AZ_TZ_FS_D4449_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4448_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4446_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4444_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4445_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4443_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4441_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4442_(resized).jpg
There are 2,830 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 57.
#1901 3 years ago

Thanks for the help guys. I am near the chandler mall. No places with JJP games around?

#1902 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

True.
They have mostly new Sterns and 90s DMD era pins.
If he’s looking for a mix of eras, I agree Electric Bat and Starfighters are probably more what he’s looking for.
I still think making an arcade/bar hopping experience out of it is the way to go though.
Stop 1 = Level 1. Get some Gyro tacos and something to drink while you play some pins.
Stop 2 = Electric Bat. Get something to drink and play some more pins.
Stop 3 = Starfighter. Close out the night here and go home.

Don't tell me to go home...

#1903 3 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

Don't tell me to go home...

Stop 4 = Waffle House with Joe!

Triple scattered hashbrowns to soak up all that drinking.

#1904 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Stop 4 = Waffle House with Joe!
Triple scattered hashbrowns to soak up all that drinking.

For the win!

#1905 3 years ago

It's either that or White Castle. Regardless you better visit sometime and get hammered with us.

#1906 3 years ago

You're more than welcome to swing by here, only got 4 games, but besides JP they are fun to play lol, right down the road from Chandler mall. 420 friendly (and legal), but you have to bring your own beer, Coindork taught me that rule

#1907 3 years ago

Just at Level One for the first time today - nice place! Will return.

#1908 3 years ago

I have a clean, HUO 'Total Nuclear Annihilation' with mirror blades, shaker motor, and lighted speaker panels that I will be listing in the near future. It works 100% and is available anytime in Scottsdale. If a local Pinsider wants it, shoot me a PM.

#1909 3 years ago

Looking to sell my super nice Twilight Zone if anyone is interested before I list it on on the marketplace. Playfield and cabinet are in excellent condition with no fade. Has the following upgrades and mods; Color DMD, inner art blades, rear panel artwork, LEDs throughout, gumballs mod, piano mod, camera mod, Robbie the Robot mod, clock upgrade with blue housing, clock millions mod, rocket ship mod, custom metal spaceship (one of a kind mod), custom skull diverter mod (one of a kind), translite door led mod, Flipper Fidelity speakers, chromed legs, power ball shooter rod, added LED strips around the playfield. This is one of the nicest TZ's I have seen and if you are looking for a local TZ this is the one to own. PM me if interested. $8000. Thanks.

#1910 3 years ago

#1911 3 years ago

While not in Arizona, I am close...Las Vegas.

Selling my HUO Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle.

Taking a break from pinball after twenty years.

-Ned

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “ACNC #437 for sale. I bought it last year directly from Spooky Pinball and it has been in my home ever since. Game is in excellent condition. Only repair I had to do was to replace...”
2020-10-10
Las Vegas, NV
5,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 660 times
Contributed to Pinside

#1912 3 years ago

Just listed a Terminator 2 on OfferUp. Not the cleanest machine but does play nice.

#1913 3 years ago

Looking for an AFM LE or MM remake

#1914 3 years ago
Quoted from Azfalconfixer:

Just listed a Terminator 2 on OfferUp. Not the cleanest machine but does play nice.

I’m not seeing it

#1915 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan:

I’m not seeing it

I just saw it...just type pinball in search and its the 2nd one on the list

#1917 3 years ago

When an item doesn’t show on OfferUp, sometimes you need to change the search radius from the default to max distance.

#1918 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

When an item doesn’t show on OfferUp, sometimes you need to change the search radius from the default to max distance.

Yeah that was it. I have the app with alerts maybe that’s why it’s been dry. My bad

That’s a good looking machine and damn good price. I love my T2

#1919 3 years ago

I cannot wait to fire up the machines at HOP Central again. I’ve been told that I cannot allow play because HOP doesn’t serve food. Basically the COVID rules limit a place that is just a bar. How are the social distancing things working at the other places? Do you guys feel safe when you venture out?

At this point I am seriously considering digging a pinball bunker in my back years to start playing all of my machines again.

#1920 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I cannot wait to fire up the machines at HOP Central again. I’ve been told that I cannot allow play because HOP doesn’t serve food. Basically the COVID rules limit a place that is just a bar. How are the social distancing things working at the other places? Do you guys feel safe when you venture out?
At this point I am seriously considering digging a pinball bunker in my back years to start playing all of my machines again.

Our daughter is high risk she had bad breathing problems when she was little and had scar tissue on her lungs already. She’s in high school now but we are still careful.

Honestly all the political stuff worries my wife more. Seems like everybody’s lost there damn minds. So we just keep to ourselves and stay home.

I bought a switch during quarantine and downloaded all the pinball apps. So I play a lot of virtual pinball not the same but it scratches the itch

#1921 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

We've been staying at home working on projects. Space Shuttle restore/playfield swap nearly finished. Medusa on deck. Working on expanding space allocated to our expanding collection.

Very hard transition to go from playing in 3-4 tournaments a week to ... this. It sucks and I hate it.

We are also a blended family with kids that go back and forth to two other households. We work at home in tech jobs, but jobs at the other households require interaction with the public. So it feels like we have extra risk and responsibility to keep everyone safe and not become unwitting disease vectors.

But I agree with Sunsfan here -- the politicization of this event is where much of the danger comes from, and why it has his us so much harder than so many other places. I have had to tell the kids on many occasions that this is what happens when the adults don't act like adults, and that this time in American history isn't normal. Hope I'm right.

#1922 3 years ago

Is everyone here aware that the World Health Organization (put forth by many - not me, as an authority to be obeyed) completely reversed course yesterday and declared that lockdowns "do more harm than good"? The more you know...

#1923 3 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

Is everyone here aware that the World Health Organization (put forth by many - not me, as an authority to be obeyed) completely reversed course yesterday and declared that lockdowns "do more harm than good"? The more you know...

Well there statement was about how lockdowns effect economics and how bad that it

In other places they can go out and about because the government says wear a mask practice social distancing. Hey this is what we need to do and people do it.

Here in America it’s a you can’t tell me what to do attitude that has people marching on the state capital yelling and harassing nurses of all people. It’s why every other country pretty much has this under control and it’s surging here.

This is why we can’t have nice things lol.

#1924 3 years ago

Yeah, my wife and I cannot take the political spin on all of this. To me, this is very simple...there is a virus that is dangerous. I don't care how dangerous, I just know I don't want to get it. I have an option to wear a mask and social distance until we have solid science around fighting or preventing it. I choose to do both, and as such I haven't fired up my pins at HOP C for a while now. It crushes my soul, but I feel that it simply must be this way until I see evidence of change.

To your point @sunsfan, I do feel like everyone has lost their damn mind. I've argued with good friends about masks and the tell me "well the CDC and Fauci reversed their position on them..." I'm like, when did the internet do your thinking for you. When it rains, you use an umbrella right? That is because you want that thin piece of fabric to keep the water off your head. Why would wearing a mask be anything different? Why does anyone need to even tell you to wear a mask?

I love the internet but I truly believe it has caused people to stop thinking. Common sense is no longer a thing. Fake reviews and Facebook/NextDoor/Twitter/etc posts have become the source of everyone's thoughts. Even this (pinside) is a bummer in terms of people just throwing out their own personal BS to start fights.

Anyway...I'll stop ranting...it isn't worth the time. I'm pent up and need pinball!

#1925 3 years ago

the worst part about the internet is that the face-less anonimity emboldens people to state their oppinions as verified and unrepudiated facts, and no amount of keystrokes to the opposite is going to change their minds. On here, people call you out for mis-remembering the slightest details... which is funny, because no amount of re-telling of your own experience will get them to budge on things they think are written in stone, such as when titles were manufactured, actually showed up on site, or that you remember playing a machine prior to a specific event in your life, yet since it was earlier the IPDB entry for said title, you must be lying, misremebering, got it wrong...

Ther are two kinds of people on Pinside... those who play pinball and have a good time, and those who play pinball and must be right about everything pinball... I used to fall in the later category due to my strong opinions on all things pinball, but it was taking all the fun out of being on here, having to defend everything you say. So now I just try and go with the flow... certainly has helped my U/D ratio recover a bit.

#1926 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Yeah, my wife and I cannot take the political spin on all of this. To me, this is very simple...there is a virus that is dangerous. I don't care how dangerous, I just know I don't want to get it. I have an option to wear a mask and social distance until we have solid science around fighting or preventing it. I choose to do both, and as such I haven't fired up my pins at HOP C for a while now. It crushes my soul, but I feel that it simply must be this way until I see evidence of change.
To your point sunsfan, I do feel like everyone has lost their damn mind. I've argued with good friends about masks and the tell me "well the CDC and Fauci reversed their position on them..." I'm like, when did the internet do your thinking for you. When it rains, you use an umbrella right? That is because you want that thin piece of fabric to keep the water off your head. Why would wearing a mask be anything different? Why does anyone need to even tell you to wear a mask?
I love the internet but I truly believe it has caused people to stop thinking. Common sense is no longer a thing. Fake reviews and Facebook/NextDoor/Twitter/etc posts have become the source of everyone's thoughts. Even this (pinside) is a bummer in terms of people just throwing out their own personal BS to start fights.
Anyway...I'll stop ranting...it isn't worth the time. I'm pent up and need pinball!

Right. Anyways how’s that Medusa coming along.

That’s always been a machine I’ve wanted I think it’s Just beautiful. I’d rather have that in my house than some fancy painting. I’m a sucker for 80s pinball art

#1927 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan:

Right. Anyways how’s that Medusa coming along.

Yeah, I love that game too! I would love to see some pictures once you guys are ready to share.

#1928 3 years ago

Will share photos on the Medusa as it comes along. We have a pretty cool topper in the works too. Still a week or so away from finishing up Space Shuttle, then taking a little break... then on to Medusa.

Its not in bad shape now (this is the one that was on the Captains Auction a couple months ago). Repaired the two partially working displays, picked up the CPR playfield from the big eBay sale that happened around the same time. Need to figure out how to up our stencil game... the job we did on Space Shuttle needs more touchup than I'd like... not the fault of the stencils... we're still better at the playfield/electronics part of the game than the paint part

Plus we'll start doing at least a couple open tournaments a year again once IFPA opens up tournament sanctioning again, so you'll be able to see it in person... someday *sigh*...

#1929 3 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

Will share photos on the Medusa as it comes along. We have a pretty cool topper in the works too. Still a week or so away from finishing up Space Shuttle, then taking a little break... then on to Medusa.
Its not in bad shape now (this is the one that was on the Captains Auction a couple months ago). Repaired the two partially working displays, picked up the CPR playfield from the big eBay sale that happened around the same time. Need to figure out how to up our stencil game... the job we did on Space Shuttle needs more touchup than I'd like... not the fault of the stencils... we're still better at the playfield/electronics part of the game than the paint part
Plus we'll start doing at least a couple open tournaments a year again once IFPA opens up tournament sanctioning again, so you'll be able to see it in person... someday *sigh*...

Yeah, this is really hard. I know the Bat and Starfighters are doing tournaments but I am just not ready for that level of social interaction. Granted I had to let my daughter return to school...so I'm pretty certain that is a ticking time bomb.

I didn't know that you were into complete restorations down to the paint! That is awesome! I've thought about getting into it myself, but the clear coat is so damn toxic that I'm hesitant to dive in without really doing a good job at protecting myself and my family.

#1930 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Yeah, this is really hard. I know the Bat and Starfighters are doing tournaments but I am just not ready for that level of social interaction.

You are not alone. Outside of a few people, I've been avoiding social situations (what else is new?) and tournaments are no different. Really miss the competition, but, like you, I can't bring myself to attend just yet. Was never concerned with getting sick, but at the same time it just wouldn't feel right.

#1931 3 years ago

I’m pretty much in the same boat as a lot of you.
I haven’t played location Pinball at all since early March.
Nor have I been to a bar or eaten out in a restaurant since then.
Mostly hanging out at home and doing stuff here as well as going into the office.
In a normal year I’m on the road traveling about 1/3 of the year for work. This has basically been cut to zero.
Been on a few game pick ups and what not, but not much else all that exciting.
There’s a few people outside of immediate family and work that I hang out with, but in general it’s a pretty small bubble.

#1932 3 years ago

I'm considering clearing out some space and raising some funds towards Guns n Roses.

Any local interest on?

Tales from the crypt. players condition. Not in great cosmetic shape, but plays fine.

popeye pretty clean and nice.

#1933 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I’m pretty much in the same boat as a lot of you.
I haven’t played location Pinball at all since early March.
Nor have I been to a bar or eaten out in a restaurant since then.
Mostly hanging out at home and doing stuff here as well as going into the office.
In a normal year I’m on the road traveling about 1/3 of the year for work. This has basically been cut to zero.
Been on a few game pick ups and what not, but not much else all that exciting.
There’s a few people outside of immediate family and work that I hang out with, but in general it’s a pretty small bubble.

If I visit, am I considered family?

#1934 3 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

If I visit, am I considered family?

Yes, but not in the cousin loving sort of way.

#1935 3 years ago

Listed my popeye and tales from the crypt on the marketplace.

Id be interested in trading 2 for 1 towards a newer game and id give a deal to anyone who might be interested in taking both

#1936 3 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Listed my popeye and tales from the crypt on the marketplace.
Id be interested in trading 2 for 1 towards a newer game and id give a deal to anyone who might be interested in taking both

Nice looking Popeye.

#1937 3 years ago

Long time vid guy, been expanding into pinball over the past year or so.

Looking to buy a Williams Rollergames & Grand Lizard

Also have a Tapper Cocktail for trade/partial-trade. Cash to makeup the difference, one way or another.

Will drive to you for a trade: AZ, NM, UT, CA, CO, NV

Other - For Trade
Tapper Cocktail Archived
“Willing to drive to: AZ, NM, UT, CA, UT, CO, NV for a trade. Looking for: Bally Dungeon & Dragons, Williams Swords of Fury This game was 'restored' back into a Tapper after be...”
2020-11-27
Tucson, AZ
Trade
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 165 times

#1938 3 years ago
Quoted from Ghostly:

Is Tapper the only thing you have to trade?

#1939 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Is Tapper the only thing you have to trade?

Nothing else that exciting at this time, just a Donkey Kong Junior project

#1940 3 years ago

Why do I look at this thread, knowing that I don't have the room for another pin...asked the wife if she minded me moving a pin or two into the bedroom to make room for that Tales of the Crypt. I don't think I have to say how that conversation ended lol

#1941 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Why do I look at this thread, knowing that I don't have the room for another pin...asked the wife if she minded me moving a pin or two into the bedroom to make room for that Tales of the Crypt. I don't think I have to say how that conversation ended lol

Convert the garage into another game room.

#1942 3 years ago
Quoted from Ghostly:

Other - For Trade

Tapper Cocktail

New!

“Willing to drive to: AZ, NM, UT, CA, CO, NV for a trade.
Looking for: Williams Rollergames, Williams Grand Lizard & Atari Super Sprint

This game was 'restored' back into a Tap...”

17 hours ago

Tucson, AZ

Trade

mann

Check out the Tucson area on pinballmaps.com. The two you are looking for aren’t out there in the local wild, but several System 11’s are. Blackrock Brewers pins are off for now, but Tucson Indoor Sports Center and Catalina Brewing Company both have a pretty good selection. See you out there.

#1943 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Don’t do it man lol... Just got the last pin out of my office and not ever doing that again. It seemed like a great idea at first but holy shit I felt like one of those hoarders on TV after awhile. Just because you technically “have room” doesn’t mean you should!

#1944 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Don’t do it man lol... Just got the last pin out of my office and not ever doing that again. It seemed like a great idea at first but holy shit I felt like one of those hoarders on TV after awhile. Just because you technically “have room” doesn’t mean you should!

That's was my next thought, I can stuff one in the office lmao. My dining room turned into the game room, I'm just lucky that the lady likes pinball as much as I do and eating on the couch!

#1945 3 years ago

I have an big empty spot amongst the 10 pins in my "built for 12" gameroom, but I havn't bought a pin in almost 3 years cuz prices are still just F'n retarded.

#1946 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I have an big empty spot amongst the 10 pins in my "built for 12" gameroom, but I havn't bought a pin in almost 3 years cuz prices are still just F'n retarded.

Whaaaaat

What do you mean you don’t want a 24 for 5 grand or an NBA Fastbreak for 5,500.

Yeah it’s gotten crazy this year it seems.

#1947 3 years ago

I saw that Fastbreak on offer up gor $5500
I can get a TMNT NIB for almost that price

#1948 3 years ago

I seen Dragdaily listed a beautiful Firepower 2

#1949 3 years ago

Ready Player One Arcade in Glendale is opening up today after many months of being closed do to Covid

5140 w.peoria ave
Glendale Az 85302

Iam glad I have a Pinball place 15min away from my house.

#1950 3 years ago
Quoted from PappaDubz:

Ready Player One Arcade in Glendale is opening up today after many months of being closed do to Covid
5140 w.peoria ave
Glendale Az 85302
Iam glad I have a Pinball place 15min away from my house.

Awesome.
I know Danny put in a lot of hard work putting that place together.
Glad to hear they are able to open back up.

There are 2,830 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 57.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/az-whats-fsft/page/39?hl=pappadubz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.