(Topic ID: 11854)

Back box bolt?

By rdonohue13

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I had no idea until I purchased my second pin that there are supposed to be bolts in the head of the pin bolting it down to body. Seeing this made me realize the only thing holding the top of my MNF pin is the latch on the back. What size bolts are these and where can I find them? Is there a specific name for these I have tried searching a couple of the pinball sites and have had no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this is such a noob question but I haven't run across this problem anywhere.

#2 12 years ago

3/8"-16 bolts 2-1/2"

LTG

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

3/8"-16 bolts 2-1/2"

LTG

I have wondered about this as well thanks for the info LTG!

#4 12 years ago

You can stick a leg bolt in there and figure if you need a longer one. 2 1/2 inches long is for Williams WPC era.

LTG

#5 12 years ago

LTG to the rescue!!! Thanks again for joining Pinside, your knowledge and willingness to help others is so cool LTG. I would love to pay a visit and meet you sometime...just a short 9 hr drive but Im sure it would be worth it.

#6 12 years ago

Mine is missing those two..where do they go?

5 years later
    #7 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You can stick a leg bolt in there and figure if you need a longer one. 2 1/2 inches long is for Williams WPC era.
    LTG

Thanks lloyd

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

3/8"-16 bolts 2-1/2"
    LTG

With thick flat washers too.

11 months later
    #10 6 years ago

hmmm,

3/8" doesn't fit in a Cyclone head. It's too narrow, 1/2" is too wide. 9/16? or could it be metric?

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

hmmm,
    3/8" doesn't fit in a Cyclone head. It's too narrow, 1/2" is too wide. 9/16? or could it be metric?

If 1/2" is too wide 9/16" will also be too wide. Try a 7/16" - 16
    It's not likely to be metric but if the 3/8" doesn't fit it's been changed and who knows what was on hand at the time?

#12 6 years ago

oh yeah, new 7/16" new math!

#13 6 years ago

Arithmetic....

#14 6 years ago

you know 3.5 + 3.5 = 9

3 months later
    #15 5 years ago

Bumping a massively old thread, but.... (New member here, hi all! )

My girlfriend just picked up her first pin, a High Speed, and we've discovered it only has the one back box bolt. So before I head off to Home Despot (and of course I don't have the bolt in hand or else it would just come with me), am I looking for a 7/16ths-16 2.5", or a 3/8ths? It didn't seem like the same bolt that was on the legs.

Thanks in advance! Happy to be here.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from clemon79:

My girlfriend just picked up her first pin, a High Speed, and we've discovered it only has the one back box bolt. ...am I looking for a 7/16ths-16 2.5", or a 3/8ths?

3/8ths. Get large diameter flat washers too. If I'm making a special trip I'll get longer bolts too, in case the correct bolt is to short.

#17 5 years ago
    #18 5 years ago

I found some on ebay, original Williams NOS, winged top bolts, were expensive.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-box-bolt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.