IMG_5552.jpeg
IMG_5549.jpeg
IMG_5548.jpeg
IMG_5546.jpeg
IMG_5545.jpeg
IMG_5544.jpeg
IMG_5540.jpeg
IMG_8001 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,202 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 25.
#1001 1 year ago

Here’s a complete pic of the mpu. I assume that one socket should be empty? Currently only a very quick flicker at power on then nothing from led.

1EE39738-E1D0-4F3C-89EA-11FB828374AF (resized).jpeg1EE39738-E1D0-4F3C-89EA-11FB828374AF (resized).jpeg

#1002 1 year ago

Trying to find a CPR playfield for baby Pac-Man, or one that was redone and clear coated? If anyone has one the would be willing to sell or knows where there is one for sale, let me know. Thanks! Love the game!

#1003 1 year ago

So far I’m getting 2 flashes on mpu and solid light on vidiot board.

#1004 1 year ago
Quoted from Willl:

I got my hands on a Baby Pac Man this week. Looks all original but doesn’t work unfortunately. Needs a good cleaning. Seems to be in great shape. From some research I’ve been doing it does suffer from the battery leakage issue on the mpu board. Seems to be isolated to that board only from what I can see. Is there anywhere I can find a good condition as-2518-133? My plan would be to get an original board, and perhaps do a battery relocation kit. If I have to get an Alltek I would but would really like it original. Or if someone know where I can start testing the mpu board that would be a real help as well.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The MPU is extremely common, should be a ton of them around. I think it has a small jumper when used in Baby Pac and Granny, but otherwise they’re common. Any reputable board repair tech should be able to clean that right up or have one on hand to sell you

#1005 1 year ago
Quoted from Willl:

I got my hands on a Baby Pac Man this week. Looks all original but doesn’t work unfortunately. Needs a good cleaning. Seems to be in great shape. From some research I’ve been doing it does suffer from the battery leakage issue on the mpu board. Seems to be isolated to that board only from what I can see. Is there anywhere I can find a good condition as-2518-133? My plan would be to get an original board, and perhaps do a battery relocation kit. If I have to get an Alltek I would but would really like it original. Or if someone know where I can start testing the mpu board that would be a real help as well.

Slightly cheaper option:

https://nvram.weebly.com/mpu.html

Finding a *clean* original board will be difficult, though there are no shortage of battery damaged ones available.

If your choices are sending it out for repair or buying a new, I don't know if techs are even accepting battery damaged bally MPUs any more since the aftermarket replacements are going to be less expensive than a repair.

If you want to fix it yourself, clip off the battery, clip off any parts that are corroding, treat it with zep, sand it down to the copper traces, zep again, populate with new parts, seal the exposed traces.

There are many threads on the forums that deal with this, and you can start your own thread to ask for further advice.

This is also a good resource for repair info:

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Bally/Stern

#1006 1 year ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Trying to find a CPR playfield for baby Pac-Man, or one that was redone and clear coated? If anyone has one the would be willing to sell or knows where there is one for sale, let me know. Thanks! Love the game!

I had put my name on the Classic Playfields web site for when they came back in stock and they sent me one and I should get it this Friday. I think i was on the list for a month or so.

#1007 1 year ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

I had put my name on the Classic Playfields web site for when they came back in stock and they sent me one and I should get it this Friday. I think i was on the list for a month or so.

I have too, but no response yet….

#1008 1 year ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

I have too, but no response yet….

I did not receive ant notification until I had receive an email that it was back in stock. Then I went to the website and it was, then I put it in my cart and purchased it then went back and it was out of stock again. I thinking they either had enough interest at the time to make a couple. It was in stock for the longest time before, and of course when I wanted it it was out. Like I had mentioned before it was about a month and a half or less. Hope for the best.

#1009 1 year ago

Thx. I sent a message to them as well. Hoping they make more soon. Was also hoping someone (via this chat) might have bought one and never got around to installing it and was looking to sell.

#1010 1 year ago

Has anyone rebuilt the power supply circuits on the vidiot board? I’m going to recap and put ezsbc voltage regulators in, but I’m wondering if I should replace anything else while I am doing the work.

#1011 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Has anyone rebuilt the power supply circuits on the vidiot board? I’m going to recap and put ezsbc voltage regulators in, but I’m wondering if I should replace anything else while I am doing the work.

Similar subject, does anyone besides eldorado games service the vidiot board?

#1012 1 year ago

Does anyone have a videot board for sale? I have 2 Babys im working on. one is sent out the other is missing this board. Thanks in advance! JR

#1013 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Similar subject, does anyone besides eldorado games service the vidiot board?

I've seen a few people on the forums mention that they service them, though I can't recall who off the top of my head.

#1014 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Does anyone have a videot board for sale? I have 2 Babys im working on. one is sent out the other is missing this board. Thanks in advance! JR

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/jj44114

He has helped me several times in the past on repairs he mentioned having a couple boards for sale from time to time

Worth a shot worst case he doesn’t have one at this time

#1015 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:Similar subject, does anyone besides eldorado games service the vidiot board?

Contact jj44114

#1016 1 year ago

Did any of the Baby Pac Man’s come with this style buttons? My game looks untouched/unrestored but noticed most have the cone shaped buttons for player one and two.

4A05D048-5832-47CD-9CCC-DACCAE65CC99 (resized).jpeg4A05D048-5832-47CD-9CCC-DACCAE65CC99 (resized).jpeg
#1017 1 year ago
Quoted from Willl:

Did any of the Baby Pac Man’s come with this style buttons? My game looks untouched/unrestored but noticed most have the cone shaped buttons for player one and two.
[quoted image]

Yes, both styles came from the factory and they switched sometime during production. Of my three babies, two are cones and the other is that red style.

#1018 1 year ago
Quoted from Willl:

[quoted image]

Those are pretty standard for Bally midway games of the time

#1019 1 year ago

Quick question. I noticed the lamp sockets have diodes on them. Any lamp mods need to be done in order to add 555 leds to the feature lamps?

#1020 1 year ago
Quoted from Willl:

Big Daddy Enterprises has kits to fix the corrosion on the mpu board...
https://bigdaddy-enterprises.com/repairkits/bally_kits.htm#bmpucorrosion

#1021 1 year ago
Quoted from Willl:

[quoted image]

Those are the same start buttons I have on my machine.

Chris

#1022 1 year ago

And so it begins
4BF676DA-ED3F-497F-A960-4E3306796B2B (resized).jpeg4BF676DA-ED3F-497F-A960-4E3306796B2B (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1023 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

And so it begins
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks filthy but not in bad shape really. Love following these restorations

Chris

#1024 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

And so it begins
[quoted image][quoted image]

Are you repainting? Just clean and seal? New vinyl? Mine is dirty, and some slight paint damage. I’m thinking about just cleaning whatever dirt I can off then doing a really good layer of clear coat over it. Keep it authenticate.

#1025 1 year ago
Quoted from Willl:

Are you repainting? Just clean and seal? New vinyl? Mine is dirty, and some slight paint damage. I’m thinking about just cleaning whatever dirt I can off then doing a really good layer of clear coat over it. Keep it authenticate.

I’m floating between clean and clear coat, vs sand and overlay. I’m going to try a magic eraser and see how it looks.

#1026 1 year ago

Looking for the control panel lockdown bar and #555 grid light board if anyone has spares.

#1027 1 year ago

Has anyone seen the colored target decals in person? I'm looking at them here: https://www.thisoldgamearchive.com/misc-parts/baby-pac-man-custom-target-decal-set

babaypacpb pack-sca2-1000 (resized).jpgbabaypacpb pack-sca2-1000 (resized).jpg
#1028 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Has anyone seen the colored target decals in person? I'm looking at them here: https://www.thisoldgamearchive.com/misc-parts/baby-pac-man-custom-target-decal-set[quoted image]

i have not sadly, but i almost purchased them as well!

1 week later
#1029 1 year ago

How are the bezel and marquee held in? Mine didn’t come with any, so I am trying to figure out if I need more hardware to install my repros.

#1030 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

How are the bezel and marquee held in? Mine didn’t come with any, so I am trying to figure out if I need more hardware to install my repros.

The top marquee is held n by a black metal trim piece. On mine it is screwed into the cabinet with 3 torx tamper resistant screws. T-20 size. Be careful with it because once the screws are out it’ll drop loose ke a rock. There’s nothing else holding it up there.

As far as the monitor bezel……I wish I knew. After looking at mine and trying to figure it out I’m at a loss. Hopefully someone can help there. I took stuff apart but couldn’t get it to budge.

2C4BDA9A-07EA-445B-B1D7-0725D28C2113 (resized).jpeg2C4BDA9A-07EA-445B-B1D7-0725D28C2113 (resized).jpegCA2D89E3-8817-46F8-AD71-B7D41B7A4319 (resized).jpegCA2D89E3-8817-46F8-AD71-B7D41B7A4319 (resized).jpeg
#1031 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

The top marquee is held n by a black metal trim piece. On mine it is screwed into the cabinet with 3 torx tamper resistant screws. T-20 size. Be careful with it because once the screws are out it’ll drop loose ke a rock. There’s nothing else holding it up there.
As far as the monitor bezel……I wish I knew. After looking at mine and trying to figure it out I’m at a loss. Hopefully someone can help there. I took stuff apart but couldn’t get it to budge.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! I definitely don’t have that trim piece. It looks like some of the arcade repair parts suppliers have generic marquee trim (some have upper and lower) so I will likely try that.

I’ll start browsing YouTube to see if I can find someone remove the monitor bezel

1 week later
#1032 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Thanks! I definitely don’t have that trim piece. It looks like some of the arcade repair parts suppliers have generic marquee trim (some have upper and lower) so I will likely try that.
I’ll start browsing YouTube to see if I can find someone remove the monitor bezel

It’s been ages, but I believe the monitor bezel is barely held in with anything. I just lift up on mine and it falls forwards. Gotta double check

#1033 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

It’s been ages, but I believe the monitor bezel is barely held in with anything. I just lift up on mine and it falls forwards. Gotta double check

I figured it would’ve been secured in somehow to prevent people from walking out of the arcades with them.

#1034 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I don't know, mine doesn't seem to budge at all and I felt I was cranking on it pretty hard.

Maybe mine is just stuck?

Chris

#1035 1 year ago

Two brackets inside that slide towards the front to prevent the glass lifting up. Slide them back to remove the glass

#1036 1 year ago
Quoted from gutz:

Two brackets inside that slide towards the front to prevent the glass lifting up. Slide them back to remove the glass

Do you have a picture? I definitely don't have those brackets and will have to make up something.

1 week later
#1037 11 months ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I don't know, mine doesn't seem to budge at all and I felt I was cranking on it pretty hard.
Maybe mine is just stuck?
Chris

#1038 11 months ago

Ok thank you for this. So it's accessed from inside the back of the machine.

Good video, thank you for sharing!

Chris

#1039 11 months ago

gutz Great video, THANK YOU! This was exactly what I needed, and then some. It is very appreciated!

#1040 11 months ago

Is there any good replacement of the playfield feature light for the Baby Pac-Man. I thought I could use the Yopsicles and they only work in some of them because they stay light all the time? I have a new playfield for mine and I would like to upgrade the lights. Thanks

#1041 11 months ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

Is there any good replacement of the playfield feature light for the Baby Pac-Man. I thought I could use the Yopsicles and they only work in some of them because they stay light all the time? I have a new playfield for mine and I would like to upgrade the lights. Thanks

It uses a lamp matrix with diodes. Popsicles don't include diodes, so you'll need to add them or go with a different solution.

Someone recently designed a lamp board for the lamp grid in the middle of the playfield.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pac-man-led-playfield-light-matrix-pcb/

#1042 11 months ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1304-roygbev-pinball/08453-10-warm-white-steadystrips-for-williams-sys-3-11

Those supposedly worked for games with a lamp matrix (yopps do not). I have not tried them though.

#1043 11 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It uses a lamp matrix with diodes. Popsicles don't include diodes, so you'll need to add them or go with a different solution.
Someone recently designed a lamp board for the lamp grid in the middle of the playfield.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pac-man-led-playfield-light-matrix-pcb/

Thanks for the info, i just purchased one and i will post info once installed

#1044 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinash:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1304-roygbev-pinball/08453-10-warm-white-steadystrips-for-williams-sys-3-11
Those supposedly worked for games with a lamp matrix (yopps do not). I have not tried them though.

I will check this out. Thanks

#1045 11 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Hey ForceFlow, can you elaborate on the diode usage?

#1046 11 months ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

Hey ForceFlow, can you elaborate on the diode usage?

Personally, I wouldn't use yoppsicles--I prefer having any kind of lamp socket so I can swap out bulbs.

But if you're set on it, you'll probably have to add a mounting tab (aka solder lug, solder tab, or screw solder tab, etc) for each "bulb" to have something to mount the diode to (if you mount them using the same screw as the yoppcicle PCBs, you'll probably have to add an insulator between the PCB and the tab). Then you just copy the schematics from there for how they should be wired up.

#1047 11 months ago

I have some spare used plastics (no slings) if anyone is trying to piece together a machine.

1 week later
#1048 11 months ago

Looking at possibly purchasing a Baby Pacman. It has alkaline damage on at least 2 boards (MPU and Vidiot). I know zero about this boardset. What boards have new replacements that can be purchased and which boards do not? When I plugged everything in all I got was the monitor to power on (no picture though, just retrace lines). No power to playfield.

If I buy for $300 could I end up upside down after necessary repairs?

20230515_170940 (resized).jpg20230515_170940 (resized).jpg20230515_170945 (resized).jpg20230515_170945 (resized).jpg20230515_170950 (resized).jpg20230515_170950 (resized).jpg
#1049 11 months ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Looking at possibly purchasing a Baby Pacman. It has alkaline damage on at least 2 boards (MPU and Vidiot). I know zero about this boardset. What boards have new replacements that can be purchased and which boards do not? When I plugged everything in all I got was the monitor to power on (no picture though, just retrace lines). No power to playfield.
If I buy for $300 could I end up upside down after necessary repairs?

Ok so I found a replacement MPU for $200. Should have searched before I posted...lol. No such luck for the Vidiot board. Who repairs these boards?

#1050 11 months ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Ok so I found a replacement MPU for $200. Should have searched before I posted...lol. No such luck for the Vidiot board. Who repairs these boards?

There are no replacements for the Vidiot. You have to find a board repairman. I don’t see any corrosion on yours. For $300 there is no way you could go wrong buying Baby Pac

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

There are 1,202 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pacman-clubwaka-waka-waka/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.