(Topic ID: 61019)

Aztec flippers too powerful? No nuance control.

By MrSlippery

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Garrett
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hello All,

Just got my Aztec up and running, and had a question.

When I flip my flipper, no matter how lightly I depress the button, the flipper goes "full blast".

I have been watching this video, http://pinball.org/videos/gameplay-videos/aztec/
And notice that this player is able to use the flipper without it completely extending (see his flipper to flipper roll pass).

Would anyone have advice / tips as to what is going on?

Any help[ is appreciated.

Kind regards!

#2 10 years ago

Technique. It has nothing to do with how hard you press the button... it has to do with how quickly you can press and release it. The guy in your video does it quickly enough that the flipper barely moves before he releases the button.

The operation of the flipper is simply the completion of an electrical circuit-- there's no "not full blast" setting-- it's either open or closed.

#3 10 years ago

Thanks for the reply. Back to practicing!

#4 10 years ago

Although... you may want to double-check your EOS's. If they're not working/adjusted correctly, that might make ball control a little tougher.

#5 10 years ago

I have an Aztec and the flippers seem overpowered as well. I think thats just how the game is. Don't worry about it. You'll love it when you rip the spinner.

#6 10 years ago

Just noticed. The EOS circuit is located on the flippers for this machine. So if you are having the same problem I was, check the spacing on the flipper switches.

Good luck!

#7 10 years ago

not sure over powering flippers is a proub? i tend to agree with bintznocker above- all the better for the spinner action.

just curious, hows your transformer hooked up?

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Technique. It has nothing to do with how hard you press the button... it has to do with how quickly you can press and release it. The guy in your video does it quickly enough that the flipper barely moves before he releases the button.
The operation of the flipper is simply the completion of an electrical circuit-- there's no "not full blast" setting-- it's either open or closed.

Agreed, all technique. It's a little bit harder to do on DC powered flippers versus the older AC powered ones. On an 24VAC Gottlieb Spirit of 76 I can stop a fast moving ball completely, actually catch it with the flipper. Can be done as seen in the video and takes a bit to master. He also artfully taps the left flipper to move the ball to the right flipper for the spinner shot. He has skillzzzz.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ashburn, VA
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aztec-flippers-too-powerful-no-nuance-control and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.