Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Stretch7
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stretch7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Ok here is what i know so far

When ball drains the bonus counter will step down counting out bonus but it does not register in scoring then bonus hits the eos that will trigger the outhole relay to step up the ball count but it dosent register.

so what i have noticed if i manually hold the ball index relay after the ball drains it counts and applies bonus and advances ball. So what seems to happen is when the score motor moves after ball drain it will release the ball index relay and wont count or advance ball. some how that needs to stay energized at end of ball but it wont.
After going through all relays and score motor to make sure everything was cleaned and open/closed at it should be i came to a conclusion ....there is a certain switch on cam 4 switch E that holds lock to ball index.... so i adjusted this so that it is always closed either when it is up or down.
Great it works everything works ...Until i get extra ball so now because ball index is shorted to always energize the extra ball keeps staying on...Dang so my plan didn't work.

Ok now i ask upon some EM guru's as to what i am missing...I'am new to the EM world but do have some knowledge of schematics and i figured i have tried and tested all options associated with this issue.
Any Ideas?

#3 9 years ago

OK I double checked switches at outhole relay and all are good.

What happens is the score motor kicks in as soon as the ball hits outhole which i think its supposed to do? and shortly after score motor turns its releases ball index relay(im assuming because 4E is dis enganged for a split second) then after counting bonus(but wont score it) it will energize outhole and shoot ball into shooter lane.

#5 9 years ago

OK i just did that and it did release after score motor turned.
i will look further into outhole .... and see what i can find out..maybe ill pull it right out.
ill post back in a bit with results

#6 9 years ago

OK i checked into it and didn't find anything ...was able to do a continuity test with it when cam was in a certain position. I know contacts are working, double checked a few other relays/switches while i was at it.
It seems like the outhole relay is keeping it pulled in because when i hit the center target in game that engages the score motor and i can see it will let go for a split second and then re-pull it in.

Only when the outhole switch is engaged then the score motor kicks on from the bonus relay i believe and then after a short turn of score motor the ball index relay will release.

Im not to sure what else to check as i am stumped.
Open to any knowledge/suggestions

Thank you

#8 9 years ago

I have continuity from hold switch on ball index relay to the the outhole relay hold switch without paper in 4E. I have no continuity with paper in.
Same goes for yellow common and hold switch on outhole relay
I have continuity with yellow common and ball index relay regardless of paper in or out.

#9 9 years ago

Ignore last answer

From Ball Index Relay 1A(Hold circuit to this relay) to Outhole Relay 1D(hold circuit to ball index relay)
I read 28 volts and No continuity when ball index Not pulled in
I read 0 volts and Have continuity when ball index Is pulled in

From Ball Index Relay 1A to Outhole Relay Yellow common
I get 29 volts and No continuity when ball index Not pulled in
I get 0 volts and Have continuity when ball index pulled In
i get same results when i use Outhole 1D and Outhole yellow common

I believe this is what you were asking?

#10 9 years ago

bump for anyone that might be able to help

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballdaveh:

ok try this. with the paper in 4E take a voltage reading from black common to the yellow on the outhole relay NC switch, then to the other blade on the NC switch that goes to the ball index relay.

32 v from black common to yellow on outhole
28 v from black common to outhole blade D(the one that connects to ball index)

#14 9 years ago

It works!!
Phsivcally counts bonus and advances balls
I have cleaned that switch a couple times already and even after you mentioned voltage shouldn't drop between leafs it clued in ohh ya hey that the same switch Duh..anyways i filed it good again and was reading 18 volts hmmmm...filed some more only alot harder this time and woolah! it works.
I cant believe it was a dirty switch this whole time.

Thank you so much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Saint Petersburg, FL
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stretch7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aztec-not-counts-bonus-but-dosent-reflect-in-score-and-ball-will-not?tu=Stretch7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.