3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by remyjd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201118_174429 (resized).jpg
    20201118_174417 (resized).jpg
    20201118_172901 (resized).jpg
    20201118_172916 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Hello. So..last year I saw an ad in craigslist for a baby pacman 3 days after it was posted. I got ahold of the seller who informed me that his grandmother made him scrap the machine. All he saved was pin playfield monitor bezel and game marquee. No boards. So I said I'd buy what he had. $40 I think. So here is this really rough playfield. The underside is still populated. I think I've got most of the plastics. After looking here I see it used the same board as the grand slam.
    So... my noob question is such..can it be made to play as a mini pin with a board if there are available replacements? Can it be a stand alone pin? Or would any sane person just take off all its parts and toss the wooden field?

20201118_172901 (resized).jpg20201118_172901 (resized).jpg20201118_172916 (resized).jpg20201118_172916 (resized).jpg20201118_174417 (resized).jpg20201118_174417 (resized).jpg20201118_174429 (resized).jpg20201118_174429 (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago
    Quoted from remyjd:

Can it be a stand alone pin? Or would any sane person just take off all its parts and toss the wooden field

They make overlays for the play field but without the full game I would scrap it and take the parts off. Join the Baby Pac man club here on pinside and ask.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from remyjd:

Hello. So..last year I saw an ad in craigslist for a baby pacman 3 days after it was posted.

I'd save it all, like suggested you can add an overlay on the PF itself. CPR made a small run of replacements as well. That way if/when you find a game, you'll have a descent playfield to put in. Would be difficult to make a stand alone, parts alone would cost you near the same as a whole game (not including the cab). The vidiot board itself usually cost 200 bucks or more.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from remyjd:

Hello. So..last year I saw an ad in craigslist for a baby pacman 3 days after it was posted. I got ahold of the seller who informed me that his grandmother made him scrap the machine. All he saved was pin playfield monitor bezel and game marquee. No boards. So I said I'd buy what he had. $40 I think. So here is this really rough playfield. The underside is still populated. I think I've got most of the plastics. After looking here I see it used the same board as the grand slam.
    So... my noob question is such..can it be made to play as a mini pin with a board if there are available replacements? Can it be a stand alone pin? Or would any sane person just take off all its parts and toss the wooden field?
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

No. That playfield is garbage. Looks water damaged too. Rocketland Coin-op has literally a dozen extra Baby Pac-Man playfields from fair to excellent condition. They were selling for $75-$150.
    You’re missing the other half of the plastics, and my guess would be that machine was severely water damaged long ago, so it’s sad that a BPM was destroyed, but not much was lost. You should still be able to find a complete game, 90% of the time they don’t work (Vidiot board failed or RAM went bad), and they’re usually under 1k.

It cannot be stand-alone. It would need new code.
    The monitor is almost IMPOSSIBLE to source. If you had that you’d be in the money for sure.

Wall hanger for now. There’s a guy on here also trying to make Baby Pac-Man a stand-alone mini-pin, you’ll need to figure out a method to display the score since everything was done via the monitor.

#5 3 years ago

Ok to bad. Thx all

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pac-pinfixable and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.