(Topic ID: 150609)

B and C list games that earn better than expected

By desertT1

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have a location that I share with a friend of mine. We each have 4 games. He has; Laser Ball, Bride of Pinbot, Hook, and Whirlwind. I have; Diner, Ice Fever, Super Mario Bros, Police force.

I think Nate and many others have cast Mario to the D list, but it's my best earning machine. Depending on the month, it's also #1 or #2 overall out of the 8. Here are my %'s for the last 10 weeks, which is when all 4 machines were out at the same time.

Diner: 22.01%
Ice Fever: 20.91%
Mario: 31.60%
Police Force: 25.47%

I host a league and a head to head event there just about every month, and with those two, everything is split 25/25/25/25, so those events are not likely to be influencing these numbers. The sway comes from casual players. Mario is the only themed machine that they would recognize, so I don't have a question as to why it works for me. My question is, for those who have machines in the wild, what games earn better than you expected and what do you think causes that for you specifically?

#2 8 years ago

I dont have any stats, but I primarily like B and C listers on a personal level and am looking forward to sharing more of them on route in the coming year.

I can say that by and large many players absolutely LOVE Bally Atlantis. It took many a while to learn the love but now it is one of the more requested games. (may also be that is it only .50 )

At our 1 location with lots of casual players, Baywatch and SouthPark gets love as expected. Whom doesn't like boobs and naughtly cartoons...

#3 8 years ago

South Park is pretty much the shining example of this situation. I'd love to snag one, but the two in my state that I know are for sale are either overpriced, or the seller never responds to anyone when he lists games.

Baywatch is a curious one to me. I am in full agreement, bewbs are awesome. But is it something that players would like long term? I only have a few games on one and it seemed fun, and lots going on with the skill shot wire forms. My location is at a roller hockey/indoor soccer facility and not sure how the crowds would take to Baywatch.

#4 8 years ago

Hard to tell but another operator tought me early on to think of every game as an equation for route.

Total cost of game (base plus cost to get route ready plus time value in prepping it) minus value of game if you were to sell it in the future and then look at possible earnings.

Baywatch is one of those games that was worth taking the risk on for me and it turned out I REALLY like the game.

In general it is also going up in price, so even though I spent 1100 on it and then dropped another 500 to get it route ready, I could still likely sell it for more than it cost me at any point in the future which is a plus.

As it turns out the casual people like it and the players that have given it a chance have found it to be a fun and challenging title to do well on.

It would still take a long time to pay it off after accounting for operating costs and time investment but it has consistently held its own against other titles, including A listers and new games that cost 3 or 4 times what BW did and will likely be worth less if I ever sold them in the future.

#5 8 years ago

Other titles that have done much better than expected include Tee'd Off and CBW.

I ahve found these tables are a good theme that casual people dont find intimidating. The hard core players that appreciate different decks tend to grow in to these GTB games over time once they realize there is more to the ruleset that meets the eye at first glance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 22.50
$ 1.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/b-and-c-list-games-that-earn-better-than-expected and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.