Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200223_125544565 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200223_125550164 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200223_125758515 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200223_125600764 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Okay, I have a baby pacman and I also have a stated to be working vidiot board I paid an ungodly sum for from k's arcade and a new Mpu and k's arcade light and driver board. I'm still not getting anything on the recieved and send lines and nothing on the screen until I push the video test button on the vidiot board. Still not getting some of the tests to appear on screen.

Funny thing is, my original board after going through the tests screen would show "free play" at the bottom of the screen and show the pre game baby pac and info screens if moving the joystick left to right, but with the board I just received from k's arcade I get absolutely nothing.

Could I have received a bad board from k's arcade. Of note ALL connectors molex have been redone. There are no connections between Mpu and vidiot that have not been redone by me personally.

Any help is kindly appreciated because if there is something wrong with the vidiot recieved from k's arcade I would like to return it promptly.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Michaelxwhite:

Okay, I have a baby pacman and I also have a stated to be working vidiot board I paid an ungodly sum for from k's arcade and a new Mpu and k's arcade light and driver board. I'm still not getting anything on the recieved and send lines and nothing on the screen until I push the video test button on the vidiot board. Still not getting some of the tests to appear on screen.
Funny thing is, my original board after going through the tests screen would show "free play" at the bottom of the screen and show the pre game baby pac and info screens if moving the joystick left to right, but with the board I just received from k's arcade I get absolutely nothing.
Could I have received a bad board from k's arcade. Of note ALL connectors molex have been redone. There are no connections between Mpu and vidiot that have not been redone by me personally.
Any help is kindly appreciated because if there is something wrong with the vidiot recieved from k's arcade I would like to return it promptly.

Let’s back up to why you bought new boards. Your original boardset the screen/game was effectively dead UNLESS you pressed the joystick left/right and at that point the attract mode would display on the screen?
Did the playfield light normally and sound work normally otherwise?

How many blinks do the K’s arcade boards give you? Are they allegedly plug & play?
I have 3 working Vidiots for my Baby Pac just in case. The MPUs have been giving me issues lately.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Let’s back up to why you bought new boards. Your original boardset the screen/game was effectively dead UNLESS you pressed the joystick left/right and at that point the attract mode would display on the screen?
Did the playfield light normally and sound work normally otherwise?
How many blinks do the K’s arcade boards give you? Are they allegedly plug & play?
I have 3 working Vidiots for my Baby Pac just in case. The MPUs have been giving me issues lately.

K's arcade vidiot board does nothing, no send receive, no reliable test info appears on the test screen when activated by video test button on vidiot board.

My old Mpu got all flashes unreliable at best, so purchased new alltek board. With alltek board and my original vidiot I would still have to push video test on vidiot, but after going through the test it would show free play at the bottom of the screen and after that I would press player one start and the game would go into attract and have the sound like I was playing a game and allow me to switch through attract mode screens while moving the joystick. See pictures attached.

K's vidiot board at a cost of $500 does nothing except sometimes display "lamp test" during test, and sometimes "coin slot" and "high score" in test mode with coin door switch.

I believe this to be a defective vidiot board as it gets 10 flashes but won't go past test into attract like my original vidiot I replaced all pertinent ic chips and u9-u12, u6, u7, u8, u16

IMG_20200223_125550164 (resized).jpgIMG_20200223_125550164 (resized).jpgIMG_20200223_125600764 (resized).jpgIMG_20200223_125600764 (resized).jpgIMG_20200223_125758515 (resized).jpgIMG_20200223_125758515 (resized).jpgIMG_20200223_125544565 (resized).jpgIMG_20200223_125544565 (resized).jpg
#4 4 years ago

The playfield worked normally and the sound worked normally. I replaced the vidiot to have a spare and compare a supposed known working vidiot with my original to diagnose with a probe.

#5 4 years ago

K's arcade are plug and play; at least, I would hope so for $500.00

#6 4 years ago

Based on the video image corruption, I would guess that you might have one or more bad video RAM chips on the vidiot board.

#7 4 years ago

Call up K’s arcade and see what he says.
How unfortunate if you do have bad RAM right off the bat, but he will make things right if that’s the case.

Consider joining the club too!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pacman-clubwaka-waka-waka

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Based on the video image corruption, I would guess that you might have one or more bad video RAM chips on the vidiot board.

These images are of my original board, the k's arcade board does nothing. The k's arcade board doesn't communicate at all, nothing.

#9 4 years ago

Could a playfield issue cause no communication?

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Michaelxwhite:

Could a playfield issue cause no communication?

I’m pretty sure the Vidiot would give you video even without the playfield hooked up properly

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I’m pretty sure the Vidiot would give you video even without the playfield hooked up properly

In that case, I believe I received a bad vidiot from k's arcade, couldn't be anything else.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pacman-?hl=michaelxwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.