• Latest reply 9 years ago by Pin-it
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

T-Z.JPG
Aztec z-t.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n1teowl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

This is probably very specific to an Aztec machine, but here goes. The targets A-Z-T-E-C light the corresponding lights in the upper right lane. With one of the targets, 'T', both the T and the Z light up in the upper right lane. The point values it assigns, however, act as if the Z wasn't lit. When I light the Z up after the fact, then the points for the Z are applied. It doesn't really affect game play, but it's hard to tell if the Z is really lit or not. Each switch has a wire coming in and out to provide power, and two other wires going in of different colors (one on the end of the switch and one on the side). Not sure how to proceed at this point, it's just kind of odd behavior and nothing looks obviously wrong. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

#3 9 years ago

Thanks Dono, I'll check those connections out and see if anything looks strange. It might be hard to know though, as once the wires come off the switches they end up in a giant bundle of wires.

#6 9 years ago

Awesome - thanks so much. I will check this out this weekend and see what I can figure out.

#7 9 years ago

Alright, haven't fixed it yet, but have been making some progress. I identified the swtich that you circled above Pin-it. Nothing seemed obviously wrong and I traced the wires back to figure out which lights they were lighting, etc. It didn't seem to make any sense to me for the yellow-orange wire to be there. When I blocked the make and break switch with a business card, the extra 'Z' light no longer turned on. I thought I should see what would happen when I disconnected that wire so I desoldered it. I now noticed that the two double bonus lights were now not turning on. They are supposed to light up when either "Z' or "T" targets are hit. I resoldered the wire and saw that things were back to the way they were (extra "Z" light coming on when "T" was hit). I did notice something else strange, though, something that I might have missed before. When you hit the "Z" target the double bonus lights come on as they should. When the "T" target is hit, however, those lights don't come on. It might have always been this way and I didn't notice. It almost seems like the wires are not attached correctly. It's like the "T" target triggers the wrong light - "Z" instead of the two double bonus lights. Might these be swtiched somehow? If so, what should I disconnect and where should I reconnect it? The mystery deepens...

#9 9 years ago

It's really strange, I investigated that relay and see nothing wrong at all. All of the switches are working properly, it almost seems like something was miswired from the beginning. Not sure what to try next but am open to suggestions. Thanks again for your help so far.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ashburn, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n1teowl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aztec-machine-lighting-extra-lights?tu=n1teowl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.