Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jjoravec
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I pulled my Vidiot board out of my Baby Pacman and was bench testing it. I get all the necessary flashes, but I am wondering if I hook up the video will I will able to see anything or do I need the main MPU hooked up as well.

Basically, can I bench test just the Vidiot board and get video output from it.

Thanks

#3 9 years ago

Saw that, and I got the Vidiot board with the 10 blinks, but want to know if I can get video output from just the Vidiot board without having to have the MPU connected. I think the video chips on the vidiot board may be bad.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Saw that, and I got the Vidiot board with the 10 blinks, but want to know if I can get video output from just the Vidiot board without having to have the MPU connected. I think the video chips on the vidiot board may be bad.

Yes.

From Clay's page:

"With power connected, the Vidiot board should flash ten times (flash codes are shown below), and the studder/abbreviated Pacman tune should play during bootup (assuming a speaker is connected to J5). After the ten flashes, pressing SW1 will bring up the either the Communications test (with no Xmit/Rec info), or the color bar test. If the Communications test comes up, press SW1 again for the color bar test. Of course both of these test are useless unless there is a video monitor connected. Pressing SW2 will play a short electronic space sound and the LED will flash two times."

viperrwk

#5 9 years ago

Got it working, seems I was trying to use one of those VGA adapters to connect the Vidiot board to a VGA monitor and it would not work. Hooked it up to the 13 inch arcade monitor and the video worked fine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pacman-bench-testing-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.