AZ_TZ_FS_D4449_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4448_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4446_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4444_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4445_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4443_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4441_(resized).jpg
AZ_TZ_FS_D4442_(resized).jpg
There are 2,830 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 57.
#1601 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

One or two names come to mind lol

#1602 4 years ago

Haha, I was waiting for you to chime in

#1603 4 years ago

So...the "tournament" at Hop C this weekend has gotten some attention from people. I don't know who, but the bar owners keep telling me that people have a "lot of questions" about how it is going to work. That said, I've researched some info around pinball tournaments and settled on using this system called Match Play which looks to offer some nice features.

That said, I need some help from anyone in the local pin community who knows how to run these things. I'm looking at a "Best Game" format which requires for me to set each of the four machines as an "arena". Before even opening registration, I need to define how many plays each player gets on each "arena" which is where I'm getting stuck. If I assume the "tournament" runs for like two hours, I would imagine I could only support a few plays on each machine.

My math looks like this: Average 3 ball game = 5 minutes. ~12 single player games per hour per machine. Obviously I'll run into timing issues if someone is up on one machine and still playing another. Based on my logic, if I wanted to allow people 2 attempts per game in roughly 2 hours, I could only support 12 players?

I would imagine we won't have a ton of people, but I need to know if these numbers seem sound. Is two plays per game logical? The games will be on free play most of the night, I just need to put some parameters around the tournament so that it is fair and fun.

Also, can I play in my own tournament? I've never played in a tournament before .

Any help would be appreciated!

#1604 4 years ago

Aniraf there are a lot of options for you, both with matchplay software and without. The right way to organize it really depends on your goals for the event. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about your options, I run a lot of tournaments in the area and have used matchplay a lot. If I were doing a non-IFPA tournament where I'm looking for 4 high score winners on 4 different machines, I'd use paper on a clipboard and have people record their own scores as they finish a game. It's a casual tournament so I'd keep it casual. If you are only doing 2 hours of tournament though, you should update the facebook event so people who are interested know what they are getting into. I posted on the PlayMorePinball share an update that I got from the bar that they didn't have to arrive at a specific time to participate which made it sound like they could play anytime during the event which is 6-11. An update would help you not have upset people who arrive at 9 thinking they can participate.

#1605 4 years ago

Looking for a Jokerz for a friend. Let me
Know if anyone has one for sale. Thank you

#1606 4 years ago
Quoted from TracyLindy:

aniraf there are a lot of options for you, both with matchplay software and without. The right way to organize it really depends on your goals for the event. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about your options, I run a lot of tournaments in the area and have used matchplay a lot. If I were doing a non-IFPA tournament where I'm looking for 4 high score winners on 4 different machines, I'd use paper on a clipboard and have people record their own scores as they finish a game. It's a casual tournament so I'd keep it casual. If you are only doing 2 hours of tournament though, you should update the facebook event so people who are interested know what they are getting into. I posted on the PlayMorePinball share an update that I got from the bar that they didn't have to arrive at a specific time to participate which made it sound like they could play anytime during the event which is 6-11. An update would help you not have upset people who arrive at 9 thinking they can participate.

Honestly I am happy running it until 11 and letting people hop in and out whenever they please. That said, I started to worry that people would hog a single machine. There is no way for me to count how many chances each participant took.

The only reason I started to debate any parameters is because I want everyone to be fair. I don’t trust people enough to let them figure it out . Ideally if you show up at 9, you should get first play over the person who showed up at 6 and had 10 tries.

I appreciate the help! I’ll PM you for additional ideas.

#1607 4 years ago

A couple classic pieces on Craigslist.

phoenix.craigslist.org link

#1608 4 years ago

Is the signed guitar included ?

#1609 4 years ago
Quoted from Andyzola87:

Looking for a Jokerz for a friend. Let me
Know if anyone has one for sale. Thank you

https://offerup.com/item/detail/707674403/

#1610 4 years ago

If you guys come out this way you'd better give me a call!

Quoted from Coindork:

aniraf
A couple quick questions about the venue as I’ve never been.
1) Do they serve food?
2) Are kids allowed (with parental supervision)?
Trying to figure out if Trish and I need to get someone to watch the kids or not.

#1611 4 years ago
#1612 4 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Those look like Monarca’s games.

Yep, they are.

#1613 4 years ago

My friend was gonna buy Monarca’s Jokerz this Saturday but he sold it before he could get down so we’re back on the hunt. Monarca’s Jokerz looked really nice and it was a great price.

#1614 4 years ago
Quoted from shaundburch:

If you guys come out this way you'd better give me a call!

