Topic Stats

• 348 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by nitrojcrawf
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 29 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3239.JPG
IMG_3234.JPG
IMG_3225.JPG
IMG_3224.JPG
IMG_3223.JPG
IMG_3221.JPG
IMG_3219.JPG
IMG_3218.JPG
Modfather Castle Walls Darker.jpg
BAC Castle Walls.jpg
castle4.jpg
castle3.jpg
castle2.jpg
Castle1.jpg
20140516_210855.jpg
20140516_210928.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider backalleymatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hi Guys hope everyone had a great Christmas and are enjoying there holiday week. Today we have release our 1st mod for WOZ. For the next 24hours we will be doing free shipping on it in the US. The next mods to be released are Toto in the basket, the castle walls and the tornado. We are expecting to release Toto on Jan 1 and the castle and the tornado the week after. We are waiting on the new brackets to arrive to release them. I also have a few more mods for WOZ that we are going to release just after that. If you have not join our mailing list please do so for all the latest updates.

Thanks for all the support and Happy Holidays!
Matt

bottom city wizard of oz.jpg Top city wizard of oz.jpg
#13 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Are these the same castle walls (and other bits) found on the red 75th edition of the game? If so, are they any discounts for existing ECLE owners?

Yes the castle walls will be the same as found in the 75th edition game. At the moment price will be the same to all, this way is u have a non le or an le you can make it your own. Add what u like take out what you don't.

Quoted from TaylorVA:

Are these BAC "mods" or official JJP products?

I guess u could say both. BAC makes the parts for JJP and the mods will be sold on BAC site

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

with all the things that could be modded on this game the fact that BAC is doing mods that are already being done by someone else is a little disappointing. I understand if these were intended to be a part of the 75th anniversary and it was just coincidence that TMezel's mods were created at the same time but if these are being made after the fact and just copying what TMezel has come up with I think it is pretty lame.

OK let me stop all of this right here and clear up some things that have been driving me nuts. First off I am not coping of TMezel and I know he is not coping off me. The fact that pinside got to see his first only has to do with the fact that the parts I made sat in a box for almost 2 years done and approved by WB. I had to wait til I got the approval to release them for sale as well. Also the parts that I have for mods where all made originally for the game and did not make it to the final production for one reason or another.

Now we are able to release them and are doing just that. If you like his mods go and buy his if you like mine then it would be great if you got mine. Bottom line is I made these parts years ago and want to have them out there for whoever wants to buy them.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

So these are official JJP 75th anniversary parts? Is the EC going to be used in the 75th anniversary edition?

Toto, the Tornado and the castle walls will all be used in the 75th edition game and can be seen in the flyer.

The city will not be in the 75th edition game

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

I think you mean "copying", coping is a type of saw or a way that a person deals with feelings or emotions.

LMAO ur killing me...... yes I miss spelled it.
when it comes to grammar and spelling I am horrible at it

Now my secret is out
lol

#81 5 years ago

Hi Guys just wanted to give everyone a quick update. All the City mods orders that were placed through sunday shipped yesterday. Any order that was placed monday will ship out on Thurs do to the holiday. So there all in the mail Thanks for the awesome response.

As for an update on the castle walls and other mods I will know more probably later tonight on when the supplies I need will arrive. Remember they are all made by hand so I am trying to prep now so they will not take forever to ship.

More to come tonight and later this week.

Thanks again

1 month later
#110 5 years ago

Hi Guys, not much longer looks like all is well on the approval and paper work and all that fun behind the scene stuff. Should have a release date for you the beginning of the week. Thanks for hanging in there.

1 month later
#123 5 years ago

Hi Guys, sorry on the delay but this one is kinda out of my hands. Waiting on the brackets, but just got off the phone and it looks like on monday I will get an eta on the bracket for the witch castle. As long as I get a test bracket next week I can make the master molds and get rolling on these. I'll post what info I got on monday.

