(Topic ID: 65247)

Back and Forth debate on Stern and JJP new thread.........

By iceman44

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Sunfox
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-1.jpeg
    Pic_C_-_Cat_Fight.jpg
    cornfield.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindome.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Here you go.........
    I know one thing, Ac/dc is addictive, fun and one of the best eva!
    The only negative thing is getting the ball in the lower play field without my nut driver, couldn't find it and had to use the needle nose pliers, talk about anxiety!

Nothing like a little hooch (or a lot) to make things interesting.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I am somewhat of a Stern Fanboy. I am all for JJP and any other pinball manufacturer that can produce more pinball titles. My big issue is the logistics. As a business major I see an issue with the way JJP does business. They rely on the pinball enthusiast to become their venture capitalist for producing machines. I know that it takes a tremendous amount of money, motivation and inspiration to start a company. I feel that it should have been started with more investors and venture capitalist other than the average pinball enthusiast who had to put their monies down and hope and wait. This business model is going to eventually lead to failure. Mabye Jack did look for investors and they simply were not willing to invest in a pinball company? When Stern got in trouble he incorporated private investors, and not the public. If you want the public's monies for investments then the stock market and Wall Street is the answer. If you do not wish to become publicly traded and wish to grow privately then usually venture capital is used. I really love pinball and want more manufactures in the game, I just see it how it is. If JJP does go out of business in next couple of years I think the WOZ pinball will shoot through the roof in value. It could be like a BBB someday. Not trying to be Negative Nancy or Debbie Downer just my opinion.

You overlook one very valuable point about crowd sourcing vs venture capital or an IPO for public money. JJP is a private company and Jack does not have to answer to anyone especially the bean counters. I am sure that WOZECLE would not be the game it is today if the bean counters were involved in making the decisions on what a pinball machine should like. Be thankful that Jack was able to build his game not a game that was designed to make the maximum amount of profit.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindome.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-and-forth-debate-on-stern-and-jjp-new-thread?tu=pindome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.