IMG_5552.jpeg
IMG_5549.jpeg
IMG_5548.jpeg
IMG_5546.jpeg
IMG_5545.jpeg
IMG_5544.jpeg
IMG_5540.jpeg
IMG_8001 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,202 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 25.
#951 1 year ago

Added some lights to the bezel. Looks way better now IMO.

61356757-00C5-4F95-870D-CE0AE2D12404 (resized).jpeg61356757-00C5-4F95-870D-CE0AE2D12404 (resized).jpegB1728CE4-A111-4E9C-B17A-1D047590B28C (resized).jpegB1728CE4-A111-4E9C-B17A-1D047590B28C (resized).jpeg
#952 1 year ago
Quoted from oooPIVYooo:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I've been thinking about doing that. It looks amazing!
You helped me make up my mind to do it.

#953 1 year ago
Quoted from oooPIVYooo:

Wow, really pops! You’re not getting any bleed in the monitor from the lights?

#954 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Wow, really pops! You’re not getting any bleed in the monitor from the lights?

None at all

BEFC55DA-8A26-4E20-9CA2-597BC11BEEC8 (resized).jpegBEFC55DA-8A26-4E20-9CA2-597BC11BEEC8 (resized).jpegCD2996C7-81B7-4861-89D5-1AD7F771C3F2 (resized).jpegCD2996C7-81B7-4861-89D5-1AD7F771C3F2 (resized).jpeg
#955 1 year ago
Quoted from oooPIVYooo:

None at all

Is the bezel original or reproduction?

#956 1 year ago
Quoted from oooPIVYooo:

None at all

Beautiful!
Take a pic with the bezel removed and show us how you did it. I will probably add this to mine as well!

Also welcome to pinside! I noticed these are your first posts! Great start!

#957 1 year ago
Quoted from oooPIVYooo:

None at all

That looks really good. I may have to offer this to another owner.

#958 1 year ago

Beautiful!
Take a pic with the bezel removed and show us how you did it. I will probably add this to mine as well!
Also welcome to pinside! I noticed these are your first posts! Great start!

Thanks. From what I can tell this is the original bezel. It had some delaminating at the bottom. Here are the inside pics. I had some spare strip lights from another project that I cut to size. I tied them in to the GIs.

Baby Pac Man Inside 1 (resized).jpgBaby Pac Man Inside 1 (resized).jpgBaby Pac Man Inside 2 (resized).jpgBaby Pac Man Inside 2 (resized).jpg
#959 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Unfortunately, GPE is closed.

They are physically different sizes.
I don't remember which size I installed, but I think I ordered both just in case. Whatever size I used was a tight fit.

went to the website, seemed like they where still selling stuff, sadly they are all out of my sync one though the 10k. so I put my email in and hopefully they will email me when back in stock, anyone know any other place to get them in the meantime? My machine plays fine but then after awhile the screen starts to sag, and then the screen full on goes diagonal and blurry. I think i just need to replace the sync guy... fingers crossed.

20221016_162445 (resized).jpg20221016_162445 (resized).jpg
#960 1 year ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

went to the website, seemed like they where still selling stuff, sadly they are all out of my sync one though the 10k. so I put my email in and hopefully they will email me when back in stock, anyone know any other place to get them in the meantime? My machine plays fine but then after awhile the screen starts to sag, and then the screen full on goes diagonal and blurry. I think i just need to replace the sync guy... fingers crossed. [quoted image]

GPE is closed for the forseeable future, possibly permanently. You will have to go elsewhere.

There is a list of suppliers here: https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Pinball_Parts_Suppliers

Just sort by the electronics components column. Mouser, newark, and digikey will probably have something. If not, check arrow, or some of the others.

#961 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

GPE is closed for the forseeable future, possibly permanently. You will have to go elsewhere.
There is a list of suppliers here: https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Pinball_Parts_Suppliers
Just sort by the electronics components column. Mouser, newark, and digikey will probably have something. If not, check arrow, or some of the others.

bummer ok thank you

#962 1 year ago

All these pots are readily available on ebay cheap. Bourns or knock offs are all good.

#964 1 year ago
Quoted from jj44114:

ebay.com link: itm

is this the 10k one i need for the sync? will this size fit?

2 weeks later
#965 1 year ago

Hey all! I've got to ask the club, since my usual Google jujitsu is failing me...

I was at the Chicago Pinball Expo, and the Baby Pac there had a mode where the SIDE tunnel entrances were BLOCKED OFF, which I had not seen before. I have a Baby Pac and either have no idea how to switch this feature, or I am on a different ROM than what I saw at the show.

Can anyone lay out the ROM game differences, or point me to the config to cause that game option?

Thanks!

#966 1 year ago
Quoted from cooperscooter:

Hey all! I've got to ask the club, since my usual Google jujitsu is failing me...
I was at the Chicago Pinball Expo, and the Baby Pac there had a mode where the SIDE tunnel entrances were BLOCKED OFF, which I had not seen before. I have a Baby Pac and either have no idea how to switch this feature, or I am on a different ROM than what I saw at the show.
Can anyone lay out the ROM game differences, or point me to the config to cause that game option?
Thanks!

