AZ_TZ_FS_D4449_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4448_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4446_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4444_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4445_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4443_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4441_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4442_(resized).jpg
There are 2,830 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 57.
#1851 3 years ago

Sure. I've been using a place in Tucson so far and I've done 5 games or so, just curious how they compare price/Quality wise.

#1852 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I keep debating if this will be my next game as well or Metallica

A nice pinsider just sold me his, it's a grail game for me...only on here while I go grab a smoke between games haha

#1853 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Sure. I've been using a place in Tucson so far and I've done 5 games or so, just curious how they compare price/Quality wise.

Good to hear you're still using my guy .

#1854 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Good to hear you're still using my guy .

Yep, drive's not too bad and I like supporting her running her own business. We usually stop by and grab a Sonoran dog and do some shopping.

#1855 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

A nice pinsider just sold me his, it's a grail game for me...only on here while I go grab a smoke between games haha

I love the way Maiden plays high scoring, great use of lcd screen with graphics and wished for the game to get made on here for over 8 years but wish it had more toys or something in it, it’s super fun to play but I am looking for a one game pin and Metallica seems to have more toys and kick my ass way more but I am a bigger Maiden fan out of the two bands not the two pins. Wish the center shot in maiden went through back of the game like LOTR. Or maybe something else no rush.

#1856 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Yep, drive's not too bad and I like supporting her running her own business. We usually stop by and grab a Sonoran dog and do some shopping.

How do you guys use? I've had good luck with Elegant Iron.

#1857 3 years ago
Quoted from HooperTriplett:

How do you guys use? I've had good luck with Elegant Iron.

Them

#1858 3 years ago

If anyone needs a W/B era (don't remember what off of) used coin door in decent shape with mechs, I've got an extra one lying around that I was about to list that I'll let go locally for $100. Let me know if you want first crack at it and I can send you some pics. I also have some stand ups; 2 new white square, 3 red square very little use, 2 skinny rectangle translucent green medium use, and 4 square translucent blue medium use. $40

#1859 3 years ago

Just posted my MMrRE Phoenix Craigslist. Thinking...... of letting it go for something else. Hot wheels and maybe Star Wars premium.

#1860 3 years ago

Looking for a Sorcerer. 1500 buy today if you want maybe a Xenon

Late 70/80s

#1861 3 years ago

Do we either have a stern rep in town, or another person who might have stern long range onto emitters/receivers in stock if I need them? I am having an issue with a game and I might need to rapidly repair it for tomorrow (long story).

I may need https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-long-range-opto-emitter-assembly.html and https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-long-range-opto-receiver-assembly.html.

At some point I am just going to build a huge stock of this crap because I hate that we can’t get anything without waiting a week .

#1862 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Do we either have a stern rep in town, or another person who might have stern long range onto emitters/receivers in stock if I need them? I am having an issue with a game and I might need to rapidly repair it for tomorrow (long story).
I may need https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-long-range-opto-emitter-assembly.html and https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-long-range-opto-receiver-assembly.html.
At some point I am just going to build a huge stock of this crap because I hate that we can’t get anything without waiting a week .

Fred is the only licensed Stern dealer I’m aware of.

https://www.gameroom-goodies.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlsy9lor16wIVbR6tBh1ysgYsEAAYASAAEgIghfD_BwE

#1864 3 years ago

Finally getting around to posting Simpsons. Almost through my list of games that need to go! Just a few fixes to Excalibur and I'll get that one up as well. Mostly interested in a cash sale, but if you have a Life Fitness commercial treadmill for trade, hit me up! Those half-marathons aren't going to train for themselves

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “1990 Data East Simpsons pinball in fantastic shape as it was previously shopped by Firebird pinball. Full LEDs, new rubbers, freshly rebuilt flippers, superbands, new pinballs. Or...”
2020-09-20
Scottsdale, AZ
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 1095 times

#1865 3 years ago

As much as I would love to think I have room for 4 pins, I do not. Really need to get down to 3, and right now both JP:LW and Avatar just don't get played. Anyone looking for a two for one? Pretty open at this point for anything of equal trade +-, willing to negotiate, especially for wish list games.

#1866 3 years ago

Hello everyone. I'm not on here often but does anyone have a CSI they want to sell?

#1867 3 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

Hello everyone. I'm not on here often but does anyone have a CSI they want to sell?

No, but I do have an opening at the insane asylum... CSI... Really? Either you love CSI way to much or hate playing pinball... of course I am pulling your leg here a little, but just wanted you to know, CSI is not one of Sterns "better" titles... more of a placeholder in the manufacturing line until better machines and better code and a more robust pinball market demand developed. Kind of a "lean year" offering for sure. It and "24" have been touted as some of thier worst machines of the period if not ever for modern pinball. I have played both, and I agree with most on their fun quotient of being "not that much". On the other hand I did like the show...

#1868 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

No, but I do have an opening at the insane asylum... CSI... Really? Either you love CSI way to much or hate playing pinball... of course I am pulling your leg here a little, but just wanted you to know, CSI is not one of Sterns "better" titles... more of a placeholder in the manufacturing line until better machines and better code and a more robust pinball market demand developed. Kind of a "lean year" offering for sure. It and "24" have been touted as some of thier worst machines of the period if not ever for modern pinball. I have played both, and I agree with most on their fun quotient of being "not that much". On the other hand I did like the show...

Cannot speak to CSI, have owned 24 and miss it. 24 was from sterns cost cutting era. The toys show it, but the flow is great and the ruleset is fun. The only thing I hate is the actress for the callouts sounds board.

#1869 3 years ago

I always thought the CSI spinner toy looked cool. Would like to spend some time on a nicer condition one. Have only played the CSI at Bay Area Pinball Museum (or whatever it’s called) and it was I need of a shop.

#1870 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

CSI is not one of Sterns "better" titles... more of a placeholder in the manufacturing line until better machines and better code and a more robust pinball market demand developed. Kind of a "lean year" offering for sure. It and "24" have been touted as some of thier worst machines of the period if not ever for modern pinball

One thing you learn in pinball is it is extremely subjective. One mans trash is another mans treasure, and I happen to love my CSI and 24. People call them stripped down and not fun to play and that is far from the truth. I actually enjoy playing some of the classic Sterns more so than some of the newer Spike system games being released. Both of these titles are actually really rare in terms of finding a nice HUO machine that plays well(both did not even finish first run in production <300). Most people have never seen or played either one(especially not a dialed in HUO machine) and yet always have a comment about how horrible they are. Find a HUO dialed in example and give it a chance-you may be surprised how fun they are to shoot. My .02

#1871 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

One thing you learn in pinball is it is extremely subjective. One mans trash is another mans treasure, and I happen to love my CSI and 24. People call them stripped down and not fun to play and that is far from the truth. I actually enjoy playing some of the classic Sterns more so than some of the newer Spike system games being released. Both of these titles are actually really rare in terms of finding a nice HUO machine that plays well(both did not even finish first run in production <300). Most people have never seen or played either one(especially not a dialed in HUO machine) and yet always have a comment about how horrible they are. Find a HUO dialed in example and give it a chance-you may be surprised how fun they are to shoot. My .02

Hey I get it, I have a Stern Family Guy and it isn't the best game Stern ever made either, but the lack of enthusiasm (at the time) of both CSI and 24 was quite evident in the hobby back when they were released... These two machines have been called a lot of things, like last ditch effort to save pinball that basically fell flat. Even the popularity of the franchises could not save either of these two, and at Expo that year, people were all scratching their heads and wondering if these would be the last machines Stern would make. And as you stated, they are rare, but as a pinball enthusiast, you get to play a lot of these machines over the years at Expo, operators auctions, tournaments, and in peoples homes. I have played both these titles when they were NIB examples at EXPO and Stern had them set up well, and even then, most would play a few games, shrug, and go find something else to play. At auctions around that time, I saw a lot of these get passed around by operators and nobody wanted to bid on them, so not great earners either. I think the Army men of 24 was the nail in that coffin, and CSI is the stronger title of the two. Just my experince with them.

#1872 3 years ago

Looking for a Elvira House of Horrors if anyone has one they are contemplating selling. Not sure there are many out there at this point but just thought I'd check around nonetheless.

#1873 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The skull lock is actually pretty bad ass though.

#1874 3 years ago

Yeah, I think the point stands that like/hate is always going to be up to the player. I have (and had) some really unpopular games that I think are awesome. So just judge for yourself and ignore the pinside top 100 rankings.

#1875 3 years ago

Some of the machines I play the most don’t even make the top 100.

#1876 3 years ago

To me it's just about the game clicking with you or not. I consider myself a "theme" buyer, and it has to connect with me or I don't have much luck with the pin. I'm not even close to a Iron Maiden fan but when my wife and I played it at Zap a few years ago, we liked it so much we asked Marco if they had the floor display for sale. From that point on I kept my eye open for one. I think theme that connected with us there was the ancient Egyptian aspect plus it was really fun. Last year we got to play SS and the wife really liked it as well as CC at the PHOF. Obviously those games have their detractors which makes no difference to me, I'll buy what my wife and I click with. Of all the games that have come and gone, the ones that stuck in the collection were themes we were really into and the game being a blast to play. Missing either of those has made the decision for me to move the games along. Granted some that are gone now were still a blast to play, I had just had them for a while and something had to hit the chopping block.

#1877 3 years ago

Is the Munsters machine that bad? I’m seeing it up for sale like crazy and it just came out

#1878 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan:

Is the Munsters machine that bad? I’m seeing it up for sale like crazy and it just came out

Its alright. Our local route operator sold his pro and got a premium because it did well. Now its no longer the new it thing so people are dumping it to buy the latest and greatest. Pretty common with new games.

#1879 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan:

There’s a few places locally where you can check it out and play it first if you’re interested in one. Check it out and see what you think.

Level 1
https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/13710-level-1-arcade-bar-gilbert-az

Electric Bat
https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/11724-electric-bat-arcade-tempe-az

#1880 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan:

I gave it 10 or so games at Zap last year and it was ok. Didn't really knock my socks off or anything. I was always more of a TAF person vs Munsters so the theme didn't really grab me as much. I wonder how it would have looked and sounded with the OG Addams theme instead... might have been pretty cool.

#1881 3 years ago

I found the Munsters Pro to be boring, and I didn’t mind the Stewie sized Grandpa’s lab (check my collection to understand why- hint FG) on the premium... but the code is very very meh in my opinion, Dwight could have made it the next TAF, and Borg did well with smooth shots and a nice Fan layout, however, that Pooch got screwed when Dwight said code is finished and he didn’t think it needed any more depth. If I had to educate a guess why he said that is that he made the machine do what Gary would expect it to do and not much else. Does it deliver balls and keep them in the table for an average 3.5 minute game time? Yes? Then ship that puppy, ‘cause my mission is complete.

#1882 3 years ago

I just sold a Munsters pro. It didn't last very long for me. I liked the shots. Spot on the left ramp and the right ramp 'u' shape return.

For me, the code was the issue. I like to progress through the game more than playing for score. However, the game is lacking if you progress through the characters (you can do this by accident playing your first time). Going through them again didn't feel much different. Because of that, the game revolved around building up your multiplier to cash out via a super jackpot. I'm guessing there's more nuance but didn't play it enough to learn it all. E.g., I like the orbit shot but it didn't seem critical to any part of the game.

It was next to MB and even though that code isn't super deep or difficult either, the personality / fun factor trumped Munsters in every category except art. Munsters is beautiful to look at.

#1883 3 years ago

Now the rare 'back to topic' post.

I have a nice, fast playing Black Knight 2000 with full LEDs and new rubbers. I don't mind keeping it around, but I want to see if there are any interesting trades out there. Specifically looking for certain classic solid state Bally machines (late 70s - early 80s) of similar value. Not looking to sell, trade only.

#1884 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

I have a nice, fast playing Black Knight 2000 with full LEDs and new rubbers. I don't mind keeping it around, but I want to see if there are any interesting trades out there. Specifically looking for certain classic solid state Bally machines (late 70s - early 80s) of similar value. Not looking to sell, trade only.

Stand up and Fight!

What kind of money does it take to get you to sell it? I don’t have any early Bally’s, all I got is Pinbot and Bride and a Gottlieb EM Central Park. The rest are more modern. If your looking to sell, PM me.

#1885 3 years ago

Thinking of making some room via my really nice Dirty Harry. Excellent condition, all leds and a GI OCD board. Will be coming to AZ in a week or so. PM if interested.

#1886 3 years ago

That’s my wheel house late 70-mid 90s

I don’t think you can go wrong with that whole Black Knight franchise.

#1887 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan:

That’s my wheel house late 70-mid 90s
I don’t think you can go wrong with that whole Black Knight franchise.

Agreed. Brother bought OG BK back in early 90’s for $175... still owns it. My fav is BK2K, and BK:SOR is awesome WITH the topper... I would own all three too.

#1888 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Agreed. Brother bought OG BK back in early 90’s for $175... still owns it. My fav is BK2K, and BK:SOR is awesome WITH the topper... I would own all three too.

175? Jesus that’s insane

Now if your shopping people want 4K for average games. There’s one of those Costco Zizzle machines on offer up for 1600 lol

#1889 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

I’ve played this machine in person on numerous occasions. Super clean machine that plays fast and problem free.
A true survivor that in great shape.

#1890 3 years ago

Hey back when pinball was an operator commodity they sold project machines dirt cheap at the auctions, the only thing actually wrong with his black Knight was a big scratch on the back glass and a well worn playfield, however, not a lot of lost wood, and it worked. My Pinbot was $750 and my Bride was $950 and he was 7 years old, and she was only two years old. Both are route queens and have seen some hard knocks on the cabinet corners, but they were both solid and working all the way with just a shop job being all they really needed. How I miss those days...

#1891 3 years ago

Looking for a Stern Jurassic Park Premium within 500 road miles from Phoenix. New or lightly HUO.

#1892 3 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Looking for a Stern Jurassic Park Premium within 500 road miles from Phoenix. New or lightly HUO.

I was too Mike but nothing came up over the last 6 months or so. Ended up just ordering a new one from JJ. Should be shipping in the October run this month. Everyone was looking for near new pricing anyway on the HUO JP's due to availability so it didn't make any sense not to order NIB unless I wanted to wait 6 months to a year or so for everything to get back to normal.

#1893 3 years ago

To tell you how bad it was back then trying to get rid of a pin, my brother restored a Space Invaders pin, touched up all the lost wood, lacquered it, shopped it and although he only paid $75 for it, with it working mechanically when he bought it, he got $125 for it afterwards and this was 2 weeks before Christmas. Yes, THAT hard to sell a pinball machine, And there was no home market to speak of for route queens, just high end restorations and NIB purchases (or shady ops offering “complete restorations” that were actually just well cleaned, touched up a little route queens) and and if a title had passed through all the operators hands and if it didn’t earn, it was almost toxic, most got plundered for parts and the cabinets busted up and chucked in the dumpsters.... then again NIB pins topped out at under $3k with most being around $2.5K and paid for themselves in less than a year..

#1894 3 years ago

Can anyone recommend a place in Chandler, Gilbert, Tempe area that has a good mix of new Stern, JJP and some classics? Only here for tonight.

#1895 3 years ago

Electric Bat and Starfighters.

#1897 3 years ago

Yeah, what they said...

Quoted from Squeakman:

Can anyone recommend a place in Chandler, Gilbert, Tempe area that has a good mix of new Stern, JJP and some classics? Only here for tonight.

#1898 3 years ago

Only thing about Level 1 is they dont have any classics from pre-1991.

That guy must think they're boring or something.

Good mix of 90's and todays hits, however.

#1899 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Only thing about Level 1 is they dont have any classics from pre 1991.
That guy must think they're boring or something.

True.
They have mostly new Sterns and 90s DMD era pins.

If he’s looking for a mix of eras, I agree Electric Bat and Starfighters are probably more what he’s looking for.

I still think making an arcade/bar hopping experience out of it is the way to go though.
Stop 1 = Level 1. Get some Gyro tacos and something to drink while you play some pins.
Stop 2 = Electric Bat. Get something to drink and play some more pins.
Stop 3 = Starfighter. Close out the night here and go home.

#1900 3 years ago

Again, what he said... I’ve done the “all-three” in a day plan A lot and that is a good solid plan

There are 2,830 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 57.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/az-whats-fsft/page/38?hl=otto110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.