Trish and I are going to head down that way Saturday to check out the the event Aniraf is putting on.
You should show up, sounds like its going to be a good time. Ill even buy you a beer
Figured we would go check that out for a while and then take the kids to starfighters afterwards.

#1615 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Trish and I are going to head down that way Saturday to check out the the event aniraf is putting on.
You should show up, sounds like its going to be a good time. Ill even buy you a beer
Figured we would go check that out for a while and then take the kids to starfighters afterwards.

I hope it is a good time. Please excuse me if a bunch of people show up and stuff gets out of control . I'm going to do my best to keep it fun.

#1616 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I hope it is a good time. Please excuse me if a bunch of people show up and stuff gets out of control . I'm going to do my best to keep it fun.

Not far from me. I may stop by. Miss the Tilt people. Hope others can make it.

#1617 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

A couple classic pieces on Craigslist.
phoenix.craigslist.org link

The Wurlitzer is a bit overpriced (coming from a jukebox guy).

#1618 4 years ago

Well crud, I am heading down to Tucson on Saturday morning. Have fun! Will try for another time.

Quoted from Coindork:

Trish and I are going to head down that way Saturday to check out the the event aniraf is putting on.

#1619 4 years ago

I'm guessing that this must be a scam of some sort:
https://offerup.com/item/detail/672061853/

#1620 4 years ago
Quoted from Erzak:

+1 for some kind of scam. There is no way. People are such aholes.

#1621 4 years ago

I sent a "Scam" report to offer up. No way it is real.

#1622 4 years ago

Baywatch for sale. Color DMD and a few mods.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Baywatch Archived
Partially shopped/refurbished - “Sega Baywatch for sale. XL Color DMD ($469), LED’s throughout, stickers on the shark target post and 5 yellow posts and 2 laser kick targets. 10” metal die cast coast guard hel...”
2020-01-12
Renton, WA
2,999 (OBO)
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 825 times
Contributed to Pinside

PM me if interested.

#1623 4 years ago
Quoted from Erzak:

Look at the “Other Ads by Dingleberry” at the bottom. He has it listed in 6 different cities.... seems legit to me

#1624 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Look at the “Other Ads by Dingleberry” at the bottom. He has it listed in 6 different cities.... seems legit to me

Yeah, that’s legit...

#1625 4 years ago

I know this is pretty specific, but I believe these machines are very comparable as far as price, rankings, ratings, etc: I have a very nice Baywatch, including guard shack painted by the Modfather, that was previously owned by Professor Pinball. I would like to swap for a comparable condition Who Dunnit. My daughter fell in love with Who Dunnit at Zapcon . . .

#1626 4 years ago

Wanted the Spy Hunter listed last night but was too exhausted to go chasing. Looks like a fun score

#1627 4 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Wanted the Spy Hunter listed last night but was too exhausted to go chasing. Looks like a fun score

I know...I was looking too. Did he already sell it? I thought it looked interesting but then got a little scared once I read some of the reviews. There was a Gold Wings listed around here that looked pretty good too...but it was expensive. I'm always in for something fair priced and kind of unique .

#1628 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I know...I was looking too. Did he already sell it? I thought it looked interesting but then got a little scared once I read some of the reviews. There was a Gold Wings listed around here that looked pretty good too...but it was expensive. I'm always in for something fair priced and kind of unique .

Both awful games. If I had to pick one over the other I'd go with the Goldwings. Loop ramp is cool when it's not broken (it always is, metal tabs come off). Make sure to hook up the air raid siren on that one and play it with the garage door open to freak out the neighbors.

#1629 4 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Both awful games. If I had to pick one over the other I'd go with the Goldwings. Loop ramp is cool when it's not broken (it always is, metal tabs come off). Make sure to hook up the air raid siren on that one and play it with the garage door open to freak out the neighbors.

Lol. Good to know! I guess I’ll stick to the new ones or the classics that I have actually played.

#1630 4 years ago

I am not in Arizona, but Las Vegas isn't too far from the border.

Selling my Abra Ca Dabra and Capt Card.

Nice games, but time to sell and get something else.

Thank you,
Ned

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Abra Ca Dabra Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Very nice Abra Ca Dabra. Plays great. Backglass is a new repro. Cabinet has been repainted. Playfield is original and in good condition. My technician has spent many hours keeping ...”
2019-07-27
Las Vegas, NV
1,750 (OBO)
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 357 times
Contributed to Pinside

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Capt. Card Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Nice Capt Card, add-a-ball version of High Hand. Drop targets reset after all knocked down, a nice feature that High Hand doesn't have. Works well and is fun to play. My local pinb...”
2019-07-27
Las Vegas, NV
950 (OBO)
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 270 times
Contributed to Pinside

#1631 4 years ago
Quoted from chill:

I am not in Arizona, but Las Vegas isn't too far from the border.

