Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 331 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by boagman
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pimball.GIF
    image (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    69DFCFDC-E12D-4C2D-8036-6C15CDB4799D (resized).png
    waterdatacenter (resized).png
    uOcsyp (resized).png
    B4EC046D-B13A-4FFE-8F23-3C245F7AE44F (resized).png
    umm-humm-when-keeping-it-real-goes-wrong (resized).jpg
    10b05741d4aa7afec9de5412a443548c (resized).jpeg
    49E5334B-EE51-4A76-B09B-8E99668037D7 (resized).jpeg
    giphy.gif
    6DB69A6E-3813-42D2-91AE-969F14A01757 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lovef2k.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#139 3 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymag8:

So nice to see the server and everyone else back....................................................well almost everyone.............................
    Thanks Robin!!!!!!!

There's always that "One person"....

#140 3 years ago

Thanks robin for all you do for the hobby, it was scary to think "what if Pinside never came back?" The thought made me shutter.

#143 3 years ago

PLEASE DONATE! I don't mean to be a downer here but I counted about 20 to 25 members in this thread alone that either haven't donated recently or never have. I'm not bragging since I have only donated a few times myself in the 7 years I have been here, but will donate more often now. I know times are not the best for some or most of us at this time, but just a few bucks from the 800 people that are online right now could be huge and help keep Pinside healthy.

I did this recently as I just learned that by becoming a Pinside plus member, you qualify to send pics in your PM messages. So I did just that.

#168 3 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

This is pure nonsense. “Clouds” are not magical beings and the companies that run them are not very good. I am GLAD Robin doesn’t “wh*re” out Pinside to Amazon or Google.
    Also all this talk of an “individual hosting a website” WTF? Robin doesn’t run this site from his house. Can you imagine if we were all hammering a tiny server in someone’s house in the Netherlands? We’d be covering his entire towns heating bills!
    I’m confident in Robin and I’m sure he’s got plans in place in case something were to happen to him. His commitment to privacy is amazing and I think folks here just gloss over it and take it for granted.
    We live in an age where ALL YOUR PHOTOS on the “Google Cloud” are scanned and documents by Google. All your photos backed up by Amazon are deemed “their property”.
    On Pinside your stuff belongs to you. Your PMs are private and your emails and contact info is private.
    Robin could probably make a ton by selling all our info if he wanted. He’s committed to this hobby and to us! I thank him for what he does, and his brother too! You guys are incredible.

I don't use clouds, Apple nor Google. SD card is good enough for me.

1 week later
    #257 2 years ago

On topic threads, there used to be all pics that were uploaded at the top of the page from all members, has this changed or am I missing something?

#259 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

That was another one of the site features that was temporarily disabled.

Ok, I was afraid of that and glad it's only temporary.

#261 2 years ago
    Quoted from Santis:

sometimes it becomes temporary forever. Zike. Lol

Even if that's true, at least the pics were not lost. But it is convenient when you just want to scroll through the pics when you need to.

#269 2 years ago
    Quoted from Santis:

Is just a Joke so we can laugh at it while all is fix.

I gotchya. I tried this morning to start a new Pinside shop but was unsuccessful. I filled out the required info but it would not complete the process. Won't accept address.

#289 2 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

This issue should be fixed, Jasper.
    “Posts by you” is a known issue for which I need some more time to get it optimized and working properly again.
    Collection page bug is news to me, I’ll see if I can replicate it here.

I tried several time to start my PS store but I keep getting an address error even though I re-entered my address several times and checked all boxes.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lovef2k.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-after-a-major-outage?tu=Lovef2k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.