(Topic ID: 300513)

Aztec chime stays energized

By NickyVanHalen

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Aztec 1,000 point chime works 1st 8-12 times it's activated then stays energized and won't work again till I turn game off. Then repeats that scenario. I can see the 1,000 pt relay properly closing and opening when the chime works and after its locked on. Any suggestions?

#2 2 years ago

Check the black rubber base where the coil plunger drops, it may be sticking.
Clean the plunger shaft with alcohol.
Check for burnt coil

#3 2 years ago

Could it be the chime plunger is mushroomed and sticking or the inside of the sleeve is gummed up?

#4 2 years ago

I had one where the black rubber base liquified and got into the sleeve.

#5 2 years ago

It's not sticking the coil is staying energized, as soon as I cut power it drops. Don't know how it's staying energized when the 1,000 pt relay leaf switch that activates it is open?

#6 2 years ago

Are you sure none of the 10, 100, 1000, or 10,000 Point relay are locked on when this happens?

#7 2 years ago

Thanks Howard R the 10,000 pt relay is sticking closed and does this on all players. What should be opening that back up

#8 2 years ago

Check the bottom left and right outside rollovers for a closed switch.

#9 2 years ago

I GOT IT!!!! 10,000 pt relay leaf that activates score drum wasn't making enough contact, now it's activating and then opens back up all is good. Thanks for all your time and help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Saint Petersburg, FL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aztec-chime-stays-energized?hl=hjh632 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.