Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by HowardR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I recently acquired a Williams Aztec. I got it working pretty good except it will randomly reset the game before the game is over just as if the start button had been pushed. The gap on the start button is fine. This mostly happens at ball or player changes, but sometimes just during play. It occurs in both single player and multi player games. Any help on what to look for would be appreciated.

#2 6 years ago

Check your coin switches on the coin door.

Check also the reset/start relays, possible a switch in there needs to be gapped.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks.

I did unplug the harness coming from the coin door at the jones plug to eliminate that..still happened.

I haven't messed with any relay switches yet though. I'll be hunting.

#4 6 years ago

Intermittent problems are some of the hardest because you're never sure whether they're fixed. You don't say how often it self resets, so I'll assume it's often enough that we can run some diagnostic tests. According to page 5 of the manual, one major pathway for reset is through the Credit unit End of stroke switch. So

1. start a new game
2. put a piece of paper in that switch between the contacts that are connected to the Red&Brown and Green&White wires.
3. play the game
4. take step 2 paper out
5. Repeat steps 1 to 4 until you're pretty sure it's not going to reset.

Let me know what you find and we can move forward one step in the diagnosis. If we're lucky, adjusting that switch will be all it needs.

#5 6 years ago

Thanks HowardR!!!

That's exactly what it was I think. It looked way too close. I just gapped it and played a few games. No problems. I couldn't get thru one game before. Saved me a lot of time..thanks again.

#6 6 years ago

Glad I could help. Thanks for the upvote.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Saint Petersburg, FL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aztec-resets-game-randomly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.