And while you're picking up one or both of Ned's EM's, you can stop by and pick up SC or BIBLE. Both will be posted for sale on pinside.

Steve (in Las Vegas)

1 week later
#1632 4 years ago

A buddy in Tucson is not into pinball (too bad for him!) but is looking for multi-game arcade game, either standing or cocktail, but would prefer cocktail design. I thought some of you might have ideas, guidance or even something in good shape for sale.

#1633 4 years ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

A buddy in Tucson is not into pinball (too bad for him!) but is looking for multi-game arcade game, either standing or cocktail, but would prefer cocktail design. I thought some of you might have ideas, guidance or even something in good shape for sale.

We sell new manufactured ones. Have one in stock in Walnut at the moment. Pics on our website. http://firebirdpinball.com/cocktail-anyone-2/
Otherwise these show up used on craigslist quite often.

#1634 4 years ago

Kind of dead around here lately.
Anyone thinking about selling anything?

#1635 4 years ago

Still looking for a Jokerz myself.

#1636 4 years ago

I put up 943,240 on the Firepower at Hop Central. I'm pretty proud of that . Are you going to sell your old Jurassic Park for the new one @coindork?

#1637 4 years ago

I may be selling/trading my nice original Centaur soon. Plays great, I just need to service the sound board with new caps. Any interest/questions just send me a PM.

Added over 4 years ago:

Haha. Can't believe I thought about selling this.

Fuck no, it's not for sale!

#1638 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I put up 943,240 on the Firepower at Hop Central. I'm pretty proud of that . Are you going to sell your old Jurassic Park for the new one coindork?

I really like my Data East Jurassic Park, so it's staying.
Haven't decided yet if I'll get the new one, I really wan't to play it first and see how I like it.

I did pick up a Monster Bash LE as well as Alice Coopers Nightmare castle so I got my fix (at least for a little while).

#1639 4 years ago

I have the whitewood engineering sample of WPT, chromed and pimped out, for sale.

#1640 4 years ago

Still kicking around selling my black MMR LE.

#1641 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I really like my Data East Jurassic Park, so it's staying.
Haven't decided yet if I'll get the new one, I really wan't to play it first and see how I like it.
I did pick up a Monster Bash LE as well as Alice Coopers Nightmare castle so I got my fix (at least for a little while).

I’m going to get the LE for the bar if you want to wait and check it out. I don’t know how anything can beat BKSoR which I absolutely love for some reason.

I really want to play ACNC! I thought that game looked great!

#1642 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I have the whitewood engineering sample of WPT, chromed and pimped out, for sale.

What is WPT? Sorry, I don’t know the code for that one.

#1643 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

What is WPT? Sorry, I don’t know the code for that one

World Poker Tour, I believe

#1644 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I’m going to get the LE for the bar if you want to wait and check it out. I don’t know how anything can beat BKSoR which I absolutely love for some reason.
I really want to play ACNC! I thought that game looked great!

You have an open invite to come up here and play it.

#1645 4 years ago

Selling my Hollywood Heat. Recently serviced, LED’d, new Titan rubber kit, and new purple ramp. Plays great and has an awesome playfield. $1900 OBO.

#1646 4 years ago

I still have my Johnny Mnemonic up for sale. I dropped the price to $3,000.

#1647 4 years ago

Who owns the Judge Dredd that keeps getting listed on CraigsList? It looks pretty nice.

#1648 4 years ago

I have a REALLY nice ToM with the brass package (armor, rails, hinges and coin door), ColorDMD, art blades, LEDs, 3-D trans light. It's gorgeous. I am going to ask $7,900 OBO. I also have a minty Avatar LE with some mods that I would let go for $5,500. I had someone who was going to buy it in Colorado, but I had to cancel my recent trip. Finally, I still have an HUO Sega 'The Lost World: Jurassic Park' that I will let go for $3,500. It has the LED ColorDMD installed and is a fun little game and hard to find in this condition. If no one wants these games locally, I will post them for sale nationally. I would like to clear some room at the Inn. Houdini and Hobbit incoming. Thanks, Michael.

#1649 4 years ago

Might be looking to move either our Firepower (w/drop target mod) or F-14, both are Firebird restores, full LED, working/nice looking/etc. PM me if any interest.

#1650 4 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

Might be looking to move either our Firepower (w/drop target mod) or F-14, both are Firebird restores, full LED, working/nice looking/etc. PM me if any interest.

what is your asking on the F14?

There are 2,830 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 57.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/az-whats-fsft/page/33?hl=shaundburch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.