AZ_TZ_FS_D4449_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4448_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4446_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4444_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4445_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4443_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4441_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4442_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aniraf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1386 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Not local. I'd like to have the dolly that is made to lift pinball machines so I have it when I need it. I always see them for sale and now that I am moving I can't find one. I don't have help moving them so its a situation that I need something that allows me to move them on my own.

The harbor freight lift carts work pretty well. I got the 1000lbs one, and my only complaint is that the cart itself is hard to move.

#1396 5 years ago

I’ve been trying to cycle older games into my friend’s bar and do the coin-op thing. That said, I pre-ordered an Oktoberfest machine from American Pinball the day pre-orders went live. Reading the posts above, is this something people would go to my friend’s bar in Chandler to play? I suspect it will be the only one on location for a little while. I still haven’t seen a #tna on location in AZ and I’ve thought about putting mine out there. I’m not looking to make a lot of money, I just love the game and don’t have space for a monster collection.

#1398 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

What bar? My aunt lives in Ah-wah....tuki, can’t ever spell that. Anyway, I want to play OK, and would any time I am up there and can break away.

Hop Central (https://hopcentralbrewery.com). I have a Scorpion and Firepower there now. I’m almost done with a PinBot then hope to get OK in March if I am lucky.

#1401 5 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Sweet, right down the street from work. I’ll definitely stop and check it out. You should definitely put more pins there

LOL! I wish...it isn't my bar and they don't want it to be a full pinball bar, but at very least I'll have 2-3 in there always. If you guys want to stay in touch on the forums, I typically update this post every time I add something or clean/wax them. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorpion-phoenix.

Post local licensing, taxes and repairs, they almost manage to pay for themselves . It certainly isn't a cash grab, so don't judge me for charging money...but I love the idea of socializing these great old games. It also gives me experience restoring them, and as I said earlier I get to own more of them if I can find places for them to live.

#1408 5 years ago

The bar is awesome, but they don’t have food. That said, they are surrounded by it and you can bring in anything you want. Also a lot of the surrounding places deliver there.

#1412 5 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

I'm from NY so I hate most Chinese places here, but China Magic Noodle House on Warner and Dobson was pretty tasty if you want noodles. They hand make them.

Bingo! China Magic Noodle house, shaved noodles...fantastic! Otherwise you're right, most Chinese food here is meh. I've had some mediocre Thai that is mostly inconsistent, but some really good Teppanyaki. Most of the places I would suggest are not in that Chandler/Ahwatukee area though :/.

#1425 5 years ago

I don’t even understand these Craigslist scams on pinball. What are they trying to get?

Different topic; I went to tilt tonight. I think Munster’s is pretty good, Deadpool is great and the Beatles is about as boring as you could make it. Maybe I am missing something with the Beatles, but it felt so lame.

I hate that tilt only has pro versions of everything. The LE versions are like different games.

2 weeks later
#1440 5 years ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

If you look at the Zapcon page (the home page is the only one currently updated) you can order a Star Trek pro for $4950 out the door price. I know cuz I checked on that very machine. They set it up at Zapcon, on free play for the weekend, and then you take it Sunday. Have to pay by April 11.
Speaking of Zapcon, it is not listed on Pinside under events.

I think you need to bring a game to the show for that correct?

#1454 5 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Looking for pinball repair as good as firebird. Kris is too busy. Pm me on who you use and who you avoid. Thanks.

What do you need repaired? Can we help you on the forums?

3 weeks later
#1487 5 years ago

Updated the lineup at HopC. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorpion-phoenix#post-4934058. Hope my “Johnny Appleseed of Pinball” approach eventually helps make someone’s day .

1 week later
#1494 4 years ago
Quoted from GarlandJenkins:

I’m selling a Judge Dredd. Great shape, plays 100%. $3500.

It looks really nice. I'm trying to talk a few friends into buying it from you .

1 week later
#1513 4 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Out of curiosity what will be the prices on Star Trek & Space Shuttle?

That Space Shuttle is nice.

#1514 4 years ago

I really loved that Champion Pub! Whoever brought that, ty!

#1537 4 years ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

I have a few games I would be interested in trading +/- cash if needed. I would be interested in ACNC, TWD, Champion Pub, Junkyard, RFM, Twilight Zone, Indiana Jones, are the ones that pop to mind, but open to others as well. Not interested in EMs. I can send pics to anyone interested.
-Thanks!
-Tom
My games are:
Lord of the Rings w/colordmd
Star Trek Pro w/colordmd
Slugfest

I need another house!

Coindork is Spaseff on these forums? I want to line up my Scorpion for an ultimate restoration. I know he is busy for a bit, but I want to make sure I am in the queue.

1 month later
#1555 4 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan:

Wish I could of gotten that Sorcerer but I’m out of town( I work out of town)
I was back home a few weeks ago and stopped by tilt. Was really looking forward to Munsters and meh. You know I’ve tried but I just don’t like the big screens on a pinball machine. Just can’t get with it.

I think the Munsters needs the mini playfield to make it more interesting. The pro version they have at Tilt is bad imo.

2 weeks later
#1566 4 years ago
Quoted from scorche:

Hey folks!
I am fresh to the hobby, but I do fall pretty hard... I have played pinball plenty in the past (especially on my uncle's machines back in the day - #party-zone , #addams-family , #elvira-and-the-party-monsters , and #terminator-2-judgment-day ), but haven't looked seriously at getting my own until recently when I was playing a friend's Total Nuclear Annihilation for hours. I do make it out to Starfighters every now and then, but it isn't the closest to me...
I have a ton of games in my wishlist, but I won't go near them without getting a fair amount of dedicated time to play them first. I am currently on the hunt for Total Nuclear Annihilation and #addams-family to have at home. Anyone looking to part with either of those?
Failing that, I am asking something similar to https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/az-whats-fsft/page/30#post-4904131 , which is what distributors do you folks go to for new games since it doesn't seem like we have them in AZ? Orange County Pinballs was mentioned - that whom folks typically go to? What is your experience with them for support, considering they are in another state? It was mentioned that OC Pinballs shipped overnight to Sky Harbor - is that how they prefer to ship it, or was that done for cost? I can probably go and ask them some questions though...
I am thinking seriously about a Deadpool (Limited Edition) or #deadpool-premium too - especially if I find that I can't wait for something else.

I know this sounds strange, but I swear the Black Knight Sword of Rage (LE) plays kind of like Total Nuclear Annihilation. I have both and I see a ton of parallels. Deadpool (Limited Edition) is a very nice game as well.

All of the machines I've shipped here come to my house via FedEX or UPS or something. I wouldn't hassle with the airport unless it is super inexpensive. That said, I've only ever used distributors out of state for new pins. I can give you contact info if you're looking.

Lastly, don't limit yourself to getting a brand new pin. there are quite a few 80s pins in the valley that are completely fantastic. They are a great way to learn about the maintenance and experience the other side of the hobby...tweaking, cleaning and restoring them .

#1572 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I know this sounds strange, but I swear the Black Knight Sword of Rage (LE) plays kind of like Total Nuclear Annihilation. I have both and I see a ton of parallels. Deadpool (Limited Edition) is a very nice game as well.
All of the machines I've shipped here come to my house via FedEX or UPS or something. I wouldn't hassle with the airport unless it is super inexpensive. That said, I've only ever used distributors out of state for new pins. I can give you contact info if you're looking.
Lastly, don't limit yourself to getting a brand new pin. there are quite a few 80s pins in the valley that are completely fantastic. They are a great way to learn about the maintenance and experience the other side of the hobby...tweaking, cleaning and restoring them .

I forgot to mention kbliznick is an amazing local resource and always has a collection worth looking at. If you want to play black knight LE, I am going to put mine in a local bar in about a week.

#1579 4 years ago
Quoted from Erzak:

Any idea if this is in addition to the pins already there, or is it replacing one of them?

