Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aAztec-pinside-1_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hello!

Now dealing with a Williams' Aztec. This pin has been very good until last night, it went berserk. LOL!

I usually play my pins on a 4-player mode (so I can keep all the parts moving) well, last night after finishing a 4-player game (4th player 3rd ball drained) I started a new game but only for one player this time, at the moment the last ball was drained, the machine reseted itself back to zero, ball 1, player 1 without me pressing any button.... tried to add more players and couldn't (had credits available) finished the game and the same, once 3rd ball drained, reseted to zero, ball 1, player 1... I might have played 10 games like these hoping that a relay/switch went out of place briefly but no... nothing happened.

Any idea on why this pin wants to keep being played?

Many thanks!

~ja

#2 7 years ago

Hi uj
I do not know - I am guessing and asking questions and hope: "can narrow down on the problem(s)".

Your pin was functioning (well, You have always played a 4-player game). Starting a 1-player game You could play to (3rd) last ball. You have lost the ball - questions: Did the pin counted down the Bonus-Ladder to Zero ? For a short moment You had "Game-Over Light lightet in the Backbox" ? Then the pin started itself a new 1-player game. You played that game - ball-1, ball-2, ball-3 and now my same questions (Bonus-Ladder ? GO-Light ?). You played many such games - in the end You gave up - so You had to toggle-off "in the middle of a game" ?

By now, You cannot start a Multi-Player-Game - pressing the "Replay-Button" does nothing (?).
Please locate the Coin-Unit (usually next to Ball-Count-Unit, usually in the cabinet) --- can You manually step-up the Coin-Unit to 2-, 3-, 4-player game ? and the play ?

What exactly happens at end of last ball, 1-player-game ? Bonus-Ladder ? GO-Light ? Does ONLY the Reset-Relay pulls-in (and let the Score-Motor run) ? Does the GO-Relay trip and latch-on just afterwards ? does the Coin-Relay pulls-in ? does the Credit-Relay pulls in ?

I made a JPG using the ipdb-schema (may look-up there) --- in a functioning pin starting a NEW game (therefore starting a 1-player-game) happens: You push green-3, current can flow through green-1, -2, -3, -4, either "-5 or -6 or -7 or -8", so "-9" pulls-in and its moved plunger closes "-10" so "-11" pulls-in, closes "-12" and let "-13 the Score-Motor" run. THEN the Reset-Procedure takes place and finally the ball is kicked over to the Shooter Alley.
During "Reset" are "RESETTED": Coin-Unit and Player-Unit and Ball-Count-Unit. When You now want to start a game for 2nd, 3rd, 4th player: "green-6 is OPEN, -7 is OPEN, -8 is OPEN" --- current can ONLY flow through "still closed green-5".
So for Your problem "Cannot start a 2,3,4 player game: I would look at Coin-Unit --- when the Unit is stepped up: A rod/stud mounted on the wheel OPENS a switch when stepping 3-player to 4-player. Maybe a wire has broken-off there ?

Starting a new game for 1 player does some more stuff: red-1 does close, because Game-Over-Relay is TRIPPED at the time - red-2 is CLOSED (at that time), current flows red-1, -2, "-3 pulls-in" and establishes "Self-Hold-Current through -4, -5, -6, -7). The Score-Motor runs, so through -8 the -9 is pulsed ( to reset the Score-Drums). Score-Motor runs, so through -10 and "pulling relay / moved switch-red-11": red-12, -13, -14 are resetted.
When starting a game for 2,3,4 player --- red-1, red-10, "not pulling relay therefore not-moved red-11": red-15 is actuated (Coin-Unit steps-up to 2,3,4 player).
So for Your problem "pin starts automatically a new game": I am tempted to investigate on red-1, red-2, red-4. BUT I HAVE PROBLEMS: You can play "normal" ball-1, -2, -3 ...

And so I come back to my many questions (see beginning of this post). Greetings Rolf

aAztec-pinside-1_(resized).jpgaAztec-pinside-1_(resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

rofl,

THANK YOU very much for narrowing the start up sequence, I'm sure is a relay/switch being lazy, I played over 30 games before this happened, I will check every relay you kindly point and I will report my findings.

Thanks again!

Best,

~ja

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ashburn, VA
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aztec-game-autostarts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.