Topic Stats

• 348 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by nitrojcrawf
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 29 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3239.JPG
IMG_3234.JPG
IMG_3225.JPG
IMG_3224.JPG
IMG_3223.JPG
IMG_3221.JPG
IMG_3219.JPG
IMG_3218.JPG
Modfather Castle Walls Darker.jpg
BAC Castle Walls.jpg
castle4.jpg
castle3.jpg
castle2.jpg
Castle1.jpg
20140516_210855.jpg
20140516_210928.jpg

There are 348 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 5 years ago

Castle Playfield with Castle walls mod:

WOZcastle walls.jpg

Original Castle playfield:

woz castle.jpg

#52 5 years ago

Thanks DCFAN ! best view yet, looks much better than what I have on there now!

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Matts mods were made years ago. I saw them first hand and as he said were shelved for various reasons and definitely weren't copies.

Were these originally designed to go in the LEs?

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Castle Playfield with Castle walls mod:

Original Castle playfield:

WOZcastle walls.jpg 96 KB

woz castle.jpg 102 KB

I really like how they hide the monkey from the players view.

#55 5 years ago

I prefer my monkey to be out there for everyone to see...

#56 5 years ago

One hour to go for free shipping

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

One hour to go for free shipping

That ended at Noon Chicago time according to the e-mail Matt sent out.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I would have guessed so but I don't know for sure. They may not have been approved originally but they were around a long long while.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Depends on which LE you are referring to.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That ended at Noon Chicago time according to the e-mail Matt sent out.

Ahh ok,

I was looking at pinside saying it was posted 23 hours ago.

#61 5 years ago

I just spoke with Matt, he asked if I could post the following because he is preoccupied at the moment..........

"I have extended the sale through Midnight CST Saturday 12/28/13"

#62 5 years ago

Sweet. Those castle walls look great Matt. C'mon buddy, let the cat out of the bag and let us know how much the other mods are!! I know they will look great because I bought the SM mods and they really made the pin shine! I bought the pin just to have the mods.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

I prefer my monkey to be out there for everyone to see...

Until he needs discipline!

Staying on topic - I recently saw the castle wall mod while visiting JJP. I must say it looks far better than the original. Definitely going to order one when available even though my machine won't be built for some time.

#64 5 years ago

The mod looks great. Does anyone have concerns with the double sided tape vs. some other way of attaching? I think Tim's may be attached with a clip.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalerj:

The mod looks great. Does anyone have concerns with the double sided tape vs. some other way of attaching? I think Tim's may be attached with a clip.

if the base is resting on something it should n'y be a issue

#66 5 years ago

Bump for a hell of a guy!

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I just spoke with Matt, he asked if I could post the following because he is preoccupied at the moment..........
"I have extended the sale through Midnight CST Saturday 12/28/13"

Excellent! Just ordered! Waiting (impatiently ) for the other mods. Lol.

#68 5 years ago

The castle walls look like a must-have for me. They are so prominent on the play field that I think it will have a very positive impact on the overall appearance of the game.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

The castle walls look like a must-have for me. They are so prominent on the play field that I think it will have a very positive impact on the overall appearance of the game.

Agree. Not tempted by the Toto basket, made a sweet tornado, but the castle walls make that pf area look nicely finished. Hope they're not ridiculously expensive tho!

#70 5 years ago

I'm waiting for the Castle Walls, then I'll decide what other Mods I want to add, might as well get them all in one shot.

#71 5 years ago

Hopefully we will get some kind of nice "group" price. Right now the castle walls and tornado look good. Maybe Toto if the price is right.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Agree 100%!!!! Can't wait to get a set. Did OP say next week release on them? Price?

#73 5 years ago

These mods would have been a great way to help differentiate the LE's from the standard. But, from a business perspective, I suppose it makes sense to create a new market for mods/upgrades. I am liking what I have seen so far and will most likely pony up some cash for the upgrades if they aren't too outrageously priced.

#74 5 years ago

im in 4 walls

#75 5 years ago

BAC- are the walls going on sale this week? how much?

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Heres the bottom line, Buy the one you like!
Yes matts (back alley) is molded and sculpted which is the best process in my opinion. its not run the quick and easy way through a 3d printer.
Yes tmezel showed his first on pinside, BUT, Back Alley Creations Had these done along with other mods almost 3 years ago!!! I know i seen them in person!!!
He was, from my understanding waiting on the ok to release them!!
TaylorVA! Whats your your beef dude, NOThing else to bitch about today.
Matts a great guy!!!!!!
Anyone else on here vouch for Back Alley?
JT

I too saw Matt's a couple of years ago, I will also add Matt's sculpted mods are WAAAAAAY more durable than any 3d printing. My experience with 3d printed items is lack of durability. Sculpt/molded are also smooth and flawless, unlike that from an entry level 3d printer. Unfortunately, getting licenses, and approvals takes some time.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I too saw Matt's a couple of years ago, I will also add Matt's sculpted mods are WAAAAAAY more durable than any 3d printing. My experience with 3d printed items is lack of durability. Sculpt/molded are also smooth and flawless, unlike that from an entry level 3d printer. Unfortunately, getting licenses, and approvals takes some time.

