IMG_5552.jpeg
IMG_5549.jpeg
IMG_5548.jpeg
IMG_5546.jpeg
IMG_5545.jpeg
IMG_5544.jpeg
IMG_5540.jpeg
IMG_8001 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,202 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 25.
#851 2 years ago
Quoted from Templewd:

Got the lit joystick added
I made do with what I have
I need to add a inch or so on the joystick and a new centering gromet
But it is lit, and works and it’s a leaf switch
[quoted image]

normally i like all original but that looks super cool!!! if you end up figuring out the extra things needed I may end up copying you

#852 2 years ago

oh question guys, Im guessing my cabinet has been altered but are your front and back leg levelers the same size? and if so, are they smaller than the standard pinball and arcade levelers or are they the same?

#853 2 years ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

normally i like all original but that looks super cool!!! if you end up figuring out the extra things needed I may end up copying you

Every time I do something non-original like that thinking it is cool, I end up hating it and having to revert it back to original later... so now I just don't do that anymore. I agree it does look cool though.

#854 2 years ago

Control Panel Lock needs replacement but it’s not a normal size

Seems a touch longer

Can anyone help ?

I had to drill it out as the key was MIA :-/

#855 2 years ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

oh question guys, Im guessing my cabinet has been altered but are your front and back leg levelers the same size? and if so, are they smaller than the standard pinball and arcade levelers or are they the same?

It’s been ages since I looked. I’m pretty sure they should be pinball sized, the cabinet bottom has circles cut out for them. Use the smaller 2inch ones.

#856 2 years ago

It’s the standard size hole, but I believe it’s a deeper lock, I believe 7/8ths

#857 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

It’s been ages since I looked. I’m pretty sure they should be pinball sized, the cabinet bottom has circles cut out for them. Use the smaller 2inch ones.

The back two on my cabinet use the standard size pinball levelers, but the front are smaller and the pinball ones wont fit and Ive had trouble finding smaller levelers...thought maybe it was a standard baby pacman thing.

1 month later
#858 2 years ago

Help! My sound gets mixed up after 5-10minutes of play on my Baby Pac-Man
I've acquired a clean cab in fantastic condition. New MPU boards and I've gone ahead and replaced all the headers. Upon start up it will skip the tune, however, everything passes in the communication test and I get the "ray gun" sound. The game plays perfectly, until about 2-3 games in after the first power-on, the sounds suddenly get mixed up. For example, the sound of the pellets being collected is instead the game start tune. I'm looking for ANY advice that can help narrow down this issue. Does this seem like a trace problem on the vidiot board? Possible capacitor issues? Wrong wiring? What could be most probable and where to look? I've worked my way from the power supply but must be missing something. Thanks for any assistance!

#859 2 years ago
Quoted from mohega8:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"3b0b786b232b3230f5aec12b9abc847656b533ab-1630571594-1800"};
//]]>

I've acquired a clean cab in fantastic condition. New MPU boards and I've gone ahead and replaced all the headers. Upon start up it will skip the tune, however, everything passes in the communication test and I get the "ray gun" sound. The game plays perfectly, until about 2-3 games in after the first power-on, the sounds suddenly get mixed up. For example, the sound of the pellets being collected is instead the game start tune. I'm looking for ANY advice that can help narrow down this issue. Does this seem like a trace problem on the vidiot board? Possible capacitor issues? Wrong wiring? What could be most probable and where to look? I've worked my way from the power supply but must be missing something. Thanks for any assistance!

Are the sound ROMs installed in the correct places?

Are the legs in the sound ROMs clean? If they're tarnished, you can clean them with a pink rubber eraser.

Also keep in mind that ROMs/eproms can fail or fail under certain conditions (such as after they warm up).

Consider replacing any faulty ones.

#860 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Are the sound ROMs installed in the correct places?
Are the legs in the sound ROMs clean? If they're tarnished, you can clean them with a pink rubber eraser.
Also keep in mind that ROMs/eproms can fail or fail under certain conditions (such as after they warm up).
Consider replacing any faulty ones.

Thank you for your prompt response. I've attached pictures for further information. I had the ROMs/eproms replaced where I believe the sound comes from, but still no luck.

4384D512-DA02-438D-87F7-FE44DA18FAF8 (resized).jpeg4384D512-DA02-438D-87F7-FE44DA18FAF8 (resized).jpeg5EF47DA7-C7A0-4094-9B2A-2BB3CEA28501 (resized).jpeg5EF47DA7-C7A0-4094-9B2A-2BB3CEA28501 (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#861 2 years ago

Just had a killer game - my personal best.

