(Topic ID: 322766)

baby pac-man game wont boot doesnt appear to be a board issue?

By quantumjosh

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1A4BA84C-ED1B-4EFF-9793-2D8C2488A89F (resized).jpeg
43BEE0DB-7812-4A21-887D-A8D9F484F92E (resized).jpeg
IMG_8473 (resized).jpg
IMG_8472 (resized).jpg
IMG_8471 (resized).jpg
IMG_8468 (resized).jpg
IMG_8470 (resized).jpg
IMG_8469 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

ok so here's whats going on. i was working on the cabinet and also took apart the playfield to install an overlay. when i went to turn it back on i get the intro music and solenoid click but no image on the screen. The lights are flashing in a sequence but its not the correct sequence for baby pac-man attract mode ie letters blink out of order. then when i press player 1 or 2 i just get F and T flashing and no game start.
I pulled driver board, MPU board and vidiot board and tried it in my good pac-man game and they all work. I'll mention also when i turned the game on the first time it blew out transistor 23 on the driver board and did the same when i put another driver board in.
I can run the video test and sound test from the vidiot board and get clear image.

Out of ideas i took a look at the rectifier board and there is a small chip on one of the white circuits (dont know the name for this) can't imagine thats the issue but maybe?
any suggestions or see this kind of issue? took a video but can't upload it here. TYIA!!

IMG_8468 (resized).jpgIMG_8468 (resized).jpgIMG_8469 (resized).jpgIMG_8469 (resized).jpgIMG_8470 (resized).jpgIMG_8470 (resized).jpgIMG_8471 (resized).jpgIMG_8471 (resized).jpgIMG_8472 (resized).jpgIMG_8472 (resized).jpgIMG_8473 (resized).jpgIMG_8473 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago
Quoted from quantumjosh:

ok so here's whats going on. i was working on the cabinet and also took apart the playfield to install an overlay. when i went to turn it back on i get the intro music and solenoid click but no image on the screen. The lights are flashing in a sequence but its not the correct sequence for baby pac-man attract mode ie letters blink out of order. then when i press player 1 or 2 i just get F and T flashing and no game start.
I pulled driver board, MPU board and vidiot board and tried it in my good pac-man game and they all work. I'll mention also when i turned the game on the first time it blew out transistor 23 on the driver board and did the same when i put another driver board in.
I can run the video test and sound test from the vidiot board and get clear image.
Out of ideas i took a look at the rectifier board and there is a small chip on one of the white circuits (dont know the name for this) can't imagine thats the issue but maybe?
any suggestions or see this kind of issue? took a video but can't upload it here. TYIA!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Checked for shorts on the playfield?

#3 1 year ago

i did some more trouble shooting and go the screen going i think i have a wiring issue at J1 on the MPU board.. solenoids aren't firing though now so on to the next thing

#4 1 year ago

There is a wiring hack on the MPU connector that needs to be addressed. That's where I would start.

#5 1 year ago

the left flipper had been wired up wrong that seemed to be causing the left kick out to short and other issues in fact someone had replaced that right kick out solonoid probably trying to find this crazy error i compared it against my good bp

1A4BA84C-ED1B-4EFF-9793-2D8C2488A89F (resized).jpeg1A4BA84C-ED1B-4EFF-9793-2D8C2488A89F (resized).jpeg43BEE0DB-7812-4A21-887D-A8D9F484F92E (resized).jpeg43BEE0DB-7812-4A21-887D-A8D9F484F92E (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 199.95
1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pac-man-game-wont-boot-doesnt-appear-to-be-a-board-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.