Modfather Castle Walls Darker.jpg
BAC Castle Walls.jpg
castle4.jpg
castle3.jpg
castle2.jpg
Castle1.jpg
20140516_210855.jpg
20140516_210928.jpg
There are 348 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 9 years ago

For God's sake, will somebody please shoot this horse. Everyone has supported their team. Both mod makers are at the top of their game. These guys are the best. Can we not call a draw.

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

For God's sake, will somebody please shoot this horse. Everyone has supported their team. Both mod makers are at the top of their game. These guys are the best. Can we not call a draw.

Amen.

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

Okay. But we're shooting yours first.

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

If this statement was true then why do you feel the need to keep bringing his work up in this and other threads about how its way over priced. I think your back peddling at this point. Just own up that you've been harsh and rude about it and move on. Nobody cares really. But Matt's friends are going to back him up on his work effort and talents.

First of all, it's "backpedaling," and second, that's not what I'm doing at all. I think the walls look cool, appreciate the talent/effort made in designing them, never said differently, and yes, I think they are way overpriced and won't be buying them for that reason.

Moving on....

#305 9 years ago

I think some people are missing the point here . Your not just paying for the mod your paying for the artist to create it . Matt does great work and this is a nice opportunity for people to buy an upgrade from the artist that did a lot of the models for the game itself . Also these are mods , not necessities (you can play the game without them ) so if you don't like the price don't buy them . But again it is nice of Matt to make these upgrades for the people that do want to spend the money to get a custom piece made by the artist that made parts for a game that they like . Maybe Matt should invite some people over to watch him create some of these mods , I highly doubt they would think they are overpriced when they see the work that goes into making them .

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Moving on....

Thank you, stop pissing on this thread!

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I think they are way overpriced and won't be buying them for that reason.

I would say that most mods are getting a little high priced for what you get. But I'm an idiot and bought both sets! I sure hope they both fit!

#308 9 years ago

Sheesh....bitching about having 2 mods to choose from....Look...Decide...Buy............see yuz....

#309 9 years ago

Am I on the RGP site. I have to check because of all the complaining.

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

First of all, it's "backpedaling," and second, that's not what I'm doing at all. I think the walls look cool, appreciate the talent/effort made in designing them, never said differently, and yes, I think they are way overpriced and won't be buying them for that reason.
Moving on....

Again, you have said this about 100 times in several threads that's the point. Just move on. Nobody really cares. Pins are overpriced too!

#311 9 years ago

Relax everybody. We all waited several months for this mod to be ready. Some just need to let off some sticker shock steam.

#312 9 years ago

For people deciding between these two, take a close look at the stills from the film. Back alley's walls are MUCH closer to the originals in the movies, if that matters to you.

#313 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

This is Matt's project, not JJP's. JJP has a past history of throwing bones on things they made. Invisiglass sales for example.
LTG : )™

JJP didn't have Matt do these for the 75th?

#314 9 years ago

That's the part I'm wondering. I'll just wait and see if they figure out a more efficient (and cheaper) process of making them when 1000 RRLEs are on the line. If not, no walls for me. To put in perspective, the $5 fans I just installed on the flipper coils will make the machine much more enjoyable than $225 decorative walls. To each their own... no more flipper fade after mega multiballs!

#315 9 years ago

No more flipper fade after mega multiballs!

I thought it was in my head,is this common?

#316 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

That's the part I'm wondering. I'll just wait and see if they figure out a more efficient (and cheaper) process of making them when 1000 RRLEs are on the line. If not, no walls for me. To put in perspective, the $5 fans I just installed on the flipper coils will make the machine much more enjoyable than $225 decorative walls. To each their own... no more flipper fade after mega multiballs!

There's actually 1500 RRLE's according to Pinballnews. That comes out to $337,500 worth of castle walls if purchased at the $225 price!

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/wizardofoz/index41.html

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

interesting I didn't know that, what fans did you use? do you have a pic you could show us thanks

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Fans?? Are your flippers getting mushy ala LOTR?

