AZ_TZ_FS_D4449_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4448_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4446_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4444_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4445_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4443_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4441_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4442_(resized).jpg
There are 2,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 57.
#1801 3 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

I used to know a guy that would do that run for a bag if jerky...truly disappointed....

Yea, if I were headed that way I would definitely pick up the game for ya. Like Coindork said, it is about 4 hours 1 way from Phoenix.

#1802 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Yeah, but that’s the I-10 to California.
Shit, I normally pick up games for friends for free if I’m making the run anyway.

Preaching to the choir Sparky....you're Robin Hood in disguise.

#1803 3 years ago

Preaching to the choir Sparky....you're Robin Hood in disguise.

Hey can you boners go get a room? I wanna see some games for sale.

#1804 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Hey can you boners go get a room? I wanna see some games for sale.

Ok. I'll list up MM, AFM and MB
$150000 obo.

#1805 3 years ago

Ok. I'll list up MM, AFM and MB
$150000 obo.

You missed a decimal point.

#1806 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

You missed a decimal point.

$150000.00 for all.

Valid only for AJ

#1807 3 years ago

$150000.00 for all.
Valid only for AJ

I'll trade you a restored Gorf, a trio of Mappys, and a Popeye that is still available.

#1808 3 years ago

Since everyone’s here For a change, lol Anyone have an AC prem before I drive outta state soon?! Pm me !

#1809 3 years ago
Quoted from Jetfire:

Since everyone’s here For a change, lol Anyone have an AC prem before I drive outta state soon?! Pm me !

I am looking to replace my 2 AC units does that count

Hi-Jack alert!!

Anyone have anything positive or negative to say about George Brazil? Only 10 complaints on BBB with the torch award. Quoted me on 2 X 17 seer York 2 stage split units and feeling like I might go with them vs Goettl, Parker, Alaskan, or Penguin. Just looking for some local HVAC contractor feedback/advice.

#1810 3 years ago

I could stand to proactively replace my AC soon.

#1811 3 years ago

I would not be inclined to purchase AC from a do-it-all shop such as Goettl, Alaskan, etc. Especially an outfit that advertises constantly and has some sort of a bogus "club". You will also find that they don't show who manufactures their units either, so they are probably either from Goodman or Johnson controls.

I bough a new unit this year and went with the Bryant, which is the same as Carrier. (There are only about 10 manufactures, but many make identical units under different brand names.)

Rheem and Ruud are decent units that are sold to almost any installer. Avoid Goodman/Amana.

Lenox is excellent but expensive, parts can be an issue.

York is owned by Johnson controls and has had a lot of issues with their coils leaking.

This site might be helpful:
https://www.pickhvac.com/central-air-conditioner/york/

#1812 3 years ago

Good info. I have a carrier now and it’s been good for a long long time. Good to know Bryant would be ‘Sony guts’ as they say. Haha. Thanks again.

#1813 3 years ago

Yea, I've done more reading and research than I would care to admit to. Long story short is that every brand out there is garbage to a group of people and every contractor is also garbage according to the internet. Sometimes there is just too much information which all contradicts each other. I have learned more about AC units and their associated salesmen with their varying tactics than I ever wish to repeat.

The general consensus around York from my research is some of the data is old tape, much of it is from shoddy workmanship on the install, and finally issues with the microchannel design to add efficiency in the heat exchange process. The 17 seer AHRI certified set up I am looking at is traditional tube and fin and not microchannel and I'm looking to go with a contractor that isn't a freind of my cousin that does HVAC on the side. I'm willing to spend the money to have it done right which is why I did an "HVAC Phoenix" search and only called the 6 top rated places. Parker has 43 complaints with the BBB in the last 3 years, Goettl 26, Alaskan 26, Penguin 21, and George Brazil 10.

I don't have the benefit of a referral or personal knowledge of a "Joe's HVAC" type of place that is fair, does great work, and there is no worry about them going anywhere soon to stand behind their warranty. Brazil has the fewest complaints, one of the highest rated of the group and will definitely be here for the next 10 years to stand behind the warranty that they are providing me.

