AZ_TZ_FS_D4449_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4448_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4446_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4444_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4445_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4443_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4441_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4442_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jarbyjibbo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 8 years ago

I'm in the market for a Cyclone for a neighbor that is wanting to get in the hobby. If someone has one or knows of one around the Phoenix area please drop me a line.

1 month later
#81 8 years ago

Nice! Looks just like mine

Flirting around with the thought of maybe potentially possibly selling my modded out Tron pro.

3 months later
#141 7 years ago

Selling my decked out HUO Tron for $6850. It's up on CL now with photos and details.

1 month later
#155 7 years ago

I have my Tron Pro up for sale now and may consider selling my ST Prem as well for the right offer if anyone is looking.

1 month later
#178 7 years ago

With RZ and Alien being so close together I'm unfortunately going to have to cancel one. If any local pin head is interested in grabbing my RZ before I cancel and give it to the next person in line, just let me know.

It's got all the light up figures but I didn't opt for the LED's knowing that I would do that myself to my taste. They are producing game #150 now and I am #162 so it will be very soon.

3 weeks later
#182 7 years ago

Metallica pro led for sale asking $4800:

Black flipper buttons, upgraded service rails, Cliffy protectors, creeping death side art, Spinners mod added, wired for external subwoofer, snake tongue decal. Aside from a few light bulbs that need to be replaced and some chipping at the out hole which has been covered by mylar it's otherwise perfect like it just came out of the box.

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

What is the creeping death side art? Manufacture date?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-metallica-pinblades-and-lighting-effects-taking-orders

I will take a look at the date when I get home and post back.

1 week later
#206 7 years ago

I need to quit being lazy and post my Met Pro in the for sale section and on CL...... It's kind of convenient having two though. At parties it’s always the most popular pin.

#225 7 years ago

Nobody local responded to wanting to take over my order so unfortunatley I had to cancel my RZ that was in playtest and set to ship out. I'm sure it'll find a happy home somewhere!

4 weeks later
#309 7 years ago
Quoted from dragdaily12:

Cool glws. Anyone have a Scared Stiff or a tron they want to sell?

Unfortunately you just missed my modded out Tron a few months ago. Single owner very nice.

1 week later
#318 7 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I'm sure this is a little premature, but is anyone willing to temp trade out their GB premium or LE for a game in my collection? I'd like to put some time on one to see if I'd like to sell a game to buy one

As somebody who just got one last week, I can assure you the answer is yes. The game is ridiculously fun. It was at the top of everyone in my family's list in less than 5 games.

#323 7 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I am reading nothing but bad things about ghostbusters glad someone likes it.

I've had a few issues with butt dragging and the subway shot not flowing out and most recently loosing sound, insert lighting and then it reboots itself. I've fixed the first two based on the issues thread but the last one was new to me. Even with those issues it's by far the best total package I've played so far. This is also the only game that has clicked with my wife and daughter like it has from the first play.

I'll get this last issue sorted out and look forward to it being in the collection for a long time. It definitely makes waiting for Alien bareable now.

#339 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Shout Out to JarbyJibbo aka Jesse and his wonderful wife for their assistance moving the Woz and IJ. The refrigerator dolly is my new master!! Big THANKS for clueing me in!!! Getting old and losing muscle sucks, but pinball folks such as Jesse and his lovely wife make it easier. Thanks again!!

No problem! I hope you got it all set up and playing 100%. WOZ is a game that I have been meaning to try since I'd like to try and find one JJP that I felt like having in my collection and for as much as a Tolkien fan as I am, Hobbit just didn't do it for me.

Now go buy yourself a new dolly and save your back

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/H-5047/Hand-Trucks/Appliance-Hand-Truck-2-Wheel

The modified harbor freight lift table is a lifesaver as well.

2 weeks later
#358 7 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Those machines have been posted for years on CL I think. Gotta be a reason they're still there.

I always assumed that it was someone just wanting thier number out there in the hopes that someone would contact him to buy thier machines. I never thought that there were real machines behind those ads.

2 weeks later
#386 7 years ago

Without much much more info, that's a hard pass.....

#400 7 years ago

Anyone with a TAF for sale local by chance?

#418 7 years ago
Quoted from dragdaily12:

Sunsfan caught me before I made it home. Sounds like friday he will be taking this T2 off my hands.

Was there a T2 posting I missed or was this the one at the pawn shop?

#429 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Batman 66 le sold. It was beautiful.

Glad you got it moved, sorry it didn't click for you. Ever get Woz up and running again?

4 weeks later
#512 7 years ago
Quoted from dragdaily12:

I wouldn't mind bringing that gotle to my house!

