Topic Stats

• 547 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by jj44114
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 165 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tmp_19949-IMG_20180902_083548-1780892365.jpg
tmp_19949-IMG_20180913_144500-901592806.jpg
tmp_24085-Screenshot_2018-09-11-08-49-43-628619648.png
Babypac Pin Cab Shematic Pic 1 (resized).jpg
Babypac Pin Cab Shematic Pic 2 (resized).jpg
Babypac Pin Cab Shematic Pic 3 (resized).jpg
Babypac Pin Cab Shematic Pic 4 (resized).jpg
Babypac Pin Cab Shematic Pic 6 (resized).jpg
Babypac Pin Cab Shematic Pic 5 (resized).jpg
Babypac Pin Cab Shematic Pic 9 (resized).jpg
Babypac Pin Cab Shematic Pic 11 (resized).jpg
Babypac Pin Cab Shematic Pic 7 (resized).jpg
Babypac Pin Cab Shematic Pic 8 (resized).jpg
Babypac Pin Cab Shematic Pic 10 (resized).jpg
IMG_8759 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180803_224608 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

Cool thread. Would like to hear from all the Baby Pac lovers out there. Here are a couple pics of my Baby Pac. Put some warm white LEDs in the GI, other than that, she is all original!

IMG_2518-680.JPGIMG_2517-815.JPG

And the high score is not a typo.......

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

4 Million!? I have 700 something set to 3 ball with factory recommended settings.

Mine is factory I believe so you start with 5 pacmen. you cannot get any more than six since you are only allowed one extra man per life. Just stay on one of the first two level formats, and keep using that pacscallator and eat the hell out of some fruit.

#8 3 years ago

I have only gotten to 10 as well. Or whichever one has all the walls blacked out. Not sure what happens after that. Not sure if anyone at Bally can tell you that either since this wasn't a very popular game haha.

2 months later
#11 3 years ago

I just adjusted my game to only 3 pac lives and reset all my highscores. Played the first game with the new rules last night and got 2.3 million. I think having 5 pacman lives was making games last way too long. Trying to figure out whether I should adjust anything else. I mainly want random people that come over to want to play it more.

I wish there was a setting that allowed you to only have one extra pacman per turn. Because you can get extra pacmans fairly easily, in a two player game, one person's turn can last forever. I know that turning extra pacmans off makes the game much more difficult, but do you guys think that will help make two player games less boring for the person that is waiting to play?

Also, does everyone have their center arrows carry over from ball to ball or do they start over?

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from scollins918:

I must suck, I don't think getting extra a Pacman is that easy.

The key is to never go for the blue target. Go for spellin tunnels and fruits instead. I got really good at hitting those spinners and the saucers to spot letters. Safe shots to each saucer are backhands from each flipper. Just do that over and over to spot letters of tunnels and fruits. That way you are advancing fruits or tunnels and the center arrows towards EB at the same time.

You can also backhand each spinner lane.

#17 3 years ago

Has anyone thought about lighting up the lower big plastics next to the flippers? I want to put some strips in there, but wondering how to get them power without having to run wire all the way to the back of the game to jump them to the MPU. Any thoughts?

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

There are two Baby Pacs on location in middle Tennessee! We have one.

My parents live in Crossville. Is that near them? Would love to come and play.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomahawkjim:

The later levels are impossible if you lose the ball quickly. Damn hard ghosts.
The playfield on mine is pretty rough and one of the flippers gallops. Anyone know what's wrong with the flipper? Bad coil, maybe?

maybe check the EOS switch and see if the gap is too small when the flipper is engaged. that can cause machine-gunning. If that looks okay, maybe just replace the EOS switch if the contacts are pitted at all.

#24 3 years ago

Close enough for me. Looks like you have a good selection of location pins there.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Yep. Although I would wait until I finish White Water. Looking like about a month from now at the pace I'm going. It's gonna turn out super nice.

Awesome. I usually go down to go golfing so I would think it would be sometime in June or July.

#28 3 years ago

Haha. Agreed. I have the manual, I just wanted to try and set it up to be more intising for random players. I just changed my settings to 3 pacmen, and everything else recommended. Manual says for center arrows to carry over and for the energizers to carry over. Also, the bottom tunnels are open at the start of each level not just the start of each man.

I learned from the best in my opinion. I would say I average over a million, and solid games are over 2 million.

4 months later
#47 3 years ago

Haha. I wish I could have everyone over my house to show you the way. I spent a lot of time learning the ins and outs of the game.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Which overlay did you get? The one from Classic Arcades, or the one from Phoenix Arcade?
As a side note, I just noticed that phoenix arcade now has screened bezels and marquees.
http://www.phoenixarcade.com/art.htm#babypacman

Awesome. The only thing that doesn't look perfect on mine is the side decals. Hells yeah.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

How much for a Baby Pac-Man in 2015?Looking for one

If it's not blown out, I don't think these are worth more than 900 bucks.

#74 3 years ago

Good point. I guess because of the rarity you will have to be willing to pay a bit more if you don't want to wait for forever.

#78 3 years ago

Mine are the light boards too. My left most pacman lights light up out of order. Haha it goes p c a m a n.

2 weeks later
#100 3 years ago

Hey guys. I have had issues with replacing the lock for the joystick door. I replace the lock and everything was fine, but now the lock keeps coming loose because the screw that goes into the lock and holds the lock bar tight keeps coming loose. Any ideas?

