IMG_5545.jpeg
IMG_5544.jpeg
IMG_5540.jpeg
IMG_8001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7998 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7999 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7996 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider antennaejim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#390 6 years ago

I just picked up a baby pac project!

9AAC9A74-4A58-4959-A4A4-526C57465ADE (resized).jpeg9AAC9A74-4A58-4959-A4A4-526C57465ADE (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#430 6 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I’d love a guide on how to install a heatsink & fan mod for the thing

Anyone have a link to a fan that will fit well?

#447 6 years ago

Anybody have a fix for a fluttering right flipper? I have cleaned adjusted and gently filed the EOS contacts and flipper button contacts. I have also checked the solenoid diodes and they are perfectly fine. All wires are correctly soldered to both the EOS and the solenoid.

#450 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Like a machine gun? You may have a broken hold winding inside the coil. Try swapping out a new coil.

Yep like a machine gun!

#455 6 years ago

I have a few issues with my monitor if anyone could chime in here. I did the cap kit just to revive a tired monitor. The same issues were present before the cap kit was done as well. The screen flickers and the brightness goes in and out so the colors change hue regularly during game play. Also I get static white lines on the video display while the flippers are activated. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have already ordered 2 new flipper solenoids for my machine gun flutter.

#457 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

When you recapped the chassis, did you reflow solder to all the large resistors, coils, header pins, etc? Try reseating J4 on the videot board to see if the color changes and flickering stops for a while.

I did not reflow any of the other solder I will do that tomorrow. However I have reflowed every connection on the Vidiot board, mpu, and driver/ light board. I tried reseating j4 and nothing changed

#466 6 years ago

Does anyone have a good picture of the right flipper EOS and how the diode is attached ? My ball shoots automatically I don’t have control of starting it with the right flipper. Maybe my band is backwards?

#469 6 years ago
Quoted from ahmedreda:

the ball kicks automatically on mine as well.. picture is attached..

I do t see a diode on yours at all

#473 6 years ago

Anybody have any help on pinball release switch and diode I asked about a few days ago?. Mine releases immediately and doesn’t allow any time for me to press my flipper.

#475 6 years ago

Anyone know why my high scores all show up on attract mode as random letter and number combos? If I type in AAA for example after I reach a high score, the top 8 will displaybit as 5DR or something completely not what was entered. Very strange. Anyone know how to fix this?

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Mine was getting scrambled due to a burned out driverboard. I swapped out the board which had dozens of bad components and reset everything and it worked just fine.
Also might be the connectors? Those always cause everything!

Driverboard tests out fine it just started doing this recently. Seems funny that it would happen all of the sudden it was working fine until just a few days ago.

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

It would likely be a 5101 chip issue, replace the socket and chip if you haven't already. Are you using any kind of battery on the MPU? Might be time to change it if the scores reset every time you turn the power off.

Nvram has been in place of the 5101 chip for 2 months. Before that I had a battery bank wired away from the board. The scores don’t reset, the initials just dont represent any of the characters that I entered into memory. they sort of create their own alpha numeric name beside the actual high score created and my initials are replaced with whatever code it desires it’s strange it still keeps my score.

1 week later
#485 6 years ago

Any other ideas as to why high score initials are wacky upon saving? Mpu or Vidiot related?

#488 6 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

Not Vidiot related, it has no memory ram. I would swap another NVRAM or 5101 just for kicks. Maybe then go into bookkeeping and clear the high score initial entries.

I have swapped out for another nvram I have a few laying around. I have also cleared the high scores and yet it continues. Ugh

#491 6 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

One last thing, are the initials set with the joystick at all? if so, the PIA on the vidiot controls that. They can pass the vidiot self test and still cause problems(if its an AMI brand chip replace it for sure?) either way swap the PIA.

Yes they are set with the joystick. Which chip location is the pia on the Vidiot board?

#493 6 years ago

Looks like I have some chips to order

1 week later
#504 5 years ago

I found the problem to my scrambled high score saves alpha numeric issue. U1 needed seating now all is well.

9D340EE8-CE2B-4FC4-842E-2AD99F636C96 (resized).jpeg9D340EE8-CE2B-4FC4-842E-2AD99F636C96 (resized).jpeg

8 months later
#568 5 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

Here is a problem I have been trying to chase for a while, every few boots the high scores start to become corrupted with random scores and characters. I installed NVRAM but had this problem prior to it. Any thoughts as what chips feed high score information to the ram?
[quoted image]

Try reseating the chips in the upper left corner of the vidiot board I had the same problem.

1 year later
#725 3 years ago

Hello all! I’m back to work on a new to me baby Pac! I’m having issues with a few playfield lights. I have replaced all of my transistors on the lamp board with the 106-6g as recommended. I still have a few issues left. I have also repinned all of my connectors. And checked the socket diodes on the remaining issues. Both the transistors and the diodes check out well on all remaining that do not light. However they all share the u1 chip in common I suspect that as the issue after all of this testing and replacing. If anyone has a playfield lightboard or know where I could get one I would love it to replace all of these stupid bayonet 555 sockets? Or any links to buy new 555 bayonet sockets? Thanks in advance!

#726 3 years ago

Update replacing u2 on the lamp board fixed everything! She’s up and running 100 percent! Still would like to replace the lamps with the playfield board....

1 month later
#732 3 years ago

Does anyone know what chip on the vidiot board may be causing this? I thought it might be the sync So I replaced all of the pots at once and have the same results. This happens at random however. Sometimes it boots up and the screen is perfectly fine and plays great, and other times it looks like the crap in picture here. Thanks in advance for any help. Sorry the pics are sideways I can’t swing them around on my mobile app☹️

22215802-BFD0-43CF-8E1F-2F3D20E9B175 (resized).jpeg22215802-BFD0-43CF-8E1F-2F3D20E9B175 (resized).jpeg0E6BDD79-5CAA-4B58-8C53-7CE4EBB4CA21 (resized).jpeg0E6BDD79-5CAA-4B58-8C53-7CE4EBB4CA21 (resized).jpeg
#734 3 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Adjust the horizontal hold/sync on the monitor. There is also the sync pot on the vidiot, and you might have to find the balance between the two pots.

Fixed it it was the horizontal frequency on the monitor itself

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 199.95
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider antennaejim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pacman-clubwaka-waka-waka?tu=antennaejim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.