(Topic ID: 64062)

Baby Pac-Man... and other thoughts for a pin in a tight space?

By 27dnast

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Marc
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20130919_211829.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 years ago

Most owners will defend this title to the bitter end and I'm no different. Game is very addicting and competitive, definitely worth giving it a chance in my opinion.

#15 10 years ago

After you get it running as Viper mentioned, connectors connectors connectors. Do the connectors between the Vidiot and the MPU, it will take care of a lot of the flakiness Baby-Pacs are known for.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Check this one out:
Ebay link
Would I be crazy to buy this? Makes me a bit nervous that a lot of bad things could be going on...

I think that is a little steep, I usually like to stay at a $400 top end for a clean dead Baby-Pac. Now, take into consideration I can fix the game on my own nickel. If you don't have the expertise to go through the boards I wouldn't buy it. You'd be better off spending your money on a working example. By the time you pay someone to go through it you could very well be at what it would cost you to just buy one that is turn key.

#26 10 years ago

If we are going to bring ICB into the mix you have to look at the 1952 Bally Skill Roll. Both are awesome upright skill games with tons of replay value.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Good advice... but I was hoping that wasn't the answer! .... there is one locally that would be turn-key. But I'm looking at a grand for it. Seems like a lot.
I know Safecracker is a good one, but not so good for me, budget-wise.

A grand in my opinion is a very fair price if the cosmetics are good. I usually get $1200-1500 when I sell one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
$ 85.00
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pac-man-and-other-thoughts-for-a-pin-in-a-tight-space?tu=Marc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.