IMG_5552.jpeg
IMG_5549.jpeg
IMG_5548.jpeg
IMG_5546.jpeg
IMG_5545.jpeg
IMG_5544.jpeg
IMG_5540.jpeg
IMG_8001 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sirgubster9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#797 3 years ago

Just got my very own baby pac earlier today!! So excited. Definitely plan on reading through this whole forum at some point. As of right now everything basically works which is awesome oh except the coin door lights which is annoying but of all the things I'll take it. Any who so excited to be on team baby pac just have one question... What the heck are the two brackets under the control panel doing that I believe are not connected to anything at all.. Picture provided let me know. Thanks.

Screenshot_20210307-224715_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210307-224715_YouTube (resized).jpg
#800 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Agreed. You twist them and they hold the playfield down. Your playfield in the first picture isn’t totally flush yet. I think most people rarely use them.
Also be careful with the lockdown bar. When you’re working on this game, if the playfield touches the lockdown you will blow your fuses. Which explains why when I bought mine the control panel lockdown was removed.

Ok thanks guys, makes so much sense.... I didnt even think about it keeping the playfield down because they wherent twisted at all they where just like sitting there confusing me ha ha.
So keep the lockdown bar (which is operated with the key) far away from the playfield if I have the game powered on then right? if its off I should be able to live my life freely right?
Finally if yours didnt have a lock bar what kept the control panel up so that you could play?... speaking of when you go buck wild on the joystick i feel like the lock bar starts to loosen any advice on that front besides not going buckwild of course?

#803 3 years ago

Yes, just make sure that when it’s on if you’re working on the game, such as replacing lights, don’t get the lockdown anywhere near the playfield. Lay a rag over it or remove it.
The playfield easily slides forward and can stand up with the drop target bank resting on the bottom wooden panel. It’s very handy.
When playing it, it was awful without the lockdown! We had to hold it down with our free hand and be careful not to go too hard in the game!

ok so Im half way through the forum.. take that back, just checked I'm on page 10. Its so fascinating reading through this and I'm not able to play my brand new baby pac so this is curbing that urge a bit...Obviously a bunch of the stuff doesnt make sense to me because Im super new to pinball stuff. I understand arcades a bit and i do have one other pin but in my brain i thought this game would be more arcade and less pin so i thought I would be able to handle it, obviously I was wrong, but luckily its working good for now knock on wood until I need to come back on here and ask you guys all sorts of questions. So ya thanks for all the info on here so far.

#804 3 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

I put weather stripping tape on my control panel on the top edge that sits on the glass. I think I used 1" thick weather stripping from Home Depot. They make lockdown bar gasket that you will pay a premium for but all it is, is weather stripping.

oh nice!!! great idea, i will pick some up. i feel like its practically spinning the lock and almost turning the key... maybe I need a new cam lock as well.

#805 3 years ago

I did it, I read all the way through and I'm so scared for when something goes wrong with my cab, because Im afraid I will have a super hard time fixing it if i ever can, but in the meantime while its practically working perfectly can you guys help me with something very tiny... coin return lights don't work, not the bulb, read through this whole thing and the whole manual and I couldn't find anything that pointed to it, strained my eyes on the manual, it might and probably is on there but I couldn't find it. is it a fuse down at the bottom of the cabinet floor?

Also I saw a section on here about a tinted piece of glass that is between the monitor and the glass marque, is that standard? because mine didn't have that and honestly don't know if it it even needs it. thanks guys

#806 3 years ago

For avngrhulk
Here’s how I usually work on my game. The lockdown bar is pretty annoying in this one.
I take it off when I’m working on it. This was out on location for many years at Fun Spot, and their techs always removed it. They also wrapped the bottom coil because the slightest touch will blow the fuse.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where is this bottom coil you speak of?

#809 3 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

Here is my post on me replacing the plexi between the glass and CRT as well as a link the the actual plexi I purchased. It's almost an exact match. You will have to cut it and drill the holes.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pacman-clubwaka-waka-waka/page/11#post-4499297
https://www.estreetplastics.com/Plexiglass-Grey-Smoked-1-8-x-12-x-24-p/t801251224.htm

Oh ya I saw your post actually, but thanks for referring to it again so I don't have to go back. Sadly my monitor doesn't have the brackets for the plexi like some other people have posted on here, didn't realize it until I opened it up the other day.

3 months later
#851 2 years ago
Quoted from Templewd:

Got the lit joystick added
I made do with what I have
I need to add a inch or so on the joystick and a new centering gromet
But it is lit, and works and it’s a leaf switch
[quoted image]

normally i like all original but that looks super cool!!! if you end up figuring out the extra things needed I may end up copying you

#852 2 years ago

oh question guys, Im guessing my cabinet has been altered but are your front and back leg levelers the same size? and if so, are they smaller than the standard pinball and arcade levelers or are they the same?

#857 2 years ago

It’s been ages since I looked. I’m pretty sure they should be pinball sized, the cabinet bottom has circles cut out for them. Use the smaller 2inch ones.

The back two on my cabinet use the standard size pinball levelers, but the front are smaller and the pinball ones wont fit and Ive had trouble finding smaller levelers...thought maybe it was a standard baby pacman thing.

7 months later
#872 2 years ago

what material is on the wood for this cabinet? its not just a normal vinyl sticker right? that yellow feels super cool and different than all my other cabs.

#876 2 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

I recall reading somewhere it's a type of laminate they did on this cab as well as some arcade cabinets. There was also someone that was making resto cabs with the laminate years back but no longer available.

oh good enough, let me know if you recall anything more, because ya this laminate is significantly different than anything on any of my other arcades.

#878 2 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

I found this old forum thread I saved and this guy restored three arcade cabinets and he re laminated them all. It's the same stuff they use on laminate counter tops. I really want to do this to my BPM at some point as the cab needs some TLC. After putting a Mylar overlay on my BPM never doing it before and it came out great I figure I can't make the cab any worse than it is now as the paint job is terrible. (I didn't paint it). Only problem is I can't do it till our last dog is no longer with us so that's a few years out. She is blind and I can't do any work in the house and the pin is in her safe space. No outside shop so I do everything inside. lol Ok I am rambling here is the thread url.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=150293.0

your a good guy man, poor dog. thanks for the link. and if and when you do decide to give this a whirl, let me know how its goes. my cabinet is still in super good shape except the very bottom is pretty water damaged all the way around, even prevents the t molding from staying put and that bums me out. the last guy had nailed it in which also bummed me out but i now see why he did it.

4 months later
#899 1 year ago

Baby pacman people need your help. Had to move my machine into a storage container. Just got it out and it booted right up thank God! But all 5 of the targets at the top all keep going up and down over and over again whether I'm in pinball mode or arcade mode non stop. I've done everything I know how to do which is remove all the connectors and plug them back in on all the boards on the back ha ha. What should I try next to fix this problem?

#901 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Test the left target (1) switch and the right target (5) switch. If those aren't registering properly, it can cause the target to repeatedly reset.

and how does one test those? Is that something that's fairly easy to explain or should I be doing some googling?

#903 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Go into Service mode.... there's a button in the coin door. Press it until you get to the SWITCH TEST. There, you can test to make sure your switches are working properly. If the left or right drop target switch is stuck on, it can cause the drop targets to reset indefinitely.

oh nice! like an arcade game. I was afraid it would be much more pinbally. thank you sir, i will check that out and see.

#905 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Most pinball machines have a switch test function too.

Sent into the service mode and went to switch test and nothing was on, when I pressed joystick to a direction it popped up on the screen but that was pretty much it. Now when I went to solenoid test and it cycled through all the solenoids, 1 of the solenoids made all the top targets tingle, and then the next made the 1st target tingle and so on but target number 2 which I believe is solenoid number 4 nothing happened and then again for solenoid number 6 which is target 4 I believe nothing happened. Does this mean something?

#911 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

In switch test mode, move Target 1 and 5 up and down by hand. See if they register. For a sanity check, press other switches on the playfield to make sure they register. If Target 1 or 5 don't register, that may be your issue. If the machine detects that target 1 and 5 are up, it will try to lower one of them by resetting the targets and then lowering one.

will give this a try sir, thank you. so not solenoid mode? Switch test mode I thought was odd, because the pinball buttons two on top and two on the sides all didnt register as switches, but now that im writing it maybe they arent considered switches at all.

#913 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Well, I gave you bad advice.
I just tested on my machine. The flipper buttons do not register in the switch test. The joystick and P1/P2 buttons do register. BUT.... NONE OF THE PLAYFIELD SWITCHES REGISTER. What the heck? And my playfield switches are working fine. That's pretty useless.
Well, you're going to have to test your switches some other way. Of course, you want to test that your solenoids are firing properly in the solenoid test, but your issue really sounds like a target 1 or 5 switch issue to me. I'd look under the playfield and physically inspect your target 1 and 5 switches and see if you can see any problem there. You can do a continuity check with a meter with the machine off to make sure the two lugs on the switch are connecting properly as you move the targets up and down.

As usual people on here are smart and I am dumb. There was a bar that basically came loose, how did I not notice this well like I said dumb. So once I actually lifted up the pinball board instead of sticking my head upside down inside the cabinet it was very easy to see ha ha. So now my question is where does one get super little c clips? I've only ever seen the bigger ones that come on joysticks. I temporally put it back together without c clamp and it works great. Thanks so much for the info.

20220714_214002 (resized).jpg20220714_214002 (resized).jpg20220714_214009 (resized).jpg20220714_214009 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#920 1 year ago

Does anyone have the coin box or lid for this machine? Nearly all my machines have their coin box and it feels naked without it. It’s also useful to put spare parts in and be able to take it out when working on the game!

I dont have an extra one sorry, but I do the SAME THING with the whole spare parts and other misc stuff, Ive actually sadly sold a machine or two and forgot to look in the coin door and sold off a bunch of items that had nothin to do with the machine, it was very sad. its a great place to put stuff, but also very easy to forget.

#925 1 year ago

I moved my baby pacman and now the coloring is all wrong. There's really no yellow and no blue. The ghosts are all red and green and everything is basically red ish and greenish, I can add a picture later but I don't think that'll really offer up any needed info. I'm guessing something came loose or needs to be reseated. This happened in the past and after a few plays the correct colors randomly came back. That doesn't seem to be happening this time around. Any ideas?

1 week later
#932 1 year ago

First off love the topper a whole bunch! Second off my machine came on looking beautiful today and then just randomly lost its colors after about 10 minutes of being on. Tried to figure out what cause it back there just by looking and touching and no easy signs. Haven't had time to dive in yet, really trying to avoid soldering. Here's what it looks like.

20220821_165956 (resized).jpg20220821_165956 (resized).jpg20220821_170007 (resized).jpg20220821_170007 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#935 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

As an example-
I replaced R5 for volume due to low volume ( could not adjust louder) and that worked.

So I was messing with things and I got my colors back and my screen looking good but now no sound... Or actually super duper crazy small very tiny sound if you really put your ear to the vidiot board. Speaking of, where should the sound actually be coming from.. Where are the speakers on this thing? And is this what happened to you? Lights all still blinking good, tried turning r5 and turning volume pot at coin door and ya nothing helps.

#938 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

[quoted image]

Sold out sadly

#939 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

Speakers are just above the coin door. Change out R5 and that will help. Sometimes the potentiometers at the coin door go bad to.

There are pentimoters at the coin door? Anyway to test pentimoters without removing them from the board?

#941 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I had the same issue I undid the speaker connector on the Vidiot board and I used a speaker with an alligator clip to see if I was getting proper audio it turned out my left speaker was shorted killing all sound to the machine
anyways it’s worth a try

Very worth a try! Will do. Thanks.