If all goes well this week I would think we could get brackets in stock by the end of the month and start taking order for them on April 1st......No Joke ( I realize what that date is)

thanks again

1 week later
#128 5 years ago

Well not the news I wanted to state but look like it will be next week on the bracket, sounds like a for sure this time...fingers crossed. I just picked up about 25 gallons of resin and am working on making the master molds for the 75th toys. This way I should have some in stock for orders rather then made to order. Sorry again on the waiting game trust me I am dieing to get them out there to you guys. More info in just a few short days

1 week later
#132 5 years ago

Hang in there guys I am very please that lots of people want this but my hands are tied. I am still waiting on that bracket to get made for mounting the walls. Once I get that I can make the final 4 walls. I have started making master molds of 4 out of the 8 walls for the castle and toto in the basket is molded and the tornado is molded. So I am prepping for orders but seeing as this is a production part and a mod I have to make sure that they are all the same hardware. Hope to get the bracket in soon but I still don't have a for sure date on when I will get a bracket. The second I know more I will let everyone know. But at the moment I am still waiting too. Hope to have some good news on it soon.

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from wolowizard:

A bracket.................that's what im waiting for ? A stupid bracket ...damn...can I help....I have a Woz and I make brackets...send me some specs..i will do my best to help get this moving ....the walls look great and every WOZ owner in anxiously awaiting its arrival.............lets do this man

LOL if only it was that easy.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

They must be using an approved JJP manufacturer to build these brackets.

Yes this it true, the brackets are from the 75th game, they are the same exact parts. The issue or delay is that the 75th is not on the line right now. The emerald city and none LE are. So some parts are still being made for 75th, like the brackets.

I am only making the resin parts, all the new screws, posts stand offs and brackets are from JJP from the same parts as the 75th. these "mods" are actual production parts for the 75th, so there mods to everyone that doesn't have a 75. If this was just a standard Back Alley Mod I would be making everything myself. But this is a group project mod with Back and JJP.

Hope this clears some things up I know everyone wants them and that's awesome and flattering and the second I get in the parts I will start cranking them out for everyone. Just hang in there for me

2 weeks later
#143 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've already given up on this. I think I have a better chance of seeing my Hobbit before 2016 than I do of getting castle walls before 2015.
That said, I LOVE Matt's work!

Ohhhhhhh....beelzeboob cheer up I have great news

Seriously I do. On friday I got in the brackets from JJP and they look and fit great, Now that I have them I am finalizing the sculpting and tweaking a few things on the back walls. I will be casting a master mold later today and working through out the week on getting them finalized.

If all goes well I think we can start pre orders on these in about a week from today. But I have to finalize a few thing with JJP on these parts.

2 weeks later
#158 5 years ago

Will post more pics later tonight.
Friday will be here before we know it

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Couldn't you just use quake putty to mount Toto? Would save a hole and be easy to reposition if needed.

The Bracket actually keeps him from falling into the lane. If u wanted to use that you could move him over to where the basket is sitting more on the wood rail so he is more centered on the rail and then I think that putty would hold ok.

#187 5 years ago

Here is another video showing close ups of each of the pieces. The parts will all be up on my website tomorrow morning at about 5am central time. Thanks again

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It ain't gonna be cheap I'm guessing. Probably between $100 and $200. If it doesn't light up, do back flips, and blow me on command (with a thank you when finished), then it shouldn't be much more than that.
EDIT: that being said, I'll be buying one either way!

LMAO

I have always tried to make a quality product that I can back and keep a fair price on. WOZ mods are no exception to that rule.

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

If each one is truly 'hand made' then I strongly suggest BAC invest in a Makerbot or similar production device, or make a mold for them.
But wait, aren't these going on 1000 ruby editions??
I'd love to see the BOM line item for these on the ruby red edition. Couldn't be more than $20 or so for the whole batch.

Yes they are all hand made. Each piece is hand mixed and poured into a mold, deflashed, sanded, pre drilled, epoxied together, hand painted/airbrushed.

Yes these are the same parts that are going into the 75th game.

$20 for it???? hmmmm I have more then that in the raw resin material, not to mention mold and other parts that go in it. China could not even make them for that amount. Sorry but $20 is way off the BOM on these.

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

On a different note ... I'm a little nervous what Smaug is going to look like for Hobbit. The only characters/figures I've seen Matt do himself are the trees in WOZ (mediocre IMO) and now Toto (which seems to have also gotten a fair amount of criticism.) Did Matt do the witch plastic in WOZ too? That's a pretty underwhelming piece as well. Does anyone know of a detailed figure/character that Matt has done himself that is a better example of his talent??

