IMG_5552.jpeg
IMG_5549.jpeg
IMG_5548.jpeg
IMG_5546.jpeg
IMG_5545.jpeg
IMG_5544.jpeg
IMG_5540.jpeg
IMG_8001 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider saminva.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#230 7 years ago

A few weeks ago my Baby Pac-man died. The problem turned out to be battery corrosion on the MPU board which was my fault. I have had the game for 17 years and put a new Nicad 3 cell cordless phone battery on the MPU back in 2000 which had been keeping the high score up until 6 months ago but I knew better and should have replaced the battery years ago. The game once again is working and I made a 4 part video series showing the process I went though to repair the game. Here's the youtube link if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQmsA4osgEEAAJtx82NrFJ780yrbOkk4K

8 months later
#320 6 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Hmm, do they still do that if you fully prep the surface, sanding it, cleaning it with tack cloth and so on? Just curious because I had considered the overlay when I had my Baby Pac, just wasn't sure how good they actually look and how long they last. I figured they would never make an actual playfield replacement because the game itself doesn't sell for very much. You can sell an $800 playfield for a $5000+ pinball machine, but probably not many customers at that price for a $1000-$1500 Baby Pac.

Their was a guy that re-screened Baby Pac playfields back in 2001. You had to strip down your playfield,sand it and ship it to him and he had it re-screened and shipped back. I sent him one and I still have it. It looks great but he made a mistake, never found out if he did it on purpose or if it was just a mistake. He did a great job except
that he misspelled "energizers" as "enegizers".
Here is a copy of the post from rec.games.video.arcade
rec.games.video.arcade ›
FS:NEW BABY PAC MAN PLAYFIELD ART SCREENED YOUR WOOD OR MYLAR!!!
1 post by 1 author

[email protected]

5/31/01

Hey,
I've decided to silkscreen directly to my wooden playfield for a
perfect restoration. I'll be doing them in 1 day only, so if you want
to get your playfield done with perfect color matching using the
original silkscreen method used at the factory, now is the time to do
it. It's $125 + return shipping.
I scanned my old one and carefully traced over it using Adobe
Illustrator (EPS vector art). So there's great color separations and
color trapping just like the original. I'm a graphic designer by trade
and it still took me over 40 hours to do--no detail was ignored.

Remove your playfield--take off flippers, remove light bulbs and
rails, etc. Leave the wiring and light sockets etc on (no sense in
complicating it by removing wiring!). Sand the old art off and make
the playfield smooth (final sanding with 800 grit). The colored light
lenses will also be sanded (I used 1500 grit sandpaper to wet sand
mine smooth) without removal so that the new lettering can be screened
on. Leave the wood bare and send it to me. When I get everyone's in,
I'll take them to press. A clear coat will actually be silkscreened on
in addition to a hardener at no extra cost. It's probably tougher than
the original by far.

I'll also be doing mylar the same day if you don't want to do it to
wood (of course stripping is still necessary though). Mylar is $95+$8
shipping.

Email me for my shipping info and questions: [email protected]

Thanks in advance for helping make this project possible!!!
jaysun

newplayfield (resized).JPGnewplayfield (resized).JPG

06070005 (resized).JPG06070005 (resized).JPG

06070002 (resized).JPG06070002 (resized).JPG

4 weeks later
#362 6 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Can someone post a picture of the control panel latch mechanism?
Mine was disassembled because the key was lost, and I can’t figure out how the hell this latch is supposed to somehow lock the panel down?? It definitely seems like something is missing.
It’s pretty annoying to play with the darn thing banging around!

Here ya go

undercp - Copy (resized).JPGundercp - Copy (resized).JPG

babypaccp 009 (resized).JPGbabypaccp 009 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#382 6 years ago
Quoted from bpa:

My spinners were pretty torched so I am retracing the artwork. Once I finish it, and you guys are interested, I can post it up.

I did this back in 2000, almost 18 years ago to my Baby Pac man spinners and drop targets. Back then I could not find them. I inkjet printed them on inkjet adhesive vinyl and laminated them with a thick clear adhesive laminate which still looks good today. I also added a little color the the spinner.

babypacplayfd (resized).jpgbabypacplayfd (resized).jpg

SPINERCR (resized).JPGSPINERCR (resized).JPG

#387 6 years ago

Mine has colored spinners as well. It seems as if someone had a similar idea to yours, because there is definitely some sort of vinyl protecting baby on the spinner.

I would be willing to bet that if that's not one I made it was made from the file I created. Back when I made these no one had any unless someone had NOS spinners. I scanned my original spinner which was in real bad condition and used Photo Shop to fill in the missing parts and add the color. I made a few extras and sold a few on Ebay, even shipped a couple over seas and some years later I gave the files to someone who I believe started making and selling them. I also scanned the drop target and made decals for them as well (no one made drop targets back then either) and decals for the back glass as some of the back glasses did not have the arrows at the bottom or the points card.
In the picture is one I had left over I keep for a spare which I never used and is now 17 years old.

DSC06942 (resized).JPGDSC06942 (resized).JPG

BPSPIN (resized).JPGBPSPIN (resized).JPG

5TARGETS (resized).JPG5TARGETS (resized).JPG

ESCAPEA (resized).JPGESCAPEA (resized).JPG

bpscoreA (resized).JPGbpscoreA (resized).JPG

1 month later
#502 6 years ago

My only question is for the group of wires to the left. Those ones make a connection but then continue to another connector, so do I just cut it and strip both ends and crimp them in the same pin?
It still blows my mind that that single connector made my entire game non-functioning... the smallest details have the greatest impacts!

For the connections that have the wire across the IDC connector I found trying to put 2 wires in one pin connector impossible. Their may be a connector that will take a larger wire but what I did was just make a short jumper wire soldered from the 2 wires to one to the pin. You can see how I did it in my video.
You can skip ahead to 31:14 in the video to get to that connector but give the hole video a try. If you like please subscribe and I hope it's helpful.

3 years later
#842 2 years ago

If your game is working except for the sound then it should be something simple.
You should always start with checking for proper voltages + 5 volt and especially the unregulated 12 volt which powers the audio amp. Check and see if your speaker is good and their is no break in the speaker wires. In your picture their is nothing connected to J5 which is the plug for the speakers. Check the plug and other components for cold solder joints. I assume it's unplugged because you were working on the board but if not that would be your problem. If your sure the speaker is good, test it with an ohm meter or connect another audio source to it to make sure it's good, then work your way back though the circuit. The power amp U-34 (TDA-2002) U-33 op amp(LM3900) U-32 digital to analog converter. Make sure the volume pot is good and turned up. You can inject an audio signal into the input of the amp to see if it's working. The schematics are in the game manual and if you don't have the manual you can find it here.
https://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-videogames/B/BabyPM.pdf

#843 2 years ago
Quoted from Templewd:

Anybody have any links for light up joysticks that work with baby Pac-Man?
I ordered some hollow joysticks and led light to run down the stick but the stick ended up being short about a inch
I couldn’t find anything a tad bit longer anyone got any ideas? Or do I need to custom out the whole thing?

Theirs no joystick better than the original. You should not mess with perfection. Some things just need to be left alone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 199.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider saminva.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pacman-clubwaka-waka-waka?tu=saminva and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.