IMG_5545.jpeg
IMG_5544.jpeg
IMG_5540.jpeg
IMG_8001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7998 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7999 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7996 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,195 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 24.
#351 6 years ago

Does anyone have any spares of these 555 sockets used on Baby Pac? I seem to have lost a couple during my restoration.

Thank you!

2b7fa079-f9c6-4e25-97f1-b4b757328dc0 (resized).jpg2b7fa079-f9c6-4e25-97f1-b4b757328dc0 (resized).jpg

#352 6 years ago

Selling my Baby Pac project:

Machine - For Sale
As is - “Major project. Make offer. Bad cabinet. All boards appear to be there. Pinball table is dirty but seems complete. Never plugged in. Don’t know the state of any of it. Selling p...”
2017-12-05
Rockford, MI
400 (OBO)
Archived after: 18 days
Viewed: 379 times

1 week later
#353 6 years ago

Baby Pac-Man cpo done !!!
Marquee-Bezel-Playfield Plastic Set-CPO-Sideart, all new from Phoenix Arcade, thanks great products
Also installed new t-molding and soon a new aluminium coin door badge still to install.

IMG_63001 (resized).JPGIMG_63001 (resized).JPG

IMG_6301 (resized).JPGIMG_6301 (resized).JPG

IMG_6301 (resized).JPGIMG_6301 (resized).JPG

#354 6 years ago

Does anyone have a paint code for the yellow? I have some dings in my cab that I want to touch up.

#355 6 years ago

Most sides are a laminate/uniface material, and not actually paint. However, I did find this in an archived link on KLOV:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

However, someone posted a warning about the chemical make-up of the paint used by sherwin-williams that changed to the point where that code produced something closer to a mustard color.

Another color code:
CCE (ColorCast Ecotoner) # colorant
----------------- 02 --- 32 --- 64 --- 128
B1 - Black --------------------1-------1
R3 - Magenta ----------2-----1-------1
Y1 - Yellow -----2-----28--------------
W1 - White ------------2---------------

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Baby Pac-Man cpo done !!!
Marquee-Bezel-Playfield Plastic Set-CPO-Sideart, all new from Phoenix Arcade, thanks great products
Also installed new t-molding and soon a new aluminium coin door badge still to install.

Where did you get the coin door badge? Mine is missing entirely!

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

You can get a few different styles from here.

http://www.arcadeshop.com/s/1/arcade-game-artwork_d_1/c_midway.htm

#358 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Most sides are a laminate/uniface material, and not actually paint. However, I did find this in an archived link on KLOV:

However, someone posted a warning about the chemical make-up of the paint used by sherwin-williams that changed to the point where that code produced something closer to a mustard color.
Another color code:
CCE (ColorCast Ecotoner) # colorant
----------------- 02 --- 32 --- 64 --- 128
B1 - Black --------------------1-------1
R3 - Magenta ----------2-----1-------1
Y1 - Yellow -----2-----28--------------
W1 - White ------------2---------------

Thanks I’m aware that it’s Formica. I just want to touch up some dings. I believe I have the second code you listed. Someone in klov said it’s the wrong color though. May just need to peel off a small piece and get it matched.

#359 6 years ago

Check here, the repro for my Baby Pac-Man is perfect, very nice product and highly recommended !
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=416520

#360 6 years ago

Can someone post a picture of the control panel latch mechanism?
Mine was disassembled because the key was lost, and I can’t figure out how the hell this latch is supposed to somehow lock the panel down?? It definitely seems like something is missing.

It’s pretty annoying to play with the darn thing banging around!

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Check here, the repro for my Baby Pac-Man is perfect, very nice product and highly recommended !
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=416520

Thank you for that info!

#362 6 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Can someone post a picture of the control panel latch mechanism?
Mine was disassembled because the key was lost, and I can’t figure out how the hell this latch is supposed to somehow lock the panel down?? It definitely seems like something is missing.
It’s pretty annoying to play with the darn thing banging around!

Here ya go

undercp - Copy (resized).JPGundercp - Copy (resized).JPG

babypaccp 009 (resized).JPGbabypaccp 009 (resized).JPG

#363 6 years ago

... wow okay so now it makes sense... that giant metal receiver that the control panel latches into is completely gone.. like they just plain removed it...

Where the hell am I going to get another on of those?? Why did someone remove it that makes no sense to me??

Picture added:
Totally gone. Where on earth can I get one?

F0BEDF40-03A7-4FF2-87C7-65FA65BBF7B5.jpegF0BEDF40-03A7-4FF2-87C7-65FA65BBF7B5.jpeg

#364 6 years ago

... wow okay so now it makes sense... that giant metal receiver that the control panel latches into is completely gone.. like they just plain removed it...
Where the hell am I going to get another on of those?? Why did someone remove it that makes no sense to me??
Picture added:
Totally gone. Where on earth can I get one?

Post a wanted ad on KLOV. People part these all the time. It seems Baby PACs are more commonly water damaged than any other arcade game... for some unknown reason.

#365 6 years ago

Hi everyone

Looking for these metal brackets that go on either side of the monitor on Baby Pac-man and hold the tinted plexi in place.

Thanks for any leads!

20171215_222217001_1513401787302 (resized).jpg20171215_222217001_1513401787302 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#366 6 years ago

Hi Baby Pac owners !
I restored my Baby Pac-Man recently but the coin box is missing. Someone can provide a picture of this coin box please ?
Thanks !!

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Hi Baby Pac owners !
I restored my Baby Pac-Man recently but the coin box is missing. Someone can provide a picture of this coin box please ?
Thanks !!

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Coinbox/Cashbox_Identification_Guide#Hybrid_.28Baby_Pacman_.2F_Granny_.26_The_Gators.29

#369 6 years ago

Post a wanted ad on KLOV. People part these all the time. It seems Baby PACs are more commonly water damaged than any other arcade game... for some unknown reason.

I don’t really know how to use KLOV, it’s got an older forum design that never made much sense to me... I have an account but it’s unverified

#370 6 years ago

Working on a newly acquired Baby Pac project. The interlock switch for the back door is missing, and there are 4 wires dangling. Can someone verify which switch I need (is it this one? https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1521 )

And can someone please snap a picture showing which wire goes to which switch terminal?

Very happy to be in this club again! Thanks in advance for the help.

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Working on a newly acquired Baby Pac project. The interlock switch for the back door is missing, and there are 4 wires dangling. Can someone verify which switch I need (is it this one? https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1521 )
And can someone please snap a picture showing which wire goes to which switch terminal?
Very happy to be in this club again! Thanks in advance for the help.

Thought I would help you out and checked my BPM and it doesn't have one at all on it. No bracket, no wiring.
Sorry I couldn't help you out.

#372 6 years ago

Looks like:

Blue
White
Yellow
Black

On mine at least.

IMG_20180107_175813 (resized).jpgIMG_20180107_175813 (resized).jpg

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Looks like:
Blue
White
Yellow
Black
On mine at least.

Awesome, thank you guys.

1 week later
#374 6 years ago

Is anyone aware of how CPR decides what playfields to put on "The Boutique Zone" to see if there is enough interest in one they would produce one? They state they typically like to see 40-50 potential buyers. I would have to imagine they would easily sell that for BPM. With 7000 BPMs produced I would think quite a few are working with bad playfields.

#375 6 years ago

If anyone needs a back glass I have one with some separation at the bottom. I triple thicked it years ago. Would ship 20 bucks plus shipping will add pictures in the morning.

#376 6 years ago

Hardtop would be another option, cheaper. Maybe a better option if they could be coaxed into making one for Baby Pacman.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardtop-playfield-new-product-announcement-poll-included

Quoted from Lithonion:

Is anyone aware of how CPR decides what playfields to put on "The Boutique Zone" to see if there is enough interest in one they would produce one? They state they typically like to see 40-50 potential buyers. I would have to imagine they would easily sell that for BPM. With 7000 BPMs produced I would think quite a few are working with bad playfields.

