Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by rai
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

hi folks which gameplay/ rulesheet do you like more? b66 or jo premium? why?

best regards ralf

#2 2 years ago

JP gets my vote for the immersive feeling of chasing a dinosaur around the playfield and saving humans.

dinosaur playfield toy is much more exciting than the round-a-bout.

everything you hit has an awesome noise like a giant banging door echoing into a canyon

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from flipper73:

hi folks which gameplay/ rulesheet do you like more? b66 or jo premium? why?
    best regards ralf

I just bought JP premium and plan on buying BM66 next (if I can get one).

They’re both great rules. I’m super into rules now and both have a lot of depth and breadth. Both have main modes (paddocks on JP and major Villain modes on BM66) that are kind of safe because they continue running between balls. JP is interesting because the paddock dinos give unique power ups or bonuses. BM66 has the minor Villians to give these (even more powerful bonuses).

I’d give BM66 the slight edge because of the minor Villians and the stacked modes you can pick one to be on the main display with the others running in the background on smaller windows.

JP has a better layout imo.

#4 2 years ago

I would say bm66 has the much better asset integration which to me is part of code. I think JP has a more unique code structure that is very elegantly integrated into the playfield design.

#5 2 years ago

Poll needed

#6 2 years ago

I have got both.
    Two big games!
    BM66 have a lot of strategy. However, the start of the game is often the same! Bookworm + Mr Freeze... After, or if you fail, it's better.
    JP is more varied. But the shoots are more difficult!

#7 2 years ago

I think JP has a better layout, Four ramps inner loop, Raptor pen it’s fairly packed with shots.

#8 2 years ago

I think Batman 66 has more stuff to see and do, although it does heavily reward someone going for Bookworm/Mr Freeze to the point they may not mess around some of the other minor villains.

The map on JP is neat, but since the rewards are the same and the path only has so many permutations. I think it gets a bit overrated with how different each playthrough really is.

Batman 66 asset integration has the clear edge over JP. I think the sound effects and music are generally better as well.

JP has more interesting shots, and is a bit harder to shoot. Batman 66 shots are mostly easy and it can be a long player if you don't really play out the penguin modes when it pulls out the dangerous crane shots.

#9 2 years ago

thank you for your replies. any further statements?

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from flipper73:

thank you for your replies. any further statements?

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from ezeltmann:

you can do this

That’s awesome!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/b66-jp-premium-which-gameplay-rulesheet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.