#319 9 years ago

They don't get mushy, but they do change over the course of a long intense game... shot timing alters because they do weaken a bit. I pressed my finger against the plunger after a 1M game and it was painful to hold it there for more than a few seconds. This isn't a WOZ issue... I've had to add fans to my Tron and AFM to keep the flippers more consistent, and STLE and LOTR are getting them soon. LOTR has Terry's coils, but while they can always make the ring, they also change over the course of a long game. Games with lots of flipping and strong flipper coils/programming just can't dissipate the heat quickly enough.

I'll get pic later.. all I did was cut a .75" wide strip of metal about 4" long and attached the fan down one side, gave the end a 90deg bend and drilled it so I could piggyback it to the flipper mount plate.

#320 9 years ago

Waiting for the first water-cooled pinball machine now.

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from Quietmouse:

For people deciding between these two, take a close look at the stills from the film. Back alley's walls are MUCH closer to the originals in the movies, if that matters to you.

Not sure what you are talking about. Look at the pics I posted just a page earlier in this thread of the castle from the movie. Where in the movie do you see the castle made of cinderblock like a medieval castle?? Neither are authentic to the movie. Of course, the trees look little like the trees in the movie, and the witch bares little resemblance to the wicked witch in the movie too. So it's all good.

#322 9 years ago

Hey, Matt! Any idea when these will ship? Between the castle walls and my Mezel light-up winkie, my WOZ will be transformed. (At least the back left corner will!) Let us know if you have an ETA...thanks!

(Thinly disguised bump for a great guy, btw...)

#323 9 years ago

I got confirmation of my payment from PayPal but got nothing from Back Alley. Anyone get a confirmation?

#324 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, Matt! Any idea when these will ship? Let us know if you have an ETA...thanks

Working on them as we speak, poured a ton of resin over the past few days, been sanding and drilling all day today and tomorrow. Things are moving along well.

The plan is still on track for shipping towards the end of the month, around the end of next week

Thanks again

#325 9 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I got confirmation of my payment from PayPal but got nothing from Back Alley. Anyone get a confirmation?

My site is not set up to automatically send out confirmations of orders. If you got a paypal confirmation then all is well

But if anyone would like to confirm please feel free to e-mail or PM just to double check.

Jim got ur order

Thanks again

#326 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Not sure what you are talking about. Look at the pics I posted just a page earlier in this thread of the castle from the movie. Where in the movie do you see the castle made of cinderblock like a medieval castle?? Neither are authentic to the movie. Of course, the trees look little like the trees in the movie, and the witch bares little resemblance to the wicked witch in the movie too. So it's all good.

I think he's referring to the coloring rather than the style of the walls, but the others have been darkened now, not much difference anymore!Modfather Castle Walls Darker.jpgModfather Castle Walls Darker.jpgBAC Castle Walls.jpgBAC Castle Walls.jpg

#327 9 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Working on them as we speak, poured a ton of resin over the past few days, been sanding and drilling all day today and tomorrow. Things are moving along well.
The plan is still on track for shipping towards the end of the month, around the end of next week
Thanks again

Thanks for update Matt....

#328 9 years ago

Yeah...sorry for jumping the gun, Matt. You did say that before and in my excitement over getting them I just forgot. Carry on and I'll shut up.

#329 9 years ago

Thanks Matt. I know all of us who ordered would rather have you spending your time working on the mods instead of sending out emails. Thanks for the feedback.

#330 9 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I think he's referring to the coloring rather than the style of the walls, but the others have been darkened now, not much difference anymore!

BAC Castle Walls.jpg 66 KB

Modfather Castle Walls Darker.jp... 71 KB

There's not, but I see a BIG difference in looks.

#331 9 years ago

I installed awhile back Mezelmods tornado because I liked the fact it was lit up.

Will Matts tornado fit in the game along with Mezelmods? 2 tornados might be cool?

#332 9 years ago

I love pinside..............

This is the most relaxation...... and enjoyment... that I expect each day. (after a hard days work.).... It makes me smile.

I love it. ...... wouldn't expect anything less....

Looking forward to a nice get away weekend for Memorial Day.

Of course I will have to check in from time to time......