E5DA9255-B1A0-4006-AFCB-D7B54FF85670 (resized).jpegE5DA9255-B1A0-4006-AFCB-D7B54FF85670 (resized).jpeg
#862 2 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Just had a killer game - my personal best.
[quoted image]

What do you have it set on that you’re getting way into the millions? I have mine on 3 Baby’s no carry-over except extra baby Target memory.

Do most people put it on 5-ball with carry-over?

#863 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

What do you have it set on that you’re getting way into the millions? I have mine on 3 Baby’s no carry-over except extra baby Target memory.

Do most people put it on 5-ball with carry-over?

No, I have mine set the same way you do - 3 baby's with no extra baby stacking. Keep in mind, I have owned a Baby Pac for many, many years and have been setting the high scores on this table since 2017. You have to develop a strategy to optimize your extra babies, and play amazing pinball and video to get up into the millions. Keep it up, you will get there.

#864 2 years ago

And if you want to see an insane "3 baby" score, check out chuckwurt's HS - over 4MM. EDIT - oops, nevermind. I did not notice but that score was achieved on a 5 baby game. Looks like my newly posted score is the highest 3 baby score on pinside.

#865 2 years ago
Quoted from mohega8:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"09fddebc72e9a3adb74671de351bc476da19cfc4-1641331162-1800"};
//]]>

Bad PIA I think. Replace U7.

1 month later
#866 2 years ago

G'day guys, I love this game but mine is being a real brat. It had been running fairly well for a while but the video would drop out after being on for long periods. I assumed this was due overheating, especially as its quite hot over her in Brisbane.

This morning though i played a game and it all booted fine, but half way through doing the maze the video dropped out. When i reset the game the Vidiot board was failing on the 5th flash (ie 4 good flashes, then fail). From reading online i can see this is a sign that the U10 on the Vidiot board had gone bad. To confirm, the pinball portion of the game appears to be fine, as you hear the solenoids fire at boot up and it proceeds into the attract lighting feature. I removed U10 and gave the prongs a clean in the ultrasonic cleaner and i was able to get it to complete the flashing sequence, however the image was totally stuffed - just squiggly lines.

I continued to work my way through various Eproms and at one point got the game to boot and work ok again, but the video once again failed half way through a maze. Now it will not go past the 5th flash again.

Here in Brisbane there is only really 1 guy that i truely believe has the skillset to repair these things & he actually has another one on site to work on (admittedly, not working also). I do believe he can fix the game no problems, however he requires me to drop the full machine off to him - but also has several month waiting times due to being do in demand - could be without the machine for up to 6 months.

based on what i am writing, does it sound likely i only need to replace U10 on the Vidiot board, or is there likely a plethora of problems going on with the board? Is there any chance of me replacing that U10 and it working? Either way i will still get him to work on the machine once he is ready as i think it could benefit from his skills, but obviously if its working i can still use it & hold off delivery once he is ready to roll and still get some enjoyment out of it.

The game is without a doubt my favourite piece of arcade eye candy in my games room , so i really don't want it gone for a long period if not need be,

#867 2 years ago

It most likely U10 or it’s socket. Any corrosion on the board? U10 often gets hit when the mpu battery leaks. Inspect the socket closely. It probably has some corrosion on some of the pins.

#868 2 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

It most likely U10 or it’s socket. Any corrosion on the board? U10 often gets hit when the mpu battery leaks. Inspect the socket closely. It probably has some corrosion on some of the pins.

I think you are right - when i applied pressure to the U10 and got another person in front of the game i was able to get it working and playing without issue until i unapplied the pressure and it instantly went off

#869 2 years ago

Where can I find a heat sink for the 40pin IC

U8 or U16

Any links are great

#870 2 years ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

I think you are right - when i applied pressure to the U10 and got another person in front of the game i was able to get it working and playing without issue until i unapplied the pressure and it instantly went off

Replace the socket

#871 2 years ago

I'm tasked with installing an overlay for Baby Pacman. Is it necessary to clear the bare wood prior to installation?

#872 2 years ago

what material is on the wood for this cabinet? its not just a normal vinyl sticker right? that yellow feels super cool and different than all my other cabs.

#873 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I'm tasked with installing an overlay for Baby Pacman. Is it necessary to clear the bare wood prior to installation?

I would highly recommend clearing it. I had to put an overlay on mine and it's coming up on 5 years and still going strong. I was told to make it full proof to clear coat it after the overlay is on if you want it to last you for the life of your machine. I did not clear mine after and still very happy with it. Here is mine before and after. I did leave it for probably a week after it was all back together before I rolled a pinball on it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pacman-clubwaka-waka-waka/page/7#post-4074442

#874 2 years ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

what material is on the wood for this cabinet? its not just a normal vinyl sticker right? that yellow feels super cool and different than all my other cabs.

I recall reading somewhere it's a type of laminate they did on this cab as well as some arcade cabinets. There was also someone that was making resto cabs with the laminate years back but no longer available.

#875 2 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

I would highly recommend clearing it. I had to put an overlay on mine and it's coming up on 5 years and still going strong. I was told to make it full proof to clear coat it after the overlay is on if you want it to last you for the life of your machine. I did not clear mine after and still very happy with it. Here is mine before and after. I did leave it for probably a week after it was all back together before I rolled a pinball on it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pacman-clubwaka-waka-waka/page/7#post-4074442

Thank you

#876 2 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

I recall reading somewhere it's a type of laminate they did on this cab as well as some arcade cabinets. There was also someone that was making resto cabs with the laminate years back but no longer available.

oh good enough, let me know if you recall anything more, because ya this laminate is significantly different than anything on any of my other arcades.

#877 2 years ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

oh good enough, let me know if you recall anything more, because ya this laminate is significantly different than anything on any of my other arcades.

I found this old forum thread I saved and this guy restored three arcade cabinets and he re laminated them all. It's the same stuff they use on laminate counter tops. I really want to do this to my BPM at some point as the cab needs some TLC. After putting a Mylar overlay on my BPM never doing it before and it came out great I figure I can't make the cab any worse than it is now as the paint job is terrible. (I didn't paint it). Only problem is I can't do it till our last dog is no longer with us so that's a few years out. She is blind and I can't do any work in the house and the pin is in her safe space. No outside shop so I do everything inside. lol Ok I am rambling here is the thread url.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=150293.0

#878 2 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

I found this old forum thread I saved and this guy restored three arcade cabinets and he re laminated them all. It's the same stuff they use on laminate counter tops. I really want to do this to my BPM at some point as the cab needs some TLC. After putting a Mylar overlay on my BPM never doing it before and it came out great I figure I can't make the cab any worse than it is now as the paint job is terrible. (I didn't paint it). Only problem is I can't do it till our last dog is no longer with us so that's a few years out. She is blind and I can't do any work in the house and the pin is in her safe space. No outside shop so I do everything inside. lol Ok I am rambling here is the thread url.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=150293.0

your a good guy man, poor dog. thanks for the link. and if and when you do decide to give this a whirl, let me know how its goes. my cabinet is still in super good shape except the very bottom is pretty water damaged all the way around, even prevents the t molding from staying put and that bums me out. the last guy had nailed it in which also bummed me out but i now see why he did it.

#880 2 years ago

I have bought these heatsinks and just cut them down to size. Super easy as it is just half and half (half length and half the width).
Cuts easily on bandsaw if you have one. Sand down edges smooth add thermal tape and you are good to go.
If you don't feel it's something you can do just let me know and I'll order some more and cut them down to size for you.

https://www.amazon.com/Antrader-100mm-Aluminum-Heatsink-MOSFET/dp/B07CVVPC7S/ref=pd_day0fbt_1/141-6524031-0447337

3 weeks later
#881 2 years ago

Its ALIVE! After replacing the mpu with a nvrram board, and replacing the sockets on the vidiot board its running now. Still have some switches to adjust, get some new plastics, and an overlay for the playfield since I missed out on a cpr playfield. But I can play it for now. Securing funds is also a battle. LOL

Brian

20220324_182427 (resized).jpg20220324_182427 (resized).jpg20220324_204851 (resized).jpg20220324_204851 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#882 2 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

Might be able to get a run with PDI if there is enough of us willing to buy, they have done custom runs before. (Safecracker, looks like 5-10 minimum orders needed)

Anyone ever pursue the PDI glass for Baby Pac?

1 week later
#883 1 year ago

Bought a new mpu some time ago.I was getting an error message on the screen about 10-15 min after power up withe the old one.
Just installed the new one now.
Can someone confirm that the dip switch settings on my board are correct?
I looked at the document on their website and according to the baby pac man settings ,my dip switches should be correct.