It's too bad they didn't use these some of these in the original game. I don't understand why these items were held up by licenses. Could someone explain that?

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

These mods would have been a great way to help differentiate the LE's from the standard. But, from a business perspective, I suppose it makes sense to create a new market for mods/upgrades. I am liking what I have seen so far and will most likely pony up some cash for the upgrades if they aren't too outrageously priced.

Harley Davidson Motorcycles have been using this business model for years... Make a Gazillion $$$ on stock motorcycles and another Gazillion $$$ on mods & bling.

#79 5 years ago

Does anyone know if the lollipop targets will be available?

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

It's too bad they didn't use these some of these in the original game. I don't understand why these items were held up by licenses. Could someone explain that?

I think the mods were an after though by Matt and not part of the original budget, but I agree, they look like they belong in the game

#81 5 years ago

Hi Guys just wanted to give everyone a quick update. All the City mods orders that were placed through sunday shipped yesterday. Any order that was placed monday will ship out on Thurs do to the holiday. So there all in the mail Thanks for the awesome response.

As for an update on the castle walls and other mods I will know more probably later tonight on when the supplies I need will arrive. Remember they are all made by hand so I am trying to prep now so they will not take forever to ship.

More to come tonight and later this week.

Thanks again

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Hi Guys just wanted to give everyone a quick update. All the City mods orders that were placed through sunday shipped yesterday. Any order that was placed monday will ship out on Thurs do to the holiday. So there all in the mail Thanks for the awesome response.
As for an update on the castle walls and other mods I will know more probably later tonight on when the supplies I need will arrive. Remember they are all made by hand so I am trying to prep now so they will not take forever to ship.
More to come tonight and later this week.
Thanks again

Better make a crapload of castle walls as I see every owner buying those unless they are priced insanely.

#83 5 years ago

Matt, your work continues to impress! I can't wait to also see what you have in store for Predator.

I wish I owned a WOZ, I'd have purchased a set of those castle walls already if I did.

Keep kicking ass, Matt!

#84 5 years ago

Just got my Emerald City mod. Quick shipping! The quality is outstanding. The pics really don't do it justice. Thanks Matt! Looking forward to the other mods.

#85 5 years ago

I just got my Emerald City mod too. I am very impressed - thank you Matt! It looks even better in person than it does in the pictures.

Looking forward to ordering the Witch's Castle walls too!

#86 5 years ago

I received mine today as well. I can't wait to get my WOZECLE so the Emerald City mod will have its proper home. After all, there is no place like home.

#87 5 years ago

It appears that none of us who received these actually have a machine!

#88 5 years ago

Got mine as well. Just tried to to take photos show the sparkles,can't get it. Looks great in person!

#89 5 years ago

Make that 4 of us who received our Emerald City today that don't own the game. Outstanding quality mod/add on. Keep up the good work Matt!

#90 5 years ago

Ordered mine early ( I think) ......prob see it tomorrow.....so chalk one up to a guy with the machine, but not the mod ( ha).....mark

#91 5 years ago

I received mine today and I do have a WOZ--just haven't had time to install it yet! And yes, it does look even better in person!

#92 5 years ago

Got mine today but don't want to tape it to the back of the game permanently. Anyone figure out some sort of bracket/clip that it could be attached to and slid over the backboard of the game?

#93 5 years ago

Matt put me down for a set of Castle walls My WoZ is sitting here in the living room waiting Patiently for a set.

Joe(acejedi)

#94 5 years ago

Got mine yesterday as well. Looks very good. I've added it to the other WOZ mods I have while waiting for my pin to arrive in March or April. I played around with lighting it with some high intensity LED's. The resin has just enough opacity to allow the light to travel in the resin for some pretty neat effects. Will continue to work on this.

Quoted from marspinball:

Anyone figure out some sort of bracket/clip that it could be attached to and slid over the backboard of the game?

I'm not too keen on using the "sticky back" tape to mount this thing. I was considering something a bit more forgiving like the 3M Command picture hanger stuff. Will have to wait for my machine to see if that will work.

#95 5 years ago

Matt, please put me also down for a set of Castle walls.
Bigmac from little Luxembourg

#96 5 years ago

Just wondering, why are people not wanting to attach it with the provided sticky tape?

#97 5 years ago

I want a set of the castle walls too

#98 5 years ago

Castle walls look to me a MUST !!!!
Can't wait till he has them available for purchase!

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from Alphajerk3000:

Just wondering, why are people not wanting to attach it with the provided sticky tape?

My reason is that if the mod were ever to be removed for any reason, there may be damage to what it is attached to either by removing original artwork or by leaving residue. In truth, it is really an unknown at this point but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

#100 5 years ago

when can we buy the walls ? How much are they ??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
There are 348 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside