IMG_5552.jpeg
IMG_5549.jpeg
IMG_5548.jpeg
IMG_5546.jpeg
IMG_5545.jpeg
IMG_5544.jpeg
IMG_5540.jpeg
IMG_8001 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#295 6 years ago

After an almost 2 year search, I finally brought home a Baby Pac-Man yesterday. Got a few small things to work on, like a wonky left flipper. Sometimes it flips at 100%, other times it flips at 50%. It also needs to be "calibrated" as right now due to the angle of the flipper you can't hit most of the drop targets. Also, my left drop target only drops down about 80%, leaving a portion of it sticking up and blocking the ball. After a couple of extra hits it usually falls down all the way. I also have a few lights that I need to replace (game is already switched over to LEDs). Lastly my sound isn't right. Even with the volume knob turned all the way up you can barely hear the game. I haven't looked into any of these issues just yet, however I did have one thing that has me stumped. How in the hell do you reset the game defaults, or at least reset the Hi Scores? I went through the manual, and I saw the setting for manually lowering/raising the scores at 10K intervals, but that will take forever. Is this the correct way to reset the scores?

"With the game off set all the "Game Select Dipswitch" switches to 1 (up) except for Dip #1 which should be on 0 (down). Then turn the game game on. Wait a few seconds (maybe a minute). Then set the Game Select Dipswitch back to the Baby Pacman settings. The settings are... 00110100 or dduududd"

D5C6E35F-A5A7-4E48-8FAA-EC8C15E18CD6 (resized).jpegD5C6E35F-A5A7-4E48-8FAA-EC8C15E18CD6 (resized).jpeg

D28D2857-D8EC-49A0-851B-3103A572F446 (resized).jpegD28D2857-D8EC-49A0-851B-3103A572F446 (resized).jpeg

A94B85F1-294A-4F91-9AB6-ED1DB6880A08 (resized).jpegA94B85F1-294A-4F91-9AB6-ED1DB6880A08 (resized).jpeg

#314 6 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

This one drove me crazy as well! Hopefully this solves this issue and if it is searched in the forums it comes up:
To reset or clear the high scores on Baby Pac-Man, navigate to the high score list and simply trigger the left coin armature and it will clear the score to zero, so if you hit it 10 times it resets the whole list. It's in the manual but not where you'd expect it, it was tucked in an unrelated page. I read through it about 7 times before I found this. If it's not the left coin mech, it would of course be the right one. I'm pretty sure it's the one closest to the hinge. If you're not familiar with them, it's just the little thin metal arm that is triggered by a coin falling through it. Just use your finger.
Squirt the volume pot on the Vidiot with some of that contact cleaner or whatever it is. The machine should be off but to my understanding it won't explode like an EM.
I have not read the dip switch one. There are way more dipswitches than just that, is it referring to a specific bank?

Tried pressing both coin chute switches and nothing. Confirmed both coin switches do in fact work. Any other suggestions before I mess with the dipswitches?

#319 6 years ago

Update: I got the scores reset by using the method I posted previously. Set all the dipswitches to 1, except dipswitch 0, then turned on the game and waiting 1 minute. Turned off and then put switches back to default.

#324 6 years ago

Is the standard molding for Baby Pac the 3/4"?

#327 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Not sure. It's been a while since I measured it. They carry different sizes if that's not the right one.

Confirmed it's 3/4".

#331 6 years ago

Update #2 for my machine. The sound problem is now fixed. I knew that the Vidiot board controlled sound, but the first time I looked at it I didn't see the tiny circular volume control button. It was almost all the way down. Cranked it up and now we have full sounds!

Next up is fixing the wonky left flipper and the left drop target that won't go all the way down unless you hit it 2-3 times.

#333 6 years ago

Update #3 - dove further into the wonky left flipper issue. Removed both shafts and here is what I found.

C7CE7DBC-EFEA-41B3-84C3-8F2BBDAB060F (resized).jpegC7CE7DBC-EFEA-41B3-84C3-8F2BBDAB060F (resized).jpeg

A247C2E7-B6B0-4C3A-843C-9ADFFFDAAA67 (resized).jpegA247C2E7-B6B0-4C3A-843C-9ADFFFDAAA67 (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#389 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Anyone know where I can get a new chrome lift channel for my baby Pac?

Maybe try @gatecrasher, he carries and makes a lot of old Bally stuff.

1 week later
#393 6 years ago

Recently picked up a baby pac. For the first few days, no real issues. Now it's hit or miss with the display. When it works, the colors are great. Here is what is happening, when the game is on, at some point the display just goes completely black. Generally I have to take the back off, re-seat the cables on the Vidiot board, and we are back in business for a few more hours. Lately those few hours have turned into about 20-30 minutes before the screen goes black. Any thoughts on what I should tackle first?

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Start by replacing the header pins on the vidiot board with some fresh clean pins. If that doesn't solve it, I would then replace the wire connectors with some modern crimp on connectors.
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=CH100-40T-0.318

The link you provided to that part, if I order a quantity of 1, does that mean I will get the item in the picture which shows 6 pins, or is the quantity of 1 for each pin? Just want to make sure I order the right amount.

1 month later
#481 6 years ago

Having a strange problem when I start a game. The pinball play field is starting out with numerous lights already out on FRUITS, several of the PAC-MAN lights, and TUNNEL. Any idea what’s causing this?

See picture below. This is what is lit up as soon as I start a game.

B9429C91-89DE-43CF-9BDF-D3B48AB19C8D (resized).jpegB9429C91-89DE-43CF-9BDF-D3B48AB19C8D (resized).jpeg

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Does this happen every time you turn it on or only randomly? When you earn something on the PF (like a "P" for example), does the correct insert light?

Happens every time. I’ll have to test the insert lights later.

9 months later
#575 5 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Thank you! Yes, part of the reason for my post is to potentially save any Baby Pacman machines out there whose hardware is beyond repair. I believe someone stole the hardware out of my cabinet to fix another Baby Pacman. The total cost is around $200 - $300 plus a whole bunch of labor.

Let me know when you start selling this product so that’s in plug and play. I’m in.

#580 5 years ago
Quoted from jonebone:

So being a new guy who comes from arcades without any pins, this hybrid machine has some unique appeal to me. A couple of questions for you experts:
How reliable is this, i.e. is it feasible to buy one as a starter machine with minimal upkeep? Assuming you pay more for a nice condition one in the first place? Also, is it a pretty good "bang-for-buck" piece, in terms of cost to fun factor? Seems like a pretty unique concept here.

It's one of the hardest "pins" to work on and maintain. The VIDIOT board is a huge problem, and replacement hardware is not easy to come by. If you bought this as your first pinball machine, you will probably become very frustrated with the hobby. The game is great and so is the concept, I own one, but I have to work on it more than any other machine and most of the time it stays turned off because I haven't bullet-proofed the game to make it more reliable.

1 month later
#591 5 years ago

I will probably be contacting you tonight with an update on my game. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

2,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pacman-clubwaka-waka-waka?tu=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.