Sorry already spoken for

2 weeks later
#546 7 years ago

Still looking for a TAF if anyone has one to sell.

#549 7 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

At least we know where all the pins in the valley are now.

All the good deals anyway lol

1 week later
#627 7 years ago

BTW, I checked out the Williams IJ tonight as I am trying hard to find one for my wife that fits the bill condition/price wise (since I didn't find out it was her favorite until after I sold the one we had of course.....). To save everyone the trouble, here's what you're in for.

Zero color anywhere on the cabinet, it's completely faded on both sides upper and lower. Almost every insert has art missing and some have ghosting with a few almost the entire insert. The ball drop is worn past the first layer of wood. Needless to say the PF is non-restorable. Not anything close to what I'm looking for and some random CL fool emailed and "offered" him 6k with no photos so that's the price he has in his head. I suggested that he jump on that offer.... In the unlikely event it turns out to be legitimate.

Nice guy though with similar other hobbies/collections as me. So if that is what your looking for, it should be a pleasant transaction. He asked me what I would pay for it but I didn't have the heart to answer.

#689 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Why does no one offer me to move to AZ?

Tons of Canadians here in Maricopa, come join the party!

#692 7 years ago
Quoted from BretBMF:

phoenix.craigslist.org link
Seems legit.
- Bret

Assuming it was the 2 Playboy pins, I saw that about 20 minutes after it was listed but for some reason I couldn't talk my wife into driving to the absolute worst part of Phoenix at 3 in the morning on a Saturday night to steal that lady's ex boyfriend's Pinball machines.

I guess she doesn't like being an evening news Craigslist murder story......

1 week later
#735 6 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

I have a WoZ standard I could bring to Zapcon (Saturday only) with shaker, GI pinball bulbs kit, 1080p screen, updated 7.5v boards, castle walls and well mod and extra mini playfield for $7,200.

Nice, we're enjoying the one we just brought home. Our first JJP pin was supposed to be TH but after we played it last year at Zap, decided to pass. Bummer too, as we are huge Tolkien fans.

1 week later
#772 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Who got the white water today ???
Drag and Brother James strike again .

I was going to but just used all my cash on hand for a WOZ. Couldn't have gotten the cash until tomorrow. Had an appointment to get it tomorrow after work but I guess it's gone. Tony and his wife said the guys also bought their other 5 pins. Congrats if so, WH20 will stay on my want list for a bit longer. Next time!

#776 6 years ago
Quoted from Scott2dot0:

What was the WH20 listed for?

$4500

#778 6 years ago
Quoted from dragdaily12:

Yes i bought the 6 pins from Tony. Hes a great guy and hope he enjoys his RZ thats on the way from Spooky

Well if you decide you want to give up the wh20, you know how to reach me.

#784 6 years ago

Wtb TAF/TAFG, Williams IJ, and WH20.

Thanks!

#787 6 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Anybody else get sad when you see day one and leg protectors on the same sentence?

No biggy with the metal plates. It keeps the plastic off the art. I'm equally as protective of my pins so I have no room to talk.

He'll I even do day one shooter lane Mylar and cliffy's if possible.

1 week later
#830 6 years ago

Anyone by chance going up to the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show June 9-11 in Tacoma? Nitro will have Romans glass there for $225 a sheet show pricing. I would be in on a group buy if so.

4 weeks later
#901 6 years ago
Quoted from Scott2dot0:

I talked to her and apparently her husband told her to list it at $4900 and she screwed up, but they are honoring the price she listed it at. Seems odd but maybe they have too much money. I was fourth in line so I'm sure it's already in Drag's gameroom. I kid, I kid...

It was originally at $4900 but it then dropped to $3900. If I didn't absolutly despise the show, I might have been tempted.

4 weeks later
#921 6 years ago

Somebody in Scottsdale is very proud (and descriptive) of their games......

Anyone going to CA to grab a SW pin from SDCC? I'll be in CA but only Sunday though Thursday.

2 weeks later
#951 6 years ago

Any local star wars pins on route out there to try? I couldn't make it to JJC on Sat unfortunately since I had to work.

I really want to try it before my LE ships just in case.

2 months later
#1007 6 years ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

I'm on the hunt for a new game. I am interested in Xmen, TWD, RFM, Stern ST, ST:TNG, Indiana Jones, Champion Pub, Congo, DE Star wars, TSPP, The Sopranos, LOTR. Twilight Zone, Junkyard, ect. I have cash!

Just missed my mint ST Prem with under 300 plays. It went to a good home though.