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from Biffbar:

Hardtop would be another option, cheaper. Maybe a better option if they could be coaxed into making one for Baby Pacman.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardtop-playfield-new-product-announcement-poll-included

Something to watch for sure. It is a lot like the mylar screened overlay I put on. Though I think the hardtop would hold up a lot longer. A lot less prep work as well. Nice to see more options to save playfields that would otherwise be scrapped by most.

#378 6 years ago

I originally posted a question seeing if anyone had a paint code for the yellow cabinet. Unfortunately everything I came across was old. I went to Home Depot a couple of weeks ago with a piece to see if they could color match. They couldn't get close enough for me. Then an employee takes a look at the piece I brought and says it looks like one of their base colors. Lo and behold, a color called Osha Safety Yellow matched perfectly. Well when I say perfectly, its about as perfect as a paint match I have gotten. I picked their Alkyd Satin Enamel paint. It takes longer to dry but hardens much better than standard latex.

IMG_8466 (resized).jpgIMG_8466 (resized).jpg

IMG_8494 (resized).jpgIMG_8494 (resized).jpg

IMG_8495 (resized).jpgIMG_8495 (resized).jpg

#379 6 years ago

My spinners were pretty torched so I am retracing the artwork. Once I finish it, and you guys are interested, I can post it up.

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 12.54.34 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-01-22 at 12.54.34 PM (resized).png

#380 6 years ago

Please do post them. I could go for sanding, decaling, and spraying mine for sure.

#381 6 years ago
Quoted from bpa:

My spinners were pretty torched so I am retracing the artwork. Once I finish it, and you guys are interested, I can post it up.

Classic arcades has spinner decals available, if you need them:

http://www.classic-arcades.com/STORE/index1.html?c4.html&1

ebay.com link: ebay.com

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from bpa:

I did this back in 2000, almost 18 years ago to my Baby Pac man spinners and drop targets. Back then I could not find them. I inkjet printed them on inkjet adhesive vinyl and laminated them with a thick clear adhesive laminate which still looks good today. I also added a little color the the spinner.

babypacplayfd (resized).jpgbabypacplayfd (resized).jpg

SPINERCR (resized).JPGSPINERCR (resized).JPG

#383 6 years ago

I like the added pink!

#384 6 years ago

Yeah, I think that looks factory, honestly.

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

I did this back in 2000, almost 18 years ago to my Baby Pac man spinners and drop targets. Back then I could not find them. I inkjet printed them on inkjet adhesive vinyl and laminated them with a thick clear adhesive laminate which still looks good today. I also added a little color the the spinner.

Mine has colored spinners as well. It seems as if someone had a similar idea to yours, because there is definitely some sort of vinyl protecting baby on the spinner.

0E821783-DD26-4F11-9515-085D8EC16403.jpeg0E821783-DD26-4F11-9515-085D8EC16403.jpeg
#386 6 years ago

I have rebuilt, working Vidiot boards for sale. PM me if you need one.

#387 6 years ago

Mine has colored spinners as well. It seems as if someone had a similar idea to yours, because there is definitely some sort of vinyl protecting baby on the spinner.

I would be willing to bet that if that's not one I made it was made from the file I created. Back when I made these no one had any unless someone had NOS spinners. I scanned my original spinner which was in real bad condition and used Photo Shop to fill in the missing parts and add the color. I made a few extras and sold a few on Ebay, even shipped a couple over seas and some years later I gave the files to someone who I believe started making and selling them. I also scanned the drop target and made decals for them as well (no one made drop targets back then either) and decals for the back glass as some of the back glasses did not have the arrows at the bottom or the points card.
In the picture is one I had left over I keep for a spare which I never used and is now 17 years old.

