IMG_5552.jpeg
IMG_5549.jpeg
IMG_5548.jpeg
IMG_5546.jpeg
IMG_5545.jpeg
IMG_5544.jpeg
IMG_5540.jpeg
IMG_8001 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gutz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#511 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Got my Baby Pacman up and running
Installed a New Alltek MPU and game plays great
Question
What dip switch setting allows the Free Baby feature to be awarded ?
My arrows advance to where the free baby flashes but nothing he’s awarded when made

Iirc, in the test menu you need to adjust a setting called special mode, set it to 2. If that isn't it, it's the other high score mode, set it 2. It's in the manual but it's sort of confusing.

Edit: it's high score mode , set to 2

#515 5 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

So I am wanting to fix a few cosmetic things. My plexi over the crt has a couple good scratches in it. Does anyone know a good replacement? I noticed it is tinted but not sure if it is a special filter of some kind.

You will have to cut your own or take it to a glass shop and have them replicate it. It does have four holes drilled through it.

#517 5 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

That's what I figured. I have drilled and cut acrylic so no problem there. Thanks!

On second thought, it might have retainer clips that go into the metal frame instead of a screw that goes through the acrylic. It's been awhile since I've looked at a midway monitor setup...

#521 5 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

I will let you know. I ordered a piece of light smoked acrylic.
Also I have a settings question. I don't see anything in the manual but is there any way when you earn a free Pac-Man to earn more then one? I have got in a grove on the playfield and get the yellow arrow multiple times and only get one more life for all that hard work.

Nope, you cannot stack extra babies. I've taken 'dives' to prevent the second baby from being wasted.

6 months later
#584 5 years ago

I have a baby pac coin box for $30 shipped in the US

2 weeks later
#594 5 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

Installed a new bezel from Phoenix Arcade. My old one had a couple big gashes in the glass right over the monitor area so I finally replaced it. This thing is super nice if anyone wondered how his work is. Didn't realize how faded the colors where till I got this one. Before anyone asks my old one is already claimed by a friend of mine. He is going to frame it and hang it in his arcade.
[quoted image]

Is that the reproduction bezel? Why aren't the fruits colored!?

#596 5 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

It's washed out from the camera. Here is a closer pic I just took.
[quoted image]

Thank goodness. Phoenix arcade does really good work and i would be shocked if they missed that detail. All is right in the world, carry on.

8 months later
#662 4 years ago
Quoted from Y3AG3R:

Joined the club with my new project, overall in decent shape. Playfield has one wear spot by the left flipper, sling shot plastics only have minor flaking the rest are just yellowed, in need to replace the plugs on the boards but it has a new weebly mpu and refurbished videot with the fan mod, sides at least need new art but control panel and bezel look pretty good. He told me the monitor turns on but no picture. Said recapping it should fix it. Looks like it needs a pot or two also.
Can anyone confirm the chassis I have? The tube is a 370KSB22 and the chassis has ecc-14168 on it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That monitor is a wells gardner 13k4800

#668 4 years ago
Quoted from Y3AG3R:

Anyone know where I can find a k4800 manual? Would love to have a list of capacitors needed instead of buying a marked up kit.

https://www.arcadepartsandrepair.com/store/components/capacitors/wells-gardner-k4800-series-cap-kit-105c/

The time you are going to waste digging through a manual for cap listings, then verifying if the manual is correct versus your chassis, then asking 'what temp should I buy?', 'what lead spacing do I need for each cap?', etc., is not worth saving the $2-3 mark up on a cap kit

#671 4 years ago

The monitor has hold/sync controls, but the vidiot has a sync pot too. The pots on the vidiot are notoriously crappy (r/g/b, sync, volume) and should be replaced before chasing down monitor issues.

#677 4 years ago
Quoted from Y3AG3R:

Hey Does anyone have a link that lists wires colors for the MPU plugs/pins? The schematics don't seem to include wire colors...

4th to last page of the manual.

3 months later
#715 4 years ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

I am looking to buy a Baby Pac Man in nice condition but the screen is acting up. When turned on it is red like in the picture. After a while the red disappears suddenly and the screen looks normal. Any suggestions on what that could be? I am guessing caps but I really have no idea. Hope someone here knows.[quoted image]

Its likely bad color pots on the vidiot pcb. At least the red pot, but Id change them all as the stock ones are low quality.

1 month later
#727 3 years ago

I'm working on a vidiot that is playing the wrong sounds. Vidiot fully boots and plays video in game with pinball. The sound tests function, communication tests pass. The sound cpu and sound rom are known working from another board. Sound rom socket has been replaced, cpu socket is original but has continuity on all pins. Also socketed/replaced u28 and u31 thinking it was an adressing issue but no change in symptoms. Any suggestions? Can the dac cause this issue?

#729 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Have the connectors been repinned? Maybe a couple of wires got swapped around by mistake?

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I am testing the vidiot in a fully working game that has had all of the connectors replaced. All the headers on project vidiot are also replaced.

#731 3 years ago

After getting tunnel vision focusing on the output of the sound cpu and buzzing out all the traces, I started looking at the inputs to the sound cpu. Cpu to dac traces were good, but cpu to pia were not. One trace didn't have continuity and after folllwing it through many vias, the problem was obvious. At somepoint in this board's life, a tech who I will guess was aptly named Corey Crowbar, needed to remove the pia at U7 and decided to use the pcb as a fulcrum. In doing so, two traces were damaged. Jumper wires in place and the sound is back to fully working!

20200507_192159 (resized).jpg20200507_192159 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#733 3 years ago

Adjust the horizontal hold/sync on the monitor. There is also the sync pot on the vidiot, and you might have to find the balance between the two pots.

6 months later
#768 3 years ago

Its official, a set of triplets! I have a baby pac in my collection, another at my sister's place, and now my brother has the one pictured.

20201212_214211 (resized).jpg20201212_214211 (resized).jpg
6 months later
#837 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Pretty much any pots with the same resistance and watt values will work.

Also be mindful of the foot print of pots, there are different sizes. The adjustment might be mounted differently as well. The stock is horizontal mount, the pic above is vertical. Not always a physical issue, but one way is usually easier to adjust based on how the pcb is in the cab. I second gpe as a pot source.

#848 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Okay folks
I made a boo boo somewhere
As mentioned my working Vidiot just had no sound
So I pulled the Board and tested the Volume Pot
It was confirmed working but I broke a leg off the pot by accident
Put the board back in now I only get 2 flashes and Vidiot doesn’t boot :-/
Any help is welcome
*** NOTE
This was caused by a poorly soldered repair jumper
Baby pacman is alive again - minus sounds
So I’m
Happy that’s it’s at least playable

There is another volume pot on the coin door, is that working? Are you getting ten flashes on the vidiot at boot up? The first two flashes are for the sound section. The sound section and video section have separate power supplies on the vidiot, make sure the sound power circuit is working.

1 year later
#1017 1 year ago
Quoted from Willl:

Did any of the Baby Pac Man’s come with this style buttons? My game looks untouched/unrestored but noticed most have the cone shaped buttons for player one and two.
[quoted image]

Yes, both styles came from the factory and they switched sometime during production. Of my three babies, two are cones and the other is that red style.

4 weeks later
#1035 1 year ago

Two brackets inside that slide towards the front to prevent the glass lifting up. Slide them back to remove the glass

1 week later
#1037 11 months ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I don't know, mine doesn't seem to budge at all and I felt I was cranking on it pretty hard.
Maybe mine is just stuck?
Chris

2 weeks later
#1054 11 months ago

Just eproms that were likely removed to abate corrosion but they never finished. If the rest of the machine is cosmetically good and complete, snap that baby up.

3 months later
#1114 7 months ago

I had a vidiot board that was booting and playing fine to the casual player but I noticed a few minor issues:

1. The credits were displayed as 'credit 0' even though sw 27 was off on mpu (shouldn't be displayed) and the credit count never incremented over zero even though credits were added and able to be played.

2. When ghosts turned blue while traveling in the tunnel, they would get frozen on the right edge of the right tunnel. They would just vibrate slightly until they turned back into normal colors and then would move normally.

3. Each in between maze sound was incorrectly played as the game start tune.

4. The pacscalator sound was just two quick beeps and not the sliding sound.

Fault: program roms U9 and U10 had checksums that didn't match the ipdb.org files. They were still 'ok' enough to pass the boot up test but after reburning/replacing them all of the minor issues cleared up.

4 months later
#1169 3 months ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Hmmmmm. I don't have cones on mine. Am I supposed to?[quoted image]

I own three baby pacs. One has silver (metal) volcanoes, one has black (plastic) volcanoes, one has the smaller buttons like yours. Those buttons are also famous for being on pac/ms pac cocktail arcade cabinets as the start buttons.

#1172 3 months ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

You're the baby pac super fan!!

I have several baby (pac) mommas. Two of my siblings wanted their own after playing so much of mine.

#1176 3 months ago
Quoted from pinmods:

My Baby Pac-man seems to be limiting me to a total of 3 guys max no matter how many I stack from high scoring.
What setting do i have wrong?
Thanks

Switches 31 and 32 set your starting lives per game. You cannot 'stack' extra babies/lives in the game meaning if you score two extra lives on the same ball - you only get one. Its important to master taking a dive in that situation.

1 month later
#1184 42 days ago

3/8-16 leg leveler. Pinball machines use 3", video games use 2".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gutz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pacman-clubwaka-waka-waka?tu=gutz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.