Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 331 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by boagman
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pimball.GIF
    image (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    69DFCFDC-E12D-4C2D-8036-6C15CDB4799D (resized).png
    waterdatacenter (resized).png
    uOcsyp (resized).png
    B4EC046D-B13A-4FFE-8F23-3C245F7AE44F (resized).png
    umm-humm-when-keeping-it-real-goes-wrong (resized).jpg
    10b05741d4aa7afec9de5412a443548c (resized).jpeg
    49E5334B-EE51-4A76-B09B-8E99668037D7 (resized).jpeg
    giphy.gif
    6DB69A6E-3813-42D2-91AE-969F14A01757 (resized).jpeg
    There are 331 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
    #251 3 years ago

Great job in getting pinside up and running. I am sure all the switches and relays will working 100% percent in no time. Thanks again for all the hard work.

#252 3 years ago

Who is Robin?

#253 3 years ago

The man.

Pinside was made and runs by him.

LTG : )

#254 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

The man.
    Pinside was made and runs by him.

I’m kidding....I’m that not so serious guy who loves pinball

#255 3 years ago

Please type slower so us old guys understand.

#256 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Please type slower so us old guys understand.

You’re not old yet! Thanks for the abundance of knowledge you share!

#257 3 years ago

On topic threads, there used to be all pics that were uploaded at the top of the page from all members, has this changed or am I missing something?

#258 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

On topic threads, there used to be all pics that were uploaded at the top of the page from all members, has this changed or am I missing something?

That was another one of the site features that was temporarily disabled.

#259 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

That was another one of the site features that was temporarily disabled.

Ok, I was afraid of that and glad it's only temporary.

#260 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

Ok, I was afraid of that and glad it's only temporary.

sometimes it becomes temporary forever. Zike. Lol

#261 3 years ago
    Quoted from Santis:

sometimes it becomes temporary forever. Zike. Lol

Even if that's true, at least the pics were not lost. But it is convenient when you just want to scroll through the pics when you need to.

#262 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

Came here to say the same thing, glad someone else loves that feature as much as I do! Especially on the game room thread!

#263 3 years ago

I cant upload pictures from droid device phone?

#264 3 years ago

The site was down???

#265 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

The site was down???

Yes it was. For almost a week. Where you been? Hibernating. Zike. Lol. ( for many in here this is like a daily dose of drug ). And not using it for a week I felt like I couldn’t sleep well.

#266 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

Even if that's true, at least the pics were not lost. But it is convenient when you just want to scroll through the pics when you need to.

Is just a Joke so we can laugh at it while all is fix.

#267 3 years ago

The weekly compilation of the top 100 seems to have halted!! Last compilation was 28th of marsh.

#268 3 years ago

Just wanted to stop in and say just how much I value this forum. I don’t have many hobbies, but I have a lot of interests. It seems like when I’m looking into a specialized topic—say watches or car (repair), my search directs to a specialty forum with a ton of specialized knowledge not unlike pinside.

But unlike pinside, I’ll be reading a forum post from 10+ years ago and all the hyperlinks to attachments and photos are dead. Sometimes it’ll be a critical photo to describe something, and it just doesn’t exist anymore, and it never will. 9/10 times, the original user who posted it is no longer active, so the source material is gone forever.

I feel confident that all the info and photos on pinside will stay here, and those who search for answers in the future will be able to find exactly what they’re looking for without dead ends. It’s easy to take all that for granted.

I can’t imagine losing all the knowledge posted by the greats like Terryb, Vid, and LTG. Thanks again Robin and crew for all the hard work keeping this going!

—Max

#269 3 years ago
    Quoted from Santis:

Is just a Joke so we can laugh at it while all is fix.

I gotchya. I tried this morning to start a new Pinside shop but was unsuccessful. I filled out the required info but it would not complete the process. Won't accept address.

#270 3 years ago

Super quick update. All is going great with the new server!

The Pinside Top 100 is back to weekly updates.

I’m still working on the image server.

And don’t worry: Everything that was on Pinside before the outage will be back. I mean achievements and topic image gallery. I just need some more time while I first move to a new image system. More on that later!

Good to be back!

#271 3 years ago

Thank you Robin!

#272 3 years ago

Great work, Robin!

Is it correct that adding a video to the Multimedia section of a Splash page isn't working yet? I'm getting an error when I try.

#273 3 years ago

Am I having a brain fart? Where are the links within the threads to view all images?

#274 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Am I having a brain fart? Where are the links within the threads to view all images?

Scroll up a few posts:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-after-a-major-outage/page/6#post-6232914

#275 3 years ago

Gotcha. Thought it might have been because I let my + expire, so I was off renewing that before I came back to catch up (I was two pages behind).

#276 3 years ago

I also noticed the "all posts made by you" section under the Posts tab hasn't updated since before the crash. Just in case that one was flying under the radar. Thanks for all your hard work Robin!

#277 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

I also noticed the "all posts made by you" section under the Posts tab hasn't updated since before the crash. Just in case that one was flying under the radar. Thanks for all your hard work Robin!

Seems to be working for me...

#278 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Same here. I’ve logged out and back in. It persists across multiple devices.