Might be letting a pin or two go in the near future. WOZ, AFM full restore, TAFG.... got to decide which.

1 month later
#1052 6 years ago

Scam: they pulled using Ebay for security, being out of town, being a member of the military, and having cancer treatment all into their scam efforts.

Go die in a fire scammers.

2 months later
#1096 6 years ago

Use Bob, he's a great all around glass guy. Need to buy 5 sheets though. He also has a high optic quality version as well.

602-326-1606

3 weeks later
#1119 6 years ago

The WOZ and GOTLE on CL are mine, let me know if you're interested. I am most likely going to be listing a fully restored original AFM ($8750), TAFG ($9500) and a nice shopped WH20 ($5000) and less likely but possible is a MMRLE with color upgrade at some point as well.

#1121 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

The WOZ and GOTLE on CL are mine, let me know if you're interested. I am most likely going to be listing a fully restored original AFM ($8750), and a nice shopped WH20 ($5000) and less likely but possible is a MMRLE with color upgrade at some point as well.

TAF and WOZ are gone, WHO20 and GOT are up on CL and now on Pinside as well. I'll be taking some photos of the AFM shortly and listing that in both places as well.

#1122 6 years ago

WH20 is spoken for. GOT and AFM are left.

#1127 6 years ago

*Cough* *Cough* rhymes with Bonster Mash *Cough* *Cough*

#1130 6 years ago
Quoted from DinoBob:

Wow, with MB being the next possible WMS remake, that makes it tough, I may have to hold out. I was hoping for Cactus Canyon, but that may never happen. I'll keep all of your offers in mind. Thanks for the responses!

We are eagerly anticipating CCR eventually as well.

1 month later
#1142 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Looking for two A/B-list (but CQ) pins!! Who’s holding??

Sold a bunch recently. Only things left are a restored AFM and possibly a MMR LE.

#1145 5 years ago
Quoted from PeoriaKid:

Hi, I'm looking for a ST Pro, Whirlwind or Bally 1978 Star Trek. Cash Buyer.

There was a ST pro for sale at Zapcon. Not sure if it sold or not.

1 week later
#1167 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I have a Houdini with topper, blades, target decals and shooter rod--anyone looking for this title have something enticing to trade?

Never played it, just didn't click with you?

2 months later
#1222 5 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan:

I've been seeing these style of arcade cabinets pop up on CL the last few months ranging from 650-1000. Anyone buy one? If so do you like it and have you had any problems.
Think I might be pulling the trigger on one of these

Only thing I know is I had to go pick up a pedestal version from a guy running a business building them in the north west valley. It was a favor for a New Mexico pinsider who was getting the run around and being blown off. As long as you stay clear of anything that sounds like that, you should be good.

I'm building one of my own out of an old bowling game because I wanted a functional WG CRT and didn't want to build the cab. Picked up the game for $300 so it worked out cheaper anyway.

1 week later
#1235 5 years ago

Are there any Houdini's at any of our local haunts? Someone wants to trade me and I've never played one.

I guess I could also ask, if you own one, what do you think of it?

#1237 5 years ago

Lol, not a fan I take it?

#1240 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Your original AFM is Killer!

Fair point

2 months later
#1290 5 years ago
Quoted from Ready_player_one:

Thinking about selling my #GOTG machine. It's a HUO Pro model with a shaker motor installed. Mint condition - $5,000.

A boboli bo?

3 weeks later
#1315 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Dang man, I was sitting here earlier today thinking about if I was ready to sell a few early solid states and fund a Maiden.

About a month ago I just picked this game up with a Metallica for my neighbor on a road trip to Utah and both the wife and I really like it. We got to play it at Zap and liked it but it was noisy and I was worried that we didn't have enough time on it to be sure. I am glad that it worked out. Not necessarily a big fan of the music but the game is so fun and the music isn't "bad" by any means so we are having a good time playing it..... I think it already has like 6 plays on it!

Yea we don't play a lot lol. Too many other distractions.

2 weeks later
#1340 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I only have room for 1 at this point so Iron Maiden it will be. Looking for one

Enjoying the heck out of mine that I recently acquired.

1 month later
#1370 5 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Thanks for the tips and the welcome. I'm looking forward to the move and getting a bigger place mainly since I can get more pins lol. Housing in So Cal is crazy expensive

Tilt is great and right in your new backyard. If you'll be here in time, don't forget to come to Zap con 4/21 & 4/22.

On another note, I just went to the Luxe Lounge in Maricopa above the Ultra Star and was pleased to see they've got two brand new looking pins for play being a Metallica and Aerosmith.

