Modfather Castle Walls Darker.jpg
BAC Castle Walls.jpg
castle4.jpg
castle3.jpg
castle2.jpg
Castle1.jpg
20140516_210855.jpg
20140516_210928.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 years ago

Are these BAC "mods" or official JJP products?

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

This is DEFINITELY a much nicer version. Already bought Mez's but I gotta grab this one. No harm in supporting BOTH guys and using the example you prefer most. You can always ditch the spare. As stated above if you can pay 7-8K for a machine what the hell is another $50-100 to make it look much better? I have 2 Twistnado's on order with MEZ but I will not hesitate to buy Matt's version if I believe its an improvement.

with all the things that could be modded on this game the fact that BAC is doing mods that are already being done by someone else is a little disappointing. I understand if these were intended to be a part of the 75th anniversary and it was just coincidence that TMezel's mods were created at the same time but if these are being made after the fact and just copying what TMezel has come up with I think it is pretty lame.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Had me until $50...I fear castle walls are going to be EXPENSIVE.

unless someone else comes up with something cheaper

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Yes the castle walls will be the same as found in the 75th edition game. At the moment price will be the same to all, this way is u have a non le or an le you can make it your own. Add what u like take out what you don't.

I guess u could say both. BAC makes the parts for JJP and the mods will be sold on BAC site

So these are official JJP 75th anniversary parts? Is the EC going to be used in the 75th anniversary edition?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Heres the bottom line, Buy the one you like!
Yes matts (back alley) is molded and sculpted which is the best process in my opinion. its not run the quick and easy way through a 3d printer.
Yes tmezel showed his first on pinside, BUT, Back Alley Creations Had these done along with other mods almost 3 years ago!!! I know i seen them in person!!!
He was, from my understanding waiting on the ok to release them!!
TaylorVA! Whats your your beef dude, NOThing else to bitch about today.
Matts a great guy!!!!!!
Anyone else on here vouch for Back Alley?
JT

I should have known what you saw three years ago…my bad.

Quoted from jrivelli:

Why does it really matter if BAC mods of JJP licensed mods? It doesn't. These are great, lots of time put in and they look badass. Be happy for a mod or someone for once, it would be nice Not sure what it is, but you seem to question anything and everything WoZ related as if you were the Woz creator and are upset a mod is being made. why exactly?

First let me say that I have no idea WTF you are talking about in regards to me asking about anything WOZ related other than the fact I have one and am interested in issues people are having with the game or fixes people may have for issues that are similar to mine. My want of others misery is a lot deeper than people making mods…lol.

The reason I asked is because JJP is making parts for the 75th anniversary edition similar to what Matt is saying they are going to be selling. If these are the official parts that JJP is going to be using than I have an idea as to what they will be as JJP has released pics. If this is a MOD that Matt is selling at BAC but isn't official than I will wait and see what the "official" items are.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

OK let me stop all of this right here and clear up some things that have been driving me nuts. First off I am not coping of TMezel and I know he is not coping off me. The fact that pinside got to see his first only has to do with the fact that the parts I made sat in a box for almost 2 years done and approved by WB. I had to wait til I got the approval to release them for sale as well. Also the parts that I have for mods where all made originally for the game and did not make it to the final production for one reason or another.
Now we are able to release them and are doing just that. If you like his mods go and buy his if you like mine then it would be great if you got mine. Bottom line is I made these parts years ago and want to have them out there for whoever wants to buy them.

Matt, I thought this might be the case and appreciate your sharing the circumstances of releasing these.

This hobby has obviously blown up over the years but for a long time there were few people that put themselves, and their money, out there making mods for games. I have always tried to support the original creator of products as the ability to undercut someone's price is easily done once all the time and legwork is done by another.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

can someone please post the "new" castle walls in the machine and the differences. I obviously keep missing them! Thanks much Will also check Back Alley Cheers

They are shown in the 75th anniversary flyer and replace the flat
Plastic pieces over the targets with sculpted wall
Pieces and really enhance the look IMO.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Matts mods were made years ago. I saw them first hand and as he said were shelved for various reasons and definitely weren't copies.

Were these originally designed to go in the LEs?

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Castle Playfield with Castle walls mod:

Original Castle playfield:

WOZcastle walls.jpg 96 KB

woz castle.jpg 102 KB

I really like how they hide the monkey from the players view.

#75 10 years ago

BAC- are the walls going on sale this week? how much?

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I too saw Matt's a couple of years ago, I will also add Matt's sculpted mods are WAAAAAAY more durable than any 3d printing. My experience with 3d printed items is lack of durability. Sculpt/molded are also smooth and flawless, unlike that from an entry level 3d printer. Unfortunately, getting licenses, and approvals takes some time.

It's too bad they didn't use these some of these in the original game. I don't understand why these items were held up by licenses. Could someone explain that?

1 month later
#104 10 years ago

Bump.

Looking for castle wall info.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I was told by Matt that he was still awaiting release and approval info.
I'm sure as soon as it's available, he'll let everyone know.

Thought he already had that from his prior post.

3 months later
#189 9 years ago

How much are the mods?

#274 9 years ago

I'm surprised at the cost simply by the fact they are production pieces for the 75th version. I'd assume the cost of sculpting and mold making would at least be tied into the cost increase for the 75th. Once the sculpting and mold making is done the BOM had got to go down a considerable bit.

#313 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

This is Matt's project, not JJP's. JJP has a past history of throwing bones on things they made. Invisiglass sales for example.
LTG : )™

JJP didn't have Matt do these for the 75th?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 91.00
$ 16.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-alley-woz-mods-for-sale?tu=taylorva and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.