1 week later
#333 9 years ago

Just wanted to let everyone know that has purchased a WOZ mod, that they are done.
Except for the those of you who placed an order in the last 3 days. Those will go out mid week (thurs)

Big Thanks to everyone that placed and order and supported my product.

Thanks again, Matt

#334 9 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Just wanted to let everyone know that has purchased a WOZ mod, that they are done.
Except for the those of you who placed an order in the last 3 days. Those will go out mid week (thurs)
Big Thanks to everyone that placed and order and supported my product.
Thanks again, Matt

Hooray!!!....thanks Matt....a project for next weekend!!!....

#335 9 years ago

Great !
Will see how long shipping to Germany will last ...

#336 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

There's not, but I see a BIG difference in looks.

Agreed, Matt's are the better looking of the 2, but the price difference is substantial.

#337 9 years ago

Installation instructions
Step 1:

Step 2:

Adding links to my website in the am

#338 9 years ago

Tornado install, will make a better video and list on my website in the am, but here is original link:

Step to install
Butt up the bracket on the tornado with the bracket for the switch on the ramp.
Take a marker and dot the holes
Drill out the holes
Install provided screws and locking nuts

**note, that the tornado can be mounted under the current switch plate but it is difficult to install it this way unless u have super tiny magnetic fingers But if you do not want to drill 2 holes in the ramp it can be done, up to you***

#339 9 years ago

I will have instructions on my website in the AM, (links above for now)
Was so focused on finishing everyones parts that I forgot to run out and make an install video

Also we did run into 1 small problem
I will be mailing everyone a replacement screw for the right side wall closest to the witch tube.
The screw that came with the mod to screw into the hex spacer is 3/8in long, it needs to be 3/16in long. I have just ordered replacement screws, they will be here on friday and I will mail everyone 1 screw out on sat in the am.

Sorry about the wrong size screw, I was working off a proto game and didn't realize the difference in size. None the less not having the correct length screw will not hold u up from installing it. The part will not fall off or effect game play so please feel free to install it right away til the replacement screw arrives.

Once again sorry about the wrong size and thanks to all for the continued support

#340 9 years ago
Quoted from Leechman:

I would say that most mods are getting a little high priced for what you get. But I'm an idiot and bought both sets! I sure hope they both fit!

I agree. I would love to get a set of Matts walls but I just can't justify coughing up that much money for a mod. Maybe when I get a chance I will build my own set.

#341 9 years ago

Matt,

Thank you for installation videos on here it will help me when I get mine. You make great products, but that horrible SFX have to go. It drives me away from your website. I can't turn the audio down quick enough on my computer.

#342 9 years ago

I installed my Castle Wall, Tornado, Emerald CIty & Toto mods today.

Matt, these are beautiful works of art!

IMG_3218.JPGIMG_3218.JPG
IMG_3219.JPGIMG_3219.JPG
IMG_3221.JPGIMG_3221.JPG
IMG_3223.JPGIMG_3223.JPG

#343 9 years ago

Toto looks awesome too!

IMG_3224.JPGIMG_3224.JPG IMG_3225.JPGIMG_3225.JPG IMG_3234.JPGIMG_3234.JPG IMG_3239.JPGIMG_3239.JPG
#344 9 years ago

These mods look so good! It is amazing to look at the original pieces compared to these!!!

#345 9 years ago

Matt, do you have any other mods in the works? How about the munchkin huts?

#346 9 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Matt, do you have any other mods in the works? How about the munchkin huts?

I agree.

I think the munchkin huts look really cheap compared to the rest of the playfield.

#347 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I agree.
I think the munchkin huts look really cheap compared to the rest of the playfield.

But still way better than most secondary Stern pf plastic toys. It's not an off-the-shelf generic toy and fits in well with the playfield area and theme. I don't think it looks cheap at all, to be honest.

#348 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

But still way better than most secondary Stern pf plastic toys. It's not an off-the-shelf generic toy and fits in well with the playfield area and theme.

But they are keeping Hasbro in business.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 91.00
$ 5.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 348 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-alley-woz-mods-for-sale/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.