Seems like there is no free play option and when i coin up, the credits does not show on the screen.
Besides that it plays fine. Been powerd on now for about 2 hours.

20220502_220725 (resized).jpg20220502_220725 (resized).jpg20220502_220731 (resized).jpg20220502_220731 (resized).jpg20220502_220934 (resized).jpg20220502_220934 (resized).jpg
#884 1 year ago

Anyone who has the same mpu that can help me out ?

#885 1 year ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Seems like there is no free play option and when i coin up, the credits does not show on the screen.

Download the Baby Pac-Man manual if you don't have it already and adjust the DIP switch settings to the way you want the game configured.

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=125

The credit display is enabled by DIP switch 27. You need to put it in the ON position.
Looks like if you put DIP switch 30 ON, it enables freeplay.

BabyPacMan_DIPSW.pngBabyPacMan_DIPSW.png

#886 1 year ago

I have the same MPU in my Granny n the Gators. Looks like your Game Selection DIP switches are correct for Baby Pac...

#887 1 year ago

Just copied the dip switch settings from the old mpu.
Free play is now on so everything looks ok.

1 month later
#888 1 year ago

Bought a couple of led strips for the lower side of the playfield but need to know where i can hook up the alligator clips on the lamp socket.

I also have a bulb that doesen't light up so i will try and change the diode on the socket.
I read that you could use the 1N4004 diode but i have only 1N4007 on hand so i need to know if that is something i can use instead.

20220609_201557 (resized).jpg20220609_201557 (resized).jpg20220609_201606 (resized).jpg20220609_201606 (resized).jpg
#889 1 year ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

I read that you could use the 1N4004 diode but i have only 1N4007 on hand so i need to know if that is something i can use instead.

There's not problem using a 1N4007 to replace a 1N4004. Difference it that the maximum supported voltage for the 1N4004 is 400 volts while the maximum voltage spec for a 1N4007 is 1000 volts.

#890 1 year ago

Thanks for the info.
Now i just need to know where to hook up the alligator clips

#891 1 year ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Thanks for the info.
Now i just need to know where to hook up the alligator clips

Any tips ?

#892 1 year ago

I hooked mine up to the GI lighting where the 3 sockets are for the slingshots. I soldered mine in just one wire on each side, but you can try to see if your clips will work.

4 weeks later
#893 1 year ago

Hoping someone here could maybe help me out. As shown, I have a ground wire by my left flipper button, and I can’t seem to figure out where I’m supposed to put it. Any thoughts?

658ADC1C-355A-416A-880A-A960051BDA99 (resized).jpeg658ADC1C-355A-416A-880A-A960051BDA99 (resized).jpeg

#894 1 year ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Hoping someone here could maybe help me out. As shown, I have a ground wire by my left flipper button, and I can’t seem to figure out where I’m supposed to put it. Any thoughts?
[quoted image]

Coin door lug?

#895 1 year ago

I don’t think it’s long enough to reach the coin door. I currently attached it to the left speaker but it was more a guess than anything.

#896 1 year ago

I don’t think it’s long enough to reach the coin door. I currently attached it to the left speaker but it was more a guess than anything.

I see wire attached to speaker cover bolts, and screwed down on the small plate that the locking bar for the CPO goes through.

#897 1 year ago

On mine it's attached as shown, to the metal plate where the lock down bar is attached.

IMG_4162 (resized).jpgIMG_4162 (resized).jpg
#898 1 year ago
Quoted from Roborama:

On mine it's attached as shown, to the metal plate where the lock down bar is attached.
[quoted image]

Oh perfect, Thank-you!

#899 1 year ago

Baby pacman people need your help. Had to move my machine into a storage container. Just got it out and it booted right up thank God! But all 5 of the targets at the top all keep going up and down over and over again whether I'm in pinball mode or arcade mode non stop. I've done everything I know how to do which is remove all the connectors and plug them back in on all the boards on the back ha ha. What should I try next to fix this problem?

#900 1 year ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

Baby pacman people need your help. Had to move my machine into a storage container. Just got it out and it booted right up thank God! But all 5 of the targets at the top all keep going up and down over and over again whether I'm in pinball mode or arcade mode non stop. I've done everything I know how to do which is remove all the connectors and plug them back in on all the boards on the back ha ha. What should I try next to fix this problem?

Test the left target (1) switch and the right target (5) switch. If those aren't registering properly, it can cause the target to repeatedly reset.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

There are 1,202 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pacman-clubwaka-waka-waka/page/18?hl=asmig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.