IMG_5552.jpeg
IMG_5549.jpeg
IMG_5548.jpeg
IMG_5546.jpeg
IMG_5545.jpeg
IMG_5544.jpeg
IMG_5540.jpeg
IMG_8001 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jean-luc-picard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 9 years ago

Did not know we had a Baby Pac Club... I love mine, such a brutal and fun game! Never gunnna sell it!

4 months later
#32 8 years ago

Been having some issues with my monitor. The screen starts to shake. sometimes minimal, sometimes more while other times a rumble or a soft tremble..

I have adjusted every pot, from sync to everything. Any way for me to tune this thing in so it is stable. At this point i dont really care how amazing my colors are. Just want it to be stable. I personally hate CRT's even if I am a retro kid at birth. I am very tempted to rip the monitor out and put in a LCD. I really like how my LCD-RFM turned out. Death to CRT's....Hate them.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Doober:

Did you ever get around to doing this mod? I've LED'd out the whole cabinet but want extra lights under Mr. and Mrs. Pacman. It seems like something that should be stock.
If you have done it could you tell me how it went?

I have two LED strips that just get power from the GI.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Check voltages for the monitor. There could be an issue with the flyback board on the monitor.
Try unplugging the game and letting everything discharge for 20-30 minutes. See if that does anything.
You might want to check over at KLOV for troubleshooting monitor wobble.

I get the game to be stable, then after a game or two it starts to lose it. As I mentioned before, I despise CRT's. I will test it first, but I think an LED is going to be better for me.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Recap it. If I remember it's a pretty quick job. It fixed a bunch of wavy geometry on mine. The convergence could still be better, but I am not touching the yoke.
To me, LCD is a four letter word.

CRT only has (3) letters For me, I just cant stand how CRT's look. I designed on them for many years and they are like a bad case of Cataracts, "Clouding of the normally clear image". When I see a CRT I want to smash it.

#40 8 years ago

I know what you mean... I will post some samples when I remove my CRT If I took an arcade game with a lot of complex characters like Zelda in this case I can see where I would want to hold onto a blur-crt to blend colors. But for Pacman, I do not think we will have the same issue.

I am a big fan of Hammerwatch. And they did some nice effects. Mostly Unity type effects.

hammerwatch-post-process-filters.jpghammerwatch-post-process-filters.jpg

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Raster graphics, you mean. I'm probably pretty much the opposite of Picard in this argument. CRTs make low resolution images (old games, SDTV in some cases) look fantastic. Scanlines, blurring, and other artifacts help hide the otherwise humongous and jagged pixels. But, if you're talking HD content or a PC monitor LCD is king.
In fact I kike the effect so much I drove around town a picked up a junked TV sitting in someone's front yard. Works perfectly.

Worst case, if I don't like the LCD I will use a CRT computer-monitor. Will find out

#52 8 years ago

Also. Not saying it is the same thing. But on LED and LCD you can adjust the sharpness and when set to a negative it adds a slight blur. In addition you can increase saturation and brightest. This sorta gives you a retro effect. I did this for an arcade that has the tinted glass over a LCD. I mainly dont like the energy consumption of CRT.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Actually I've heard CRTs consume about as much power as plasma panels. Just put your hand up to a running DMD. Neither is efficient by any means.

I replaced all my plasma DMD's with colorDMD's "well most" I plan on putting in an LED which is a bit better than a LCD. Again, I will experiment with this first.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from legotech1:

I had one. Bought it playing blind. I put a LCD in it and the colors were great. Slap in a 15" LCD you will be happy. When I sold it gave him the old monitor in case he wanted to fix it.

The converter arrives tomorrow. Will get some photos at some point and post them

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

As a side note, I just noticed that phoenix arcade now has screened bezels and marquees.
http://www.phoenixarcade.com/art.htm#babypacman

HOLY CRAP!!! Thank you so much for letting us know... Mine is in pretty good shape. But, ordered a set anyway and will use my old one for backup.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from acebathound:

Any recommendations on a 15" monitor? I was wondering if the bezel needed to be removed and how to mount. Also do the standard converters available do the job? That's what I had planned on using if I went LCD, didn't see a reason why they shouldn't work..

convert.jpgconvert.jpg
Get this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E7HOFOO

*Also dont forget the 5v power supply.
http://www.amazon.com/ZJchao-2000mA-Regulated-Supply-1-35mm/dp/B005CVNH1Q/ref=pd_bxgy_23_img_y

you do not need an exact fit for an LCD. The board has V&H scale/zoom as well most monitors can be set to 4:3 even if it is a 16:9. I will provide more details soon as well how I mounted the monitor.

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

How much for a Baby Pac-Man in 2015?Looking for one

One in CA for $1200 on CL. Maybe a pinsider can pick it up for you and ship it.
fresno.craigslist.org link

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from acebathound:

Cool, thanks for the info & definitely would appreciate any tips / pictures on mounting the monitor!

I hope to get to it this weekend. But, I am bringing home a Banzai Run so I may get distracted lol.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If it's not blown out, I don't think these are worth more than 900 bucks.

I paid $900. Has overlay playfield, new Control Overlay and the guy was nice enough to deliver it from LA. This 1200 one sounds like it needs some work so maybe not worth it. But it is the first one I have seen in a very long time. It depends how bad you want it, and at the time I really wanted it so I was happy with $900 and would have paid $1,200 if I had to.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Anyone have one with the circuit boards under the playfield lightings?

Mine has the board. I wonder if that is why I get some glitching sometimes. How about you?

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

let me know how this goes. I heard depending on the monitor you get, sometimes they bounce or glitch. Some brands of TV's /monitors dont' work well with these boards. Been following it very closely because wanted to convert my cruisin USA's to LED TV's .
IF anyone local is interested in converting them for me. I'll let you keep the 25" medium rez monitors if you do the conversion for me.

yeah I will try a few monitors and see what happens. my RGB cable from the BabyPac is a different size than the pins on the board so I need to either pick up a converter or just run jumpers to the 4 pins. I think it's a .100 to .165 but not sure.

4 months later
#127 8 years ago

Question: I have the light board model. "Insert lights are on a board and not lamp sockets"... When I fire my flippers every few flips my insert lights flicker. However, even some of the inserts that are sockets and not on the board also flicker. This is a rather old issue, but would like to solve it. I assume it is a spike of voltage from the flippers affecting the LED's. could it be as easy as buying non-ghosting and non-flicker LED's?

#131 8 years ago

When I hit the flips about 10 random insert lights go out for a sec then back on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jean-luc-picard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pacman-clubwaka-waka-waka?tu=jean-luc-picard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.