You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3447 (resized).PNG
IMG_3446 (resized).JPG
IMG_3445 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Asmig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

Have you verified 5v on the vidiot at TP2? Since you've already tested the socket and chips verify its getting the voltage it needs.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The thought was that if the capacitors aren't in good shape, it make take them longer to charge up to the expected 5v, which might be causing a delay for the reset signal on boot.

If he tries a manual reset after powering up that would prove that issue if he gets an instant test sequence, correct?

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Good idea.
I would assume should be able to force a reset on the vidiot board, but I'm not sure which pins on the 6809 CPU at U8 would need to be shorted to do a manual reset, like on the pinball MPU. Pin 37 is for the reset signal on the 6809. I'm guessing you would need to short that to ground momentarily to drop the reset signal to low momentarily, then after releasing, it would go high again and go through a reset.

If he hits TP4 that should reset U8, U7, U16, and U27 all at once.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from titus:

I still had the delay. I should have the new chip tomorrow. I will see how that affects the operation.

Quoted from jj44114:

If you have a three second pause before any flashes I’m pretty sure you are not getting the first and second flashes. Most likely a problem with U27 or U29, or their sockets.

Based on that and your audio issue I'd agree take a look at U27

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from titus:

I installed the new 6803 tonight. It had no affect. Still have the delay before the flash. And only getting the seven flashes. I tried the reset again (tp4 to ground ) with the same result . I double checked the sockets and the traces. All good. I'm curious about the EPROMs.how often they go bad and how to diagnose if that's the issue??

Check the condition of crystal Y3 above the sound MPU, its possible you're not getting a clock circuit. Do you have a logic probe?

#52 6 years ago

Try following the path of pin 40 out of U27, test pin 5 of U31 (74LS10 chip, could be failed) and then test pin 6 of U31 and then pin 22 of U29

#54 6 years ago

Great, try the same for U19-U26

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Asmig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pac-vidiot-7-flashes?tu=Asmig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.