Just look in the manual:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#967 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Just look in the manual:
[quoted image]

I could learn how to read….thanks for this!

#968 1 year ago

Going to start following this thread as I mite be getting one. Lots of helpfull info here. Thanks to all for their contributions

2 months later
#969 1 year ago

I had Officially joined the club today………pics to come

#970 1 year ago

Has anyone replaced thier CRT? do they still make these things? Just wondering what the options are.

Thanks,

#971 1 year ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

Has anyone replaced thier CRT? do they still make these things? Just wondering what the options are.

Thanks,

I would definitely try to fix it before replacing it. What's going on with the picture?

#972 1 year ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

I would definitely try to fix it before replacing it. What's going on with the picture?

Honestly, its just the burnt in lettering. other than that thats it.

#973 1 year ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

Honestly, its just the burnt in lettering. other than that thats it.

You can’t fix burn in, arcade collectors deal with that often. The 13in CRT is a rarity. You should just live with it, it sucks but if the picture is bright enough, you shouldn’t notice that much. The big glob of copyright info is always burnt-in on this game.

1 week later
#975 1 year ago

After a solid day of desolder and resoldering the Vidiot board, I have a fully functioning Baby Pac-Man..........

babypacman (resized).jpgbabypacman (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#976 1 year ago

Not sure I ever posted here. I got my Baby Pac Man last year. I bought it from a friend as part of a package deal with a Data East Simpsons.

These machines belonged to a mutual friend who passed in a motorcycle accident years ago. It was important to me that I get these machines if he ever wanted to pass them on They have a sentimental value to me and I would have hated to see them sold and flipped. If that’s selfish then so be it.

Anyway, I’ve done a lot to Simpsons but not the baby Pac man. Tonight I did LEDs, a good cleaning and new rubbers.

This is one that won’t leave the basement

67911174-66FF-40BA-878D-B0011E2C9D90 (resized).jpeg67911174-66FF-40BA-878D-B0011E2C9D90 (resized).jpeg7ACBC8CF-3512-4A97-BA00-783625C75272 (resized).jpeg7ACBC8CF-3512-4A97-BA00-783625C75272 (resized).jpeg98482A8E-3727-40D6-AA1F-C79019BDF9DC (resized).jpeg98482A8E-3727-40D6-AA1F-C79019BDF9DC (resized).jpeg9C365F6B-9310-4E0A-AD9E-7C0799311EBA (resized).jpeg9C365F6B-9310-4E0A-AD9E-7C0799311EBA (resized).jpegD4EDF68A-9D1C-46B8-9079-39AEA8F978AF (resized).jpegD4EDF68A-9D1C-46B8-9079-39AEA8F978AF (resized).jpeg
#977 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Not sure I ever posted here. I got my Baby Pac Man last year. I bought it from a friend as part of a package deal with a Data East Simpsons.
These machines belonged to a mutual friend who passed in a motorcycle accident years ago. It was important to me that I get these machines if he ever wanted to pass them on They have a sentimental value to me and I would have hated to see them sold and flipped. If that’s selfish then so be it.
Anyway, I’ve done a lot to Simpsons but not the baby Pac man. Tonight I did LEDs, a good cleaning and new rubbers.
This is one that won’t leave the basement
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks Wonderful
Great Job keeping these games going

I also have games that are sentimental and will stay and hope to live on with my kids down the road

#978 1 year ago

Whats the value on these would you say.

In fair condition, fully functional.

#979 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Whats the value on these would you say.
In fair condition, fully functional.

I've been seeing sale from $1900 - $2500. Not exactly sure of the conditions of the machines on those sales though. This is from Facebook Marketplace so take that for what it's worth.

I got mine under fairly odd circumstances so I can't say what the current range would be.

Chris

#980 1 year ago

I've been seeing sale from $1900 - $2500. Not exactly sure of the conditions of the machines on those sales though. This is from Facebook Marketplace so take that for what it's worth.
I got mine under fairly odd circumstances so I can't say what the current range would be.
Chris

That means the Pinside estimates are in the right range for once.

#981 1 year ago

Anybody put the Yoppsicle LED Sticks in thier Baby Pac-Man? I have a lot of the factory plastic bulb holds are broken and dont work. I had seen these to replace them and was wondering if there was any problems in doing that?

Thanks,

#982 1 year ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

Anybody put the Yoppsicle LED Sticks in thier Baby Pac-Man? I have a lot of the factory plastic bulb holds are broken and dont work. I had seen these to replace them and was wondering if there was any problems in doing that?
Thanks,

Wow, never seen these before. All of my sockets are good but I wouldn't mind doing this to my BPM.

#983 1 year ago

Hello,

Since 1 month proud owner of a BPM.

This topic helpt me allready a lot. tnanks a lot to the community.
Only thing I can not get to work is the sound.
I count 5 slow led and 3 fast and the last with a click. So a total of 9.
Communication is working. same numbers on the screen.
Game works from videogame and switch to pinball. But no sound.
I did a repin, and solder also put in some new ic’s.
Nothing helps. My test button sound does not give 2 blinks.
I really hope someone can help me.

Things i did allready;
recap the vidiot
messure voltage, test the potionmeter.
replace the 3900, zn429e-8, hd6803P, mc6821P, 74LS373N, sn74ls10n, sound rom, Q7 and crystal.

well i am sooooooooooo happy to hear sounds.
i did a new eprom burning at the slowest burn. and replace the Q4 transistor.

meaby i can help somebody with my headbang BPM now cleaning.
wishlist is also do bezel light, and extra lights on the playfield.
i will upload the result.

Greets from Amsterdam

#984 1 year ago
Quoted from gerpin:

Hello,
Since 1 month proud owner of a BPM.
This topic helpt me allready a lot. tnanks a lot to the community.
Only thing I can not get to work is the sound.
I count 5 slow led and 3 fast and the last with a click. So a total of 9.
Communication is working. same numbers on the screen.
Game works from videogame and switch to pinball. But no sound.
I did a repin, and solder also put in some new ic’s.
Nothing helps. My test button sound does not give 2 blinks.
I really hope someone can help me.
Things i did allready;
recap the vidiot
messure voltage, test the potionmeter.
replace the 3900, zn429e-8, hd6803P, mc6821P, 74LS373N, sn74ls10n, sound rom, Q7 and crystal.
Greets from Amsterdam

When I got mine there was no sound. I had to change out the little amp that is on the Vidiot board. Hope this helps

InkedVidiot Board (resized).jpgInkedVidiot Board (resized).jpg
#985 1 year ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

When I got mine there was no sound. I had to change out the little amp that is on the Vidiot board. Hope this helps
[quoted image]

Skatewake, thank you for your reply.
i just updated my post, it works!!! did a new eprom (3th one) burning low speed, and replaced the Q4.

Greets

#986 1 year ago

Anybody have the original coin box for their game? if so, can you post a picture? or if there is one for sale, let me know.

Thanks,

#987 1 year ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

Anybody have the original coin box for their game? if so, can you post a picture? or if there is one for sale, let me know.
Thanks,

I can get a pic when I get home if you need it.

Chris

#988 1 year ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

Thanks,

Photos here:

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Coinbox/Cashbox_Identification_Guide#Hybrid_.28Baby_Pacman_.2F_Granny_.26_The_Gators.29

#989 1 year ago

Thank you ForceFlow and silverUnicorn. Chris if it not much trouble, can you give the messurments of it?

Thanks,

Charles

#990 1 year ago

I’m always looking for them at shows and such, would like a cashbox for my Granny and Baby Pac. I believe Granny uses a different cashbox, however.

#991 1 year ago

I’m always looking for them at shows and such, would like a cashbox for my Granny and Baby Pac. I believe Granny uses a different cashbox, however.

Hoping to find one at the Texas Pinball Festival’s swap meet

#992 1 year ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

Thank you ForceFlow and silverUnicorn. Chris if it not much trouble, can you give the messurments of it?
Thanks,
Charles

No trouble at all. I don’t have the lid though.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#993 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent and thanks

#994 1 year ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

Excellent and thanks

No problem. Let me know if you need anything else.

Chris

#995 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What is that CD jewel-case you have in your coin box?

#996 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

What is that CD jewel-case you have in your coin box?

It has the files the previous owner used to make side art for the game. It at least that’s what I was told when I bought it. It’s a little different than stock.

A6D6D6B9-6145-4F97-A796-1C122C7D7B2C (resized).jpegA6D6D6B9-6145-4F97-A796-1C122C7D7B2C (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#997 1 year ago

Looking for the following (any condition is acceptable if the price fits): Bezel, marquee, both sling plastics.

I am aware you can buy new reproductions, but I figured I'd see what's out there. Shoot me a pm.

#998 1 year ago

Anybody have a communication problem? For some reason i don’t have the numbers even coming up on the screen. Any suggestions?

#999 1 year ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

Anybody have a communication problem? For some reason i don’t have the numbers even coming up on the screen. Any suggestions?

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Baby_Pac-Man#Communications_Test_Problems

#1000 1 year ago

I got my hands on a Baby Pac Man this week. Looks all original but doesn’t work unfortunately. Needs a good cleaning. Seems to be in great shape. From some research I’ve been doing it does suffer from the battery leakage issue on the mpu board. Seems to be isolated to that board only from what I can see. Is there anywhere I can find a good condition as-2518-133? My plan would be to get an original board, and perhaps do a battery relocation kit. If I have to get an Alltek I would but would really like it original. Or if someone know where I can start testing the mpu board that would be a real help as well.

23F70F70-A153-4EEF-BC92-C435F6F96E19 (resized).jpeg23F70F70-A153-4EEF-BC92-C435F6F96E19 (resized).jpeg6AED6BCE-EB00-44D0-98FB-FF4DD16C8507 (resized).jpeg6AED6BCE-EB00-44D0-98FB-FF4DD16C8507 (resized).jpeg95C0899D-CC33-4AE7-814F-C9B5ED5ABE1B (resized).jpeg95C0899D-CC33-4AE7-814F-C9B5ED5ABE1B (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,202 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pacman-clubwaka-waka-waka/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.