Oh, sorry for the delay! I am adding them, so there will be 4. If it does well for the bar, maybe they will consider more . I like operating them as a hobby, but it it is really up to those guys as to how deep we go. I put the original in there mainly because I like their beer and I feel every bar needs pinball.

#1583 4 years ago
Quoted from TODD969:

erzak supposed to be Oktoberfest

Correct. I have to give some props to this thing too! It took me a while to get it dialed in, but I think it is playing great now. I’ve had a ton of people over to play test them and make sure they are solid. The only fluke thing I am still dealing with is that 1 out of 50 times the ball jumps out of the Oktoberfest VUK ramp. Maybe even less often, but I haven’t been keeping count since getting it really close to perfect.

Hopefully the AZ crew will be able to experience the games. They are two of the best I have ever played. Also they couldn’t be more different…which I think will help the bar because I know when I want to drink and play pins, I want variety .

#1588 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

aniraf
A couple quick questions about the venue as I’ve never been.
1) Do they serve food?
2) Are kids allowed (with parental supervision)?
Trying to figure out if Trish and I need to get someone to watch the kids or not.

They don’t serve food, but are surrounded by options and you can bring anything in or DoorDash, etc.

As far as I know, they have zero issue with kids as I’ve seen plenty of them there. I think there may be a law against them sitting at the bar, but otherwise it is a decent place for that. I wouldn’t go so far as to say it is a family location since it is a bar/brewery, but it is a chill place that can handle kids.

Hope that helps!

1 week later
#1598 4 years ago
Quoted from GarlandJenkins:

So who picked up the $450 taxi? Looked like a bidding war was about to happen. Any playfield pics?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. The vultures are quick in Phoenix.

#1603 4 years ago

So...the "tournament" at Hop C this weekend has gotten some attention from people. I don't know who, but the bar owners keep telling me that people have a "lot of questions" about how it is going to work. That said, I've researched some info around pinball tournaments and settled on using this system called Match Play which looks to offer some nice features.

That said, I need some help from anyone in the local pin community who knows how to run these things. I'm looking at a "Best Game" format which requires for me to set each of the four machines as an "arena". Before even opening registration, I need to define how many plays each player gets on each "arena" which is where I'm getting stuck. If I assume the "tournament" runs for like two hours, I would imagine I could only support a few plays on each machine.

My math looks like this: Average 3 ball game = 5 minutes. ~12 single player games per hour per machine. Obviously I'll run into timing issues if someone is up on one machine and still playing another. Based on my logic, if I wanted to allow people 2 attempts per game in roughly 2 hours, I could only support 12 players?

I would imagine we won't have a ton of people, but I need to know if these numbers seem sound. Is two plays per game logical? The games will be on free play most of the night, I just need to put some parameters around the tournament so that it is fair and fun.

Also, can I play in my own tournament? I've never played in a tournament before .

Any help would be appreciated!

#1606 4 years ago
Quoted from TracyLindy:

aniraf there are a lot of options for you, both with matchplay software and without. The right way to organize it really depends on your goals for the event. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about your options, I run a lot of tournaments in the area and have used matchplay a lot. If I were doing a non-IFPA tournament where I'm looking for 4 high score winners on 4 different machines, I'd use paper on a clipboard and have people record their own scores as they finish a game. It's a casual tournament so I'd keep it casual. If you are only doing 2 hours of tournament though, you should update the facebook event so people who are interested know what they are getting into. I posted on the PlayMorePinball share an update that I got from the bar that they didn't have to arrive at a specific time to participate which made it sound like they could play anytime during the event which is 6-11. An update would help you not have upset people who arrive at 9 thinking they can participate.

Honestly I am happy running it until 11 and letting people hop in and out whenever they please. That said, I started to worry that people would hog a single machine. There is no way for me to count how many chances each participant took.

The only reason I started to debate any parameters is because I want everyone to be fair. I don’t trust people enough to let them figure it out . Ideally if you show up at 9, you should get first play over the person who showed up at 6 and had 10 tries.

I appreciate the help! I’ll PM you for additional ideas.

#1615 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Trish and I are going to head down that way Saturday to check out the the event aniraf is putting on.
You should show up, sounds like its going to be a good time. Ill even buy you a beer
Figured we would go check that out for a while and then take the kids to starfighters afterwards.

I hope it is a good time. Please excuse me if a bunch of people show up and stuff gets out of control . I'm going to do my best to keep it fun.

#1620 4 years ago
Quoted from Erzak:

I'm guessing that this must be a scam of some sort:
https://offerup.com/item/detail/672061853/

+1 for some kind of scam. There is no way. People are such aholes.

#1627 4 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Wanted the Spy Hunter listed last night but was too exhausted to go chasing. Looks like a fun score

I know...I was looking too. Did he already sell it? I thought it looked interesting but then got a little scared once I read some of the reviews. There was a Gold Wings listed around here that looked pretty good too...but it was expensive. I'm always in for something fair priced and kind of unique .

#1629 4 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Both awful games. If I had to pick one over the other I'd go with the Goldwings. Loop ramp is cool when it's not broken (it always is, metal tabs come off). Make sure to hook up the air raid siren on that one and play it with the garage door open to freak out the neighbors.

Lol. Good to know! I guess I’ll stick to the new ones or the classics that I have actually played.

2 weeks later
#1636 4 years ago

I put up 943,240 on the Firepower at Hop Central. I'm pretty proud of that . Are you going to sell your old Jurassic Park for the new one @coindork?

#1641 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I really like my Data East Jurassic Park, so it's staying.
Haven't decided yet if I'll get the new one, I really wan't to play it first and see how I like it.
I did pick up a Monster Bash LE as well as Alice Coopers Nightmare castle so I got my fix (at least for a little while).

I’m going to get the LE for the bar if you want to wait and check it out. I don’t know how anything can beat BKSoR which I absolutely love for some reason.

I really want to play ACNC! I thought that game looked great!

#1642 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I have the whitewood engineering sample of WPT, chromed and pimped out, for sale.

What is WPT? Sorry, I don’t know the code for that one.

#1647 4 years ago

Who owns the Judge Dredd that keeps getting listed on CraigsList? It looks pretty nice.

1 week later
#1654 4 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

'Theatre of Magic' is sold (I will make a Pinside donation). 'Avatar LE' is spoken for (off of CL) and awaiting deposit. I still have a remarkably nice Sega 'Lost World:Jurassic Park', and soon I am likely to list an HUO (true collector-quality) 'Tales of the Arabian Nights' with the sword topper. Thanks, Michael.

I cannot buy another game, I cannot buy another game, I cannot buy another game…could you share pictures of the Totan?

#1665 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

BTW, I saw this machine in person.
It is friggin gorgeous.

Stop tempting me you horrible person!

2 months later
#1690 4 years ago

In case you didn't see it, I put Jurassic Park (Limited Edition) in at Hop Central. Hopefully some of you will enjoy it as much as I do!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorpion-phoenix/page/2#post-5277647

2 weeks later
#1700 4 years ago

I'm going to run tournaments...hopefully this goes well . You can read about them in the HOP Central thread which is named Scorpion after the first game on location . https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorpion-phoenix.

2 weeks later
#1704 4 years ago

Does anyone have contact info for the person/persons who used to have PayRange enabled games at The Grid in Mesa? I am interested in buying the PayRange devices if they are no longer in use. My shitty coin machine is making me crazy!

#1707 4 years ago
Quoted from MrDucks:

That’s Len. If you’re at yucca tomorrow ask, people have his number.

I will, if I can make it tonight.

#1709 4 years ago
Quoted from ss2049:

I have Len’s number if you need it.
Scott

Yeah, or email. I feel weird just calling the guy.

I missed the tournament on Tuesday because of work, but I am going to get myself involved in the community a bit more. Everyone is cool and it is nice to talk about pinball with people who don’t think I am out of my mind with a freak obsession .

7 months later
#1791 3 years ago

Does anyone near the Gilbert area have IRL540N MOSFET transistors? I need one and I really don't want to wait for shipping :/. I know there are like 50 people in town with a boatload of these...I just don't know how to contact anyone other than Kris and I don't want to bother him with something so minor.

#1793 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I can double check my Digikey/GPE stash but I don't think I have any resistors left.

Thanks! I appreciate it. I have a bunch of TIP102s but nothing that matches the power ratings for the IRL540N .

#1794 3 years ago

Never mind. I was able to steal it from something else. Unfortunately it didn’t fix my problem.

2 weeks later
#1829 3 years ago

I’ve been thinking about selling that Firepower I have at HOP Central. I love the game, but due to Covid rules it is just collecting dust. I did a ton of work to it, and I would say it is one of the nicer ones I have seen. I’ll toss this out here just to see if anyone is interested.

2 weeks later
#1837 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Just throwing this out there as a wild "just in case" so don't hold me to it Buuutttt..... If I do decide to go with an AIQ prem instead of the LE I have coming, anyone local want the LE?
Just signed the contract for the 2 new AC units I've been researching, literally just 10 days ago put the deposit on a JP prem, and am looking to get a JVC RS540U/Stewart Studio Tek 130 G4 screen. I could probably use the 2G's difference to make me feel like I'm being frugal and making sacrafices

Had I have know yesterday, 100% yes. Unfortunately I already got one ordered. My trouble is going to be space. With the bar unable to start games again, I am so f’ed. I’ll have to start selling things for losses or rent some kind of storage. I really need to dig a basement under my house .

#1840 3 years ago
Quoted from Melhadmj:

Hi AZ! Need to make room so I thought I’d offer availability here before I bring my GB premium to market. HUO modded out (shaker, midnight purple powder coat, speaker lights, ecto car, pinblades , etc) CDMD available. Message if interested for pics, videos, or to stop by for a flip (Phx). Enjoy the long weekend!

Ughh, can we stop talking about games I want but don’t have space for?

Does anyone know how to illegally dig under my neighborhood and build a pinball speakeasy?

#1843 3 years ago

This is the most addictive hobby I have found yet!

Does anyone have the name of someone in town who could tack weld a wire ramp? Ideally without needing to chrome it.

1 week later
#1861 3 years ago

Do we either have a stern rep in town, or another person who might have stern long range onto emitters/receivers in stock if I need them? I am having an issue with a game and I might need to rapidly repair it for tomorrow (long story).

I may need https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-long-range-opto-emitter-assembly.html and https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-long-range-opto-receiver-assembly.html.

At some point I am just going to build a huge stock of this crap because I hate that we can’t get anything without waiting a week .

3 weeks later
#1919 3 years ago

I cannot wait to fire up the machines at HOP Central again. I’ve been told that I cannot allow play because HOP doesn’t serve food. Basically the COVID rules limit a place that is just a bar. How are the social distancing things working at the other places? Do you guys feel safe when you venture out?

At this point I am seriously considering digging a pinball bunker in my back years to start playing all of my machines again.

#1924 3 years ago

Yeah, my wife and I cannot take the political spin on all of this. To me, this is very simple...there is a virus that is dangerous. I don't care how dangerous, I just know I don't want to get it. I have an option to wear a mask and social distance until we have solid science around fighting or preventing it. I choose to do both, and as such I haven't fired up my pins at HOP C for a while now. It crushes my soul, but I feel that it simply must be this way until I see evidence of change.

To your point @sunsfan, I do feel like everyone has lost their damn mind. I've argued with good friends about masks and the tell me "well the CDC and Fauci reversed their position on them..." I'm like, when did the internet do your thinking for you. When it rains, you use an umbrella right? That is because you want that thin piece of fabric to keep the water off your head. Why would wearing a mask be anything different? Why does anyone need to even tell you to wear a mask?

I love the internet but I truly believe it has caused people to stop thinking. Common sense is no longer a thing. Fake reviews and Facebook/NextDoor/Twitter/etc posts have become the source of everyone's thoughts. Even this (pinside) is a bummer in terms of people just throwing out their own personal BS to start fights.

Anyway...I'll stop ranting...it isn't worth the time. I'm pent up and need pinball!

#1927 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan:

Right. Anyways how’s that Medusa coming along.

Yeah, I love that game too! I would love to see some pictures once you guys are ready to share.

#1929 3 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

Will share photos on the Medusa as it comes along. We have a pretty cool topper in the works too. Still a week or so away from finishing up Space Shuttle, then taking a little break... then on to Medusa.
Its not in bad shape now (this is the one that was on the Captains Auction a couple months ago). Repaired the two partially working displays, picked up the CPR playfield from the big eBay sale that happened around the same time. Need to figure out how to up our stencil game... the job we did on Space Shuttle needs more touchup than I'd like... not the fault of the stencils... we're still better at the playfield/electronics part of the game than the paint part
Plus we'll start doing at least a couple open tournaments a year again once IFPA opens up tournament sanctioning again, so you'll be able to see it in person... someday *sigh*...

Yeah, this is really hard. I know the Bat and Starfighters are doing tournaments but I am just not ready for that level of social interaction. Granted I had to let my daughter return to school...so I'm pretty certain that is a ticking time bomb.

I didn't know that you were into complete restorations down to the paint! That is awesome! I've thought about getting into it myself, but the clear coat is so damn toxic that I'm hesitant to dive in without really doing a good job at protecting myself and my family.

5 months later
#2030 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

All joking aside, there’s part of me that wants one as well. We were talking about it the other day that I could always just buy a conex box to put on the property just to put a Hercules in it.

Isn’t that the game that uses a cue ball?

#2042 3 years ago

Got my second shot! I’m going to go to PinBrew in OH to celebrate . After that I’ll get HOP Central back on track with tournaments and stuff. Anyone interested can expect me to have some game rotation and everything ready in April.

Speaking of game rotation, is anyone interested in my Oktoberfest? The game has been on route, but if you know me it is perfect . I have a protector on it and I’m pretty anal about cleaning, waxing and changing balls. Just PM me if you are interested. I love the game, but it seems like a better home game than a bar/tournament game.

#2046 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Getting my first next week bud! It's still going to be awhile before there's an excess of appointments... So if anyone is interested in getting a shot as soon as possible, check out the volunteer opportunities here. Help out with the vaccination site for a single shift and get your first shot along with a scheduled appointment for the second.
https://www.handsonphoenix.org/vaccinatestate48

I did this...it was great!

3 weeks later
#2063 3 years ago

I figured I would stop by and let this group know I've powered up all of the games at HOP Central! Also, you can expect me to start selling a few pretty soon because I went to PinBrewFest (https://pinbrewfest.com/) this weekend and was blown away by some games I really shouldn't own . I played The Big Lebowski and it was so insanely good...I almost walked away with it for 16k! I just couldn't figure out a great way to ship it before my friends in Ohio put 8000 games on it .

I'll be swapping out games and getting some new blood into the bar as soon as possible. I'm also thinking about running some non-sanctioned tournaments starting near the end of this month.

Hopefully we can get back to some kind of norm before too long .

#2066 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Both Elvira and Rick and Morty are pretty awesome games.

Agreed. Rick and Morty doesn't have a great flow to me yet...but it feels like I am on the verge of loving it. I hate this stupid hobby, I'm pretty sure I love 90% of the games I've played.

#2068 3 years ago

I am really curious if the correct bushings would make the shots any different. I suspect it wasn't prototyped on a machine with that super thin playfield that Spooky came up with? I absolutely echo your sentiment around the game. If they keep with the code and figure out a way to tweak the flippers it might end up being a great game.

