Topic Stats

• 348 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by nitrojcrawf
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 29 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3239.JPG
IMG_3234.JPG
IMG_3225.JPG
IMG_3224.JPG
IMG_3223.JPG
IMG_3221.JPG
IMG_3219.JPG
IMG_3218.JPG
Modfather Castle Walls Darker.jpg
BAC Castle Walls.jpg
castle4.jpg
castle3.jpg
castle2.jpg
Castle1.jpg
20140516_210855.jpg
20140516_210928.jpg

There are 348 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 5 years ago

Hi Guys hope everyone had a great Christmas and are enjoying there holiday week. Today we have release our 1st mod for WOZ. For the next 24hours we will be doing free shipping on it in the US. The next mods to be released are Toto in the basket, the castle walls and the tornado. We are expecting to release Toto on Jan 1 and the castle and the tornado the week after. We are waiting on the new brackets to arrive to release them. I also have a few more mods for WOZ that we are going to release just after that. If you have not join our mailing list please do so for all the latest updates.

Thanks for all the support and Happy Holidays!
Matt

bottom city wizard of oz.jpg Top city wizard of oz.jpg
#2 5 years ago

Are these the same castle walls (and other bits) found on the red 75th edition of the game? If so, are they any discounts for existing ECLE owners?

#3 5 years ago

Had me until $50...I fear castle walls are going to be EXPENSIVE.

#4 5 years ago

$50 does seem steep, especially when TMezel is selling his for $30 and his was first to the market.

Tmez's Tornado was also first to the market and first to be publicly displayed.

#5 5 years ago

If you could add a LED underneath it and make it sparkled...you would really acheive the emerald city . Either way great job, this thing looks cool.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

$50 does seem steep, especially when TMezel is selling his for $30 and his was first to the market.
Tmez's Tornado was also first to the market and first to be publicly displayed.

$30 for brand X, $50 from the guy who helped make WOZ happen. Who cares what was on the market first?

$20 to someone who spent between $6500-$8000 for the game isn't even worth mentioning.

#7 5 years ago

When you look at Matt's version and then you look at TMezel's version and then you look at a picture of the actual Emerald City from the movie... you will see that Matt's version is much more accurate.

emerald city1.jpg

#8 5 years ago

Are these BAC "mods" or official JJP products?

#9 5 years ago

This is DEFINITELY a much nicer version. Already bought Mez's but I gotta grab this one. No harm in supporting BOTH guys and using the example you prefer most. You can always ditch the spare. As stated above if you can pay 7-8K for a machine what the hell is another $50-100 to make it look much better? I have 2 Twistnado's on order with MEZ but I will not hesitate to buy Matt's version if I believe its an improvement.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

$30 for brand X, $50 from the guy who helped make WOZ happen. Who cares what was on the market first?
$20 to someone who spent between $6500-$8000 for the game isn't even worth mentioning.

I am just pointing out the fact that this seems like a very similar situation to the Bentplastics/PinZero glare guard arguments people have been having over the last couple weeks.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

This is DEFINITELY a much nicer version. Already bought Mez's but I gotta grab this one. No harm in supporting BOTH guys and using the example you prefer most. You can always ditch the spare. As stated above if you can pay 7-8K for a machine what the hell is another $50-100 to make it look much better? I have 2 Twistnado's on order with MEZ but I will not hesitate to buy Matt's version if I believe its an improvement.

with all the things that could be modded on this game the fact that BAC is doing mods that are already being done by someone else is a little disappointing. I understand if these were intended to be a part of the 75th anniversary and it was just coincidence that TMezel's mods were created at the same time but if these are being made after the fact and just copying what TMezel has come up with I think it is pretty lame.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Had me until $50...I fear castle walls are going to be EXPENSIVE.

unless someone else comes up with something cheaper

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Are these the same castle walls (and other bits) found on the red 75th edition of the game? If so, are they any discounts for existing ECLE owners?

Yes the castle walls will be the same as found in the 75th edition game. At the moment price will be the same to all, this way is u have a non le or an le you can make it your own. Add what u like take out what you don't.

Quoted from TaylorVA:

Are these BAC "mods" or official JJP products?