Yep did the trees
And the Witch, the state fair balloon, the little feet with grass in the house, the castle walls vac form, the munchkin huts vac form, the emerald city topper, the flame pot topper, helped make the Oz head with Greg. And now on the 75th game I made the castle walls 3D adding more walls that are bigger and longer, tornado and Toto. All of these I sculpted.

On predator made the skull, bones and claw......oh and everything on my website is not a store bought piece, everything was a block of wood or clay or raw material that I sculpted and made, with the exception of the ACDC cannon.

Sorry u don't like my work but I can't help but take this personal.
I put a lot of hard work into making everything I do and making it by hand and trying to keep the quality of my product up there. Sorry that it is not up to ur standards and considered mediocre. Everyone has there opinion and I can respect that but I pour a lot of heart into making each of my parts and it's the best I can do.

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I would think the real effort was in the initial design/creation. Mass manufacturing would be less effort

Mass manufacturing is the same amount of time and making 1, seeing as there all hand made. By this I mean, if 1 part takes 8 hours to make then 100 parts take 800 hours to make. All the parts I make are not made by some machine or some large company that doesn't care about the final product. All my parts are given a lot of attention to detail and quality. The same amount of effort goes into making 1 part as 1000 parts.

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

But Matt was the one to create the look (individual model/pieces) of Smaug, correct?
Also, I was told it was intereactive in TWO ways ... so he must do something else? His tail perhaps?

Yes all the toys on the Hobbit are being created by myself.

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I thought the Predator skeleton was molded from an actual skeleton?
Did you hand carve/sculpt the pieces that will be used for Smaug? Can you give any general description (hints) of just how detailed and life-like Smaug will be?

Yes the predator side toppers or earings as they have been dub where casted from a real human skeleton, the skull that is in the game under the glass was sculpted from clay by me.

Smaug is sculpted from clay, nothing more I can say on that as it's up to JJP to release info on it.

#284 5 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Are you also making the Ruby Red topper?

No not made by me

#324 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, Matt! Any idea when these will ship? Let us know if you have an ETA...thanks

Working on them as we speak, poured a ton of resin over the past few days, been sanding and drilling all day today and tomorrow. Things are moving along well.

The plan is still on track for shipping towards the end of the month, around the end of next week

Thanks again

#325 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I got confirmation of my payment from PayPal but got nothing from Back Alley. Anyone get a confirmation?

My site is not set up to automatically send out confirmations of orders. If you got a paypal confirmation then all is well

But if anyone would like to confirm please feel free to e-mail or PM just to double check.

Jim got ur order

Thanks again

1 week later
#333 5 years ago

Just wanted to let everyone know that has purchased a WOZ mod, that they are done.
Except for the those of you who placed an order in the last 3 days. Those will go out mid week (thurs)

Big Thanks to everyone that placed and order and supported my product.

Thanks again, Matt

#337 5 years ago

Installation instructions
Step 1:

Step 2:

Adding links to my website in the am

#338 5 years ago

Tornado install, will make a better video and list on my website in the am, but here is original link:

Step to install
Butt up the bracket on the tornado with the bracket for the switch on the ramp.
Take a marker and dot the holes
Drill out the holes
Install provided screws and locking nuts

**note, that the tornado can be mounted under the current switch plate but it is difficult to install it this way unless u have super tiny magnetic fingers But if you do not want to drill 2 holes in the ramp it can be done, up to you***

#339 5 years ago

I will have instructions on my website in the AM, (links above for now)
Was so focused on finishing everyones parts that I forgot to run out and make an install video

Also we did run into 1 small problem
I will be mailing everyone a replacement screw for the right side wall closest to the witch tube.
The screw that came with the mod to screw into the hex spacer is 3/8in long, it needs to be 3/16in long. I have just ordered replacement screws, they will be here on friday and I will mail everyone 1 screw out on sat in the am.

Sorry about the wrong size screw, I was working off a proto game and didn't realize the difference in size. None the less not having the correct length screw will not hold u up from installing it. The part will not fall off or effect game play so please feel free to install it right away til the replacement screw arrives.

Once again sorry about the wrong size and thanks to all for the continued support

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 189.00
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider backalleymatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside