(Topic ID: 227345)

Baby Pac Man No Sound and other issues.

By JT-Pinball

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JT-Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I am working on a Baby Pac Man. This game has not ran in 20 years or so. I have fixed the issue with the rectifier and repined the MPU and a few connectors and got the game to boot. Game will pass communications test, Lamp test, and Solenoid test.
But the left flipper will not stop machine gunning when I push the left flipper button. EOS seems good and tight and both flipper have good power.
I also have no sound. Vidiot flashes 10 times. One speaker is blown took it out. Other speaker works when I hook a battery to it. I have continuity to the remote volume control. Amp chip go bad often?
Colors on this act a little weird specially after adjusting the sync pot. Just replace the pots seems to be the answer unless there is something I missed?
Game will not hold credits after being turned off. Battery was not on MPU and MPU is clean. But they never put a remote batter on this either. Can I use NVRam?

Thanks All

#2 5 years ago

Ordered a new flipper coil. The one machine gunning is the wrong size. It had also broken the stop. Once I get it out for a broken a wire in the coil.

#4 5 years ago

Checked the caps, the 1K is looks way out. I have new ones for both so I will just replace them. I also ordered new Trimmers for the Video side. Or should say was attempting to when I noticed GPE was closed. Hope he opens soon. I will order a new one for the audio too.

I assume that I can just hook up a speaker to the output on the Vidiot. Should make testing simple.

#5 5 years ago

Went ahead and replaced all caps on the sound part of the Vidiot. The 1K cap was out of spec but the pot on the cabinet was shot replaced it. Got sound now. Yeah!
But now it fails the communication test. It will not go into communication test with door test button. Just when it is pushed on the board. Door button scrolls thru other menus. When it does go into communication test it scrolls numbers on both sides?

#8 5 years ago

Thanks JJ44114 and Isochronic_Frost! The chart in Pinwiki was helpful.

It turned out to be the connector on the MPU at J2. I replaced the male on the MPU but not the IDC. It worked until I had to take the Vidiot out to fix the sound. Must have bumped it enough to cause it to fail. As they say connectors connectors...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JT-Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pac-man-no-sound-and-other-issues?tu=JT-Pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.