I guess u could say both. BAC makes the parts for JJP and the mods will be sold on BAC site

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Yes the castle walls will be the same as found in the 75th edition game. At the moment price will be the same to all, this way is u have a non le or an le you can make it your own. Add what u like take out what you don't.

I guess u could say both. BAC makes the parts for JJP and the mods will be sold on BAC site

So these are official JJP 75th anniversary parts? Is the EC going to be used in the 75th anniversary edition?

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

with all the things that could be modded on this game the fact that BAC is doing mods that are already being done by someone else is a little disappointing. I understand if these were intended to be a part of the 75th anniversary and it was just coincidence that TMezel's mods were created at the same time but if these are being made after the fact and just copying what TMezel has come up with I think it is pretty lame.

OK let me stop all of this right here and clear up some things that have been driving me nuts. First off I am not coping of TMezel and I know he is not coping off me. The fact that pinside got to see his first only has to do with the fact that the parts I made sat in a box for almost 2 years done and approved by WB. I had to wait til I got the approval to release them for sale as well. Also the parts that I have for mods where all made originally for the game and did not make it to the final production for one reason or another.

Now we are able to release them and are doing just that. If you like his mods go and buy his if you like mine then it would be great if you got mine. Bottom line is I made these parts years ago and want to have them out there for whoever wants to buy them.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

So these are official JJP 75th anniversary parts? Is the EC going to be used in the 75th anniversary edition?

Toto, the Tornado and the castle walls will all be used in the 75th edition game and can be seen in the flyer.

The city will not be in the 75th edition game

#17 5 years ago

Heres the bottom line, Buy the one you like!
Yes matts (back alley) is molded and sculpted which is the best process in my opinion. its not run the quick and easy way through a 3d printer.
Yes tmezel showed his first on pinside, BUT, Back Alley Creations Had these done along with other mods almost 3 years ago!!! I know i seen them in person!!!

He was, from my understanding waiting on the ok to release them!!

TaylorVA! Whats your your beef dude, NOThing else to bitch about today.
Matts a great guy!!!!!!
Anyone else on here vouch for Back Alley?
JT

#18 5 years ago

In for one...payment sent. Now where is my machine?!

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Why does it really matter if BAC mods of JJP licensed mods? It doesn't. These are great, lots of time put in and they look badass. Be happy for a mod or someone for once, it would be nice Not sure what it is, but you seem to question anything and everything WoZ related as if you were the Woz creator and are upset a mod is being made. why exactly?

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I am just pointing out the fact that this seems like a very similar situation to the Bentplastics/PinZero glare guard arguments people have been having over the last couple weeks.

Not similar at all. Glare gaurds been around for years.

The brand X Emerald City just came out like a week ago. You think Matt just decided to make this when he saw that?... and already has a bunch manufactured and ready to ship? Seriously? The guy who made all the toys for WOZ is ripping off the Brand X guy?

Not similar at all.

#21 5 years ago

Matt had several items that he wanted in the production machine. Some made it and some did not, he has sculptures, casts for molds, and molds of all these parts along with many variations of different items that had to be tweaked before being approved for the game. Like he said, he has been working on this project for over two years. Once he was able to get caught up on making all the items that did make the game, he was able to start producing the ones that did not and offer them up for sale.

I visited with Matt a month or two ago and you'd be amazed at the amount of work / man hours that goes into producing all of these parts, it has kept him very busy. I have known Matt for awhile and can tell you that he would never plagiarize somebody elses product, he has too much pride and would never succumb to something as low as that.

Disclaimer: Not to take anything away from JJP, I have my machine and am very happy with what is in it.

Chris

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

The brand X Emerald City just came out like a week ago. You think Matt just decided to make this when he saw that?... and already has a bunch manufactured and ready to ship? Seriously? The guy who made all the toys for WOZ is ripping off the Brand X guy?
Not similar at all.

All I was saying is that an explanation was needed or at least in Matt's best interest and Matt has come on and posted since my post with an explanation. Hindsight is 20/20.