#1372 5 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Zapcon shifted into May this year. May 4-5, 2019
http://www.zapcon.com/

Wow sweet! I am going on a cruise in April and was going to miss it. Count me in again then.

3 weeks later
#1384 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Anybody have a Pinball dolly they don't want or need? I'm wanting to buy one. I am moving soon and need one asap. I don't really want to go the harbor freight route if I don't have to.

Moving local? You looking for a lift or a furniture dolly?

#1387 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

The harbor freight lift carts work pretty well. I got the 1000lbs one, and my only complaint is that the cart itself is hard to move.

Agreed. I have the older yellow style 500lb version and it's great. I wouldn't want to lift and carry around anything heavier so I'm glad I didn't do the 1k version. I just drilled out the handle so it would swivel allowing me to get further under a pin towards the back where all the weight is. Great deal with the 20% coupon.

#1392 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Can you post a pic of what you did to the handle? I want to mod mine (love it) to be able to get further under a pin as well.

Super quick and easy with just a drill and some hardware. I can't post pics in this sub forum but I sent you both a PM.

It's just a 1/4-20 bolt, three washers and a lock nut.

#1403 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

LOL! I wish...it isn't my bar and they don't want it to be a full pinball bar, but at very least I'll have 2-3 in there always. If you guys want to stay in touch on the forums, I typically update this post every time I add something or clean/wax them. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorpion-phoenix.
Post local licensing, taxes and repairs, they almost manage to pay for themselves . It certainly isn't a cash grab, so don't judge me for charging money...but I love the idea of socializing these great old games. It also gives me experience restoring them, and as I said earlier I get to own more of them if I can find places for them to live.

Interesting. I grew up in Ahwatukee after moving there from Mesa when Chandler Blvd was just a two lane road that got flooded out every time it rained and my house was surrounded by cotton fields. It was actually so early in the expansion to that area that our home builder went bankrupt. I now live in Maricopa and am in the Ahwatukee area at least 2-3 times each weekend. I just never go that far east on Ray to have seen the bar. Although I did used to go to the movie theater and the Wangs Fine Chinese dining that used to be in the strip mall on Kyrene right down from the bar a lot. I may check it out with the wife and neighbors when we venture out for a night of enbibing.

#1406 5 years ago

That's what I get for typing in bed past my bedtime lol. Dup posts and making up words.... "imbibing"

Plus the wife yells at me to turn the brightness down when it's literally at its lowest setting. I guess I can always just wait for my next Candy Crush life to pop in 13 minutes.... I should really just go to slerp.

#1410 5 years ago

I need a new (really good) Chinese food restaurant in the Ahwatukee/Chandler/Tempe area, any suggestions? I used to go to Wang's on Ray and Kyrene as mentioned back in the day then it closed. Then for 10+ years we went to Shangri La on Elliott and Alma School in Chandler, then it closed.

#1416 5 years ago

I was just looking for someone selling Chinese food

#1429 5 years ago
Quoted from GarlandJenkins:

After going to Tilt yesterday, I think I want an Iron Maiden. So I have 2 pins up for sale. First, Eight ball deluxe, white head box version. Playfield has been upgraded to LEDs and plays great. $2800 obo. Second, Lola Taxi. Recently shopped, plays amazing. Very minimal playfield wear, extra set of plastics. $3000 obo. Also have a Donkey Kong standup arcade.
Let me know if you’re interested.

You won't regret it. I flew to Utah to pick mine up and drive it back. Going in, I wasn't a huge fan of the music I'll admit (being more of a Metallica guy), but the game is amazing and works it in very well.

2 weeks later
#1452 5 years ago

When is the Zapcon page going to be updated so I can preorder my 2019 tickets and shirt?

#1466 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Changing the topic...
Whats going on with Zapcon ? Who is running it this year ? Seems like something has changed.

I keep waiting for the page to be updated but it still has 2018 stuff on it.

1 month later
#1502 4 years ago

I love both. Had the Met pro and moved up to the prem. I have the INMDN pro and really like it. Haven't played the prem yet to know the differences.

1 week later
#1525 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I really liked the Who Dunnit.
Didn’t put up a high score on it, but got rooftop champion.

Where did you get those shiney almost translucent looking flipper bats?

BTW, thanks for turning your volume up a bit so we could hear them when we were playing them.

What ended up being wrong with the Indy Saturday evening? By the looks of it, the balls weren't releasing from the idol during ball search.

1 month later
#1570 4 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

JJ at Game Exchange of Colorado is a great place to buy NIB Sterns even though they aren’t local

I can vouch for JJ at GEX and Trent at Tilt Amusements personally as great people to buy from.

#1573 4 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Sold the monster bash. Thanks to Dave.
Would like to sell the Atari Superman. Fun machine for the Fourth of July holiday. Come get it for $2000 Cash if you want it. It’s listed with pics and description. Need to make space according to the Lady of the House.
Thanks Mike.

Glad it finally sold Mike. I was telling myself I would wait in hopes that it would sell and the temptation would be removed.....

2 weeks later
#1599 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. The vultures are quick in Phoenix.

One or two names come to mind lol

#1602 4 years ago

Haha, I was waiting for you to chime in

3 weeks later
#1640 4 years ago

Still kicking around selling my black MMR LE.

2 months later
#1693 4 years ago

MMRLE #436 black trim, color chip, lazeriffic topper, side art, cliffy's and mantis protectors throughout, shooter lane mylar before ball #1, 265 total plays, like new condition $8200 C&C.

8 months later
#1775 3 years ago

Waiting for someone to want to move a JP premium so I can give that one a try. Also interested in seeing what CGC is offering whenever they get around to it. Trying to keep the collection set to just one wall in the basement so the MET Prem may have to go if I can stomach letting it leave.

#1777 3 years ago

Jake Danzig out here by me did a great job converting his garage, you may want ask him for input.

#1784 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I just sold my TFTC and still debating what game to pick up to replace it. I go back and forth between Metallica and Maiden or a remake or wait on something as no rush. I like the fast way Maiden plays and music but wish it had more toys and only feels like shots which is good but seems to get too much repetitive for as much fun as I have when I play it. Metallica has been more of a challenge for me and ball drainer for missed shots. I always felt Metallica is upgraded TFTC but like Maiden music way more. Or thinking new Monster bash or other remake. Only need one game. How do they compare since appears you own Maiden, Metallica and one of the games remade MM. just curious on thoughts. Thanks.

The remakes are definitely great, I just didn't click with AFM and the MM got stale after a while. Interested in CCR because in a trip to the PHOF a few years ago, the wife was glued to it so it would be nice to do that for her.

I'm the opposite, I love the Metallica music as I grew up on it. I find that while not necessarily a Maiden fan, I am getting to like some of songs. I'm a big fan of the ancient Egyptian theme and the call outs are great. The layout offers some good variety and is fun for the guests to play. This is a game that the wife and I played at Zapcon a few years ago and we both liked the few games we played so much, we asked Marco if they had any floor games for sale. We kept our eye out and found one shortly there after.

Like I said, I much prefer Metallica music and the snake, cross, electric chair and especially the hammer on the premium are great interactive toys that everyone really gets into. Honestly just talking about it, I'm not sure that it's a good idea to sell it lol. Only saving grace would be that my neighbor loved it so much that he bought his first pin and it was a Metallica, so I could always play it over there.

Reason the Metallica was potentially on the block is purely because I've had it the longest (aside from LOTR which I'll die with). I might just have to relent and move to the other wall that will fit another couple of pins if I can't decide which one to let go.

Not sure that helps at all but I've owned MB, AFM, and MM in their remake or original forms and while they are all fun in their own ways, I'd honestly prefer Met or IMDN over any of the other three. But that's just my 2 cents.

#1786 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I would be more curious to hear what other people did as far as insulation.
It’s a 3 bay garage and the previous owner did install foam board panels on the garage doors. I feel like I could probably double up on those though.

He did this too!

1 week later
#1792 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does anyone near the Gilbert area have IRL540N MOSFET transistors? I need one and I really don't want to wait for shipping :/. I know there are like 50 people in town with a boatload of these...I just don't know how to contact anyone other than Kris and I don't want to bother him with something so minor.

I can double check my Digikey/GPE stash but I don't think I have any resistors left.

#1795 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Never mind. I was able to steal it from something else. Unfortunately it didn’t fix my problem.

Ok no problem, sorry to hear about that.

1 week later
#1809 3 years ago
Quoted from Jetfire:

Since everyone’s here For a change, lol Anyone have an AC prem before I drive outta state soon?! Pm me !

I am looking to replace my 2 AC units does that count

Hi-Jack alert!!

Anyone have anything positive or negative to say about George Brazil? Only 10 complaints on BBB with the torch award. Quoted me on 2 X 17 seer York 2 stage split units and feeling like I might go with them vs Goettl, Parker, Alaskan, or Penguin. Just looking for some local HVAC contractor feedback/advice.

