4384D512-DA02-438D-87F7-FE44DA18FAF8 (resized).jpeg
160D8AAB-AED4-4820-AB96-112AC318C0D9 (resized).jpeg
52DEC652-82B1-4B68-AD33-8832AA297E96 (resized).jpeg
A79E17B5-BEA6-448C-A194-095DCE7A66B5 (resized).png
555C1586-A31A-43FE-B13D-10E2A16CAD6E (resized).jpeg
IMG_1643 (resized).jpg
IMG_1992 (resized).JPG
IMG_2048 (resized).JPG

There are 887 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.
#751 1 year ago

Okay so I had monitor issues (monitor came on after it was on for a few minutes, and would shut off midway through game one)

Everyone I talked to said cap kit 100%.

An experienced friend did the cap kit then afterwards the image was collapsed and only showed a dotted vertical line on the screen.

Anyone know what specifically to check to fix that?

Thanks!

#752 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay so I had monitor issues (monitor came on after it was on for a few minutes, and would shut off midway through game one)
Everyone I talked to said cap kit 100%.
An experienced friend did the cap kit then afterwards the image was collapsed and only showed a dotted vertical line on the screen.
Anyone know what specifically to check to fix that?
Thanks!

You're experiencing vertical collapse. If it didn't have that before the cap kit, you'll need to have the chassis looked at again for cold solder joints, damaged traces, or damage caused by the installation of the cap kit (burned / ripped pads, etc)

#753 1 year ago

Thanks. We were thinking the same thing. I understand that there is a whole section of the board related to the horizontal output and another section related to the vertical output.

Should we be concentrating our efforts on the vertical section?

#754 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks. We were thinking the same thing. I understand that there is a whole section of the board related to the horizontal output and another section related to the vertical output.
Should we be concentrating our efforts on the vertical section?

At this point, it sounds like you have high voltage, so yeah - working through the vertical section in general would be good. Overall though, I'd go back through the whole thing and check all the work since you had a good picture before.

Was this a G07 or the K4800? If it's the G07, beware of C302 as it has the polarity silkscreened incorrectly on the parts side of the chassis.

#756 1 year ago

My drop targets are now constantly resetting as soon as you enter pinball mode. I’m assuming that one or more of the leaf switches on the target assembly was bent closed. The switches are all pretty gnarly and I’d like to replace them, but I haven't found a part number for an exact replacement.
Anyone have a part number for these? Or maybe replace with something more sturdy?

#757 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s a 13 inch K4900

K4800 then. The K4900 is 19", which could be part (but likely not all) of the problem if you had a cap kit for a K4900 installed. There's a handful of caps that are different values than the K4800.

2 weeks later
#758 1 year ago

Solved my monitor issue. There was a diode that was said should be replaced with a cap in the cap kit. Put that diode back in and it solved the issue. Thanks for all the help!

#759 1 year ago

I have a Baby Pac playfield that is in very rough condition, not worth saving and will probably just become wall art, so I'm parting it out. If you need parts, let me know.

3 weeks later
#760 1 year ago

Reading thur the whole club theead helped me find the waka waka waka. Thanks for everyone's input.

#761 1 year ago

Anyone here good at repairing Vidiot Boards or could recommend someone? I'm getting 9 flashes.

#762 1 year ago
Quoted from sagejr:

Anyone here good at repairing Vidiot Boards or could recommend someone? I'm getting 9 flashes.

9 flashes is pretty good! The 10th flash verifies the VRAM. I'd start with your RAM chips & make sure there's no corrosion that's dripped down onto the top of the Vidiot from the MPU. Look at the connectors and the sockets on the top row.

2 weeks later
#763 1 year ago

Hello. So..last year I saw an ad in craigslist for a baby pacman 3 days after it was posted. I got ahold of the seller who informed me that his grandmother made him scrap the machine. All he saved was pin playfield monitor bezel and game marquee. No boards. So I said I'd buy what he had. $40 I think. So here is this really rough playfield. The underside is still populated. I think I've got most of the plastics. After looking here I see it used the same board as the grand slam.
So... my noob question is such..can it be made to play as a mini pin with a board if there are available replacements? Can it be a stand alone pin? Or would any sane person just take off all its parts and toss the wooden field?

20201118_172901 (resized).jpg20201118_172916 (resized).jpg20201118_174417 (resized).jpg20201118_174429 (resized).jpg
#764 1 year ago
Quoted from remyjd:

Hello. So..last year I saw an ad in craigslist for a baby pacman 3 days after it was posted. I got ahold of the seller who informed me that his grandmother made him scrap the machine. All he saved was pin playfield monitor bezel and game marquee. No boards. So I said I'd buy what he had. $40 I think. So here is this really rough playfield. The underside is still populated. I think I've got most of the plastics. After looking here I see it used the same board as the grand slam.
So... my noob question is such..can it be made to play as a mini pin with a board if there are available replacements? Can it be a stand alone pin? Or would any sane person just take off all its parts and toss the wooden field?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My post on your other thread answers most those questions. This is junk, but you can easily get one from Rocketland Coin-op. I see you’re in Texas, next time they have a sale I can head over and pick you up one. If the big drop-target bank is taken off, it probably won’t cost a lot to ship the playfield. About $50 or so, I’d think. I shipped a stripped full-sized playfield for $30.

It uses the super common Bally boards of the day. Easy to source. BPM used a slightly modified MPU, not sure if it can be reverted to normal since you’re omitting the monitor.

#765 1 year ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

9 flashes is pretty good! The 10th flash verifies the VRAM. I'd start with your RAM chips & make sure there's no corrosion that's dripped down onto the top of the Vidiot from the MPU. Look at the connectors and the sockets on the top row.

Thanks for the advice. I replaced the RAM chips and the game fully boots now.

#766 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

My post on your other thread answers most those questions. This is junk, but you can easily get one from Rocketland Coin-op. I see you’re in Texas, next time they have a sale I can head over and pick you up one. If the big drop-target bank is taken off, it probably won’t cost a lot to ship the playfield. About $50 or so, I’d think. I shipped a stripped full-sized playfield for $30.
It uses the super common Bally boards of the day. Easy to source. BPM used a slightly modified MPU, not sure if it can be reverted to normal since you’re omitting the monitor.

Cool. Thx for info and help

#767 1 year ago
Quoted from sagejr:

Thanks for the advice. I replaced the RAM chips and the game fully boots now.

You bet Russ. Nice job!

3 weeks later
#768 1 year ago

Its official, a set of triplets! I have a baby pac in my collection, another at my sister's place, and now my brother has the one pictured.

20201212_214211 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#769 1 year ago

Alright finally in this club, been looking for a baby Pacman for awhile and finally found one. It's not working correctly, has a new alltek board in it and Led flashes 7 times on it. Display seems to be working in test mode but doesn't fire up when turning on the machine. Not sure where the Led is on the Vidiot board but I am looking and will take note on how many flashes I get.. Lots of trouble shooting.

#770 1 year ago

7 flashes on the Vidiot board???

#771 1 year ago

I get 10 flashes on vidoit board. The screen is black.

9A64BAC6-4066-4FB5-AF91-C3C7938EC215 (resized).jpeg
#772 1 year ago

When I push the test button on vidoit board colors come up on display.

B085095C-0280-4B57-AFF6-572DC95C6D9A (resized).jpeg
#773 1 year ago

Can you play a game with sounds but blind? Or can you not start a game? 10 flashes on Vidiot means it’s fully operational

#774 1 year ago

Looks like someone messed with this game. Hope these wires are correct on the MPU.

90215CB3-FD67-490D-8635-46929FE77233 (resized).jpegB61DED1C-2784-4B83-B4F7-45F0D5C40AB8 (resized).jpeg
#775 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Looks like someone messed with this game. Hope these wires are correct on the MPU.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The two connectors on the bottom right of the mpu look suspect for sure. One is flipped over. Time to get out the manual to verify wire colors.

#776 1 year ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

The two connectors on the bottom right of the mpu look suspect for sure. One is flipped over. Time to get out the manual to verify wire colors.

Yeah I saw that someone reverse the one which looks strange to me.. Guy said it worked like that years ago..

#777 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

[quoted image][quoted image]

The MPU has nothing to do with the video output, that’s solely on the Vidiot.

#778 1 year ago

The MPU has nothing to do with the video output, that’s solely on the Vidiot.

Okay, I ordered a new power supply for it so waiting to get it. Then I’ll start getting into more.. Thanks!

#779 1 year ago

New PS? Were you not getting proper voltages? Does the MPU not boot to play a game?

#780 1 year ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

New PS? Were you not getting proper voltages? Does the MPU not boot to play a game?

Yeah the guy I bought it from said it wasn’t getting the correct voltage. It’s weird the MPU board flashes 6times, then a faint flash for seven..

#781 1 year ago

I don’t have a manual does anyone know the color wires on the MPU board? Trying to double check the connectors

#782 1 year ago

Here’s mine.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#783 1 year ago

On your MPU board what kind of new connectors are those? This J2 plug is a mess, hard to tell if the colored wires are correct.

51D46AC5-B23F-480F-AD8F-45CAB97EAF57 (resized).jpeg
#784 1 year ago

This game is booting and the wires appear to be in the correct order too. It’s got to be something on the vidoit board

#785 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I get 10 flashes on vidoit board. The screen is black.

My screen would sometimes go black after warming up a bit. Then it would play blind.
TMS9928 chip on vidiot board was overheating starting to fail. It would boot fine (when cold).

I got a new TMS9928 from Arcadeshop and put on a 40pin dip clip on heat sink (NTE448G).
Considered rigging a fan too, but did not.

...not sure if that color test screen would show up though...

#786 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

On your MPU board what kind of new connectors are those? This J2 plug is a mess

dmieczko has original IDC connectors. Your J2 connector has been replaced. One looping wire through the IDC when clipped would result in 2 wires.
What you have going on there is 2 into 1 at each crimp terminal. It does seem to look OK if none of those wires are touching. There's a lot going into that 0.100 connector.

When repining mine I considered tying one wire to the other wire with solder & heat shrink a couple inches away from the connector.
Then crimping only one wire in the terminal.
... but, I think I simply didn't replace the IDC connectors which had a looping through wire.

#787 1 year ago
Quoted from REGNE:

dmieczko has original IDC connectors. Your J2 connector has been replaced. One looping wire through the IDC when clipped would result in 2 wires.
What you have going on there is 2 into 1 at each crimp terminal. It does seem to look OK if none of those wires are touching. There's a lot going into that 0.100 connector.
When repining mine I considered tying one wire to the other wire with solder & heat shrink a couple inches away from the connector.
Then crimping only one wire in the terminal.
... but, I think I simply didn't replace the IDC connectors which had a looping through wire.

Yeah I was thinking the samething. That's a lot going on for a small .1 connector. I've done the same before connecting the wire before the connector. I was just making sure the wires were correct.

2 weeks later
#788 1 year ago

Does anyone know where I can get the slide rails to this game?

1 week later
#789 1 year ago

Anybody know if invisiglass is available for Baby Pac?

#790 1 year ago

My right drop target resets continuously when it is in the up position when the game is in pinball mode. I don't think it does it when it is supposed to be down. I don't see any switches stuck during test, but I haven't dug too deep yet either. Is there a good place to start with this one?

1 week later
#791 1 year ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

Does anyone know where I can get the slide rails to this game?

Slide rails? Do you mean the blocks of wood it sits on? There’s nothing special for this game. Would be nice if there was.

Quoted from alexmogil:

My right drop target resets continuously when it is in the up position when the game is in pinball mode. I don't think it does it when it is supposed to be down. I don't see any switches stuck during test, but I haven't dug too deep yet either. Is there a good place to start with this one?

The bank is constantly resetting? Perhaps a bad diode on the up switch so it is not detecting properly?

#792 1 year ago

The bank is constantly resetting? Perhaps a bad diode on the up switch so it is not detecting properly?

I think it's just that drop target. I'm gonna rip some diodes I think, when I get time during my Elvira restore.

Also my Hurricane blew up.

Feel like Final Destination around my pinball games lately.

1 week later
#793 1 year ago

Can someone tell me the measurments of a Baby Pac Man playfield? Length and width will be enough. Thanks

#794 1 year ago

20.5 inches wide by 23 inches deep I believe. Don’t do metric, so you will have to convert

#795 1 year ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

20.5 inches wide by 23 inches deep I believe. Don’t do metric, so you will have to convert

Thanks!

#796 1 year ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

Anybody know if invisiglass is available for Baby Pac?

Might be able to get a run with PDI if there is enough of us willing to buy, they have done custom runs before. (Safecracker, looks like 5-10 minimum orders needed)

1 week later
#797 1 year ago

Just got my very own baby pac earlier today!! So excited. Definitely plan on reading through this whole forum at some point. As of right now everything basically works which is awesome oh except the coin door lights which is annoying but of all the things I'll take it. Any who so excited to be on team baby pac just have one question... What the heck are the two brackets under the control panel doing that I believe are not connected to anything at all.. Picture provided let me know. Thanks.

Screenshot_20210307-224715_YouTube (resized).jpg
#798 1 year ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

Just got my very own baby pac earlier today!! So excited. Definitely plan on reading through this whole forum at some point. As of right now everything basically works which is awesome oh except the coin door lights which is annoying but of all the things I'll take it. Any who so excited to be on team baby pac just have one question... What the heck are the two brackets under the control panel doing that I believe are not connected to anything at all.. Picture provided let me know. Thanks.
[quoted image]

I believe the brackets are used to hold down the playfield.
pasted_image (resized).png

#799 1 year ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

[quoted image]

Quoted from vec-tor:

I believe the brackets are used to hold down the playfield.
[quoted image]

Agreed. You twist them and they hold the playfield down. Your playfield in the first picture isn’t totally flush yet. I think most people rarely use them.

Also be careful with the lockdown bar. When you’re working on this game, if the playfield touches the lockdown you will blow your fuses. Which explains why when I bought mine the control panel lockdown was removed.

#800 1 year ago

Agreed. You twist them and they hold the playfield down. Your playfield in the first picture isn’t totally flush yet. I think most people rarely use them.
Also be careful with the lockdown bar. When you’re working on this game, if the playfield touches the lockdown you will blow your fuses. Which explains why when I bought mine the control panel lockdown was removed.

Ok thanks guys, makes so much sense.... I didnt even think about it keeping the playfield down because they wherent twisted at all they where just like sitting there confusing me ha ha.
So keep the lockdown bar (which is operated with the key) far away from the playfield if I have the game powered on then right? if its off I should be able to live my life freely right?
Finally if yours didnt have a lock bar what kept the control panel up so that you could play?... speaking of when you go buck wild on the joystick i feel like the lock bar starts to loosen any advice on that front besides not going buckwild of course?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bala Cynwyd, PA
$ 10.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
There are 887 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!