I definitely looked at the Lennox but much of that higher cost for for the unit is from R&D, advertising, etc.. They have many more proprietary parts and you must use the Lennox supply chain to obtain them which means you are at the mercy of their pricing and availability since you cant just swap out a generic replacement part like you can with most other units. You're also dealing with planned obsolescence with many of their boards and some of the other proprietary parts that get frequently changed/upgraded and most installers have fine print that gives them a pass on the warranty if a part is NLA. The Lennox would cost all in about 5K more than the York and they both have the same warranty of 10/10/10. Although if you go through Costco and go with Parker, they do give you 15 years P&L on the Lennox units. It's actually a decent deal with 3 years of maint, 2 S30 thermostats, and 15 year P&L. It is 16 seer vs the 17 of the York and of course would cost 5K more (and more complaints on the BBB site with slightly lower overall internet ratings as a company).

Kind of exhausted with the entire experience and half tempted to say screw it, I'll just wait until they break and I'm forced to do it. But then I know I'll just have to do this all over again which doesn't excite me either.

#1814 3 years ago

Realizing I don't have room for 3 machines right now, thinking of looking to 2-for-1 for something. Anyone interested in an almost mint condition HUO Sega JPLW and Avatar? Both have had new comet LEDs installed (NG in the JP) and Titan rubber in the last few weeks, Color DMDs, Shaker motors. Avatar also has an LCD OCD, Rock Custom Pinball undercab and backlight kit, all the toys and then some from the premium, Pinblades, and more. Still has goodie bag stapled inside. Would be willing to +/- on something from my wishlist, but open to anything. Both bought locally here from pinsiders.

#1815 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Realizing I don't have room for 3 machines right now, thinking of looking to 2-for-1 for something. Anyone interested in an almost mint condition HUO Sega JPLW and Avatar? Both have had new comet LEDs installed (NG in the JP) and Titan rubber in the last few weeks, Color DMDs, Shaker motors. Avatar also has an LCD OCD, Rock Custom Pinball undercab and backlight kit, all the toys and then some from the premium, Pinblades, and more. Still has goodie bag stapled inside. Would be willing to +/- on something from my wishlist, but open to anything. Both bought locally here from pinsiders.

Are you also offering free beer like Coindork did?!

#1816 3 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Are you also offering free beer like Coindork did?!

Haha, I actually bought the JPLW from him, and if my memory serves me right, I did end up buying all the beer the night he dropped it off!

#1817 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Haha, I actually bought the JPLW from him, and if my memory serves me right, I did end up buying all the beer the night he dropped it off!

That was fun as hell.
Good dude and both machines are very clean.

Rearangement is the key to getting more machines to fit. It’s like an ongoing game of Tetris.

#1818 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

That was fun as hell.
Good dude and both machines are very clean.
Rearangement is the key to getting more machines to fit. It’s like an ongoing game of Tetris.

It was fun as hell, hopefully we can do it again soon. If I only didn't need a kitchen table, I could for sure fit one or two more into that space...but alas, the woman says we need one for some reason haha.

#1819 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

It was fun as hell, hopefully we can do it again soon. If I only didn't need a kitchen table, I could for sure fit one or two more into that space...but alas, the woman says we need one for some reason haha.

When I was at my worst, I sold our ridiculously fancy (and expensive) kitchen table set (that we never used) for the room to put three more pins in there. Plus it netted me enough money to buy another pin

That didn't last when we moved into the new house. There were several "rules" put in place to ensure my hobbies didn't encroach anywhere. Fortunately now, I have my own 1600 sqft basement that is for all stuff me! Apparently she didn't like the kitchen island being for PF polishing or the family room for PF swaps. Which is a shame because the island was a nice 3ft by 8ft work area. Whatever, relationships are about compromise right!?!?

#1820 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

When I was at my worst, I sold our ridiculously fancy (and expensive) kitchen table set (that we never used) for the room to put three more pins in there. Plus it netted me enough money to buy another pin
That didn't last when we moved into the new house. There were several "rules" put in place to ensure my hobbies didn't encroach anywhere. Fortunately now, I have my own 1600 sqft basement that is for all stuff me! Apparently she didn't like the kitchen island being for PF polishing or the family room for PF swaps. Which is a shame because the island was a nice 3ft by 8ft work area. Whatever, relationships are about compromise right!?!?

Right now that's what the kitchen table has become, a place for me to put the tools and lay glass down while I'm working on the machines. She's now mad at me because I'm trying to trade out the Avatar without her ever getting to the final battle. I tried to tell her she has seen me get there a few times, so she should be good. Thinking I need to work on my compromising lol

#1821 3 years ago

Just checking in. Anyone got anything 2k and under.

Looking to add something just for the hell of it

#1822 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan:

I have a Pinbot for $2000 and a Firepower w/ drop target mods for $1900.

#1823 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan:

I have a phantom of the opera for 1700

#1824 3 years ago

Wanted: Eight Ball Deluxe 1984 version and Fireball Classic 1985. PM if you’ve got one and ready to move it

#1825 3 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

oliviarium
I was getting a new radiator and thermostat put in my truck a couple weeks ago and my mechanic asked if I used my lift gate much.
I kind of chuckled and we got into a conversation about moving Pinball machines.
Long story short he said he was in the process of buying a new house and it has a game room with a pool table.
He asked me if I had a firepower and I told him no, but asked why.
I guess it’s his favorite pinball machine from when he was a kid.
He told me to keep an eye out for one if one comes up for sale.
If you still have it I might contact him this week and see if he’s serious or not.

#1826 3 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

oliviarium
Also, I have an operator warehouse fresh Space Shuttle project I would trade you for the firepower (plus a little cash on my end) if you’re interested.
Descent cabinet, back glass is nice, playfield has old mylar (a few wear spots at the edge of the mylar). All in all it’s a nice machine if someone wants to put the work in. Hasn’t been plugged in for probably 20 years and is legitimately operator warehouse fresh.
Brought it back from California a few trips ago and it’s still folded up and wrapped up. Got too many other things I’m working on now and probably won’t get to this for 6 month to a year.

#1827 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

oliviarium
Also, I have an operator warehouse fresh Space Shuttle project I would trade you for the firepower (plus a little cash on my end) if you’re interested.
Descent cabinet, back glass is nice, playfield has old mylar (a few wear spots at the edge of the mylar). All in all it’s a nice machine if someone wants to put the work in. Hasn’t been plugged in for probably 20 years and is legitimately operator warehouse fresh.
Brought it back from California a few trips ago and it’s still folded up and wrapped up. Got too many other things I’m working on now and probably won’t get to this for 6 month to a year.

Oooh a project! PM sent

#1828 3 years ago

That pinbot sounds real nice so far. Same as the other guy buying a new house and it’s kind of a house warming gift to myself lol. So far that’s in the lead haven’t come across much else really.

Seems it’s been pretty dry since all this had happened

#1829 3 years ago

I’ve been thinking about selling that Firepower I have at HOP Central. I love the game, but due to Covid rules it is just collecting dust. I did a ton of work to it, and I would say it is one of the nicer ones I have seen. I’ll toss this out here just to see if anyone is interested.

#1830 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan:

That pinbot sounds real nice so far. Same as the other guy buying a new house and it’s kind of a house warming gift to myself lol. So far that’s in the lead haven’t come across much else really.
Seems it’s been pretty dry since all this had happened

Pinbot is now pending... I'll comment on this thread again when its either sold or if its available again, but I expect it to be picked up this week.

#1831 3 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

Pinbot is now pending... I'll comment on this thread again when its either sold or if its available again, but I expect it to be picked up this week.

Snooze you lose.

Yeah I don’t get the keys till Thursday. It’s all good. Might do a pool table with the money. My game room is getting bigger

#1832 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan:

Snooze you lose.
Yeah I don’t get the keys till Thursday. It’s all good. Might do a pool table with the money. My game room is getting bigger

Pinbot is sold.

#1833 3 years ago

Trading just the JP:LW if anyone is interested. Willing to go +$$$ for the right machine. HUO, damn near mint.

#1834 3 years ago

So as I said earlier I just moved into this house.

I have a shelti dart cabinet and a game table up for sale/trade if anyone is interested. If you want pics go ahead and PM me.

My wife picked out this house and clearly doesn’t understand shapes. Oooh your game room is bigger, nope skinner and longer lol

1 week later
#1835 3 years ago

Just throwing this out there as a wild "just in case" so don't hold me to it Buuutttt..... If I do decide to go with an AIQ prem instead of the LE I have coming, anyone local want the LE?

