View topic image gallery

IMG_5067 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5066 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5064 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5063 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5062 (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

Wow baby pacman always has something to service.. finally got the vidiot board going now heres whats up - was working this morning, left game on for a couple hours accidentally then came back went to start game and go to pinball outhole kicks but flippers and left & right saucer wont kick. went to the back of the cabinet to the driver board where the wiring for saucers and flippers go in tried unplugging/cleaning connection turned game on and actually got the solenoids firing again for a few shots but then they all went dead again. tried it a few more times once or twice got some solenoid movement but then nothing.
Manual says replace driver board (A3) and if that doesnt work to replace MPU board (A4). Is there a component or IC module on either of these boards I can try swapping out to resolve this issue before buying a whole new board?
The driver board is probably original I had to change a bunch of transistors recently to get the lights all working correctly.. the MPU board is a fairly new allteck board so I guess I suspect A3 over A4.

I also verified continuity to all the solenoid switches as well so its not a loose wire although im not ruling out a short in one of the solenoid wiring either..

Any advice here is most appreciated!

IMG_5062 (resized).jpegIMG_5062 (resized).jpegIMG_5063 (resized).jpegIMG_5063 (resized).jpegIMG_5064 (resized).jpegIMG_5064 (resized).jpegIMG_5065 (resized).jpegIMG_5065 (resized).jpegIMG_5066 (resized).jpegIMG_5066 (resized).jpegIMG_5067 (resized).jpegIMG_5067 (resized).jpeg
#2 1 year ago

1 more symptom i went back to check it out again after a while and it played good for a few minutes then the flippers cut out and the the saucer worked but only weekly then they all went put. made me wonder if theres like a power supply issue on the driver board is that possible? but the outkicker and drop target reset is fine

#3 1 year ago

Have you re-flowed the solder to the header pins on the driver board? Connector problems are *very* common on those driver boards...

Also, do you know if the big capacitor on the driver board is original or not? Perhaps a couple more pics of the front and back of the driver board will help if you continue to have trouble.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from quantumjosh:

Manual says replace driver board (A3) and if that doesnt work to replace MPU board (A4)

Don't pay any attention to that. That's for back when the games were still under warranty. It's not really a practical approach now for every problem that surfaces.

Quoted from quantumjosh:

it played good for a few minutes then the flippers cut out and the the saucer worked but only weekly then they all went put.

Can you show photos of the flipper mechs with the EOS switches in view?

#5 1 year ago

i reseated several more connectors and swapped the fuse at 1a looks like it was a three. played for a while and also let it sit the problem hasnt returned yet

#6 1 year ago

Mine is having similar issues. Mostly the flippers get a little weird and don’t work. I like the advice on flowing the connectors on the driver board. I need to do that. Pretty sure my large cap is original too. Probably need to replace it

#7 1 year ago

i reseated all the connections on the driver board and mpu and havent had the issue since

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pac-man-flipper-solenoids-amp-saucer-solenoids-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.