#279 3 years ago

Interestingly enough, this last post ended up showing in mine, but the last one before that is from before the blip. Not a huge deal though, and glad to hear it's working for others!

#280 3 years ago

Not working for me either. I cant remove a game from my collection either. Page freezes on me, have to exit pinside then return just to get back into forum

#281 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jappie:

Great work, Robin!
    Is it correct that adding a video to the Multimedia section of a Splash page isn't working yet? I'm getting an error when I try.

This issue should be fixed, Jasper.

“Posts by you” is a known issue for which I need some more time to get it optimized and working properly again.

Collection page bug is news to me, I’ll see if I can replicate it here.

#282 3 years ago

I am noticing that images are blocked including avatars. Also upvotes and downvotes aren’t showing up the same. Wasn’t sure if temporary or not. This is IOS 14.4.2

69DFCFDC-E12D-4C2D-8036-6C15CDB4799D (resized).png69DFCFDC-E12D-4C2D-8036-6C15CDB4799D (resized).png
    #283 3 years ago

^ Having same image issues on my laptop.....but my Android phone is showing everything fine....

#284 3 years ago

I need to dig further, but I am experiencing an issue with adding a new high score:

- utilizing Safari on an i12
    - cannot type in the search field to locate the pin I want to submit a new score because the 'keyboard' won't pop up

my workflow is to add the new score via laptop Chrome browser, then edit the score to add the image taken via my mobile

- interesting note: after modifying the score to add the image, my Pulse notes that editing a high score '//not actually possible at the moment' but the edit is completing

small and petty, but making note of it since I came across it

ATB - R

#285 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

I am noticing that images are blocked including avatars. Also upvotes and downvotes aren’t showing up the same. Wasn’t sure if temporary or not. This is IOS 14.4.2
    [quoted image]

Try doing a hard refresh in your browser (on iOS, just tap the refresh button next to the address bar). There was change with the image server, which seems to have caused some of the avatars to go missing (including mine in your screenshot). A refresh should fix that.

Beyond that, there were unfortunately a small number of avatar images that went missing during the site outage, but hopefully they can be recovered once there is access to the original server. I don't know when that will be, though.

#286 3 years ago

It working now so it may be intermittent.

#287 3 years ago

Looks like topic image gallery is back up - great work!

#288 3 years ago
    Quoted from Santis:

Yes it was. For almost a week. Where you been? Hibernating. Zike. Lol. ( for many in here this is like a daily dose of drug ). And not using it for a week I felt like I couldn’t sleep well.

I know him(posting habits at least); he comes and goes a week on or off at a time.

As for the rest of us abnormal people who can’t go for more than a few hours....

#289 3 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

This issue should be fixed, Jasper.
    “Posts by you” is a known issue for which I need some more time to get it optimized and working properly again.
    Collection page bug is news to me, I’ll see if I can replicate it here.

I tried several time to start my PS store but I keep getting an address error even though I re-entered my address several times and checked all boxes.

#291 2 years ago

Fyi when clicking on a linked game to read about it, any images that appear under the "Flyers" section say "image could not be loaded" after clicking on them. Thumbnails do appear though. All other images in the gallery lower down the page work fine.

#292 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

As for the rest of us abnormal people who can’t go for more than a few hours....

I think you’re more hook in this than me.

#295 2 years ago

Looking into it. The files are still present in backups so something weird's going on there...

Found the cause of some images not working: the resolution was higher that I would allow. This has been fixed but you may need to clear your cache to see it.

Quoted from Lovef2k:

I tried several time to start my PS store but I keep getting an address error even though I re-entered my address several times and checked all boxes.

Could you contact me via PinsideMail and possibly include screenshots of what you are doing (and of the exact error message)? Thanks!

Quoted from Rodent:

I need to dig further, but I am experiencing an issue with adding a new high score:
    interesting note: after modifying the score to add the image, my Pulse notes that editing a high score '//not actually possible at the moment' but the edit is completing

Seeing the same thing here, I will investigate why this is happening. Meanwhile, I found that tapping the score box will show the keyboard. So the workaround is to enter the score first, then tap the machine name field to enter the machine.

The 'not actually possible at the moment' is from when editing scores was not yet possible. I forgot to remove that but will do so

#296 2 years ago

Seems multiple pages for image galleries aren't working. I'm not seeing links to the additional pages.

#297 2 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Looking into it. The files are still present in backups so something weird's going on there...
    Found the cause of some images not working: the resolution was higher that I would allow. This has been fixed but you may need to clear your cache to see it.

Everything is back, thank you.

#298 2 years ago

robin the date markers are broken for fourm posts.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #299 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Hawk:

robin the date markers are broken for fourm posts.
    [quoted image]

Whoah!! What happened to your fonts?

What do you mean by date markers? Do you mean the green "unread posts" boxes? Maybe log out and back in again.

Quoted from Rodent:

I want to submit a new score because the 'keyboard' won't pop up

This should be fixed now!

#300 2 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

What do you mean by date markers?

The text that should display minutes/hours/days looks to be empty. Font color issue, maybe?

[edit]: I just switched to dark mode briefly, and it seems ok to me.

There are 331 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-after-a-major-outage/page/6?hl=hypercoaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.