Just signed the contract for the 2 new AC units I've been researching, literally just 10 days ago put the deposit on a JP prem, and am looking to get a JVC RS540U/Stewart Studio Tek 130 G4 screen. I could probably use the 2G's difference to make me feel like I'm being frugal and making sacrafices

#1836 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Just throwing this out there as a wild "just in case" so don't hold me to it Buuutttt..... If I do decide to go with an AIQ prem instead of the LE I have coming, anyone local want the LE?
Just signed the contract for the 2 new AC units I've been researching, literally just 10 days ago put the deposit on a JP prem, and am looking to get a JVC RS540U/Stewart Studio Tek 130 G4 screen. I could probably use the 2G's difference to make me feel like I'm being frugal and making sacrafices

Wow such a terrible problem to have.

#1837 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Had I have know yesterday, 100% yes. Unfortunately I already got one ordered. My trouble is going to be space. With the bar unable to start games again, I am so f’ed. I’ll have to start selling things for losses or rent some kind of storage. I really need to dig a basement under my house .

#1838 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Had I have know yesterday, 100% yes. Unfortunately I already got one ordered. My trouble is going to be space. With the bar unable to start games again, I am so f’ed. I’ll have to start selling things for losses or rent some kind of storage. I really need to dig a basement under my house .

Yea, I saw your post in the other thread. I'm glad you found one! Thinking about it, by the time I end up PCing the hardware, getting the shaker, blades, and PDI, I'll be in it for a grand anyway so might as well just stay LE.

I have a 1400sq ft basement and it sure does help with room for my toys (and with the wife!).

#1839 3 years ago

Hi AZ! Need to make room so I thought I’d offer availability here before I bring my GB premium to market. HUO modded out (shaker, midnight purple powder coat, speaker lights, ecto car, pinblades , etc) CDMD available. Message if interested for pics, videos, or to stop by for a flip (Phx). Enjoy the long weekend!

#1840 3 years ago
Quoted from Melhadmj:

Hi AZ! Need to make room so I thought I’d offer availability here before I bring my GB premium to market. HUO modded out (shaker, midnight purple powder coat, speaker lights, ecto car, pinblades , etc) CDMD available. Message if interested for pics, videos, or to stop by for a flip (Phx). Enjoy the long weekend!

Ughh, can we stop talking about games I want but don’t have space for?

Does anyone know how to illegally dig under my neighborhood and build a pinball speakeasy?

#1841 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Ughh, can we stop talking about games I want but don’t have space for?
Does anyone know how to illegally dig under my neighborhood and build a pinball speakeasy?

Just do it little by little like in The Shawshank Redemption and dump the dirt in your trash each week so no one notices.

#1842 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Just do it little by little like in The Shawshank Redemption and dump the dirt in your trash each week so no one notices.

And in just 19 years, Voilà! You're new pinball hang out

#1843 3 years ago

This is the most addictive hobby I have found yet!

Does anyone have the name of someone in town who could tack weld a wire ramp? Ideally without needing to chrome it.

#1844 3 years ago

Anyone know a local shop that can powder coat?

#1846 3 years ago

Anyone have an Iron Maiden they would be willing to sell/trade?

#1847 3 years ago
Quoted from Melhadmj:

Anyone know a local shop that can powder coat?

We've been using Custom Coaters of Mesa (912 E Javelina Ave, Mesa, AZ 85204, (480) 926-2628).

#1848 3 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

We've been using Custom Coaters of Mesa (912 E Javelina Ave, Mesa, AZ 85204, (480) 926-2628).

What do they charge for a full set of hardware including door and shooter housing?

#1849 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Anyone have an Iron Maiden they would be willing to sell/trade?

I keep debating if this will be my next game as well or Metallica

#1850 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

What do they charge for a full set of hardware including door and shooter housing?

I don't really remember all of the pricing, as we've taken several jobs there of varying sizes. I'd be happy to share pricing of the next job we take there, which will probably happen in the next week or so.

There are 2,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 57.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/az-whats-fsft/page/37?hl=melhadmj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.