(Topic ID: 67131)

Back Alley's officially licensed Tornado Mod.

By Jetzxi

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by boobooboi
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2540.jpg
IMG_4648.jpg
IMG_2553-887.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I am told that this will be available to purchase real soon if not already.
This was on display in 2 machines at Expo and looked great!

IMG_2553-887.jpgIMG_2553-887.jpg
#2 10 years ago

Oh man, I feel bad for the other guy who has been working hard on his own tornado mod. I hope this one lights up with a flasher as well??

And why does it look like it blocks the lane there?? That is not the intended placement of it? (completely blocks the only image of Emerald City in the game)

#3 10 years ago

Looks good.

#4 10 years ago

You have to license a tornado?

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from suave84:

Really. Maybe Matt licensed it from the other guy who made one.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from suave84:

lol. I thought the same thing. But what I think is meant is that JJP offically certifies/approves this mod?

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

Really. Maybe Matt licensed it from the other guy who made one.

lol!

And holy cow ... you have 66 games in your collection?? I couldn't fit that many in my house ... and my wife already wants to kill me with 10, lol.

#8 10 years ago

Price?

#9 10 years ago

Ut oh.....already committed to the other one.....I like the positioning, and with promise of flashing led w house spinning, seemed too cool to pass.....don't know what the " licensing" term means relative to a mod......mark

#10 10 years ago

If the tornado curved to the left (and not the right) wouldn't it free up a view of the Emerald City in the background? I sure hope it has lighting with it (and it's cheap, lol.)

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

lol. I thought the same thing. But what I think is meant is that JJP offically certifies/approves this mod?

That's it.....damn Centerflunk and the beers he has been feeding me!

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

lol!
And holy cow ... you have 66 games in your collection?? I couldn't fit that many in my house ... and my wife already wants to kill me with 10, lol.

That's why I keep them at work.

#13 10 years ago

It wobbles when you play, I assume that's intentional.

#14 10 years ago

That one does look pretty sweet. Curious how it really sits in the game, looks like that one is blocking one of the lanes. I'm in for both, sure Matt's and the other, either will be a nice addition considering it's a missing piece much needed in the game.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I think it's more that Warner Bros. licensing has approved the look and style of this mod for official use with WOZ.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It wobbles when you play, I assume that's intentional.

Yes, it looked good in there wobbling around.

#17 10 years ago

I own WOZLE, I think it blocks the view of the Emerald City. Otherwise a cool mod.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I own WOZLE, I think it blocks the view of the Emerald City. Otherwise a cool mod.

That picture was taken before they had mounted it. I thought I took one of it mounted but I guess not. In my opinion once installed I didn't think it blocked Emerald City at all.

edit: here are two more pictures, sorry....none are at a players perspective.

IMG_4648.jpgIMG_4648.jpg IMG_2540.jpgIMG_2540.jpg
#19 10 years ago

Somebody eventually needs to take pictures from the player's position so we can see how the mod affects view of the Emerald City and switch.
Also, the other guy making a tornado mod is developing a flasher circuit tied to the house motor that will flash like lightning in the tornado. That sounds a little more impressive than just a resin tornado. I will wait to see both in final form before deciding on which to buy.

One other note, the idea of officially licensing a tornado as an after market mod is pure BS. Either it is on the original game or it is merely a mod that anybody with talent could make in a similar fashion.

#20 10 years ago

thanks DCFAN...my take as well......now, if we could get GLM to do a microswitch on the back ramp, that would rock!!!!.....

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

One other note, the idea of officially licensing a tornado as an after market mod is pure BS. Either it is on the original game or it is merely a mod that anybody with talent could make in a similar fashion.

Yeah I don't remember the specifics on the licensing or details about where to buy etc but they had it in 2 machines out of the 3 that were there and I really thought it complimented the game well.

#22 10 years ago

Hey guys just gonna weigh in here really quick and brief. We will do a full announcement on all the details very soon. To answer a few quick questions that I am seeing:

Yes it is an official WB-JJP licensed part meaning that WB approved it.

No the tornado does not block the view of the emerald city. You can see the monkey getting the ball off the pf and you can see the emerald city on the back wall. The tornado fit's right in between those two spots. Took some work to make sure it didn't block anything but we are all good.

I was asked a lot at expo will there be more mods,
Yes there are several more mods and the details on them and when each will be release will follow shortly. Jack and I are in the middle of getting everything prepped for the announcement of these.

Hope this fills in a few blanks for now.
Thanks

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Yes there are several more mods and the details on them and when each will be release will follow shortly. Jack and I are in the middle of getting everything prepped for the announcement of these.
Hope this fills in a few blanks for now.
Thanks

For those of us who have machines that are ordered and paid in full but not yet built, will we be able to order these as factory installed options?

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

That's it.....damn Centerflunk and the beers he has been feeding me!

This centerflunk guy sounds like a dick.

#25 10 years ago

Hey Matt, let me know when they are Avialable.

#26 10 years ago

Can't wait to grab one of these. Looks great!

#27 10 years ago

Can trees with glowing eyes be far behind?

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Can trees with glowing eyes be far behind?

hmmm I wonder!

2 months later
#29 10 years ago

hey, guys. i'm looking for a back alley creations emerald city AND tornado mod if anyone has extras. i'm only lookin' for new/unused. get back with me at hereibe at (g) mail (d o t) c o m and thanks! -john

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

13,000 (OBO)
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-alleys-officially-licensed-tornado-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.