#2079 3 years ago

I have this increasingly realistic dream of building an underground arcade in my back yard. The amount of research I have done on this is idiotic I am sure, but shit…can you imagine how amazing that would be?

2 weeks later
#2104 2 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Yeah, that's the one I play at Electric Bat. Their pinball selection is pretty sweet these days.. EHOH I played at Hop Central, but haven't been there in a year...

Because they are alcohol only COVID was pretty rough. I’ve been getting everything cleaned up, waxed and ready to roll. Hopefully EHOH will be absolutely perfect next time you head over. Thanks for dropping coins and funding my addictions .

2 weeks later
#2112 2 years ago
Quoted from HooperTriplett:

Pardon the cross-posting, but an Arizonan needs help selling his substantial collection - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sad-news-need-to-liquidate

Oh man, this is horrible! I don’t know him but I have always marveled at his amazing collection. I really hope he can beat it!

1 month later
#2162 2 years ago
Quoted from Giebzilla:

You mean the nice decorative wood supports in a natural finish? I was wondering about that as well, I assumed damage to the cabinet and hence the big price drop from sellers stated purchase price.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a Stern distributor? I have decided to take the plunge and buy a NIB Stern and I am a little worried about playfields and quality control so I would sure appreciate some suggestions on who would be good to buy from. Thanks in advance.

I’ve been buying them from Jason at Classic Game Rooms in GA. You can PM me and I would be happy to give you the details. The guy has been really solid.

1 month later
#2180 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

I recently acquired a Whitewater which was completely restored by Chad Keller around five or six years ago. The buyer knew to remove the batteries, but it sat legs off since then. It is essentially a new Chad Keller restored WH2O, which you cannot get anymore. It has an original topper, a beautifully clear coated Diamond Plate play field and is in the condition you would expect for a 'newly' restored Whitewater. A ColorDMD and LEDs are being added as well as making sure it is dialed in. I will be offering it for trade toward an HUO Madalorian LE or an HUO Star Wars Comic Art Premium, but if anyone local is interested, PM me. Thanks.

Damn, I asked for additional pictures on that machine but he sold it to you before he even got home to take the pictures. I am not familiar with Chad Keller, but I suspect if someone was naming him in the add, his work must be good.

#2186 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

Here is the ad for the Whitewater I can bring back to the Valley for the right deal, if someone is interested:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-white-water-116

Is that the one you bought here? It is amazing looking!! If only I had more space!

#2189 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

It is! As you can see, I'm looking for specific trades, however I am *very* tempted to just bring it home and add it to the "Williams Room". I have *one* more space available...

When you start talking about having rooms for pinball brands...I get a little jealous.

1 month later
#2212 2 years ago

Do we have any AZ pinheads in Banning that could transport a game if I win it?

#2214 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The Electric Bat crew is out there according to some pics they posted earlier today.

Cool, if I win I’ll get in touch with them! Ty.

1 year later
#2459 1 year ago

I have an Elvira's House of Horrors (Limited Edition) that I’m considering selling in order to fund a 40th edition version. I’ve been operating the LE, but it is in great condition. Before selling it, I would completely clean and restore anything worn from operating. I operate my games with playfield protection, and work hard to keep them as perfect as possible.

I’m just looking to measure interest before I start making plans.

2 months later
#2522 10 months ago

Edit: this is currently spoken for. Will post if anything changes.

Does anyone need a lift cart? I have the harbor freight 1000lb version, but I recently switched to another method. I’d be happy to get $50 for it. It is in complete working condition and does the job well.

6 months later
#2668 3 months ago

Two things

1) if anyone wants a playfield protector for a Jurassic Park Pre/LE I’ve got one for free to the first person to pm me for it. The reason is that I tried a different brand and I am not happy with the material. It would be fine for someone who isn’t as picky, but I don’t care for it.

2) if someone has an extra stern newton ball I would gladly take it. I have one on the way, but you know how it feels to be patient when it comes to pinball parts. :/

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aniraf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/az-whats-fsft?tu=Aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.