Modfather Castle Walls Darker.jpg
BAC Castle Walls.jpg
castle4.jpg
castle3.jpg
castle2.jpg
Castle1.jpg
20140516_210855.jpg
20140516_210928.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#260 9 years ago

It takes a lot of time to sculpt things, especially when they are as nicely done as what Matt does. Resin, even in bulk, is not uber cheap. Casting all of these, and especially the painting process would be a lot of work for each set too I imagine. Then there are the brackets that need to be fitted and created.

Sometimes it's easy to look at the toys your kids have and wonder why pinball mods have to be so expensive, but when you consider the much smaller niche run, and the better quality, anyone that has tinkered in any of this stuff knows how much time and money actually does go into these things.

How much is the TZ piano? How much for a custom shooter rod? How much for all those other stationary mods you have bought? If you fit into this category, you might now imagine now why a 5 piece custom set off walls may not be cranked out at $50.

I recently considered trying to make a mod which I think would look great, but after figuring out all the costs involved just to cast and mold the damn thing, the time to sculpt and do other stuff, and the likely pricey tag I would assume would be accepted - seemed like exercise in frustration for me.

If I had this machine (one day I will I'm sure), given the upgrade value in appearance, I would not hesitate to buy.

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

You know this is getting kind of ugly - this back and forth. In my opinion they both look pretty good. Either one is certainly better than what is on there now.

I think a reality check is just needed for some of the people ragging on the price. Matt is hardly known for gouging for his work.

I applaud anyone making modifications for any machine, whether I personally care for it or not.

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Moving on....

Thank you, stop pissing on this thread!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-alley-woz-mods-for-sale?tu=atomicboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.