By the way, I will vouch for Matt's work. The SM subway and building mods are really nice and I have them in my SM.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Heres the bottom line, Buy the one you like!
Yes matts (back alley) is molded and sculpted which is the best process in my opinion. its not run the quick and easy way through a 3d printer.
Yes tmezel showed his first on pinside, BUT, Back Alley Creations Had these done along with other mods almost 3 years ago!!! I know i seen them in person!!!
He was, from my understanding waiting on the ok to release them!!
TaylorVA! Whats your your beef dude, NOThing else to bitch about today.
Matts a great guy!!!!!!
Anyone else on here vouch for Back Alley?
JT

I should have known what you saw three years ago…my bad.

Quoted from jrivelli:

Why does it really matter if BAC mods of JJP licensed mods? It doesn't. These are great, lots of time put in and they look badass. Be happy for a mod or someone for once, it would be nice Not sure what it is, but you seem to question anything and everything WoZ related as if you were the Woz creator and are upset a mod is being made. why exactly?

First let me say that I have no idea WTF you are talking about in regards to me asking about anything WOZ related other than the fact I have one and am interested in issues people are having with the game or fixes people may have for issues that are similar to mine. My want of others misery is a lot deeper than people making mods…lol.

The reason I asked is because JJP is making parts for the 75th anniversary edition similar to what Matt is saying they are going to be selling. If these are the official parts that JJP is going to be using than I have an idea as to what they will be as JJP has released pics. If this is a MOD that Matt is selling at BAC but isn't official than I will wait and see what the "official" items are.

#24 5 years ago

Most of the items that are on the 75th are Matt's creations. I don't think he made the topper.

#25 5 years ago

OK let me stop all of this right here and clear up some things that have been driving me nuts. First off I am not coping of TMezel and I know he is not coping off me. The fact that pinside got to see his first only has to do with the fact that the parts I made sat in a box for almost 2 years done and approved by WB. I had to wait til I got the approval to release them for sale as well. Also the parts that I have for mods where all made originally for the game and did not make it to the final production for one reason or another.
Now we are able to release them and are doing just that. If you like his mods go and buy his if you like mine then it would be great if you got mine. Bottom line is I made these parts years ago and want to have them out there for whoever wants to buy them.

Matt, I thought this might be the case and appreciate your sharing the circumstances of releasing these.

This hobby has obviously blown up over the years but for a long time there were few people that put themselves, and their money, out there making mods for games. I have always tried to support the original creator of products as the ability to undercut someone's price is easily done once all the time and legwork is done by another.

#26 5 years ago

Looks great as always! Can't wait to see your work on the Hobbit is it December 2014 yet?

#27 5 years ago

Actually I think they are both quite nice mods... You can't really go wrong with either..but.. I'm going with Matt's on this one..

payment sent!

-Joe

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Actually I think they are both quite nice mods... You can't really go wrong with either..

1) Look at both mods.
2) Decide which one you like best.
3) Buy it.
4) Have a Coke and a smile....

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

1) Look at both mods.
2) Decide which one you like best.
3) Buy it.
4) Have a Coke and a smile....

Actually I just had a Dr Pepper!! LMAO!

#30 5 years ago

I wanna be a Pepper too!

pepper.jpg
#31 5 years ago

OK let me stop all of this right here and clear up some things that have been driving me nuts. First off I am not coping of TMezel and I know he is not coping off me.

I think you mean "copying", coping is a type of saw or a way that a person deals with feelings or emotions.

#32 5 years ago

Hi Guys hope everyone had a great Christmas and are enjoying there holiday week. Today we have release our 1st mod for WOZ. For the next 24hours we will be doing free shipping on it in the US. The next mods to be released are Toto in the basket, the castle walls and the tornado. We are expecting to release Toto on Jan 1 and the castle and the tornado the week after. We are waiting on the new brackets to arrive to release them. I also have a few more mods for WOZ that we are going to release just after that. If you have not join our mailing list please do so for all the latest updates.
Thanks for all the support and Happy Holidays!
Matt

I want one. What is your web site address.

bottom city wizard of oz.jpg 11 KB

Top city wizard of oz.jpg 34 KB

#33 5 years ago

For what it's worth I held these mods in my hands earlier in the year, there is definitely no copying by Matt just held up by proper channels.. unfortunate how it looks.

#34 5 years ago

I agree with spfxted, different people will come out with various mods and some will overlap, with some being more detailed, a different look, others cheaper or dearer etc etc, But at the end of the day just choose the one you like and what you are willing to pay for.

