AZ_TZ_FS_D4449_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4448_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4446_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4444_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4445_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4443_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4441_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4442_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bublehead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1359 5 years ago

Anyone got a nice players machine system 11, or wpc B titles for under $2500? My wait on my MBrLE looks like it is stretching to April if the sliding delivery date trend keeps up...

#1362 5 years ago
Quoted from captaindorky:

Looking to shake up the lineup. Mainly interested in trades, but would consider 2 for 1's or outright sale, possibly. MM, WCS, FT, and AMH are on the block.

PM sent on FT...

1 month later
#1414 5 years ago

More stream of consciousness than anything else... one thing leads to another. Sometimes we even get back around to pinball for brief moments then... Squirrel!

#1424 5 years ago

Sounds like even scammers have an on the job learning curve....

2 weeks later
#1445 5 years ago

Taxi? You say? You know a pinbot owner is a sucker for a taxi, right? Temptation is the root of all evil... If I had known at the time I could either go to TPF or buy a Taxi for about the same money or even less (we are paying for 4 people to go now) I would have stayed home. Yep.

#1451 5 years ago

I use myself mostly. What is broken?

4 months later
#1623 4 years ago
Quoted from Erzak:

I'm guessing that this must be a scam of some sort:
https://offerup.com/item/detail/672061853/

Look at the “Other Ads by Dingleberry” at the bottom. He has it listed in 6 different cities.... seems legit to me

1 year later
#1867 3 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

Hello everyone. I'm not on here often but does anyone have a CSI they want to sell?

No, but I do have an opening at the insane asylum... CSI... Really? Either you love CSI way to much or hate playing pinball... of course I am pulling your leg here a little, but just wanted you to know, CSI is not one of Sterns "better" titles... more of a placeholder in the manufacturing line until better machines and better code and a more robust pinball market demand developed. Kind of a "lean year" offering for sure. It and "24" have been touted as some of thier worst machines of the period if not ever for modern pinball. I have played both, and I agree with most on their fun quotient of being "not that much". On the other hand I did like the show...

#1871 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

One thing you learn in pinball is it is extremely subjective. One mans trash is another mans treasure, and I happen to love my CSI and 24. People call them stripped down and not fun to play and that is far from the truth. I actually enjoy playing some of the classic Sterns more so than some of the newer Spike system games being released. Both of these titles are actually really rare in terms of finding a nice HUO machine that plays well(both did not even finish first run in production <300). Most people have never seen or played either one(especially not a dialed in HUO machine) and yet always have a comment about how horrible they are. Find a HUO dialed in example and give it a chance-you may be surprised how fun they are to shoot. My .02

Hey I get it, I have a Stern Family Guy and it isn't the best game Stern ever made either, but the lack of enthusiasm (at the time) of both CSI and 24 was quite evident in the hobby back when they were released... These two machines have been called a lot of things, like last ditch effort to save pinball that basically fell flat. Even the popularity of the franchises could not save either of these two, and at Expo that year, people were all scratching their heads and wondering if these would be the last machines Stern would make. And as you stated, they are rare, but as a pinball enthusiast, you get to play a lot of these machines over the years at Expo, operators auctions, tournaments, and in peoples homes. I have played both these titles when they were NIB examples at EXPO and Stern had them set up well, and even then, most would play a few games, shrug, and go find something else to play. At auctions around that time, I saw a lot of these get passed around by operators and nobody wanted to bid on them, so not great earners either. I think the Army men of 24 was the nail in that coffin, and CSI is the stronger title of the two. Just my experince with them.

#1881 3 years ago

I found the Munsters Pro to be boring, and I didn’t mind the Stewie sized Grandpa’s lab (check my collection to understand why- hint FG) on the premium... but the code is very very meh in my opinion, Dwight could have made it the next TAF, and Borg did well with smooth shots and a nice Fan layout, however, that Pooch got screwed when Dwight said code is finished and he didn’t think it needed any more depth. If I had to educate a guess why he said that is that he made the machine do what Gary would expect it to do and not much else. Does it deliver balls and keep them in the table for an average 3.5 minute game time? Yes? Then ship that puppy, ‘cause my mission is complete.