3 months later
#114 2 years ago

Whoa baby. Very nice!

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I have owned this twice and one was very minty. Much love for the game and much hate for Blinky.
Too smart, too fast, too red

I've grown to hate pinky worse. She is relentless and won't leave me alone!

1 week later
#129 2 years ago

Could be a grounding issue too. Or you've got too much stuff running on the same circuit.

3 weeks later
#146 2 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

I added the two sockets are frosted LEDs under the pac and mrs pac plastics last night. It looks great
The part that really confused me was...
I thought the two socket next to the flippers were GI and I've left them empty since I didnt want GI there.. I was gonna tap into them, and seen that the sockets have diodes #huh# After adding some bulbs, I remembered how my buddies flashes at the flippers.
0127160825_(resized).jpg

I think I'm going to tap into these and put lights into the bottom plastics so everything flashes when ready to play pinball.

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

I like the solid lit up plastics...
It would be awesome to have them lit up solid and flash with those flipper lights. Maybe a second set of lights under the plastics?

Yeah that is easily doable. Best of both worlds.

2 months later
#154 2 years ago
Quoted from Allgood:

Real Nice game. Good clue you have - Sticking around level 1 or 2 is how people get super high scores. I should have figured this out myself, but always played to progress levels and am usually cheering by level 3.

My friend who taught me how to play is much better at the Pacman than me so he continues to progress through the levels. Seen him get to at least level nine. I cannot do that, so I get my points from chopping wood on the first handful of levels.

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomahawkjim:

Here's a newbie question for the club. How does one change the playfield lights on a baby pac man?

All the top side lights can be reached by just removing plastics.

Everything underneath you'll need to lift the playfield up. When you open the control stick door, there should be two metal tabs that hold the playfield down. Turn those and lid the playfield up and out to any position you want to reach the bulbs.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomahawkjim:

Thanks. I was mainly asking about the playfield lights under the inserts. They have the green plastic bases and I'm not quite sure how to get at the bulbs to change them.

Oh okay. Yeah those are just a quarter turn counterclockwise and they should just pop out. They are 555 bulbs too.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomahawkjim:

Thank you! I've had a few problems with my baby pac man and now that they are solved I need to replace a few blubs. I didn't want to break anything so I thought I would ask.

No problem. Baby Pacman was my first game and I was terrified to change a bulb. Slowly but surely I got more brave and learned more. If its routine stuff for Baby Pac I can help for sure. Forceflow is also a baby pac owner and he can help with the more complicated stuff. Good luck!

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

I've been restoring my Baby. Gonna be taking it to Pin A Go Go next month.

20160427_201556_(resized).jpg

Awesome! Mine will be at the Cleveland show in September.

2 months later
#187 2 years ago

Here's a video of my best friend playing baby pac. He's the guy that taught me how to play. He sets a new high score on my game in this video at over 2.3 million. He also in on levels 7-9 where the walls start to disappear.

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

I have yet to see that screen. I have to check my settings when I play. Was watching yours and the blue drop target score modifier for the free Baby Pac on mine I am pretty sure resets to zero when I die.

Yeah, if your extra baby pac progress is lost after each life, that would make the game even harder. Not a ton harder, but definitely would switch up my strategy a little bit.

#191 2 years ago

Holy Moses. Color me jealous! Well done!!

2 weeks later
#201 2 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Issue #1: During game play, when the ball lands in the Left saucer (In the "Fruits" section), it does not get kicked back out, and just sits idly in the saucer indefinitely. Strangely, when running the solenoid test, the saucer kicks the ball out without any issue, so I'm not sure why this is only happening during game play. Any idea what's going on?

just adjust the switch to the saucer and gap it closer (make it more sensitive) and play with the glass off to test it.

6 months later
#221 1 year ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

Yes, it was the 1A fuse under the PF next to the right flipper mech. But I think I also found what caused the fuse to blow. I had 6 loose pins on J8 where the solenoid returns are. Repaired those and all is good!

Good news! Still bringing to LAX?

1 year later
#407 7 months ago

Here’s a tutorial and gameplay video I just recorded. Go over all the rules and my personal strategies for the game. Then we put up some solid scores and even get to the disappearing levels on the last game of the video.

Enjoy!!

#421 7 months ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Damn, and I was all happy with my best score of 718,410! So much for that lol.

That’s a solid score. I haven’t seen more than a few people get in the millions. But I’m sure we will be getting more hopefully with the help of the tutorial. It’s just a game that not enough people care about to put the time in to get really good at it.

#434 7 months ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

is the accepted method of replacing the lights done by bending the light brackets for each individual light, pulling the bulb, then bending it back?

Yes. You’ll need a mod to have the led lights work right though.

#438 7 months ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

All I did was use non ghosting and I didn’t modify anything.

Any flickering? Good to hear if no issues.

#448 7 months ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Anybody have a fix for a fluttering right flipper? I have cleaned adjusted and gently filed the EOS contacts and flipper button contacts. I have also checked the solenoid diodes and they are perfectly fine. All wires are correctly soldered to both the EOS and the solenoid.

Like a machine gun? You may have a broken hold winding inside the coil. Try swapping out a new coil.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Trade
Sale Pending!
Canton, OH
$ 15.00
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 53.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
$ 275.00
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 53.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside