AZ_TZ_FS_D4449_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4448_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4446_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4444_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4445_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4443_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4441_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4442_(resized).jpg

There are 2,802 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 57.
#2051 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Anyone in Phoenix own a Gottlieb Subway or Cross Town wedge head they want to get rid of? any leads on one in Phoenix area would be appreciated.

Quoted from kbliznick:

Found a Crosstown at a Garage sale in Scottsdale 10 years ago for $60!!! Unfortunately had water damage on the pf. When I listed it I had 3 people from out of state that were ready to drive out immediately for it. Only one I've seen or heard of in AZ and it went to California.

I sold a really nice Cross Town locally a few years ago for $1700.

#2052 3 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Found a Crosstown at a Garage sale in Scottsdale 10 years ago for $60!!! Unfortunately had water damage on the pf. When I listed it I had 3 people from out of state that were ready to drive out immediately for it. Only one I've seen or heard of in AZ and it went to California.

I picked a nice one up at an estate sale a couple years ago for $300, so that’s 2.
Gave it to one of the dads at the the kids school just before Covid. Dude has helped me load the truck for ZapCon a couple times and helped me out with a lot of other stuff.
It was in good shape, but had sat for 30 years and needed gone through.
He spent most of his free time during quarantine going through it and has it working now pretty close to 100% now.
That ones up here in the Cave Creek area.

#2053 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Anyone in Phoenix own a Gottlieb Subway or Cross Town wedge head they want to get rid of? any leads on one in Phoenix area would be appreciated.

I have only one pin, Cross Town, and it is my baby. In the last year my "co-workers" are in my office trying to see who can make it past 1999 the fasest, makes for great Zoom background noise. It is here in AZ. You can see it in my "game room".

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/waszapped

#2054 3 years ago
Quoted from WasZapped:

I have only one pin, Cross Town, and it is my baby. In the last year my "co-workers" are in my office trying to see who can make it past 1999 the fasest, makes for great Zoom background noise. It is here in AZ. You can see it in my "game room".
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/waszapped

There you are.

#2055 3 years ago

I feel lucky I got a Central Park for $1100 fully working 100% and it is in fantastic shape for its age. I have spent more dimes in a Subway than any other ten cent machine. One of the best Wedgeheads and add a ball titles of the period. On a good day we could play for hours on a single dollar.

#2056 2 years ago

Thinking about trading my DE Guns and Roses. Great condition, purchased from Firebird. Powder Coated green. Just looking for something newer / more modern. Things interested in currently Who Dunnit (lol, I know not moderm), Rick and Morty, Ghostbusters. Open to other ideas (plus or minus cash).

Added over 3 years ago:

Traded

#2057 2 years ago

Anyone else wondering how much longer that overpriced propeller is going to be listed on CL? Or how about that scoreboard nobody wants? You’d think eventually they’d just give up and haul it to the dump

phoenix.craigslist.org link

#2058 2 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Anyone else wondering how much longer that overpriced propeller is going to be listed on CL? Or how about that scoreboard nobody wants? You’d think eventually they’d just give up and haul it to the dump

the scoreboard would be cool if i had basketball games in my living room

#2059 2 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

the scoreboard would be cool if i had basketball games in my living room

Or hang it on the wall by a Super Chex

#2060 2 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:Anyone else wondering how much longer that overpriced propeller is going to be listed on CL? Or how about that scoreboard nobody wants? You’d think eventually they’d just give up and haul it to the dump

The prop is cool, but not $4K cool. Maybe $0.4K cool.

#2061 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

The prop is cool, but not $4K cool. Maybe $0.4K cool.

For $4K, I'll can personally carve you an exact duplicate of a 1903 Wright Brothers propeller... I've done it before, I could do it again.

TL;DR
A side note, my brother and I, homeboys from Dayton Ohio, helped build and fly a 1903 WB Flyer for the 100th year anniversary of the invention of flight for Dayton's centennial of flight Celebration back in 2003. I helped build 3 WB Flyers while I worked for the Wright Brothers Airplane Company, a historical forensic exploration of the invention of controlled, sustained flight. The company went to schools and gave historic static displays of Wright Brothers aircraft that we built and tried to fly, the same way the original Brothers did. I built parts of the static 1903 display aircraft, while my brother worked on the flying bird, building the entire powertrain that was used to fly it. We had a replica WB engine, but chose instead to try and fly using a twin cylinder 25 horse power Briggs and Stratton due to the outright extreme fire hazzard danger the original engine design posed. The power plant weighed the same as the original motor and provided 12 bhp to the props, and was the only engine the three pilots agreed to try and fly with based on reliability, safety and the lack of inherent propensity to spontaneously combust while operating. I carved a pair of props for the display bird, the exact same way Wilber did using hand tools and a draw knife. The ribs for the aircraft were assembled by the children under our supervision, and when they were finished with it, they signed it. They made tiny replica ribs to take home, all made the exact same way the big rib was made. So every time we gave a demo, we got a finished rib or two or three depending on the size of the class. The rest of the bird we made, and let me tell you, there is a lot to do. Of all the teams across America that built and tried to fly a replica In 2003, our bird was the only one that actually flew. And we determined why all the other teams failed, and why the Wright Brothers succeeded. Cold. The 1903 flyer loves to fly in thick cold air, and when we got ours to fly, the morning we finally flew, the temperature was 10 degrees Fahrenheit in Dayton, the same As Kittyhawk was the morning in December in 1903. It makes the props more efficient, and the wings more efficient. This allowed it to overcome ground effects that they later learned about when they tried to fly in Dayton after they returned and built their next aircraft. You need the launch tower and drop weight to get the aircraft airspeed above ground effects when temperatures are not freezing and you don't have a constant 50mph headwind like Kittyhawk did.

1 week later
#2062 2 years ago

I have a Rick and Morty Bloodsuckers Edition which I'm really enjoying (hilarious! and new code just dropped), but I would trade it toward an Elvira LE (with cash added by me) or a Star Wars Premium Comic Art or Star Trek LE (we could discuss relative values there), if anyone is interested. They would need to be HUO with no defects. The Rick and Morty is pristine with a very cool topper. I also have an HUO Total Nuclear Annihilation I would consider trading, as well. PM me if interested.

#2063 2 years ago

I figured I would stop by and let this group know I've powered up all of the games at HOP Central! Also, you can expect me to start selling a few pretty soon because I went to PinBrewFest (https://pinbrewfest.com/) this weekend and was blown away by some games I really shouldn't own . I played The Big Lebowski and it was so insanely good...I almost walked away with it for 16k! I just couldn't figure out a great way to ship it before my friends in Ohio put 8000 games on it .

I'll be swapping out games and getting some new blood into the bar as soon as possible. I'm also thinking about running some non-sanctioned tournaments starting near the end of this month.

Hopefully we can get back to some kind of norm before too long .

#2064 2 years ago

I'm going to throw a beautifully restored, collector-quality 'Getaway' with chrome and mods, and a KILLER Data East 'Jurassic Park' with a CLEAN playfield and many mods (shaker, ColorDMD, custom translite, Stern topper, Stern pinblades, opening park gate, among others) into the ring as trade bait for an Elvira LE. In fact, the more I play this Rick and Morty - the more I think it might be a keeper.

#2065 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

I'm going to throw a beautifully restored, collector-quality 'Getaway' with chrome and mods, and a KILLER Data East 'Jurassic Park' with a CLEAN playfield and many mods (shaker, ColorDMD, custom translite, Stern topper, Stern pinblades, opening park gate, among others) into the ring as trade bait for an Elvira LE. In fact, the more I play this Rick and Morty - the more I think it might be a keeper.

Both Elvira and Rick and Morty are pretty awesome games.

#2066 2 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Agreed. Rick and Morty doesn't have a great flow to me yet...but it feels like I am on the verge of loving it. I hate this stupid hobby, I'm pretty sure I love 90% of the games I've played.

#2067 2 years ago

I've NEVER been through quite a "love-hate-love" with a pin as with R&M. At first it was: "This stays FOREVER" and then it was: "These shots are way too difficult - get this thing OUT of here!", and I'm now back to: "I LOVE this unique, funny game!" All in a few days.

...quite a hobby, indeed. haha.

#2068 2 years ago

I am really curious if the correct bushings would make the shots any different. I suspect it wasn't prototyped on a machine with that super thin playfield that Spooky came up with? I absolutely echo your sentiment around the game. If they keep with the code and figure out a way to tweak the flippers it might end up being a great game.

#2069 2 years ago

Oktoberfest or Wonka LE are other games for which I would trade. Again...I have a restored Getaway, pimped DE Jurassic Park and a Total Nuclear Annihilation to offer in trade, and I can add cash to the right deal. Thanks.

#2070 2 years ago

I will be picking up a Guns N Roses LE this weekend. I plan on playing it a bit, then offering it up as trade bait for an Elvira LE. PM if anyone in local will be interested. Thanks!

#2071 2 years ago

Hey all,

Time to trim down the collection and give the dining room back to the wife

I'm probably going to list two machines on CL this weekend, gonna post it up here first:

1) Metallica Premium Monsters

It’s HUO, I’m the 3rd owner, with some great mods:
-Shaker motor
-Art blades
-Under cabinet lighting
-Side rail lighting on both sides, makes for a cool light show.
-$7400

No issues, plays 100% with no errors.

2) Avatar Pro

It's HUO, I'm the 3rd owner, tons of mods:
-Color DMD
-Shaker Motor
-Blue LED flipper and start buttons.
-LED-OCD board
-Rock Custom interactive under carriage and backboard LEDs
-Comet LEDs
-Titan Rubbers
-Cliffy in the shooter lane
-Added figures from the premium
-Art blades

-It has some slight wear in the shooter lane. Plays 100% with no errors.
-$5000

I would be interested in trading one or both for a MBrLE, +/- cash, or maybe others on my wishlist.

#2072 2 years ago

Dinning rooms are overrated

#2073 2 years ago

That's where mine are right now... ain't nothing formal about it.

#2074 2 years ago

Dining rooms are great...when they are full of pinball machines.

#2075 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

That's where mine are right now... ain't nothing formal about it.

My wife approached me a couple years ago and said she would let me turn the formal dinning room into a second pinball room if I bought her a new Ford Explorer.
I went out and bought her a new vehicle the following week.
We only used the formal dining room like twice a year anyway on the holidays and seemed like wasted space.
Win win for everybody as it fit 11 more pins and 4 arcade game in the house.

I never did mention that I would have bought her the car anyway.

#2076 2 years ago

Nothing but Pinball games, a slot machine and a Pelaton in our formal dining room! What do you need 2 places to eat for?

#2077 2 years ago

The wife has plans on getting them out of there by building a RV garage/Casita and moving them out there to an environmentally controlled room where the collection can grow past the 7 I have right now. I need a nice add-a-ball wedge head (Subway is the dream), a 70s decade pin (Probably Paragon), a Bally Fireball or Centaur and any reasonable other 90's B/W pin along with a Fire Power or a Flash, a BK2K or BKSoR premium with topper. I would quit then... who am I kidding?

#2078 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The wife has plans on getting them out of there by building a RV garage/Casita and moving them out there to an environmentally controlled room where the collection can grow past the 7 I have right now. I need a nice add-a-ball wedge head (Subway is the dream), a 70s decade pin (Probably Paragon), a Bally Fireball or Centaur and any reasonable other 90's B/W pin along with a Fire Power or a Flash, a BK2K or BKSoR premium with topper. I would quit then... who am I kidding?

The wife and have thrown that idea around a bit over the last few years.
Might wind up doing it at some point.
We’re on 5 acres and I spent a lot of 2020 clearing the property. Mainly because of fire hazard, but also things like rodents scorpions and snakes. Still working on clearing, but as space opens up it really gives you ideas as to what you can do with it.

#2079 2 years ago

I have this increasingly realistic dream of building an underground arcade in my back yard. The amount of research I have done on this is idiotic I am sure, but shit…can you imagine how amazing that would be?

#2080 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I have this increasingly realistic dream of building an underground arcade in my back yard. The amount of research I have done on this is idiotic I am sure, but shit…can you imagine how amazing that would be?

Dude, have you seen the guys in Norway that built the pinball club in an old bomb shelter?

#2081 2 years ago

I have thought about burying storage containers to create a true man cave to put my pins in... but the RV garage will do. lol

#2082 2 years ago
Quoted from Ready_player_one:

Hey all,
Time to trim down the collection and give the dining room back to the wife
I'm probably going to list two machines on CL this weekend, gonna post it up here first:
1) Metallica Premium Monsters
It’s HUO, I’m the 3rd owner, with some great mods:
-Shaker motor
-Art blades
-Under cabinet lighting
-Side rail lighting on both sides, makes for a cool light show.
-$7400
No issues, plays 100% with no errors.
2) Avatar Pro
It's HUO, I'm the 3rd owner, tons of mods:
-Color DMD
-Shaker Motor
-Blue LED flipper and start buttons.
-LED-OCD board
-Rock Custom interactive under carriage and backboard LEDs
-Comet LEDs
-Titan Rubbers
-Cliffy in the shooter lane
-Added figures from the premium
-Art blades
-It has some slight wear in the shooter lane. Plays 100% with no errors.
-$5000
I would be interested in trading one or both for a MBrLE, +/- cash, or maybe others on my wishlist.

Been debating about a Metallica or a newer game for awhile. Can’t decide

#2083 2 years ago

Machine - For Sale
NIB - New in box (personal) - “NIB Rick and Morty (Blood Suckers Edition) includes the following options: Plastic Protectors Interior Graphics Installed Knocker Installed Shaker Interactive RGB Speaker Kit Targ...”
2021-04-18
Phoenix, AZ
9,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 366 times
Contributed to Pinside
I just listed this if anyone local is interested.

#2084 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Been debating about a Metallica or a newer game for awhile. Can’t decide

What’s nice about the used pinball market is that you can buy and play and get your money back out of it when you are done. You really only take a hit on *most* NIB machines, or if you have a big repair bill, and most newer machines don’t require big repairs. The pinball commitment can be as short or as long as you want it to be.

#2085 2 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I'm thinking about buying the "vintage" Space Pinball machine just to stop getting alerts about it....

#2086 2 years ago
Quoted from Ready_player_one:

What’s nice about the used pinball market is that you can buy and play and get your money back out of it when you are done. You really only take a hit on *most* NIB machines, or if you have a big repair bill, and most newer machines don’t require big repairs. The pinball commitment can be as short or as long as you want it to be.

Yes I know sold my TFTC and been debating next one as Maiden or Metallica or something else that’s newer, love ramps and flow.

#2087 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Yes I know sold my TFTC and been debating next one as Maiden or Metallica or something else that’s newer, love ramps and flow.

Lots of new things coming soon....

#2088 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Lots of new things coming soon....

What’s coming out?

I’m out of the loop

#2089 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan:

What’s coming out?
I’m out of the loop

CgC should release CCr soon
AP is about to announce, as is Stern , unfortunately we don't know what ....

#2090 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

CgC should release CCr soon
AP is about to announce, as is Stern , unfortunately we don't know what ....

Also Spooky is nearing the end of the Rick and Morty run. People in the low 700s are getting their build sheets and they are only making 750.

#2091 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-jurassic-park-117

This is the sweet Data East Jurassic Park I have in town until tomorrow, when I load it up for Colorado. ...just in case anyone in AZ is interested.

#2092 2 years ago

I have a loaded Tron pro I am considering for possible trades. It is HUO and I believe I am the 3rd owner. It has almost all of the must have mods:

*Lighted ramps (ramps are drilled and includes lighted blue/orange El wires - I bought the TLS interactive kit that it can be upgraded to - I just haven't installed it yet)
*Shaker & Blue DMD
*Arcade mod & lighted Flynns sign
*Lighted cycles mod & lighted recognizer mod
*Hooked metal tron pop caps
*3d translite & Laseriffic topper

I'd be interested in trades for a Guardians pro, premium l, Stranger Things Premium, or nice Shadow (we could work out value of each game for trade purposes if a good trade match is found).

I live in the Salt Lake City area but could meet in Vegas or I know a guy that makes a run to Phoenix every 3 weeks or so that is reasonable with shipping. PM if anyone is interested.

#2093 2 years ago

I've been informed that it's spring cleaning time, so not only do I have to deal with a garage sale tomorrow, but I've been told it's time to consolidate the game room. Looking to sell off a Sega The Lost World: Jurassic Park ($4k), Stern Indiana Jones ($7k), and Black Knight: Sword of Rage Premium ($7.4k). All are near mint condition, working 100%, appropriately modded (shakers, color DMDs, LEDs, LED OCD on the IJ). Prices are negotiable, be willing to 2 for 1 trade on the JP and one of the others for wishlist or ?

#2094 2 years ago

Looking for a Ghostbusters or Monster Bash. Possibly Deadpool. Anyone selling?

#2095 2 years ago
Quoted from Nds777:

Looking for a Ghostbusters or Monster Bash. Possibly Deadpool. Anyone selling?

GB are pretty rare out here. There was one for sale a few months ago that I inquired about for my neighbor who keeps bugging me to buy mine but never heard anything back on it.

#2096 2 years ago

Thinking about switching up my ST pro. I’m the 2nd owner and have had it since 2016. Great game, just looking to trade up plus cash or sell outright. Huo with Aurich art and many other tasteful mods. Pm if interested.

#2097 2 years ago

Just put up my walking dead pro if anyone is looking. Mostly looking for a trade. It has pinstadiums and a colordmd. 5500 obo. Looking for dmd and newer. Thanks.

#2098 2 years ago

Anyone in Az have an old '65-ish Gottlieb wedgehead cabinet that needs a new home? or has a project Gottlieb EM they are looking to get rid of? come across a nice playfield and backglass and need a donor cabinet

#2099 2 years ago

BKSOR is gone, traded out for a Batman 66 (thanks
Otto110 !) Still have the mintiest IJ4 and TLW:JP you have ever seen taking up space that needs to be used for something else, or so the lady says

#2100 2 years ago

An

Quoted from jester523:

EHOH is probably one of the best pins ever made. I have not played R&M or seen the show. Electric Bat Arcade in Tempe has one, at least the last time I was there.

There are 2,802 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 57.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/az-whats-fsft/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.