#1884 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Now the rare 'back to topic' post.
I have a nice, fast playing Black Knight 2000 with full LEDs and new rubbers. I don't mind keeping it around, but I want to see if there are any interesting trades out there. Specifically looking for certain classic solid state Bally machines (late 70s - early 80s) of similar value. Not looking to sell, trade only.

Stand up and Fight!

What kind of money does it take to get you to sell it? I don’t have any early Bally’s, all I got is Pinbot and Bride and a Gottlieb EM Central Park. The rest are more modern. If your looking to sell, PM me.

#1887 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan:

That’s my wheel house late 70-mid 90s
I don’t think you can go wrong with that whole Black Knight franchise.

Agreed. Brother bought OG BK back in early 90’s for $175... still owns it. My fav is BK2K, and BK:SOR is awesome WITH the topper... I would own all three too.

#1890 3 years ago

Hey back when pinball was an operator commodity they sold project machines dirt cheap at the auctions, the only thing actually wrong with his black Knight was a big scratch on the back glass and a well worn playfield, however, not a lot of lost wood, and it worked. My Pinbot was $750 and my Bride was $950 and he was 7 years old, and she was only two years old. Both are route queens and have seen some hard knocks on the cabinet corners, but they were both solid and working all the way with just a shop job being all they really needed. How I miss those days...

#1893 3 years ago

To tell you how bad it was back then trying to get rid of a pin, my brother restored a Space Invaders pin, touched up all the lost wood, lacquered it, shopped it and although he only paid $75 for it, with it working mechanically when he bought it, he got $125 for it afterwards and this was 2 weeks before Christmas. Yes, THAT hard to sell a pinball machine, And there was no home market to speak of for route queens, just high end restorations and NIB purchases (or shady ops offering “complete restorations” that were actually just well cleaned, touched up a little route queens) and and if a title had passed through all the operators hands and if it didn’t earn, it was almost toxic, most got plundered for parts and the cabinets busted up and chucked in the dumpsters.... then again NIB pins topped out at under $3k with most being around $2.5K and paid for themselves in less than a year..

#1897 3 years ago

Yeah, what they said...

Quoted from Squeakman:

Can anyone recommend a place in Chandler, Gilbert, Tempe area that has a good mix of new Stern, JJP and some classics? Only here for tonight.

#1900 3 years ago

Again, what he said... I’ve done the “all-three” in a day plan A lot and that is a good solid plan

1 week later
#1925 3 years ago

the worst part about the internet is that the face-less anonimity emboldens people to state their oppinions as verified and unrepudiated facts, and no amount of keystrokes to the opposite is going to change their minds. On here, people call you out for mis-remembering the slightest details... which is funny, because no amount of re-telling of your own experience will get them to budge on things they think are written in stone, such as when titles were manufactured, actually showed up on site, or that you remember playing a machine prior to a specific event in your life, yet since it was earlier the IPDB entry for said title, you must be lying, misremebering, got it wrong...

Ther are two kinds of people on Pinside... those who play pinball and have a good time, and those who play pinball and must be right about everything pinball... I used to fall in the later category due to my strong opinions on all things pinball, but it was taking all the fun out of being on here, having to defend everything you say. So now I just try and go with the flow... certainly has helped my U/D ratio recover a bit.

5 months later
#2031 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Isn’t that the game that uses a cue ball?

Yes, billiard cue ball... they usually have one at every Pin Expo, which I just signed up for for 2021!

#2043 3 years ago

Anyone in Phoenix own a Gottlieb Subway or Cross Town wedge head they want to get rid of? any leads on one in Phoenix area would be appreciated.

1 week later
#2055 3 years ago

I feel lucky I got a Central Park for $1100 fully working 100% and it is in fantastic shape for its age. I have spent more dimes in a Subway than any other ten cent machine. One of the best Wedgeheads and add a ball titles of the period. On a good day we could play for hours on a single dollar.

#2061 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

The prop is cool, but not $4K cool. Maybe $0.4K cool.

For $4K, I'll can personally carve you an exact duplicate of a 1903 Wright Brothers propeller... I've done it before, I could do it again.

TL;DR
A side note, my brother and I, homeboys from Dayton Ohio, helped build and fly a 1903 WB Flyer for the 100th year anniversary of the invention of flight for Dayton's centennial of flight Celebration back in 2003. I helped build 3 WB Flyers while I worked for the Wright Brothers Airplane Company, a historical forensic exploration of the invention of controlled, sustained flight. The company went to schools and gave historic static displays of Wright Brothers aircraft that we built and tried to fly, the same way the original Brothers did. I built parts of the static 1903 display aircraft, while my brother worked on the flying bird, building the entire powertrain that was used to fly it. We had a replica WB engine, but chose instead to try and fly using a twin cylinder 25 horse power Briggs and Stratton due to the outright extreme fire hazzard danger the original engine design posed. The power plant weighed the same as the original motor and provided 12 bhp to the props, and was the only engine the three pilots agreed to try and fly with based on reliability, safety and the lack of inherent propensity to spontaneously combust while operating. I carved a pair of props for the display bird, the exact same way Wilber did using hand tools and a draw knife. The ribs for the aircraft were assembled by the children under our supervision, and when they were finished with it, they signed it. They made tiny replica ribs to take home, all made the exact same way the big rib was made. So every time we gave a demo, we got a finished rib or two or three depending on the size of the class. The rest of the bird we made, and let me tell you, there is a lot to do. Of all the teams across America that built and tried to fly a replica In 2003, our bird was the only one that actually flew. And we determined why all the other teams failed, and why the Wright Brothers succeeded. Cold. The 1903 flyer loves to fly in thick cold air, and when we got ours to fly, the morning we finally flew, the temperature was 10 degrees Fahrenheit in Dayton, the same As Kittyhawk was the morning in December in 1903. It makes the props more efficient, and the wings more efficient. This allowed it to overcome ground effects that they later learned about when they tried to fly in Dayton after they returned and built their next aircraft. You need the launch tower and drop weight to get the aircraft airspeed above ground effects when temperatures are not freezing and you don't have a constant 50mph headwind like Kittyhawk did.

1 week later
#2073 3 years ago

That's where mine are right now... ain't nothing formal about it.

#2077 3 years ago

The wife has plans on getting them out of there by building a RV garage/Casita and moving them out there to an environmentally controlled room where the collection can grow past the 7 I have right now. I need a nice add-a-ball wedge head (Subway is the dream), a 70s decade pin (Probably Paragon), a Bally Fireball or Centaur and any reasonable other 90's B/W pin along with a Fire Power or a Flash, a BK2K or BKSoR premium with topper. I would quit then... who am I kidding?

#2081 3 years ago

I have thought about burying storage containers to create a true man cave to put my pins in... but the RV garage will do. lol

2 weeks later
#2098 2 years ago

Anyone in Az have an old '65-ish Gottlieb wedgehead cabinet that needs a new home? or has a project Gottlieb EM they are looking to get rid of? come across a nice playfield and backglass and need a donor cabinet

3 weeks later
#2134 2 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

feels like chopping wood to me.

I had a friend of my wife buy one new out of the box for $5500 back in the day. I helped him get it home and set up, then I proceeded to play my first quick game to make sure everything was working. I GC'ed the damn thing, and then some... put up a huge score that he never could beat. He had to wait until his son (who had to stand on a box to play it when he got it) grew up and finally knocked me off the board. I wouldn't say chopping wood... more like "Lord, I am so tired... how long can this go on?"

But on the question of $6600 currently invested, yeah, you would need a motivated buyer, which translates to rabid, slobbering Indy Jones Fan with a fist full of cash and no idea what chopping wood feels like. Not saying they are impossible to find in the wild, but even Indy himself might need a few days to dig one up. See what I did there?

#2136 2 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Lol, well played. I'm thinking I might try to list it here soon, I'd like to get down to 3 machines for the time being due to space (or more like the wife wants the dinning room back
Also had the thought of moving a couple down to the corner bar, but I don't have the slightest idea of what routing machines entails.

Vendors license, time and money. Oh, and a truck.

1 week later
#2142 2 years ago

Hey Az, I am looking for a mid 60's Gottlieb Wedgehead cabinet that has no innards and needs a home. Preferably one with a ball lift, but beggars can't be choosers. Roached playfields and broken, missing, or nearly flaked to clear backglass is ok, I have a line on a machine that has a totally trashed cabinet, but everything else looks workable.

3 months later
#2203 2 years ago

I am in the market and looking for 60's Gottlieb wedgeheads, add-a-balls are preferred over replay machines, except looking for a Sky-Line to complete my NYC Central Park, Subway, Sky-line trifecta. Projects are ok, if playfield and backglass are usable.

1 year later
#2405 1 year ago

Anyone within earshot of Phoenix looking to sell ANY of the following Gottlieb wedgeheads, PM me. I am looking for mechanical backbox animations, AAB and replay machines from the 60’s, and specifically the metal jewel post machines with a couple exceptions. See my ad for a project Fun Land machine I currently have for trade. Looking for nice playable machines, working but maybe not restored. Cabinets in any reasonable shape except water damaged and generic repaints in non-factory colors/stencils. Playfield shows normal wear but no major lost wood. Backglass may have some tiny pinholes and flakes, but no major art lost and no bare glass areas. I currently own Central Park, Subway, and King of Diamonds, and would consider those if they are in better shape than my current ones.

Anyways the sacred list is:
Flipper Parade, World Fair, Bowling Queen, Majorettes, North Star, Sky·Line, Cow Poke, Buckaroo, Bank-A-Ball, Electra-Pool, Flipper Pool, Ice-Revue, Ice Show, Hurdy Gurdy, Rancho, Cross Town, Diamond Jack

A man can dream…

1 week later
#2410 1 year ago

Any Phoenix Az Pinsiders driving to TPF and want to make some gas money? I got a deal going for a Gottlieb Bank a Ball in Texas if I can find a couple of square feet or six on a west-bound truck/trailer coming home? It’s worth at least somewhere north of $250 to bring home a decent wedgehead. PM me.

4 weeks later
#2445 1 year ago

Anyone have a Godzilla Premium they would trade for MBrLE for a couple months? Not looking to sell my baby outright but I'd prostitute her out to play a couple hundred games on a Godzilla for a few months. Will throw in a tuneup kit for your troubles too. My MBrLE has over 1100 games and is dimpled AF so not worried about collectability or plays on it. Just keep the cabinet safe and I'm good. Would look for Godzilla in similar nick and conditions.

#2450 1 year ago
Quoted from Azfalconfixer:

Is Zapcon happening this year? I haven't seen anything.

Rachel said a few too many people who originally helped with it have moved out of the area. We contacted her to volunteer and pledge a couple of machines when she told us the bad news.

4 weeks later
#2470 1 year ago

Triplecdad you are not the only one in AZ dreaming... maybe we need to go in half-sies and get his GZ prem... lol

8 months later
#2683 3 months ago

DinoBob I just bought one NIB in November... $9499 delivered with no tax or wait was hard to pass up. Anyone want to come by and play? LOL I got 5 other SS machines, a VPX cabinet dressed up as AFM, and 4 GTB wedgeheads from the mid 60's. If you don't see anything you'd like to play you're probably dead. SP, FG, MBrLE, GZprem, Pin*bot, BOP, Subway, Central Park, King of Diamonds, Bank-a-Ball. PM me.

1 month later
#2742 68 days ago

Does anyone near San Tan Valley do temp trades? Im putting up billion point scores on my GZ prem daily so I am interested in temp trading out a GZ prem for other Sterns- JP prem, or EHOH prem, or AIQ prem, or SW prem, or BKSOR prem... or a 007 prem possibly. I figure if you want to get some time on a GZ, I need some time on any of those... but other NIB machines like the CGC remakes, or spooky, or AP, or etc... or even classic B/W are off table, because I have either played them all, or have no interest in them.

3 weeks later
#2779 41 days ago
Quoted from DanTheMan:

Hey all. My wife and I are really wanting a machine with bells and chimes. What worries me is my ability and parts availability to fix EM’s. I am still a noob. Would you have suggestions, keeping in mind ease of finding parts and ease of skill set? Score reels worry the crap out of me. Thanks in advance.

Sorry I bought all the local wedgeheads that were for sale around here last a couple of years... but wedgies are an aquired taste... but no chimes usually until after the '60's... just 3 brass bells up until about then. I sold a Fun Land last year to a local AZ guy who was replacing a large collection he lost in a fire, said he was looking for any EM's and had the money to buy, he owns his own small business that was doing really well. Good luck, but I had to go outside AZ to find specific titles, otherwise its pretty slim pickens.

1 week later
#2794 29 days ago

You cant lose what you don't sell... kind of been my thing. But I collect for a taste of all eras of my life and pinball. So I have a little of everything now, missing only a good 70's SS... I got all other decades covered.

#2805 23 days ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

Are you looking to experience new games without having to buy & sell?
I have a fairly nice collection, and would consider doing a *temporary* trade. I don't have a vehicle to transfer, but I could help load & unload on both ends. I'm open to different lengths, but think 3-4 months is probably ideal.
Titles I'm most interested in temp trading FOR are:
- TNA
- Scooby Doo
- Rick & Morty
- The Big Lebowski
- Jaws
- Pulp Fiction
- Rush
- Jack*Bot
I think it makes the most sense if we already know each other, but would possibly consider if we a trusted two-way reference through the local pinball community. Feel free to message me if you are interested.

If I had any of them, lol. Afraid I can't help ya. But I got a GZ prem and MBrLE as my only two real draws... unless you like wedgeheads or Pinbot, Bride, Family Guy, or South Park... which is usually a hard pass by most.

#2815 18 days ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

That sounds $$$.
Cheapest, easiest solution that will has the lowest risk is to buy a clear playfield protector and lay that down on the pf and this will give you a perfectly flat surface. Hammering down the inserts on a very nice playfield is risky and usually results in them lifting back up again anyway. Removing the inserts to clean out the pf hole and re-gluing them flush is even riskier and will likely result in damaged artwork on the edge of the insert.
Cleanest clear-cut solution would be to purchase a Ron Kruzman playfield and swap it in.

Or just buy a replacement from Planetary and leave it in controlled storage... its a true silk screened pf at least. How bad does it deflect the ball?!? Mine is as old as yours, has plenty of plays on it (>1500) and dimpled AF, but no insert lifts. No ball deflections I have noticed. If it drained me while on a GC run and I had 750 mil on the table, yeah that would piss me off. But I have lived with cupped inserts on wedgeheads for years, so hey, it's only pinball... he says as he remembers finally beating the Xiliens on Planet X for the first time today and dancing around and yelling "FU Godzilla" at the top of my lungs while flipping the machine a double bird... yeah it's only Pinball.

#2818 18 days ago

Well my MBrLE original pf is screened, and all 1500 LE PF's were too. So were the replacement pf's on Planetary's sight when I bought mine 2 years ago, but they may have gone new school since then? Screened playfield supplies were the original reason MBrLE's were delayed becuase they had fine details missing like the lettering on the mouthwash bottle...

1 week later
#2825 11 days ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Atari Road blasters in restored cab

Got a price on this or shoot me a pm?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bublehead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/az-whats-fsft?tu=bublehead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.