Tim's Emerald City is nice and similar to the games image, and Matt's is more accurate to the movie image both made of different things, it's xmas, buy one of them and have fun

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

I think you mean "copying", coping is a type of saw or a way that a person deals with feelings or emotions.

LMAO ur killing me...... yes I miss spelled it.
when it comes to grammar and spelling I am horrible at it

Now my secret is out
lol

#36 5 years ago

Toto, the Tornado and the castle walls will all be used in the 75th edition game and can be seen in the flyer.
The city will not be in the 75th edition game

What is your address?

#37 5 years ago

Backalleycreations.com

#38 5 years ago

Ordered one this evening. Looks great to me. Thanks Matt!

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

Yeah, but $50 for this, $100 for castle walls, another $50 for the tornado, $50 for toto, $125 for the GI brightening kit, $100 for cliffys...we're starting to add up here. I maybe will get the castle walls since they look so good though!

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Not similar at all.

The 'Brand X' is Mezel Mods. Calling it other than that is a bit of a slam IMHO. Matt does great work. Tim does great work. In a competitive market you can expect many products fighting to be the best. The good news is there is plenty of space in the pinball world for both- official and otherwise.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I refuse to get raped on add-ons

I checked your pin list . . . yep, you don't have a Tron. You don't know what a real add-on price butt kicking is till you own a Tron.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Backalleycreations.com

Man, there's a lot of cool pictures on that site.

It's cool to see examples of other people's art.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

The 'Brand X' is Mezel Mods. Calling it other than that is a bit of a slam IMHO. Matt does great work. Tim does great work. In a competitive market you can expect many products fighting to be the best. The good news is there is plenty of space in the pinball world for both- official and otherwise.

I consider the woz mods done by Matt and or JJP to be the real deal. Mods done by anyone else are Brand X. Same way I feel about my Dirty Donny painted Sparky. Take it as a slam if you must. That's just me, so no big deal I guess.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

especially when TMezel is selling his for $30 and his was first to the market.

I'm not knocking TMezel's mods but I'm not a fan of 3D printing quite yet. The quality in comparison to injection molding or resin casts isn't quite there. As well if you compare Matt's to Mezel's you will see that Matt's looks much more like the one in the movie and his mod has been approved by WB. Just cause your the first out the gate doesn't mean anything if it isn't the superior product. Kudos for both of them but I think Matt created a better version.

#45 5 years ago

can someone please post the "new" castle walls in the machine and the differences. I obviously keep missing them! Thanks much Will also check Back Alley Cheers

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I'm not knocking TMezel's mods but I'm not a fan of 3D printing quite yet. The quality in comparison to injection molding or resin casts isn't quite there. As well if you compare Matt's to Mezel's you will see that Matt's looks much more like the one in the movie and his mod has been approved by WB. Just cause your the first out the gate doesn't mean anything if it isn't the superior product. Kudos for both of them but I think Matt created a better version.

Don't be embarassed. Evident differences between Matt's pro stuff and homebrew 3D printer stuff. The BAC city looks far bett err an more accurate imo. As does the tornado. heck, I prefer my clear-ish homemade tornado to the mezel one. But people will buy/install what they like. More options are good.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Don't be embarassed. Evident differences between Matt's pro stuff and homebrew 3D printer stuff. The BAC city looks far bett err an more accurate imo. As does the tornado. heck, I prefer my clear-ish homemade tornado to the mezel one. But people will buy/install what they like. More options are good.

Matt's mod looks more fitting to me. That is why I bought it. It was a little more thought out IMHO. Not knocking the MEZ mod at all..just telling it as i see it.

I do have the MET Snake fangs from MEZ though!

#48 5 years ago

We also made this for the woz game and it didn't make it in because of license issues. Matt builds great mods made with good product, buy with confidence.

image-815.jpg

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

can someone please post the "new" castle walls in the machine and the differences. I obviously keep missing them! Thanks much Will also check Back Alley Cheers

They are shown in the 75th anniversary flyer and replace the flat
Plastic pieces over the targets with sculpted wall
Pieces and really enhance the look IMO.

#50 5 years ago

Matts mods were made years ago. I saw them first hand and as he said were shelved for various reasons and definitely weren't copies.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 348 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside