3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Pinball-is-great
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

whats_behind_me (resized).jpg
    ltd (resized).jpg
    1200px-NABI_40.09_LFW_bus_OCTA (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

After waiting and waiting I failed the driving portion of my test today, sadly.

It's pretty humiliating. I have been driving over a million miles in my life.

But after my stroke and three brain surgeries I had not driven at all since about december 4th 2015. I got nit picked. But I also failed. It was a very high standard.

I got put before a pass fail freeway interchange on the 5 south no big deal I had to get on and off fast. But she didn't exactly like the way I did it.

i am a very good driver, I thought. This whole damage to me. This life is now so difficult.

I will not give up. I know I will be retaking the test quickly. I'm sure I will be driving soon.

But this song today right now.

Somebody to shove.

#2 3 years ago

I need to remember how far I’ve come. Still sometimes I just feel like a trained seal.

#3 3 years ago

I thought it was hard getting into the drivers seat after only 3 months

#4 3 years ago

Sorry to hear that. Driving in So Cal is over rated anyway.

So it looks like it's down to this.

1200px-NABI_40.09_LFW_bus_OCTA (resized).jpg

#5 3 years ago

So CA an Phx drivers, that's one of the reasons I move back out to the country.Still too many drivers even out here.

#6 3 years ago

Gotta study more before the test brother

ltd (resized).jpg

#7 3 years ago

If only you had boobs...

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

After waiting and waiting I failed the driving portion of my test today, sadly.
    It's pretty humiliating. I have been driving over a million miles in my life.
    But after my stroke and three brain surgeries I had not driven at all since about december 4th 2015. I got nit picked. But I also failed. It was a very high standard.
    I got put before a pass fail freeway interchange on the 5 south no big deal I had to get on and off fast. But she didn't exactly like the way I did it.
    i am a very good driver, I thought. This whole damage to me. This life is now so difficult.
    I will not give up. I know I will be retaking the test quickly. I'm sure I will be driving soon.
    But this song today right now.
    Somebody to shove.
    » YouTube video

I bet a lot of older adults would fail a drivers test today especially in LA. That said, unless youre a commuter or need a vehicle for work/kids, F*** driving! use Uber & Lyft

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

I bet a lot of older adults would fail a drivers test today especially in LA.

I sometimes wonder how some of the immigrants from the far east manage to pass their driving tests.

What part of "pull out into the intersection and then wait to make your left hand turn" don't they understand?

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

What part of "pull out into the intersection and then wait to make your left hand turn" don't they understand?

I can tell you around here every part of that is confusing to people.

#11 3 years ago

"Lets just sit at the light behind the line and then go when it's turning red and leave everybody else behind us stranded there" lol

#12 3 years ago

When I was young, it was common in NY to travel to a nearby rural county to take your driving test where the roads and situations were less challenging to even the odds.

#13 3 years ago

Don't sweat it buddy. I imagine taking a driving test in SoCal or NYC would be the toughest place in the country for that.
    I was the only one of 10 that failed my motorcycle skills test last year....worst day ever. You'll get it bud...you and me both!

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I was the only one of 10 that failed my motorcycle skills test last year....worst day ever.

To be fair, riding in a ten foot circle trying to stay between those lines after a night on the town is no picnic.

#15 3 years ago

Especially if every night is a night on the town.
    Movin to the country.

#16 3 years ago

What you need is a little moral support when navigating the circle of death.

I was already on my second try at the San Clemente DMV which had it in the parking lot on an incline. A buddy from the group that was down there trying to clear up some 502s so he could get to work and back, Adam, nicknamed Troll, came out and gave me a fist pump and a smile. After winning, I did a victory lap just for the hell of it

#17 3 years ago

Did the person giving you the test know your situation? About 20 yrs ago my dads license was up for renewal and he forgot about it and let it run out so he decided he was going to just drive without a license, well he did that for a couple years and one day my mom found out and said if you get in an accident we could be sued so he went to get a new license, secretary of state said because he had not had a valid license for so long that he would have ro take a test, so he went to take a driving test and the guy giving it treated him like shit cause he thought he was a drunk driver so he failed him to give him a hard time, boy was he pissed , i didn't have the heart to joke with him cause he was so mad. He did pass the second time.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

I bet a lot of older adults would fail a drivers test today especially in LA. That said, unless youre a commuter or need a vehicle for work/kids, F*** driving! use Uber & Lyft

#19 3 years ago

Driving tests are a money grab. When I got my license I failed the first test, 2 weeks later I retested in a different town but I got the same instructor (I don’t think he recognized me) but I passed flawlessly. I didn’t improve my driving in that time, I did everything the same as before, but this time he decided to give me a pass.

Don’t sweat it. The instructor might have been having an off day too

#20 3 years ago

Hire an "undocumented" person to drive you around. Apparently they're getting licenses in your state.

#21 3 years ago

Drive the "Detroiter" way. 8% of Detroit residents are estimated to not have a Driver's License yet they drive anyway. Some for the simple reason of wanting to spend the $22.00 renewal fee on scratch-off lottery tickets, some for not paying a ticket and others for suspension for DUI's etc.

Over 20% drive without mandatory liability insurance.

#22 3 years ago

From the 1976 movie The Gumball Rally:

Franco: And now my friend, the first-a rule of Italian driving.
    [Franco rips off his rear-view mirror and throws it out of the car]
    Franco: What's-a behind me is not important.
    whats_behind_me (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 20.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ArcadeArts
    $ 25.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 689.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 12.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Various Other Swag
    Tommy's Pins
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside