Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BigAl56
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

My EOS switches were both pretty well cashed so I swapped them both for brand new ones. Now everytime I hit the flipper the playfield lights flash/flicker. It was never like that.

If I hold the ball in the right flipper for a bit, I can actually see distortion in the video monitor like there's a degaussing coil nearby.

Any ideas of what this could be? Game plays fine otherwise.

Could old coils that still seem to work fine be the cause?

Thanks!

#2 1 year ago

Most ballys I've played cause the GI to dim when the flippers are fired. There's no filter cap on the lamp supply, so it'd be sorta hard for them not to.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Most ballys I've played cause the GI to dim when the flippers are fired. There's no filter cap on the lamp supply, so it'd be sorta hard for them not to.

The only catch is it didn't do it until I replaced the EOS switches last night....

#4 1 year ago

If you really wanted to be sure, you could reinstall the old eos switches. Not that i would recommend doing that, but it's an option.

I don't know enough to say for sure, but i imagine if the old eos were that bad they weren't passing much current. Now that you've got new switches in there, it's a much more conductive path leading to more juice making it's way through the flipper circuits (and pulling down some of the current from some of the other circuits)...just as zacaj said nearly all pins have a slight GI-dimming that happens when activating the flippers.

Only other things i could suggest would be to double check all your solder joints and wiring where you were working. Also, has the power supply board been rebuilt at any point?

Are the flippers substantially stronger with the new switches?

#5 1 year ago

How are you adjusting the EOS? You need to push in the flipper plunger with your finger and not turn the flipper it'self. Push in on the plunger and the EOS should open at about 80% of stroke. Make sure the EOS is wired correctly. It should be shorting out the high resistance winding until triggered.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside