AZ_TZ_FS_D4449_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4448_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4446_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4444_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4445_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4443_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4441_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4442_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertT1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 8 years ago

Looking to trade my Super Mario Bros in the very near future. Mylar playfield so wear is minimal. GI lighting is LED, as is the backbox.

If 1IBlind sees this, I will be in Your neck of the woods for the bowl game next week. Might be able to bring it that way if it will fit in the Journey.

Looking for a South Park of similar condition, but will consider other trade offers.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

2 months later
#79 8 years ago

Looking at trade offers for SMB. Can bring to Zapcon and do things there.

2 months later
#126 7 years ago

In the mood to change the scenery again, so Mario Bros is available as a trade. Just rebuilt the lower flippers. No real ideas as to what I want, so pitch away.

5 months later
#184 7 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Metallica pro led for sale asking $4800:
Black flipper buttons, upgraded service rails, Cliffy protectors, creeping death side art, Spinners mod added, wired for external subwoofer, snake tongue decal. Aside from a few light bulbs that need to be replaced and some chipping at the out hole which has been covered by mylar it's otherwise perfect like it just came out of the box.

What is the creeping death side art? Manufacture date?

1 week later
#194 7 years ago

I'd like an AMH, but my System 11s aren't going anywhere yet.

#208 7 years ago

Anyone have a players AFM out there?

#212 7 years ago
Quoted from dragdaily12:

Pin market is dry here for sure.

Sure is. Everything used has to come from CA (and those prices) or shipped from elsewhere. Last year we brought one game and almost a second back from TPF. This year there are plans to try for one each from my travel group, so 3 total... Maybe.

#215 7 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Yep, been avoiding buying from out of state but not sure there's much choice. As long as you're not worried about turning a profit, or even breaking even really, it's no biggie. When I lose a bit on passing a game on I just consider it the rental fee.

I'm buying games with my location in mind, so they don't have to be pristine. Nice will do just fine.

1 month later
#321 7 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I am reading nothing but bad things about ghostbusters glad someone likes it.

It really is one of those games that you have to play to be able to decide. It's hard for sure. Personally, I find live catching on it harder than on other games. I find that dead flipping and trapping on the opposite flipper are a lot safer. Even just a full plunge is hard to catch, so let it bounce over. If you flail, this game will kill you. The early modes are simple once you get the feel for the game and so now I'm finding myself in We Came We Saw more often. EB setting is to allow 1 per game and the furthest I've been is through the 3 ramp modes and drained out in Stay Puft right before being able to shoot for WCWS on that mode ladder.

3 weeks later
#364 7 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

If it is the same guy I'm thinking of, he has a lot of machines in small businesses and they are rough. But I'm about a year and a half into actually owning a couple machines and when I was looking about a year ago for one I kept being too late in contacting CL posts. (I would call/email when I would see the post but that's too late) Since I haven't made contacts in the Pinball community in the Valley to hear of machines coming up for sale/trade and since these things kept coming up I called and went to look at one. It had a broken flipper and DMD was partially out and rubbers busted and it was very dirty. The guy who does the repairs for the owner met me there and replaced the flipper and the DMD. Not brand new parts but working. He budged a little on the price but not much. I had to do some work on it but it was a good learning experience for me. Didn't have to put much money into it, just time. Did LEDs and new rubbers and solved some problems with help here and it's been great. I won't make anything off of it but that's not why I'm here. I guess since he's making something having them on route, price them a little high and if someone buys, great, if not, no loss. That was my experience at least. I'm sure there are some nasty ones out there though.

My biggest rub is the frequency that they get posted on CL. Yes, I know they are there, you don't need to remind me every 2 days. Outside of that, a restoration project doesn't scare me 1 bit. I'm all for picking up games that need a little work on the cheap if I can.

#369 7 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

My gf says the same thing... "You like cleaning them up more than you like playing them!"
On a related note, I wish there was some blowback on the businesses that keep supporting the CL spammers. Why, of course, I was looking for a washing machine when I typed in pinball...

That's puzzling you too?

1 month later
#501 7 years ago

Laser War is something I had never played until INDISC 2016. Pretty cool game.

1 month later
#610 7 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Well now I'm tempted to offer him $3800 heh... j/k, other than the multiball trick, I wasn't a huge fan of Stern Indiana Jones. I'd still really love a Whirlwind, Earthshaker or Police Force.

I have a players Police Force, but I don't think I'm ready to let go quite yet. Fat rubbers on the center ramp posts make that a pretty decent player when the ramp is a lot less appealing.

2 weeks later
#743 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Pinside discount on my Black Belt for sale at Zapcon so I don't have to drive it back to Tucson: $800

I like how it still drove back to Tucson, even though it wasn't with you.

2 months later
#940 6 years ago

Speaking of CL, who got that El Dorado EM off of there? If I didn't have so many projects I would have been in the hunt. Wouldn't mind seeing some before/after pics when it's done.

2 weeks later
#960 6 years ago

I got on the CPR Diner list the day it opened. Guess what, it's still "open, taking orders". Hopefully one day they will start making those. I really like System 11's and Diner is a really good example of that platform.

3 months later
#1031 6 years ago
Quoted from LeChucksBeard:

Hi folks.
This may be a long shot...
I'm in Tucson and looking for an empty Williams widebody cabinet in good condition (Indiana Jones, Star Trek, TZ, Road Show etc.). Preferably with hardware/trim.
Thanks!

Added 2 days ago: No longer looking (not that I thought I'd actually find this), I went for a flat pack kit instead.

From where?

2 weeks later
#1056 6 years ago

Apparently in Portland, it was a $2k TOM. Same story and whatnot, so now the obvious questions is what is more appealing, a $3k CFTBL or a $2k TOM?

5 months later
#1177 5 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Anyone know the best way to safely ship a pin from SoCal to Scottsdale? Thanks in advance to eskaybee on the pin!!

Realistically, in the back of your vehicle.

2 months later
#1224 5 years ago

Looking for a Stars. Projects are ok.

#1226 5 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

desertt1 the only one left that I know of is for trade but valued at $1,000 in KY on the marketplace. Been there for awhile you might get it for less?

I've sent two messages, but have had no response. So not sure how else to reach out.

2 months later
#1284 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Silverball Mania Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Silverball Mania in good but used shape. Replaced all bulbs that were out. Replaced one SCR in light board CR2032 battery on MPU relpacing original Replaced solenoid board compone...”
2018-12-02
Vail, AZ
1,100 (OBO)
Archived after: 38 days
Viewed: 534 times
Just listed my Silverball Mania for sale.

3 weeks later
#1311 5 years ago

Price drop on SBM.

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Silverball Mania in good but used shape. Replaced all bulbs that were out. Replaced one SCR in light board CR2032 battery on MPU relpacing original Replaced solenoid board compone...”
2018-12-02
Vail, AZ
1,100 (OBO)
Archived after: 38 days
Viewed: 534 times

#1313 5 years ago
Quoted from monsterbaldy:

I want to sell my Iron Maiden Pro. It has a flipper fidelity kit, other than that it is stock, it's in great condition.
I'd trade for a Deadpool Pro, sell for 5k, would entertain other trade offers.
-ben

Dang man, I was sitting here earlier today thinking about if I was ready to sell a few early solid states and fund a Maiden.

1 week later
#1331 5 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Just swung by The Grid. They got rid of all their pinball machines. Lame and depressing as that was one of my go tos. Found their GOTG premium at the brass tap in downtown Gilbert. Cool bar with over 60 taps. Only the one pinball machine though.

That’s a bummer. Were there still tournaments being run there? I know those were pretty busy at least from the beginning.

1 month later
#1352 5 years ago
Quoted from monsterbaldy:

I have an Iron Maiden and a Hobbit LE I am looking to move. Willing to trade or sell.
Interested in finding an MMR again.
-ben

I don't know that the timing is right for me, but would like more info on Maiden.

1 month later
#1388 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Agreed. I have the older yellow style 500lb version and it's great. I wouldn't want to lift and carry around anything heavier so I'm glad I didn't do the 1k version. I just drilled out the handle so it would swivel allowing me to get further under a pin towards the back where all the weight is. Great deal with the 20% coupon.

Can you post a pic of what you did to the handle? I want to mod mine (love it) to be able to get further under a pin as well.

#1397 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I’ve been trying to cycle older games into my friend’s bar and do the coin-op thing. That said, I pre-ordered an Oktoberfest machine from American Pinball the day pre-orders went live. Reading the posts above, is this something people would go to my friend’s bar in Chandler to play? I suspect it will be the only one on location for a little while. I still haven’t seen a #tna on location in AZ and I’ve thought about putting mine out there. I’m not looking to make a lot of money, I just love the game and don’t have space for a monster collection.

What bar? My aunt lives in Ah-wah....tuki, can’t ever spell that. Anyway, I want to play OK, and would any time I am up there and can break away.

#1399 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Hop Central (https://hopcentralbrewery.com). I have a Scorpion and Firepower there now. I’m almost done with a PinBot then hope to get OK in March if I am lucky.

That’s exciting. I’ll get to play it in Texas, but having something in state for me to play is also very good news.

#1417 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Circus Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “1980 Gottlieb extra-widebody pinball machine. Comes with full LEDs and a brand new Rottendog MPU board, along with the original MPU, and manual. The original MPU doesn’t boot, ...”
2019-06-24
Vail, AZ
1,200 (OBO)
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 979 times

Doing my part.

3 weeks later
#1460 5 years ago

Yeah, those are up there all the time and priced high enough that they likely won't move very quickly. There used to be an $11k Tron LE in there too, but seems like that one sold or is being kept.

#1463 5 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I figure they are just listed as a “if you’re interested at this price” thing. Obviously they’re not concerned anout selling it quickly heh. All good as long as they don’t get refreshed to the top every day, yeah?

Agreed. They aren't getting re-posted every day so it's not that big of a deal.

#1477 5 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Ezpz, if you have to finance a pin, you shouldn’t be buying it... Orange County Pinball has shipped overnight to the Phoenix terminal several times for me.

Was that on a Stern? Did it end up as the same price as if Stern would have drop shipped?

#1481 5 years ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

Looking forward to Zapcon, but so far only the homepage is updated, including the Stern pin offer. Everything else refers to 2018. Are things a bit out of sorts with that con or is this typical?

The previous year’s info tends to stay up a while, but this seems to be a bit longer.

3 weeks later
#1500 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Do you like the Metallica pin over Maiden, curious to know. I like Maiden more as a band, the pin is fast and ton of shots but I wanted more in it.

Both are so good, but for different reasons. Maiden is higher up on my want list, but they are both top 5.

3 weeks later
#1543 4 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Who picked up that smokin’ deal on the Black Knight LE?!? hahaha...

What did I miss? The laughs, not the game.

#1548 4 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I was laughing at the “hey I’m unboxing my BK LE but if you want to buy it it’s $9k” post on CL

That was in AZ? Like holding yourself hostage and saying “I’ll do it man!”

#1551 4 years ago

Lowered the price on Circus to $1400.

1 week later
1 week later
1 week later
#1562 4 years ago
Quoted from GarlandJenkins:

Does anyone have any Gottlieb system 80s they want to sell? Looking for tag team wrestling, arena, Hollywood heat, and dmds like big hurt or stargate.
Thanks

I have a Circus, listed in the market with several pics.

#1564 4 years ago
Quoted from GarlandJenkins:

Thanks for directing me to that, but circus is not a theme I'm interested in at this time. Good luck with your sale, it does look really nice.

Thanks, and good luck in your searches. I played Tag Team at TPF last year. It was a pretty interesting layout and was quite fun.

1 week later
#1580 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Oh, sorry for the delay! I am adding them, so there will be 4. If it does well for the bar, maybe they will consider more . I like operating them as a hobby, but it it is really up to those guys as to how deep we go. I put the original in there mainly because I like their beer and I feel every bar needs pinball.

Very cool! Congrats on being able to expand the lineup.

2 months later
#1678 4 years ago

Price drop on Silverball.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Partially shopped/refurbished - “Bally Silverball Mania. Features a unique center horseshoe shot, two spinners, a ton of standup targets, and a very cool ball save feature. Plunging the center lane for the skill...”
2019-08-08
Vail, AZ
875 (OBO)
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 261 times
Contributed to Pinside

3 weeks later
#1685 4 years ago

Looking to sell my Hook. Open to offers.

Machine - For Sale
Hook Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Full LEDs with the latest pinballcode.com code. This code adds a ball save, balances scores and timers, as well as adds some call outs that were never used before. Willing to ass...”
2019-09-29
Vail, AZ
2,250 (OBO)
Archived after: 964 days
Viewed: 409 times

1 year later
#1942 3 years ago
Quoted from Ghostly:

Long time vid guy, been expanding into pinball over the past year or so.
Looking to buy a Williams Rollergames & Grand Lizard

Other - For Trade

Tapper Cocktail

New!

“Willing to drive to: AZ, NM, UT, CA, CO, NV for a trade.
Looking for: Williams Rollergames, Williams Grand Lizard & Atari Super Sprint

This game was 'restored' back into a Tap...”

17 hours ago

Tucson, AZ

Trade

mann

Check out the Tucson area on pinballmaps.com. The two you are looking for aren’t out there in the local wild, but several System 11’s are. Blackrock Brewers pins are off for now, but Tucson Indoor Sports Center and Catalina Brewing Company both have a pretty good selection. See you out there.

1 month later
#1977 3 years ago
Quoted from Ghostly:

I appreciate the link. I believe I have played some of your pins on location around town at some of these location over the past year? Diner, Space Invaders, Corvette
Had fun playing. :thumbs-up:
Shame about D&D closing up though. :-/ Think they mentioned they might re-open a new location in the future? :shrug:

Very cool. Yeah, we were all bummed to hear about D&D. I know everyone has their own comfort level right now, but when the world is a little more normal feel free to come on out to an event. Even if you don’t want to play we’d love to get to know another local pinhead.

#1982 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I had not heard that D&D was closing--that is a major bummer. I interviewed the original owners and wrote an article about them for PinGame Journal not too long after they opened--very cool people who picked a great location. Constance and Robert are also nice folks, hope they do open another spot. Hope Cobra is still in biz.

Cobra is still doing their thing. They were closed for a little bit longer than other places overall. I think they were trying to avoid the potential of an open, close, open, close situation.

My 10-pin location is open, but my 3-pin location has the games off.

There is also a new 9-pin location on the northwest side of the area. That’s been put together by a very cool trio of pinheads.

So the Tucson scene is certainly alive, but the (potentially temporary) loss of D&D is a pretty big blow.

3 months later
#2045 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Getting my first next week bud! It's still going to be awhile before there's an excess of appointments... So if anyone is interested in getting a shot as soon as possible, check out the volunteer opportunities here. Help out with the vaccination site for a single shift and get your first shot along with a scheduled appointment for the second.
https://www.handsonphoenix.org/vaccinatestate48

The state just announced that all adults can sign up on the 24th for appointments at state run sites. Probably going to be a backlog for a while, but I’m guessing counties (I’m in Pima) will expand to that soon enough.

6 months later
#2213 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Do we have any AZ pinheads in Banning that could transport a game if I win it?

The Electric Bat crew is out there according to some pics they posted earlier today.

5 months later
#2265 2 years ago

Laser Ball for sale. Has new Kohout Enterprises MPU, full LED in inserts and GI. Cab was repainted by previous owner and looks pretty nice. Playfield is nice, but not perfect. For a 1979, I'd say it's on the higher end of players condition. Asking 1500 OBO.

1 month later
#2278 1 year ago
Quoted from Andyzola87:

Heard a rumor that someone had a few GodZilla premiums for sale at zapcon for MSRP? If any of you know who that was and If they still have any for sale can you let me know, please . I have one on order but if I can get it semi-locally that would be awesome. Thanks

It was a dealer and they all sold in the first day.

#2280 1 year ago
Quoted from Andyzola87:

Ok thanks for the heads up

Yeah, they went a lot faster than I expected. I was debating getting one too as I’m on a list and not sure when I will get that one.

#2282 1 year ago
Quoted from Andyzola87:

I could imagine. I’m on coin-takers waiting list, been on since march so probably not till next year for me.

I’m on the CT list too. When I called in November to get on it Melissa said August estimate. Getting closer…

1 year later
#2674 3 months ago
Quoted from Oddzball:

Figure I would introduce myself, I am as of OCT 2023 trying to get into the pinball hobby. I live down here in the pinball desert of southern Arizona, so there really isnt even anything around here. (Or even really in Tucson for that matter) I managed to get a broken down Gottlieb Surfer, and restore it back to life, make it all nice and pretty again, playfield wise anyway, cabinet still needs some paint I guess.
Now Im looking to get something more modern. I already talked to Darkwing about the Volcano he has, which is really cool, but Im kinda torn on if thats modern enough for what I would like to get, even though it is super cool and and a very fair price IMO. I sent a few message to some other folks in the market place and never got a response, so dont know whats up with that, but I figure communication is key, so getting to know the folks in my local community is a good place to start.
My dream pinball would be a Jurassic Park, but given the price range, I dont know if that is doable on my budget(Maybe the Data East one, but those seem pretty rare). Just something more modern with a neat theme.
Ive saved up about $2000, which I guess is not much in pinball money these days(Pinball prices are about double what I remember from 15 years ago), but obviously the longer I look around the more I can save. I thought the JP Home up in Phoenix for $3500 would be my ticket, but the seller hasnt responded yet.
For what its worth, I have things of interest and value worth trading, but not pinball. I have a pretty extensive collection of 8/16 Bit retro computers, monitors, disk drives and games etc. Commodore mostly, and some Amiga, some functional replicas such as a IMSAI 8080, Altair 8800 Micro(From Briel). Im willing to let that hobby go to get into pinball at this point. I also have a pretty extensive Nintendo collection with pretty rare titles such as Earthbound, EVO, Chrono Trigger, Megaman X3 etc, which Im less likely to let go, but to be honest at this point, Im willing to if I can get something like my dream pinball.
I do have a problem with being able to drive very far, and being able to unload and load a pinball, but it seems my luck there just is what it is, as most things appear to be in the Phoenix area if I want any chance at all really. Delivery would be a plus if you could get it down the SV for me, but its not strictly needed, Id figure something out if it was for the right game.
Either way, buying or not I just want to get to know the community here better so "Hello!" from a new member in the Arizona Desert. If I get my way and can build up a few games, maybe someday I can make Sierra Vista not a pinball desert anymore and get some games out at locations here. Kinda crazy there isnt a single pinball in town here at a public location, that I know of anyway.

Welcome. I know somebody in SV with 2 modern games. Not sure if they are on pinside. They had the same remarks to me. Check out pinballmap dot com, or I’d suggest to get the app. The closest games to you might be my 4 at Hotrods at I10 and Houghton. So if you have to scratch the itch and you are in town, there are options.

I think with your current budget you are looking at a classic solid state (mid 70’s to mid 80’s), and that might be what I’d suggest anyway to get started. Not your dream theme, but still fun, will get you flipping, and on older games they will keep their current value for the most part. So you can buy a game, play it for 6-12 months while you keep saving, and then sell it to add to your savings. Or you can just keep adding games and resist selling for as long as possible. Ask me how I know.

I don’t have anything for sale, so I’m not trying to push that, just saying what I’d suggest to do if you’d like to get a game at home since you do for a fact have nothing to play on location close by.

#2684 3 months ago
Quoted from Oddzball:

Yeah, thats why the Volcano Darkwing has listed seems like something I can do, and its pretty unique feature wise, it really looks cool, but I dont want to rush into anything because I dont want to have buyers remorse later. But I can honestly save up too, Ive only been saving for 2 months now, and Im hoping something will pop up eventually that works for me. It just seems like stuff doesnt pop up here in Arizona in the low end market very often. There is that flash I saw for 1k, but it wasnt really much more interesting to me than my EM Surfer I currently have so I want to get something with a lot different feeling to it. Something with flow, if that makes sense. Surfer/Gottlieb games in general lack flow from what I can tell.
I see you are listed as attached to Tucson Pinball, are there any actual pinball places that sell up in Tucson besides private sales? I know there is the "Slot Machine Store" which has pinball, but other than that I havent found anything really, not since Fireball Pinball moved away forever ago I think.

Slot Machine Store is the only retail place I know in Tucson that sells games from a shop. If you can fix games yourself you are better off buying from pinside, CL, or FB market. Slot Machine Store gets games up and running just fine as far as I know, so I wouldn’t say to stay away, just be aware of your options.

Since covid, the listings for project games have really been reduced. Same with stuff in the sub-$2000 range. Keep an eye out though, because lower cost stuff does pop up. Flash isn’t the most exciting game ever, but it has drop targets, a spinner, an upper flipper, and would be a great candidate to practice flipper skills like bounce passes, drop catches, post passes, and just overall shooting accuracy. The flipper mechs are basically the same as modern Sterns, so they feel similar and the flipper skills translate nicely. But a game like Flash will be slower, so a great platform to play on and increase your skills. Modern stern flippers are absolute rocket launchers. If you have the space and budget I would absolutely suggest having a modern stern in your collection, but there is nothing wrong with finding joy from earlier solid state games as well.

2 weeks later
#2716 3 months ago
Quoted from Oddzball:

I managed to get up to Tucson and visited the Slot Machine store. The guy there (Owner I assume?) was super NICE super cool, and they had some very cool games, but unfortunately just a bit out of my price range on things. I am curious if anyone knows though, while we were chatting, he said he pretty much sells someone all the EM machines he gets in directly and doesnt bother fixing/reselling them, and that he gets a lot of them. So my question is, who is it in Tucson that has all the EMs, and do they have any project EMs they want to part with?
On a positive note I did end up getting a JDJP, NIB from ZMeny I believe?(Flip N Out Pinball) Hopefully I will see it soon as I literally have never bought a NIB pinball machine and have no idea how long it takes to ship them andhow long it takes them to get to a destination. Very happy with dealing with him so far as the NIB purchasing is going, great communication and pretty sure Ill be very satisfied with my purchase.

Did the slot machine store have any games that you can remember on the floor? They cycle quick enough and I haven’t been in the area to stop in in quite a while.

#2723 3 months ago

Please send me the info. I have a friend locally that is looking for one.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertT1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/az-whats-fsft?tu=desertT1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.