#1813 3 years ago

Yea, I've done more reading and research than I would care to admit to. Long story short is that every brand out there is garbage to a group of people and every contractor is also garbage according to the internet. Sometimes there is just too much information which all contradicts each other. I have learned more about AC units and their associated salesmen with their varying tactics than I ever wish to repeat.

The general consensus around York from my research is some of the data is old tape, much of it is from shoddy workmanship on the install, and finally issues with the microchannel design to add efficiency in the heat exchange process. The 17 seer AHRI certified set up I am looking at is traditional tube and fin and not microchannel and I'm looking to go with a contractor that isn't a freind of my cousin that does HVAC on the side. I'm willing to spend the money to have it done right which is why I did an "HVAC Phoenix" search and only called the 6 top rated places. Parker has 43 complaints with the BBB in the last 3 years, Goettl 26, Alaskan 26, Penguin 21, and George Brazil 10.

I don't have the benefit of a referral or personal knowledge of a "Joe's HVAC" type of place that is fair, does great work, and there is no worry about them going anywhere soon to stand behind their warranty. Brazil has the fewest complaints, one of the highest rated of the group and will definitely be here for the next 10 years to stand behind the warranty that they are providing me.

I definitely looked at the Lennox but much of that higher cost for for the unit is from R&D, advertising, etc.. They have many more proprietary parts and you must use the Lennox supply chain to obtain them which means you are at the mercy of their pricing and availability since you cant just swap out a generic replacement part like you can with most other units. You're also dealing with planned obsolescence with many of their boards and some of the other proprietary parts that get frequently changed/upgraded and most installers have fine print that gives them a pass on the warranty if a part is NLA. The Lennox would cost all in about 5K more than the York and they both have the same warranty of 10/10/10. Although if you go through Costco and go with Parker, they do give you 15 years P&L on the Lennox units. It's actually a decent deal with 3 years of maint, 2 S30 thermostats, and 15 year P&L. It is 16 seer vs the 17 of the York and of course would cost 5K more (and more complaints on the BBB site with slightly lower overall internet ratings as a company).

Kind of exhausted with the entire experience and half tempted to say screw it, I'll just wait until they break and I'm forced to do it. But then I know I'll just have to do this all over again which doesn't excite me either.

#1819 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

It was fun as hell, hopefully we can do it again soon. If I only didn't need a kitchen table, I could for sure fit one or two more into that space...but alas, the woman says we need one for some reason haha.

When I was at my worst, I sold our ridiculously fancy (and expensive) kitchen table set (that we never used) for the room to put three more pins in there. Plus it netted me enough money to buy another pin

That didn't last when we moved into the new house. There were several "rules" put in place to ensure my hobbies didn't encroach anywhere. Fortunately now, I have my own 1600 sqft basement that is for all stuff me! Apparently she didn't like the kitchen island being for PF polishing or the family room for PF swaps. Which is a shame because the island was a nice 3ft by 8ft work area. Whatever, relationships are about compromise right!?!?

3 weeks later
#1835 3 years ago

Just throwing this out there as a wild "just in case" so don't hold me to it Buuutttt..... If I do decide to go with an AIQ prem instead of the LE I have coming, anyone local want the LE?

Just signed the contract for the 2 new AC units I've been researching, literally just 10 days ago put the deposit on a JP prem, and am looking to get a JVC RS540U/Stewart Studio Tek 130 G4 screen. I could probably use the 2G's difference to make me feel like I'm being frugal and making sacrafices

#1838 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Had I have know yesterday, 100% yes. Unfortunately I already got one ordered. My trouble is going to be space. With the bar unable to start games again, I am so f’ed. I’ll have to start selling things for losses or rent some kind of storage. I really need to dig a basement under my house .

Yea, I saw your post in the other thread. I'm glad you found one! Thinking about it, by the time I end up PCing the hardware, getting the shaker, blades, and PDI, I'll be in it for a grand anyway so might as well just stay LE.

I have a 1400sq ft basement and it sure does help with room for my toys (and with the wife!).

#1842 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Just do it little by little like in The Shawshank Redemption and dump the dirt in your trash each week so no one notices.

And in just 19 years, Voilà! You're new pinball hang out

1 week later
#1848 3 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

We've been using Custom Coaters of Mesa (912 E Javelina Ave, Mesa, AZ 85204, (480) 926-2628).

What do they charge for a full set of hardware including door and shooter housing?

#1851 3 years ago

Sure. I've been using a place in Tucson so far and I've done 5 games or so, just curious how they compare price/Quality wise.

#1854 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Good to hear you're still using my guy .

Yep, drive's not too bad and I like supporting her running her own business. We usually stop by and grab a Sonoran dog and do some shopping.

#1857 3 years ago
Quoted from HooperTriplett:

How do you guys use? I've had good luck with Elegant Iron.

Them

#1858 3 years ago

If anyone needs a W/B era (don't remember what off of) used coin door in decent shape with mechs, I've got an extra one lying around that I was about to list that I'll let go locally for $100. Let me know if you want first crack at it and I can send you some pics. I also have some stand ups; 2 new white square, 3 red square very little use, 2 skinny rectangle translucent green medium use, and 4 square translucent blue medium use. $40

2 weeks later
#1876 3 years ago

To me it's just about the game clicking with you or not. I consider myself a "theme" buyer, and it has to connect with me or I don't have much luck with the pin. I'm not even close to a Iron Maiden fan but when my wife and I played it at Zap a few years ago, we liked it so much we asked Marco if they had the floor display for sale. From that point on I kept my eye open for one. I think theme that connected with us there was the ancient Egyptian aspect plus it was really fun. Last year we got to play SS and the wife really liked it as well as CC at the PHOF. Obviously those games have their detractors which makes no difference to me, I'll buy what my wife and I click with. Of all the games that have come and gone, the ones that stuck in the collection were themes we were really into and the game being a blast to play. Missing either of those has made the decision for me to move the games along. Granted some that are gone now were still a blast to play, I had just had them for a while and something had to hit the chopping block.

#1880 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan:

Is the Munsters machine that bad? I’m seeing it up for sale like crazy and it just came out

I gave it 10 or so games at Zap last year and it was ok. Didn't really knock my socks off or anything. I was always more of a TAF person vs Munsters so the theme didn't really grab me as much. I wonder how it would have looked and sounded with the OG Addams theme instead... might have been pretty cool.

#1892 3 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Looking for a Stern Jurassic Park Premium within 500 road miles from Phoenix. New or lightly HUO.

I was too Mike but nothing came up over the last 6 months or so. Ended up just ordering a new one from JJ. Should be shipping in the October run this month. Everyone was looking for near new pricing anyway on the HUO JP's due to availability so it didn't make any sense not to order NIB unless I wanted to wait 6 months to a year or so for everything to get back to normal.

2 weeks later
#1958 3 years ago

You know there is another potential housing issue on the horizon when we start hearing "creative" financing commercials on the radio and TV once again...

4 weeks later
#1971 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Was going to put up my JJP POTC LE soon. Original owner, HUO. Comes with a few mods. Will post pics but it looks pristine.
It makes me sad typing this, but I admit after 2 years I just don't play it as much as I used to.

LoL I don't play mine at all lately but they sure are purdy to look at! Also didn't stop me from ordering a JPPrem. I must just like knowing they are there in case I need them

I get a lot of joy when guests get to play them.

1 month later
#1988 3 years ago
Quoted from HooperTriplett:

Thanks all in advance for your advice.
Begininng to think about making a NIB purchase, but uncertain which distributors are recommended in the area. Any recommendations?

JJ at GEX and Trent and Tilt are great guys. I highly recommend both..

2 months later
#2047 3 years ago

They opened Pinal on Thursday to 18+ and my wife and I got our first shots this weekend because she's got quick fingers and she heard it pretty early on the radio.

They're opening 16+ on Tuesday so thinking about trying to get my daughter in who will be 18 in June. A little hesitant on getting hers done though.

1 month later
#2095 2 years ago
Quoted from Nds777:

Looking for a Ghostbusters or Monster Bash. Possibly Deadpool. Anyone selling?

GB are pretty rare out here. There was one for sale a few months ago that I inquired about for my neighbor who keeps bugging me to buy mine but never heard anything back on it.

1 month later
#2139 2 years ago

Hey Guys.

I'm spring cleaning and found a Kasa smart Wi-Fi light switch that I can't use (HS220) if anyone wants it and can meet up in the Ahwatukee area it's yours for free. I also have a roll of UV/BL led's with leads on them if anyone wants those to play around with on any of their games (free as well).

I also have a SM shooter rod I made for my pin that I never got the chance to use before I sold it. Someone local can have it for $20.

I also have a full sheet MM backboard decal from TC that someone can have for free as well.

#2141 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

If anyone is thinking of selling their Ghostbusters Le or Premium shoot me a PM .
Thanks

Best of luck finding one buddy.

I think my neighbor would shoot me if I ever sold to anyone other than him lol... not that I'm selling it.

#2148 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Jarby, does your neighbor follow pinside...

Lol no but he's over at my house pretty often. He was just over playing my new JP prem last weekend. I actually got him hooked with a Cyclone (his favorite game while in college) and then we drove to Colorado for a 2fer that netted him a Met pro and me a IMDN pro.

Coincidentally enough, he just said last weekend that I better offer it to him first if I ever sell it.

3 weeks later
#2157 2 years ago

Lol nice 2X4's holding up the bottom. I'd like to know how bad it was as the pin looks pretty chewed up. I'm still holding out a fools hope for a CGC TAFR some day...

#2163 2 years ago
Quoted from Giebzilla:

You mean the nice decorative wood supports in a natural finish? I was wondering about that as well, I assumed damage to the cabinet and hence the big price drop from sellers stated purchase price.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a Stern distributor? I have decided to take the plunge and buy a NIB Stern and I am a little worried about playfields and quality control so I would sure appreciate some suggestions on who would be good to buy from. Thanks in advance.

You can't go wrong with JJ at Game Exchange or Trent at Tilt Amusements. My newly delivered JP Prem was great, no issues.

#2172 2 years ago
Quoted from PappaDubz:

I took a screenshot of the add but it doesn’t let me add it to this thread to see if it was your pin

Yea it's a stupid rule with regional threads to try and get people not to circumvent listing and paying Pinside for game transactions. The net effect is you literally can't share any photos of anything with your local peeps. Kinda lame if you ask me.

1 month later
#2191 2 years ago

I would be surprised if they didn't do another run or even two once the supply chain issues finally get resolved.

1 year later
#2338 1 year ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

I make a few trips a year (sometimes as far as Maryland), and I have made some great pinball connections. I am ALWAYS willing to watch for/pick up/transport games for local pinheads as a favor…except for the few who have managed to work their way onto my ‘shit list’. Haha….

LoL that might be an interesting story (stories)... Local shenanigan's are never a good thing.

4 months later
#2401 1 year ago

Hey Guys, a few questions for the local group that I was looking for input on:

Anyone using a powder coater in the local Phoenix area that they could refer as doing a good job on pinball parts?

I have an EM ('76 Far Out) that I would just like to get up and running (not restored, just functioning). Any EM expert repair service out there?

Also ISO PDI glass if anyone has any extra sheets that they bought but maybe decided not to use (WB or Standard).

Thanks!

1 month later
#2427 1 year ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

So who are the go to Stern Distributors nib. I’m thinking about getting in on Godzilla premium but have no real clue where to start. Of if any are actually in stock right now.

JJ at GEX or Trent at Tilt Amusement are both great guys.

1 year later
#2773 34 days ago
Quoted from DanTheMan:

Hey all. My wife and I are really wanting a machine with bells and chimes. What worries me is my ability and parts availability to fix EM’s. I am still a noob. Would you have suggestions, keeping in mind ease of finding parts and ease of skill set? Score reels worry the crap out of me. Thanks in advance.

While you can't prevent needing to fix them, it's always helpful to start with one that's been gone through and is working 100%. It's usually easier to keep one running then to get one running. I would think that Jake could help you find one local or you could pick one up from Kris that's already been gone through if you can't find one from someone else that was trustworthy. Maybe next year look at Zap in person for any that are for sale if you're not in a rush.

Candidly, I have a '76 Far Out in my garage that I've needed to get up and running and just never find the time to dig into it. I would love to find a local EM expert that I could leverage to just get it up and running (and out of my garage), and then I can maintain it from there.

3 weeks later
#2812 11 days ago
Quoted from mstefani77:

Who do you guys use for repair work in the valley? I got a Medieval Madness (chicago remake) that I've noticed the inserts are a little lifted especially the castle ones by the flippers. It's not much, but it's enough to make the ball do some crazy movement at slow speeds so sooner or later I"m going to have to address it. Anyone got someone they recommend for work like that and or a ballpark of what something like that costs to repair? Up in Cave Creek. Thanks,

Not sure what you have in mind because that could be anything from a full PF swap to just leveling/gluing the inserts (which depending on where they are can involve different levels of work). I've never paid or been paid to do either as I do the work myself for my own pins so can't help you with cost estimates. Kris is always a good person to reach out to for help: https://firebirdpinball.com/

#2820 10 days ago

Kris saves the day again

#2822 10 days ago
Quoted from mstefani77:

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Will give removing the decals a try.

I'm not sure of the material they used. Is it a static cling type of thing, a thin decal, or more of a printed on Mylar? Beware of the adhesive pulling up what's underneath if it is too strong. If unsure, I always use the freeze spray method to be safe.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jarbyjibbo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/az-whats-fsft?tu=Jarbyjibbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.