DSC06942 (resized).JPGDSC06942 (resized).JPG

BPSPIN (resized).JPGBPSPIN (resized).JPG

5TARGETS (resized).JPG5TARGETS (resized).JPG

ESCAPEA (resized).JPGESCAPEA (resized).JPG

bpscoreA (resized).JPGbpscoreA (resized).JPG

#388 6 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a new chrome lift channel for my baby Pac?

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Anyone know where I can get a new chrome lift channel for my baby Pac?

Maybe try @gatecrasher, he carries and makes a lot of old Bally stuff.

#390 6 years ago

I just picked up a baby pac project!

9AAC9A74-4A58-4959-A4A4-526C57465ADE (resized).jpeg9AAC9A74-4A58-4959-A4A4-526C57465ADE (resized).jpeg

#391 6 years ago

If anyone needs a ok glass contact me. $20 plus shipping. I splurged on a new one. Ill use the packaging mine came in.

#392 6 years ago

Can anyone take a few pics of their drop target assembly? I am trying to figure out where the two thin rods go. Unfortunately I think I deleted the pics on my phone. One of the rods holds the target springs. Not sure what the other does.

#393 6 years ago

Recently picked up a baby pac. For the first few days, no real issues. Now it's hit or miss with the display. When it works, the colors are great. Here is what is happening, when the game is on, at some point the display just goes completely black. Generally I have to take the back off, re-seat the cables on the Vidiot board, and we are back in business for a few more hours. Lately those few hours have turned into about 20-30 minutes before the screen goes black. Any thoughts on what I should tackle first?

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Recently picked up a baby pac. For the first few days, no real issues. Now it's hit or miss with the display. When it works, the colors are great. Here is what is happening, when the game is on, at some point the display just goes completely black. Generally I have to take the back off, re-seat the cables on the Vidiot board, and we are back in business for a few more hours. Lately those few hours have turned into about 20-30 minutes before the screen goes black. Any thoughts on what I should tackle first?

Start by replacing the header pins on the vidiot board with some fresh clean pins. If that doesn't solve it, I would then replace the wire connectors with some modern crimp on connectors.

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=CH100-40T-0.318

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Start by replacing the header pins on the vidiot board with some fresh clean pins. If that doesn't solve it, I would then replace the wire connectors with some modern crimp on connectors.

While you're at it, take a real close look at the chip sockets on top of the Vidiot board (underneath where the MPU battery probably leaked on it). Also look at the header pins and connectors on the bottom of the MPU board (corrosion affected area). This would be the first place I look...

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=CH100-40T-0.318

The link you provided to that part, if I order a quantity of 1, does that mean I will get the item in the picture which shows 6 pins, or is the quantity of 1 for each pin? Just want to make sure I order the right amount.

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

The link you provided to that part, if I order a quantity of 1, does that mean I will get the item in the picture which shows 6 pins, or is the quantity of 1 for each pin? Just want to make sure I order the right amount.

That is for a strip of 40 pins. You just cut them to the length you need. Order as many as you need to get enough pins to do all the headers on the videot board.

#398 6 years ago

I just bought a baby pac man project and I have static in the sound which changes when I mess with the door volume pot.. it could be what is causing it so I will start by changing it.. does anyone have a link or information on what to order for a replacement.. I am not sure how many ohms /watts to order and I would like something to be a direct replacement if available ..
Thanks in advance..

#399 6 years ago

I had the same problem. I changed both pots. The one on the coin door and the one on the circuit board. I might have an extra coin door pot...or at least the old one to get the values from. I would suggest replacing both.

#400 6 years ago

I ordered the pot kit for the vidiot but I will start with the coin door since it is easier. I would appreciate it if you can get me the values. I couldn't find them on mine.

Quoted from bpa:

I had the same problem. I changed both pots. The one on the coin door and the one on the circuit board. I might have an extra coin door pot...or at least the old one to get the values from. I would suggest replacing both.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 199.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,195 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pacman-clubwaka-waka-waka/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.