#948 1 year ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

These will also work from Great Plains.
3386P-1-252 or 3362P-1-252 for the 2.5K
3386P-1-103 or 3362P-1-103 for the 10K
3386P-1-102 or 3362P-1-102 for the 1K
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=122

The or part always confuses me. Which one should I get? The slighty more expensive version?

#949 1 year ago
Quoted from REGNE:

I had both speakers on mine do the same. I replaced both speakers.
First check that the speakers are OK, then diagnose from there.

Speaker wire was soldered and the solder came loose. Great save. I keep thinking Every time I have a problem it's something serious and Every time it ends up being small ha ha. Thanks again guys. Hopefully the easy fix streak will continue!

1 month later
#959 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Unfortunately, GPE is closed.

They are physically different sizes.
I don't remember which size I installed, but I think I ordered both just in case. Whatever size I used was a tight fit.

went to the website, seemed like they where still selling stuff, sadly they are all out of my sync one though the 10k. so I put my email in and hopefully they will email me when back in stock, anyone know any other place to get them in the meantime? My machine plays fine but then after awhile the screen starts to sag, and then the screen full on goes diagonal and blurry. I think i just need to replace the sync guy... fingers crossed.

20221016_162445 (resized).jpg20221016_162445 (resized).jpg
#961 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

GPE is closed for the forseeable future, possibly permanently. You will have to go elsewhere.
There is a list of suppliers here: https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Pinball_Parts_Suppliers
Just sort by the electronics components column. Mouser, newark, and digikey will probably have something. If not, check arrow, or some of the others.

bummer ok thank you

#964 1 year ago
Quoted from jj44114:

ebay.com link: itm

is this the 10k one i need for the sync? will this size fit?

5 months later
#1028 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Has anyone seen the colored target decals in person? I'm looking at them here: https://www.thisoldgamearchive.com/misc-parts/baby-pac-man-custom-target-decal-set[quoted image]

i have not sadly, but i almost purchased them as well!

1 month later
#1059 11 months ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Looking at possibly purchasing a Baby Pacman. It has alkaline damage on at least 2 boards (MPU and Vidiot). I know zero about this boardset. What boards have new replacements that can be purchased and which boards do not? When I plugged everything in all I got was the monitor to power on (no picture though, just retrace lines). No power to playfield.
If I buy for $300 could I end up upside down after necessary repairs?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

if you are getting an entire baby pacman cabinet like the whole thing for 300 dollars then wow best deal ever!!!! and I would buy it instantly without even thinking about it. like you said you can get a replacemnt mpu board which is what I did and that works perfectly and then you can find working vidiot boards on ebay and klov every once in a while. last time I looked ebay i believe had 3 of them available all for under 500 bucks which is expensive of course but compared to a baby pacman machine.... 2500 not too shabby or of course there are people who do the repairs as well. I also purchased a power board from someone on klov because I thought mine was dead but it ended up being another issue and that board was a hundred i think. so ya most things can be replaced or repaired and no matter what you will be walking away with a steal my friend!!!!!

#1063 11 months ago

this may be the coolest thing i have ever seen!!!!!!!

1 week later
#1077 10 months ago
Quoted from Stonehenged:

This looks amazing! Do you have any more pictures of it installed?

agreed, seeing the side panels looks cool, but would be nice to see the other strips as well.

3 weeks later
#1101 9 months ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Yea, this one was original. It cracked too where you described. I guess the plastic breaks down over time.

same here; been tempted to do this a few times, but wow where it is on there it is still super on there!!! how easy was it to remove and put the new one on?

4 months later
#1151 5 months ago
Quoted from pinmods:

I dig those Titan blades but I'm doing mine in mirror. Wish someone else would make them and save me the effort though

very intrigued to see how the mirror blades will end up looking, please post pictures if you ever accomplish.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 199.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sirgubster9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pacman-clubwaka-waka-waka?tu=Sirgubster9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.